opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #5801
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iholdthepain View Post
The Chupacabra isn't overpriced...it's good stuff and only $30! As an added bonus, it makes your pee smell funny.
it was 20 dinero recently on his website. i picked up 3 bottles. no more shipping of wine until sept.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #5802
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luneytunes View Post
I bought MJK wine in Page Springs in February. I thought the Chupacabra was $20 ... anyway it was really nice. I had to concentrate to give an objective opinion, but it was as good or better than a $30 bottle from the Vintages section in my local (Ontario) liquor store.
I drank the Primer Paso on the weekend. I was hoping some of Maynard's mojo will rub off on me. Anubis is now the only bottle left.

Anyway, bring on the Toronto show. TORONTO TORONTO TORONTO.
I wasn't too impressed by it coming from a beer snob's perspective. It was really boozy no doubt, but being one of his first wines and not even his own grapes from another state (A blend at that), it was lacking some character. We all gotta begin somewhere...he'll be pulling in loads of cash long after Tool is done, and that's right when he'll have it DOWN SON. IIRC, it had a nice heavy, silky feel on the palate which was awesome for a $30 wine!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:08 AM   #5803
Level 7 - Loquacious

Like the old adage goes -

No news, is Tool news.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #5804
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
I wasn't too impressed by it coming from a beer snob's perspective. It was really boozy no doubt, but being one of his first wines and not even his own grapes from another state (A blend at that), it was lacking some character. We all gotta begin somewhere...he'll be pulling in loads of cash long after Tool is done, and that's right when he'll have it DOWN SON. IIRC, it had a nice heavy, silky feel on the palate which was awesome for a $30 wine!
dill.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #5805
Level 7 - Loquacious

On Toolband:

JULY 18 - DENVER THE FIELDS AT DICK'S SPORTING GOODS PARK/FESTIVAL
JULY 21 - PHOENIX, AZ - US AIRWAYS ARENA - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 22 - RIO RANCHO, NM - SANTA ANA STAR CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 24 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - AT@T CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 27 - ATLANTA, GA - VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATER - TBA
JULY 29 - CHARLOTTE, NC - BOJANGLE'S COLISEUM - TBA
JULY 30 - FAIRFAX, VA - PATRIOT CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30
AUG 1 - JERSEY CITY - ALL POINTS WEST FESTIVAL/ON SALE NOW
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #5806
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

looks like east coast dates are gonna come soon since they gotta fill out the week from august 1st to lollapalooza

ill wager there's atleast a michigan date, toronto and ohio in between there
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #5807
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Looks like Florida is a no go :'( Fuckers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #5808
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
On Toolband:

JULY 27 - ATLANTA, GA - VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATER - TBA
JULY 29 - CHARLOTTE, NC - BOJANGLE'S COLISEUM - TBA
Damn, I got 3 shows within a 6 hour drive. Holla!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #5809
Level 7 - Loquacious

8/2 in Mansfield. I can feel it. C'mon, it's on a Sunday. That means a full day of tailgating and bong hits before we head in.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #5810
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Damn, I got 3 shows within a 6 hour drive. Holla!
Seriously! I couldn't have asked for a better schedule. I have a lot of friends in DC so I'm gonna be tempted to make all 3.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #5811
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

So far...

July 18 Denver
July 19 Salt Lake City
July 21 Phoenix
July 22 Rio Rancho (ABQ, NM)
July 24 San Antonio
July 25 Dallas
July 27 Atlanta
July 29 Charlotte
July 30 Fairfax
Aug 1 Jersey City
Aug 8 Chicago
Aug 9 St. Paul (tentative)
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #5812
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

so can we all agree that there will be no California, Oregon, or Washington dates on this mini-tour? I'd like to hear some thoughts so I can make my final decision as to whether I should keep hope or just plan to head on to the southwest. thanks
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #5813
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarv35 View Post
so can we all agree that there will be no California, Oregon, or Washington dates on this mini-tour? I'd like to hear some thoughts so I can make my final decision as to whether I should keep hope or just plan to head on to the southwest. thanks
I think Blair said there would be a show off the beaten path from LA, so there is still a possibility of a show in the area.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #5814
Level 4 - Thinker

Something is funny with the ATL date. The Verizon Amphitheater is having a Jason Mraz show that night. Are there two Verizon amphitheaters in atlanta? It looks like there is a brand new one in Alpharetta but is there one downtown?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #5815
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmellofiron View Post
Something is funny with the ATL date. The Verizon Amphitheater is having a Jason Mraz show that night. Are there two Verizon amphitheaters in atlanta? It looks like there is a brand new one in Alpharetta but is there one downtown?
I knew it! These are the decoy dates.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #5816
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

thanks chunga, i appreciate the hope haha. my only thought was somehow phoenix was the one they were referring to, although that really doesn't make much sense. Rio Rancho seems to fit the description of a tour site a bit off the beaten track to me, but thats even further and much too far to pertain to LA. I guess I just can't imagine a date that'll fit in, that july week seems pretty full.

Still really hoping that the Rolling Stone article wasn't entirely accurate and that they are going to extend the tour past Lollapalooza. Would be nice..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #5817

Quote:
Lakewood Amphitheatre in Atlanta has an open slot that night so perhaps it was just a mixup. But even Lakewood would be hectic scheduling since the Warped Tour starts the next day at noon so you'd think they'd like to start setting up the night before.

Unfortunate Mraz has the Alpharetta theatre that night cause I just looked at pics and it looks really nice. The lawn even has trees on it towards the back.

I'm guessing we'll get a message from Blair saying "See this is why I take my time to make sure all the details are 100% accurate!," hah.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #5818
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I heard Vince McMahon is negotiating a buyout agreement for TOOL to take the July 27 date from J. Mraz. Possible solutions include a cage match between Blair and G. Love. Winner gets the date.
That's just what I heard...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #5819
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
thanks chunga, i appreciate the hope haha. my only thought was somehow phoenix was the one they were referring to, although that really doesn't make much sense. Rio Rancho seems to fit the description of a tour site a bit off the beaten track to me, but thats even further and much too far to pertain to LA. I guess I just can't imagine a date that'll fit in, that july week seems pretty full.

Still really hoping that the Rolling Stone article wasn't entirely accurate and that they are going to extend the tour past Lollapalooza. Would be nice..
Indeed. That is a huge track if Phoenix or NM is a bit off it from LA. We need a nice SoCal finish, I'd even settle for NorCal. I just hope my wife has her baby on time/early. I can miss a couple diaper changes but supposedly I need to be there for the birth.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #5820
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah, hopefully they have something in CA, if not, I will have to make a trip to AZ.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #5821
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwest24 View Post
Indeed. That is a huge track if Phoenix or NM is a bit off it from LA. We need a nice SoCal finish, I'd even settle for NorCal. I just hope my wife has her baby on time/early. I can miss a couple diaper changes but supposedly I need to be there for the birth.
haha. I suppose that's a fair deal. Yeah, I just don't see how any west coast dates could fit into their touring schedule at this point, especially now considering where they will be and how long (or short, for that matter) this tour is supposedly going to be. But at the same time, I can't see how they would skip a WA date (like Seattle), and a CA date when they know they could sell out 10k arenas easy. Maybe there were just no availabilities when they were trying to book venues, or maybe AEnima Maynard has returned to display his hate for us Californians. ha, who knows. SoCal finish would be sweet though..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #5822
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
But even Lakewood would be hectic scheduling since the Warped Tour starts the next day at noon so you'd think they'd like to start setting up the night before.
I would guarantee that Warped Tour would not need to set up the night before.
Since it's founding, Warped Tour has been all about saving as much money as possible by having no lights, no catering, no dressing rooms, having bands play for free, having people work for free, etc.
I've heard of them having some of the bands work on the tour for the "right" to play instead of getting paid, and bands doing the catering so they didn't have to pay someone. Some call it a sense of community, but to most of the people I know who've been on the tour it's just being cheap.
If they have any lighting at all, it's extremely minimal. Most of the bands play during the daylight, and I know they always used to try to be done before dark so they wouldn't need lights. That saves a lot of time on set up.
I would think they could be ready for a noon start by being there at 6 or 8am. If this is the place Tool is playing, all of the gear would be in the trucks and on the road before 2am.
When I was on the Lollapalooza tour in 1997 load in started at 6am and the stage was ready for a band at 1pm, and that was a full production. Ozzfest in 1998 started working at a similar time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #5823

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
I would guarantee that Warped Tour would not need to set up the night before...
I knew you'd be there to set me straight if I was wrong, Junior. The info is always greatly appreciated.

So sounds like Lakewood and Chastain Park are the most likely venues. Unless of course someone really screwed up when they gave Blair the info, and it's really gonna be indoors somewhere.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #5824
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

come on junior, how about a Thousand Oaks date. I'm sure the civic arts plaza will be available in late july or august. see what you can do haha =P
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #5825

Okay just read on TA that the same chick who started the Atlanta show rumor now says the show is indeed at Verizon. It's the date that's wrong, but she didn't get confirmation which day it will be. Sunday the 26th would be convenient for fans traveling but that would be after a 12 hr drive from Dallas the night before so I'd think the 28th is more likely.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #5826
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
Okay just read on TA that the same chick who started the Atlanta show rumor now says the show is indeed at Verizon. It's the date that's wrong, but she didn't get confirmation which day it will be. Sunday the 26th would be convenient for fans traveling but that would be after a 12 hr drive from Dallas the night before so I'd think the 28th is more likely.
Overnight from Dallas to Atlanta would be pretty much impossible for a Tool production, so you are definitely right about that. If it's 12 hours by car, then trucks and buses would take 13 or 14, getting the trucks to Atlanta in the middle of the afternoon. Anything over 8 hours starts to push it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #5827
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
come on junior, how about a Thousand Oaks date. I'm sure the civic arts plaza will be available in late july or august. see what you can do haha =P
We actually built one of the production elements for the fall 2006 tour in the T.O. Civic Arts Plaza. Our head carpenter for that tour lives in Simi Valley, and it seemed like a good location for the both of us to work on it. We had stuff in there for a few days.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #5828
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm going to make up the rest of the dates because I'm bored:

8/2- Mansfield, MA
8/3- Hartford, CT
8/5- Montreal
8/6- Toronto
8/8- Chicago
8/9- Minneapolis
8/11- Gorge WA
8/12- Vancouver
8/14- Mountain View, CA
8/16- Off The Beaten Path From LA
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #5829
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Overnight from Dallas to Atlanta would be pretty much impossible for a Tool production, so you are definitely right about that. If it's 12 hours by car, then trucks and buses would take 13 or 14, getting the trucks to Atlanta in the middle of the afternoon. Anything over 8 hours starts to push it.
Isn't it two days? Which would be possible, right? ... 25th to the 27th
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #5830

Quote:
So I'm 1 for 2 on my touring assumptions today. I'll take it, haha.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #5831

This is good news. Dallas and San Antonio are two shows that I'll definitely be at and possibly New Mexico if I can swing it. I feel bad for the people who don't seem to be getting a nearby show. Hopefully something will pop up for them.
10/23/01 Oklahoma City, OK - 7/25/02 Tulsa, OK - 11/16/02 Oklahoma City, OK - 9/14/06 Dallas, TX - 5/11/07 Wichita, KS - 5/19/07 Oklahoma City, OK - 11/19/07 Tulsa, OK - 7/24/09 San Antonio, TX - 7/25/09 Dallas, TX - 6/23/10 Oklahoma City, OK
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #5832
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
Isn't it two days? Which would be possible, right? ... 25th to the 27th
True, but I was responding to speculation that the 27th is incorrect and the real date might be the 26th or the 28th. I was just ruling out the 26th.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #5833
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
True, but I was responding to speculation that the 27th is incorrect and the real date might be the 26th or the 28th. I was just ruling out the 26th.
Oh, I see...

I'm guessing its at Lakewood on the 27th...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #5834
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
Oh, I see...

I'm guessing its at Lakewood on the 27th...
Yeah, either the venue is wrong or the date is wrong.
Wouldn't be the first time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #5835
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
We actually built one of the production elements for the fall 2006 tour in the T.O. Civic Arts Plaza. Our head carpenter for that tour lives in Simi Valley, and it seemed like a good location for the both of us to work on it. We had stuff in there for a few days.
Really? Damn, that's pretty awesome. Any speculation on whether the West Coast will be included in this tour, junior? I know you probably don't know much more than we do, but maybe through past experience you have a logical speculation on this? Regardless, I refuse to miss Tool this go-around. Itll be my first Tool show ever...
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #5836
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just saw NIN at Lakewood... While there, a small fairy delivered a vision of seeing Tool in the Lakewood Amphitheatre...

Thankfully, the vision occurred in the middle of the Jane's Addiction set.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #5837
Level 8 - Vociferous

IF (big if) the Atlanta show is really on Tuesday the 28th (it's only 4-5 hours from Atlanta to Charlotte), that would leave 2 days off between Dallas and Atlanta. 2 days off is a rarity, especially on such a short tour. In that case I would see the possibility of a show on the 26th somewhere between Dallas and Atlanta. I'm not basing this on anything other than speculation. The Atlanta show could still be on the 27th in a different venue (like Lakewood) which would shoot that full of holes.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #5838
Level 7 - Loquacious

damn i dont seem room to tuck an oklahoma/kansas date in there unless they put it between Dallas and Atlanta
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5839
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

JULY 21 - PHOENIX, AZ - US AIRWAYS ARENA - ON SALE MAY 30
JULY 24 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - AT@T CENTER - ON SALE MAY 30

ok guys out of those 3 which one should i go to i live in kansas city missouri thanks
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #5840
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Really? Damn, that's pretty awesome. Any speculation on whether the West Coast will be included in this tour, junior? I know you probably don't know much more than we do, but maybe through past experience you have a logical speculation on this? Regardless, I refuse to miss Tool this go-around. Itll be my first Tool show ever...
I'd include a photo of the trial setup in the Civic Arts Plaza, but I have no idea how to do that on here. Some of the pre-production usually gets done in Camarillo, which is where the lighting vendor (Delicate) is located.

They're keeping this tour info pretty tight at the moment.
For example, I first heard about the possibility of San Antonio last week, but only got confirmation of it today when everyone else did.
There's still that possibility of the "off the beaten track" LA area show, but the last I heard that was still far from confirmed. A side note on that one is that I still haven't seen anyone on the various sites guess the right location. It is, however, not in a city that Tool has never played. But it might not even happen, so who knows. That's also not a challenge, since if someone guesses it now I'm not at liberty to confirm or deny it. I'm just saying that up until now I haven't seen it guessed.
With these new confirmed dates, I don't see where the West Coast would fit in, unless it was before Denver (I have my doubts), between APW and Lollapalooza (seems unlikely), or after Lollapalooza (most logical, but no indication thus far).
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: