opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 06-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #41
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/05/26 - Lisbon, PRT - Superrock Festival

Hey, hey hey hey hey hey

So, this was the 2nd i saw TOOL live... i saw them at the ozzfest in 2002..
For me they are always perfect, either live or in studio...
This time in lisbon, there were 2 things not so great,, they didnt played The Grudge and the show was too damn short... ( not their fault )
Despite the problem with the screens, the ending was beautiful, they played AENEMA, and Maynard said : " see ya in the fall " witch really turned the crowd on ( even more )
Note: 10/10... TOOL is always perfect no matter what...

Peace for all
Old 06-02-2006, 03:17 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 45

Perfect concert. Fuck*ng love, it was worth waiting for the panels to be fully operational.

And despise what others may have said, Defontes was fuck*ing beautiful, yeah Chino didn't had a great performance at Passenger, and i bet he knows it, but still he keept singing it let he didn't fucking care, Deftones and all other bands are not just about the voice you know. Great fuck*ng concert Defontes!

Still Tool was by far the best one ;)
Old 06-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

First of all, I'm not used to write in english (I live in the north of Spain.), but i'll try to do my best.
I tried to post this in the Superbock thread but it has just closed.
It´s been 8 days since this great show took place in Lisbon, and 4 years since the previous Tool gig in that city. Last week the concert was ok, but i had a better time in 2002 when they played at Restelo stadium, in the west of Lisbon. The visuals and setlist were so much better. This was the setlist that day (2002-06-04):

The Grudge
*(-) ions
Stinkfist
Parabol
Parabola
Schism
*small intro of Merkaba
Sober
Ticks and Leeches
Disposition
Reflection
Triad
Aenema
Lateralis

......that is Lateralus almost on its entirety (we missed The Patient), and 2 more songs than this time (2006-05-26):

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
*small intro of Intension
Right In two
Sober
Lateralis
Vicarious
Ænema

There were 10.000 people at the stadium that year, this time we were 30.000 and it was a really hot night, with a suffocating crowd ( i saw 2 girls fainting near the stage while waiting for Tool)

However, the other day Tool were as amazing as always . The show was in the east of Lisbon, beside the sea, near the "Expo'98" and a long bridge (the longest bridge of Europe, if i'm not wrong).

The funniest thing for me was to see MJK with boots, blue jeans, no t-shirt, "mirror" sunglasses, and a cowboy white hat. Please somebody tell me if he uses this wardrobe in the other cities! In 2002 he came onstage with his body painted blue.
And did you notice the funny gesture that he made one of the times that he said "Sean Kinney, 40 years old" ?? He looked at one side of the stage, lifting his arms like he was saying to somebody "this people do not react!" He was all the time kind of expecting an ovation for S.K. , but i think that nobody knew who Sean was. I knew that 05-27 was Sean Kinney's 40th birthday because the day before I read it on imdb.com (searching for Alice in chains), but I didn't expect MJK to do that.
By the way, while AIC were playing some hours before, some fans showed a big poster in which we could read "Alice in chains: born again", but nothing about the birthday.

Tool began at 1 a.m ... (2 a.m. in Spain), so I was nearly asleep. But people went crazy when they started with Stinkfist. I nearly fell to the ground, nearly lost my camera so I had to stop recording that.
I was so glad to see them beginning with that song, because I don't like Rosetta Stoned that much. And it was even better to hear "Right in two", that is in my opinion the best song of this last CD, a masterpiece... incredible.
Another magic moments were the beginning of 46&2 and Lateralis...

To the fans that complaint about Adam being static, I just want to remind them that he's the guy who made all the visuals and videos, and he prefers people to enjoy it than to watch him jumping like a monkey while playing songs. They're not Green Day...
And yes, MJK said "see you in the fall" but we have to remember that he loves to say shocking things to his audience. For example in 2002 he said "this is now our favorite place to play (Lisbon) ". And I have a video in which we can see him in a show in the US saying "We are going to play this song (No Quarter) because... (screaming) you are our favorite audience ever!!!) he's always kidding, and so ironic.
i uploaded some pictures to this Url:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9428538...7594154421400/
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: