Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1041
On Probation

Bincount™: 1567
Re: New Tool Album

thats cuz it didnt make sense
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM

A bit off that Adam and Maynard do not follow each other on Instagram.

Maybe Adam doesn't care to see pics of Maynard touring and pics of wine bottles and Maynard doesn't care to see all the pics of art shit Adam posts.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #1042
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

A bit off that Adam and Maynard do not follow each other on Instagram.

Maybe Adam doesn't care to see pics of Maynard touring and pics of wine bottles and Maynard doesn't care to see all the pics of art shit Adam posts.
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
04-08-2013, 08:18 PM

I wonder how much these guys hang out outside of tool things? To me, it seems they are not very close at all outside of Tool. It's kind of strange; but interesting at the same time.

Also, sianspheric, I don't think Maynard and Adam get along very well at all. If I remember correctly, durng 10K Days, those guys couldn't even be in the same room together.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1043
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I wonder how much these guys hang out outside of tool things? To me, it seems they are not very close at all outside of Tool. It's kind of strange; but interesting at the same time.

Also, sianspheric, I don't think Maynard and Adam get along very well at all. If I remember correctly, durng 10K Days, those guys couldn't even be in the same room together.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
04-08-2013, 08:55 PM

I suspect they get along as well as anyone does with their workmates. Some they have some affection for, some they dislike, some they actively hang out with, some they one associate with professionally.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #1044
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I suspect they get along as well as anyone does with their workmates. Some they have some affection for, some they dislike, some they actively hang out with, some they one associate with professionally.
04-09-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post

probably because of that terrible solo he decided to play on maynard's letter to his mommy.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #1045
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:

probably because of that terrible solo he decided to play on maynard's letter to his mommy.
base metal's Avatar base metal
04-09-2013, 07:31 AM

They probably get drunk and hug it out every 5-10 years.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #1046
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

They probably get drunk and hug it out every 5-10 years.
ObviousParadox's Avatar ObviousParadox
05-06-2013, 10:45 AM

wiener
Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #1047
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176

wiener
05-14-2013, 10:02 AM

Almost 7 years since the last album, seven fucking years. Just let that sink in for a bit.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #1048
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Almost 7 years since the last album, seven fucking years. Just let that sink in for a bit.
05-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
Here's to hoping it takes another seven years.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1049
Grand Inquisitor

Bincount™: 4314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
Here's to hoping it takes another seven years.
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Word on the street is Fall 2014.......
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #1050

Bincount™: 2063

Word on the street is Fall 2014.......
05-14-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:

If you go by Instagram (both Maynard and Adam are fairly active on there)

they don't hang out much outside of Tool, at all. They are all leading very different lives.

Adam is into art, his fiance, wrestling and different music than MJK

Maynard is into wine, food, life in Jerome/his vinyards, his Puscifer and APC bandmates, his wife, dog, etc.

Maynard tends to tag his Puscifer/APC bandmates on pictures and shit constantly so they can see whatever things he finds interesting, I've never seen him do it with Adam or Justin (who is also on Instagram/twitter) or vice versa. Up until recently Adam and Maynard are not even following each other on there.

I know you might be thinking "who cares about that gay ass Instragram shit". To me it's just a reflection that these guys are not really that interested in each others lives and as a result it's probably been a factor in the snails pace that Tool creatively has existed in since 2006. If these guys still were getting along really well, I'm sure that would have somewhat helped the creative process and all 4 of them could be in a room together and actually make songs.

They really don't seem to have much of a relationship beyond their history together and Tool, the business they occasionally work with together .

Last edited by sianspheric; 05-14-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #1051
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Quote:

If you go by Instagram (both Maynard and Adam are fairly active on there)

they don't hang out much outside of Tool, at all. They are all leading very different lives.

Adam is into art, his fiance, wrestling and different music than MJK

Maynard is into wine, food, life in Jerome/his vinyards, his Puscifer and APC bandmates, his wife, dog, etc.

Maynard tends to tag his Puscifer/APC bandmates on pictures and shit constantly so they can see whatever things he finds interesting, I've never seen him do it with Adam or Justin (who is also on Instagram/twitter) or vice versa. Up until recently Adam and Maynard are not even following each other on there.

I know you might be thinking "who cares about that gay ass Instragram shit". To me it's just a reflection that these guys are not really that interested in each others lives and as a result it's probably been a factor in the snails pace that Tool creatively has existed in since 2006. If these guys still were getting along really well, I'm sure that would have somewhat helped the creative process and all 4 of them could be in a room together and actually make songs.

They really don't seem to have much of a relationship beyond their history together and Tool, the business they occasionally work with together .

Last edited by sianspheric; 05-14-2013 at 10:56 AM..
praefector's Avatar praefector
05-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

it's been clear for a while that tool is adam's baby. that's the reason maynard hates to field questions about the state of the band, because he does have so little creative control.

i can't say they don't get along because i've never seen them interacting naturally, but i imagine it's frustrating for anyone to work at someone else's pace. it's easy to see who the one pulling the strings is when you look at what everyone is doing. adam is focusing on art, a time consuming process, while the other 3 are engaged in side projects.

i think back to the years when i first got into tool. they were enigmatic, not selling themselves but selling music and art they made. it's not about them as people, it's about the product they produce--the package and the experience. it doesn't bother me that this particular grouping of artists and musicians work at a glacial pace because what they produce is considered and engaging, yes, even 10k days. not every band is lucky enough to set their own pace when it comes to recording material.

i hope the guys still enjoy each other's company, otherwise any future releases will seem like pure cash-grabs (and after the opiate re-release i fear that is what this band has become)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #1052

Quote:

it's been clear for a while that tool is adam's baby. that's the reason maynard hates to field questions about the state of the band, because he does have so little creative control.

i can't say they don't get along because i've never seen them interacting naturally, but i imagine it's frustrating for anyone to work at someone else's pace. it's easy to see who the one pulling the strings is when you look at what everyone is doing. adam is focusing on art, a time consuming process, while the other 3 are engaged in side projects.

i think back to the years when i first got into tool. they were enigmatic, not selling themselves but selling music and art they made. it's not about them as people, it's about the product they produce--the package and the experience. it doesn't bother me that this particular grouping of artists and musicians work at a glacial pace because what they produce is considered and engaging, yes, even 10k days. not every band is lucky enough to set their own pace when it comes to recording material.

i hope the guys still enjoy each other's company, otherwise any future releases will seem like pure cash-grabs (and after the opiate re-release i fear that is what this band has become)
obwah's Avatar obwah
05-17-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Quote:
I didn't actually hear the recent interview on JJJ here in Australia, and I couldn't be fucked listening to it right now, but according to a mate Justin and Danny explained that they enjoy hanging out at NBA games, as that's the only time they get to see each other.
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
Old 05-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #1053
Practising Procrastination (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1298

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't actually hear the recent interview on JJJ here in Australia, and I couldn't be fucked listening to it right now, but according to a mate Justin and Danny explained that they enjoy hanging out at NBA games, as that's the only time they get to see each other.
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
05-17-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwah View Post
I think it was Danny & Adam (though I'm not 100% sure) and I'm not sure they said it was the only time they see each other.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #1054
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by obwah View Post
I think it was Danny & Adam (though I'm not 100% sure) and I'm not sure they said it was the only time they see each other.
05-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Comment today about the new Tool album

Justin Chancellor: Just my opinion but i think early next year...but i am in the same boat as you its just guess work..i have become philosophical about it and accept when theyre ready it will drop
Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #1055
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Justin Chancellor: Just my opinion but i think early next year...but i am in the same boat as you its just guess work..i have become philosophical about it and accept when theyre ready it will drop
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
05-20-2013, 12:26 PM

this album better cure cancer
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #1056
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

this album better cure cancer
05-20-2013, 12:55 PM

Tools new album is the new Chinese Democracy
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #1057
Watch the Weather Change

Tools new album is the new Chinese Democracy
05-20-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post

Where did you get that from lotus?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #1058
crows before hoes

Quote:

05-20-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
oh shit

thought it was justins fb page. but it is the UNOFFICIAL Justin Chancellor page.

my bad. i wouldn't have posted it if i knew it was a fan saying that.

/slap
Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #1059
Up From The Skies

Quote:
oh shit

thought it was justins fb page. but it is the UNOFFICIAL Justin Chancellor page.

my bad. i wouldn't have posted it if i knew it was a fan saying that.

/slap
05-20-2013, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the clarification. My understanding is Justin can't stand social media, so as a general rule of thumb I would wake anything "Justin" says via Facebook, Twitter and the likes with a grain of salt.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #1060
crows before hoes

Thanks for the clarification. My understanding is Justin can't stand social media, so as a general rule of thumb I would wake anything "Justin" says via Facebook, Twitter and the likes with a grain of salt.
05-20-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
i thought it was justin because of personal photos that have been posted lately on this fan page, and other photos i have never seen before. it might be blair but who knows right?

but yes, grain of salt.

again, sorry for the unofficial post. wasn't meant to be a joke.

Last edited by lotus.; 05-20-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #1061
Up From The Skies

Quote:
i thought it was justin because of personal photos that have been posted lately on this fan page, and other photos i have never seen before. it might be blair but who knows right?

but yes, grain of salt.

again, sorry for the unofficial post. wasn't meant to be a joke.

Last edited by lotus.; 05-20-2013 at 05:41 PM..
05-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:

sounds like the musing of a page admin...

it seems odd that justin would refer to the band as a separate entity to himself.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #1062

Quote:

sounds like the musing of a page admin...

it seems odd that justin would refer to the band as a separate entity to himself.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-20-2013, 06:43 PM

yes, i thought that as well praefector. just adds more mystery to an album that is taking longer to create than mount st helens.

/erupts in agony
Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #1063
Up From The Skies

yes, i thought that as well praefector. just adds more mystery to an album that is taking longer to create than mount st helens.

/erupts in agony
05-21-2013, 07:28 AM

what's so strange is that the wait between lateralus and 10k days felt so much more agonizing than this. maybe because the band was pretty active in the span with touring and such. or maybe because the gap between aenima and lateralus prepared me in a way.

maybe that will change once they actually record it and start travelling it around for promotion. or maybe its all the other music ive found to fill the space.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #1064

what's so strange is that the wait between lateralus and 10k days felt so much more agonizing than this. maybe because the band was pretty active in the span with touring and such. or maybe because the gap between aenima and lateralus prepared me in a way.

maybe that will change once they actually record it and start travelling it around for promotion. or maybe its all the other music ive found to fill the space.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-21-2013, 05:49 PM

Maybe we're all just older and care less.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #1065
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Maybe we're all just older and care less.
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM

I think this is worse than Lateralus to 10K Days. It just seems like no progress is being made. Then you wonder if it's going to be worth the wait.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #1066
Watch the Weather Change

I think this is worse than Lateralus to 10K Days. It just seems like no progress is being made. Then you wonder if it's going to be worth the wait.
fernygii's Avatar fernygii
05-21-2013, 11:11 PM

probably not
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #1067
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 929

probably not
05-22-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
i think that's only a problem if i spend a significant amount of time searching for info or waiting for what i know is there. that's why i think that stuff won't happen until they actually get an album recorded and ready to promote.

and maybe i am just older now and so am less inclined to care. they're just one in a sea of millions of great bands. i tend to listen to what is there instead of hoping for what will come later.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #1068

Quote:
i think that's only a problem if i spend a significant amount of time searching for info or waiting for what i know is there. that's why i think that stuff won't happen until they actually get an album recorded and ready to promote.

and maybe i am just older now and so am less inclined to care. they're just one in a sea of millions of great bands. i tend to listen to what is there instead of hoping for what will come later.
05-22-2013, 05:47 AM

No need to spend time speculating about when they'll record the album. When they actually do, I very much doubt it will be a secret.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #1069
crows before hoes

No need to spend time speculating about when they'll record the album. When they actually do, I very much doubt it will be a secret.
05-22-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernygii View Post
probably not
For me, it really depends on how much they (all) have tried to experiment. I honestly wonder if at this point they are capable of creating an album without wondering, if only for a little bit, "Is this Tool enough?" Meaning, how will fans react if they head in a certain direction stylistically?

My only hope is that they still don't give a shit about that question. I'd rather hear something their all legitimately excited about.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-22-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #1070
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernygii View Post
probably not
For me, it really depends on how much they (all) have tried to experiment. I honestly wonder if at this point they are capable of creating an album without wondering, if only for a little bit, "Is this Tool enough?" Meaning, how will fans react if they head in a certain direction stylistically?

My only hope is that they still don't give a shit about that question. I'd rather hear something their all legitimately excited about.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 05-22-2013 at 07:37 AM..
livid star's Avatar livid star
06-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Is Adam's fiance knocked up?! I ask cuz this directly impacts me. Delay of album and tour possibly...how much worse can life get?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #1071
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Is Adam's fiance knocked up?! I ask cuz this directly impacts me. Delay of album and tour possibly...how much worse can life get?
06-18-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
That seems to be the rumour going around the place. Not actually confirmed yet as far as I can tell though.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #1072
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
That seems to be the rumour going around the place. Not actually confirmed yet as far as I can tell though.
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM

Did Adam knock her up using a flying suplex or some other wrestling move?! He did an elbow drop with his penis.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #1073
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Did Adam knock her up using a flying suplex or some other wrestling move?! He did an elbow drop with his penis.
06-19-2013, 05:08 AM

Can we stop bumping this thread until there's relevant information about a new Tool album
Old 06-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #1074

Bincount™: 7676

Can we stop bumping this thread until there's relevant information about a new Tool album
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
06-19-2013, 05:18 AM

nice bump
Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #1075
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

nice bump
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
You heard him, dan. Might as well lock this one up.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #1076
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
You heard him, dan. Might as well lock this one up.
Puzzle
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I'm fairly certain it was a cryptic crossface.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #1077
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I'm fairly certain it was a cryptic crossface.
07-16-2013, 04:27 AM

danny carey recently talked to loudwire and told them the new album will be most likely out in early 2014.i will take this with a grain of salt,though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Carey
"It’s still the three of us right now and four of us it will be soon, you know, just working on all our parts and working on our compositions together,”
“Stylistically, we’re trying to push things in different ways, but it always comes out sounding like Tool no matter what we’re trying to do. We’re working everyday on it and it’s going really well, so I’m hoping we’ll get into the studio by the end of the year.”
“Right now, since we haven’t started tracking stuff at this point, it’ll be hard. We could have the record finished by the end of the year — that’s a possibility, but the logistics of getting it manufactured and getting the record company in line and all this stuff, I doubt we’ll be able to get it out before Christmas. We’ll see how it goes. Most likely, it’ll be early 2014.”

Last edited by The Villain; 07-16-2013 at 04:29 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 AM   #1078
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

danny carey recently talked to loudwire and told them the new album will be most likely out in early 2014.i will take this with a grain of salt,though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Carey
"It’s still the three of us right now and four of us it will be soon, you know, just working on all our parts and working on our compositions together,”
“Stylistically, we’re trying to push things in different ways, but it always comes out sounding like Tool no matter what we’re trying to do. We’re working everyday on it and it’s going really well, so I’m hoping we’ll get into the studio by the end of the year.”
“Right now, since we haven’t started tracking stuff at this point, it’ll be hard. We could have the record finished by the end of the year — that’s a possibility, but the logistics of getting it manufactured and getting the record company in line and all this stuff, I doubt we’ll be able to get it out before Christmas. We’ll see how it goes. Most likely, it’ll be early 2014.”

Last edited by The Villain; 07-16-2013 at 04:29 AM..
07-16-2013, 04:31 AM

on the tool calendar "early 2014" falls right around november, so it's still possible.

at least it seems like they've probably got a short recording schedule ahead given how long they've been in the 'jamming it out' phase.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #1079

on the tool calendar "early 2014" falls right around november, so it's still possible.

at least it seems like they've probably got a short recording schedule ahead given how long they've been in the 'jamming it out' phase.
Vein's Avatar Vein
07-16-2013, 07:52 AM

So they haven't tracked anything and they still need to suck MJK's dick to get him into the studio to record something that isn't about boners? Good luck.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #1080
gaufre

Bincount™: 234

So they haven't tracked anything and they still need to suck MJK's dick to get him into the studio to record something that isn't about boners? Good luck.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply