opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Forum Feedback » Feedback
User Name
Password
Old 05-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155
Stickied Threads.

I've been here for a little bit, mostly over in the 10,000 days forum, and I see a lot of posts there that ignore the rules for the forum as stated in the stickied thread in the top of the forum / its subforums.

At first I just wrote these people off as being lazy / assholes, but I noticed something. Someone posted a thread to the AMG review of 10,000 days, and i failed to notice it for several hours... because it was stickied.

I was automaticallly ignoring the stickied threads. And from the fact that another thread about the AMG review was submitted to that forum, I can deduce that it wasn't just my addled brain.

So, its possible that stickied threads are automatically ignored by a large section of people who post here. have no suggestions as to how to fix this, But it seems to be a real issue in my eyes.

If you guys could come up with a way to fix this, maybe you'd save yourself some work closing / merging / deleted threads?

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
Re: Stickied Threads.

People should be less lazy. I know reading the threads that are at the top of the page is a lot of work, but you'll manage.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan
People should be less lazy. I know reading the threads that are at the top of the page is a lot of work, but you'll manage.

Well thats not even the point. I know that i read all the threads at the top the first time i enter a forum before i post. Its just REALLY REALLY easy to then ignore all the posts at the top, thus missing any new threads that are stickied.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

So your solution is for us to do what? Rather than for you to just be more vigilant when it comes to checking stickies, of course.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: