opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 08-17-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Something to think about

You know what is funny? People who judge others; that is what is funny. Tool is music, it is not Gods hand touching us, not the ghost that haunts the never-ending hall way, it is not the answer to my life; and should it even be for yours... I pity you. I will be the first to admit that Tool is great on the Cd (and better live)----- the songs that are spining round and round in my BoomBox from Tool are soothing and mezmorizing but come on now... Tool says don't judge me in the lyrics and music they present, yet you judge the people who they tell not to judge them. Tool is my favorite band but to say others suck because they arent Tool is like saying that walls suck because it isnt food. Everyone knows Tool is one of a kind... so how can you jugde others off their music, that is what is funny... you are pathetic.
Here is some favorite music of mine:
Tool
Atreyu
Thursday
Slighty Stoopid
Bach
Bob Marley
Nas
Hatebreed... The list goes on forever

Another thing is people who say "I liked a certain bands old stuff but their new stuff sucks." That is the most irrational thing a person can say; pick out the things that are good in the music and expand your own musical ability through it... I hate some tool songs: #4 on Lateralus, where a ghost or something is moaning: but even though the song sucks one respects that it has a purpose and is smoewhat a musical materpiece????????

Peace-----------and Goodbye
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:00 PM   #2
dsl
Banned.

Bincount™: 1278
Tool is not the answer to life...just a stepping stone of comprehension. They draw you into various philosophies to broaden your mind. Thats all!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:09 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: Something to think about

ok, but you yourself seem pretty judgemental to me..

Last edited by avarice; 08-18-2003 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-18-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

ok

Am i being judgemental. So your saying that I am jugding also... that is true, as a matter of fact I would agree with you 100%; it is me I know i am also judging. But I guess I wasn't making myself clear, what i mean to say is that people who listen to Tool saying "dont judge me" yet turn and judge others are pretty... well, pitiful. I on the other hand think it is perfectly fine to judge others so I can not fit in my own catigory... I say judge who you want. But in saying that i must be careful, I am not assuming that you or anyone does it just seemed like in the "STANID RIP OFF" Thread people were saying that. But in response to the second thread in this section, i couldn't agree more... that is what i listen to Tool for inspiration, they are a stepping stone that seems easier to step on then the others of the musical time... if of course you are looking for inspiration.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 301
i dont want to "judge" anybody, that would be irrational, so ill just say this, i think your full of it...
Old 08-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Thank you

haha now that is humor i not care who you are!
we have different views i guess... but i never considered myself an irrational person, but hell more power to you

peace------------and Goodbye
Old 08-18-2003, 06:52 PM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 96
Re: ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain_yourself
I on the other hand think it is perfectly fine to judge others so I can not fit in my own catigory... I say judge who you want.

keep being unique...
Old 08-19-2003, 07:46 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain_yourself
that is what i listen to Tool for inspiration, they are a stepping stone that seems easier to step on then the others of the musical time... if of course you are looking for inspiration.
agreed.. stepping stones are good shit
Old 08-19-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

To Above

Agreed...

peace-----------and Goodbye
Old 08-20-2003, 01:12 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6
Um... nobody's perfect. Hense the reason why we still judge occasionally.

And what's wrong with saying that a bands new music is bad? If that's true, it's true. The most common example I hear is the example I'm going to use (and I feel the same way too)... KoRn's new stuff sucks. I like their old stuff (musically, not at all lyrically) but I didn't like their new stuff. So, instead of saying "Beat it Upright" and "thoughtless", etc. sucked. I can just say "New KoRn sucks." I fail to see what's wrong with that.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:00 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

ok

All i asked was for people to see and respect those who have created the music. In your case Korn... just because their new stuff might be worse then their old stuff, one can still like things with in music that inspires them or whatnot. That is all i was refering to, and that is why i think that it is pretty dumb to say that their "new stuff sucks", maybe the band tryed something new... What if Korn came out with a new CD and you thought that it was the best of all their music; what would you say then?
"I liked Korns old stuff and new stuff but not the middle stuff"... I dont get it????

peace------------and Goodbye

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: