opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 07-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

stinkfist
the pot
46 & 2
jambi
schism
lost keys
rosetta stoned
wings for marie
10000 days
lateralus
vicarious
aenima

manard mentioend he was still a bit sick, lacked some energy for the first half but started getting into the concert more the second half...he complained of having to piss before he started lateralus and then chanegd the lyrics at the end of aenima to got to piss...all in all a great effort coming back from illness and much more than i expected
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Simply Amazing. The band came on the stage at 9:12, and Adam, Danny, and Justin walked off at 11:02. Maynard left a bit early, while the rest of the guys waved to the crowd. The show was amazing, I was expecting something close to the Houston show. We got a good amount of songs, Maynard sang pretty much every line. He wasn't too talkative, until the end when he was talking about having to piss really bad... he even changed the lyrics in AEnema between the "fuck retro anything" etc. parts from "Learn to swim" to "Got to piss!" All in all, an amazing, unexpected performance, they played Wings! A big fuck you goes all to all the bastards who were screaming during the song... they're are times at a concert when it's appropriate to be quiet, and that was one of them. Maynard sold his part pretty well, while he was singing he looked very solemn; whether that's actually how he was feeling or not I couldn't tell you, but it made the song even more awesome for me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Wings, bitches!

Seriously though, amazing show. MJK was animated, energetic, and sounded great. What a night.

Yup, MJK had to piss. And mentioned it over and over again.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

the show was badass man. i cant wait til they come to san antonio. Hope it's soon
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Wings/10K Days was absolutely AMAZING live. I even started to cry at one point.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #7

Setlist posted above is correct.

Show started at about 9:14 and ended at 11:00. Really a great show considering all that has been going on with Maynard lately, and the setlist was better, and longer, than I think most people expected. Maynard was fairly active, and made a few funny comments, such as:

FYI, I AM STILL SICK!
"This is the last song" was said after each of the last 3 songs.
"I really have to take to take a piss" was said about 5 times.
I'm about to piss everywhere so we're going to need another Noah's Arc.

The sound was good, not the best ever, but acceptable. The vocals and Adam were pretty clear, but I think Justin was turned DOWN considerably compared to the McFarlin show (odd, I know). Maybe Justin just wasn't as CRISP as I remember him being at McFarlin, though he was still INCREDIBLE to watch. Also, Maynard sang about 99.9 percent of the lyrics, so seems he's back on track with that.

To the bastard that basically took Justin's pick from me...well, consider yourself lucky to have it. I had my eye on that pick on the ground for 5 minutes and nobody knew it was there, I just couldn't reach over to get it without getting stomped on.

By the way, 10K Days and Wings were probably the most magical songs I've ever heard played at any concert.

Last edited by goosenesque; 09-14-2006 at 09:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Goddamn fucking amazing.

Highlights.

*All of wings and 10,000 days. perfect.
*the new projections for Rosetta Stoned!!
*The new version of schism with the fast breakdown!!
*FUCKING LAZERS, MAN!
*The hammer and chisel spiral of bodies hammering the third eye of the other! that was amazing.
*maynard's 'Gotta piss' on Aenema.
*The joints that kept getting passed to me. Thanks dude, whoever you are!
*The whole new light setup... everything is perfect. they use arenas as a fucking canvas.

This show was fucking amazing. great crowd. great performance. Maynard was trying his best and he did a fucking amazing job. he cracked his voice a couple times and had to stop through a verse on a couple songs, but he always came back quick. the music was so tight. my second favorite tool concert!!!! i cant wait for their second US tour! FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

I wish i didnt miss Isis though... that dissapointed me. but i quickly forgot about that when the blacklights came on for stinkfist to start.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #9

For the love of God, please tell me someone got some recordings or pictures of this show.

I just wanted to add that ISIS was pretty good too. I could do without the occasional screamo vocals, but overall they were good, and I hope more people check them out.

Another thing...Maynard did something that I have NEVER seen him do. He literally walked off his platform and went straight to the very front of the stage. He stood right next to Justin and sang for about 30 seconds at the front. I thought that was pretty nifty.

Last edited by goosenesque; 09-14-2006 at 09:34 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Just got back home from the show. Poured a glass of port and started typing this review.

There will be probably 300 posts about how great the show was, the set list, the frickin' laser beams...

What is hard to describe, though, is the energy of the show. From start to finish.

For one thing, the security there was great. Very friendly, easy-going, helpful, positive...much unlike the horror stories out of Houston. The crowd was also great. Very into the show without being belligerent or violent (a la Phoenix).

I don't know what show Phoenix and Houston were watching when Isis was onstage...but the negative reviews are COMPLETELY unfounded. They were really good...fun band to watch. KC fans should show up early and give them a chance.

After Stinkfist, Maynard mentioned that he was still sick, and then went right into The Pot. ATF jacket and all. Probably one of the toughest vocal songs for them to do. I don't know what it was about that song for them--whether it was the crowd response, or the fact that they did it so cleanly--but it was a complete turn-around from the past week of underwhelming performances. He shed the jacket shortly after and did the bulk of the show wearing nothing but jeans with a big belt buckle and a cowboy hat.

At one point during Rosetta Stoned, Justin motioned to Adam to look around the arena at the sea of lighters. As cliche as the lighter thing is, they seemed to enjoy it.

Before the encore, they sat on Maynard's platform and just looked around at the lighters that were out again. Talked back and forth a bit. Then Maynard said he had to piss so they were only going to play half a song. They did Lateralus, Vicarious, and Aenema as the encore. Incredible encore. Immediately on finishing Aenema (fuck these disfunctional, insecure urinals...have to piss...have to piss...have to piss...) Maynard took off, presumably to piss. But the rest of the band hung around for a long time, laughing, hugging... I saw Danny say to Adam and Justin, "That was fucking great". I think they appreciated the positive and respectful response from the crowd, and they needed it as well.

I've seen them play five times now. For whatever reason, this was the most energetic, most positive, and the most genuine fun they've ever seemed to have here. Anyone who's been in a band and played a series of below-par songs at a show, or a bad series of shows, can testify that it sucks the energy out of the live performance. But all it takes is one well-performed song to get the feeling back. I think for Tool, for this tour, The Pot was that song, and this was that show.

Leaving for ACL tomorrow morning. KC enjoy the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

FYI... Maynard was still sick... but he was there.

I drank so much at the concert that by the end of the show I had to piss so bad that instead of singing "Learn to swim" I could only say "Got to piss... Got to piss.. Got to piss..."
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Gotta Piss, Gotta Piss, Gotta Piss, Gotta Piss....

This was an amazing show to say the very least. Missed Isis, but that's okay. Section 117, row N. Everyone in the arena seemed to be having a good time, seems the band was feeding off the energy the crowd was exuding, which many in our section were fucking rabid.

Technically, they were tight as could be. The only criticism I would mention is the sound quality. During Stinkfist, the sound was a bit muddy, and Justin wasn't coming thru. THruout the show,everything was crisp and bright, but it seemed at times that there was no back end, and in some instances, sounded like they were on a transistor radio. For whatever reason, the sound was adjusted before The Pot, then after Wings, it seemed worse than it was before. But I digress...

All in all and never the less, I'm fucking hoarse now. Gonna be hating it at werk tomorrow, but fuckit, I got to see my favourite fucking band in the world.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #13
On Probation

Holy....MOTHER OF GOD.....PERFECT SHOW.

Absolutely flawless from the get-go. Not one single missed noted, or anything, Maynard hit EVERY single note in each song. Every single member of the band was on FIRE tonight. Nothing rushed, sharp, flat, out of time. Just perfect, insanely amazing visuals of course. The lasers were making weird shapes every occasionally. When the lasers would split up into a crapload of them, there were projections within the lasers!!!!!

Oh and BTW, I was in section 219, Row A, Seat 16-PERFECT view.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 259

Absolutely unbelievable performance. 10,000 Days was absolutely magical, I felt like I was hypnotized.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Awesome show!!! The highlight for Me, my daughter and her friend were when we were walking up from the construction area, free parking lot down the road before we crossed the street (across from the west entrance) we ran into Danny. He was walking alongside his bike with a security guard (I'm guessing) and my daughter recognizes him and says "Danny Carey! HI!!!" and he said "Hi, what's up". We were face to face with him. It was amazing. That's about the extent of it, but it absolutely made our day.

I thought Maynard did a TERRIFIC job on vocals. I know he said he was still sick but he sounded great to me. And I'm so glad they played as many songs as the did. I was really worried it would be short or the crowd would be doing more singing than Maynard. Not so. I'm just still in Awe.

Our seats were not nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be either (111, S). Once we got in there I knew they would be fine. I was a little worried that this guy up above and behind us that kept hanging over the rail and being really loud was going to be annoying through the whole show but (like they were during ISIS) but once Tool started I heard nothing more from him.

ISIS was great too. I'd never heard anything from them before tonight but I liked what I heard. The first song, I got a Pink Floyd kind of vibe from them, then Alice in Chains during the second song. But all in all, they had a very good sound. I definately will be checking out more from them. And I'm glad we got there in time to see them. We sat down about 5-10 minutes before they started.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great time and got home safely. I look forward to reading everyone's reviews. But for now, I gotta go to bed so I can get up at 5 a.m.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #16
Sct
Level 1 - Lurker

They sounded really great, as always. Adam, Danny and Justin were flawless. Maynard was incredibly good for how sick he was. He left a few "screams" out, but thats understandable. I was a bit upset to not hear Sober, but it wasnt my fav song so it was all good. I was really happy that this Dallas crowd didnt ruin anything by being complete fuktards.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

All my wife could say was that this concert was the most intense thing she has ever experienced. This was her first Tool gig and my 7th. I could only take that as a compliment....
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:21 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Did anybody else see Maynard

A. Come off his platform and walk around the stage. (rare)

and

B. Grab Justin's ass as he stroled around during Rosetta.

Anyone but me notice this?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

I saw that

I thought thr best moment was when Maynard said "I'm still sick, but I'm still here". He kinda did with a stance like he was standing his ground against all the people who were complaining that he was sorry.

Oh yeah, him flashing the "weak" symbol at the end of Lateralus???

He also made a comment that the tickets said to bring no cameras but to make sure and bring a raft in case of "Maynard's Flood"
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

I saw him walk around the stage. Reminded me of the Aenima tour where he was out front pretty much the whole time. Didn't notice him grabbing Justin's ass although my wife mentioned it after the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #21
On Probation

Pictures from section 219.

I remind you, these are shitty, shitty, shitty, camera phone pictures, that do not justify the actuallity of the beautifully breathtaking visuals.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...very/tool2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...very/tool3.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...very/tool1.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 PM   #22
On Probation

Did any one else catch Maynard quote the movie, "American Psycho"?

He said----"I've gotta go return some video tapes."

Ah yes.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 PM   #23

Good golly that was a good rock and roll concert. I think they had way too much compression on Danny and Justin. The sound could have been a lot better. But at this point, I don't really care. This made up for McFarlin something FIERCE. I had a smashing time at the show and enjoyed some spiffy personal moments.

I give it a 8.5/10 - 1.5 for the sound, SRSLY.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 PM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Maynard seemed very up tonight, I would never had known he had even been sick.

By the way, the ISIS set was pretty awesome. They are an act to see live. the ebtire show was great, at least until Aemina onslaught.

I'mnot sure if anyone noticed, but all the green lasers from the front and back of the stadium together seemed to form the shape of danny's 7-point star the first song they used them on (jambi??)

Don't believe that you won't enjoy the graphic show from the floor!!

The graphics for wings and rosetta were tight as shit.

During 10,000 Days, it looks like maynard is bing sucked down a vortex thats centered on him. Everyone had me prepared for a tamer than usual or even disappointing show, but I don't even know how this show could've been any better.

I couldn't mentally comprehend how awesome the add-ins on the old songs were---just rip and shred, and llights to match. It was like couldn't actually believe what you were hearing and seeing.

Sorry SA, I think they took a couple days off to make sure they were over-the-top for us.

I couldn't here Danny's runs at points [ : ( ] but I thought it was because I was too close to the speakers

It sounded like they were starting Right in Two at the beginning of Vicarious, i think we almost got an extra song.

OK WHAT SUUUUUUCKED---

Overpriced gear and lack of it

Justin played the bass with a Pilsner bottle after he downed it
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

What an amazing show...extended stinkfist, new intro to 46&2, extended super drum solo in the middle of Schism, Lost Keys & Wings...fucking A (best 25 minutes ever) 'I'm praying for urinals...gotta piss gotta piss gotta piss...funny stuff. "You may have noticed on your ticket that there are no cameras allowed...it also says you need to have an ark in case Maynard pisses himself" quote of the night: What's Up Texas?

BTW...I had a long ass drive down to Austin before figuring out SA was cancelled...Looking forward to the rescheduled date!!! Right in Two if we're lucky!
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaerveK View Post
It sounded like they were starting Right in Two at the beginning of Vicarious, i think we almost got an extra song.
I heard that too, then they changed it up...didn't see the obligatory 'nod' to change it up...and I didn't see the setlest. Worst thing about AAC is the band leaves underground...no chance to say 'hello'. Still can't believe how good that show was after what I heard about Houston...Now I feel bad for the poor bastards.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

$$35$$ for a f-in hat? Our friends bought some $10 knock-offs in the parking lot, but I paid the 50+ for the black tour shirt...just so I can sharpie in the real San Antonio date. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Amazing performance but was really wanting to hear Right in Two. They didn't play it last here either so i was looking forward to it after reading the set list from other venues. Oh well, maybe in San Antonio. Does anyone know when they might be there?
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

4th show. AWESOME.

The Good:
vocals were "DEAD ON"- No missed lyrics. Hit all high notes. Perfect RS screams
Band was "DEAD ON"-very tight, Adam didn't F/U anything. Justin was unconcious.
Security was cool
No moshers
Crowd was good
Maynard gave a brave and excellent show even though he was still sick
Watching Maynard do his signature moves
Maynards tear-drop Rayban Sunglasses
The "Sea" of lighters during RS, and the "break"

The not-so good:
Lots of the crowd left for drinks and restroom break during Wings (pt. 1&2)
Seemed like the crowd knew only the "hits" and didn't appreciate the experience as a whole
Because the stage was so big, I felt the band was a little distant with each other
Maynard was still sick :(
The sound was not nearly as loud as all other shows I have seen. Don't get me wrong, it WAS LOUD. Just not as loud as previous shows

Maynardisms:
"FYI-I'm still sick........but I'm fucking here"
"I gotta piss.......I ain't even joking"
"I gotta cut the show short cause I gotta piss. This will be our last song, and we are only going to play half of it" They continued to play 3 songs without interruption.

Coolest thing I saw at the show:
The (HOT) lipstick lesbians seated all over the place. Holding hands and rubbing and singing to each other.

The WIERDEST thing I saw at the show:
A fat dude wearing a Grateful Dead type of "Tye-Dye" tee shirt and WEARING A STAR WARS FULL FACIAL HELMET during the entire show. He was in the lower bowl on Justins side of the stage. Did anybody else see him?

Getting to see Wings (Pt 1 & 2) was as good as it gets. So tight, emotional, and absolutely PUMMELING.

Some cool BAND stuff:
Justin playing the bass with a water bottle. Made some really unusual sounds.
Maynard coming to the front of the stage and singing alongside Justin, then GRABBING JUSTINS ASS and both of 'em laughing as Maynard kept singing and strutted away.
During RS Maynard kept "trying" to set his water bottle down on an imaginary table. It would hit the floor, bounce, then he would pick it up and walk in circles dropping it again and again.........hilarious! He never missed a note the entire time.

All-in-all, I am extremely pleased with the show. It was alot different than the other shows I have seen.......I will certainly have to take a few days to fully digest it all.........

The guy sitting next to me took a ton of pics and video (we were sitting about 20-30 feet from the stage on Adams side. 3rd row up by the rail in the lower bowl! ). He was using a real camera (not a cell phone), so I anticipate they will come out great. He promised to e-mail them to me. I will post them as soon as I get 'em.

Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert

Last edited by 1toolfan; 09-14-2006 at 11:46 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #30
On Probation

Didn't Adam's main guitar tech (the pudgy guy with the gut and the kinda long hair) look like Blair? I don't know, it could have been.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

I thought the same thing. How did yall like Maynards "ride the bull" dance during Jambi. F(((king funny.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #32
Level 2 - Poster

There does seem to be much more to add, but I will say it was an awesome show. Due to the acoustics , it was pretty hard to hear any singing, or really any separation of the instruments at the beginning of Wings. Eventually, it started to clear up in my ears, and it couple with 10,000 Days was phenomenal. The new visuals really added to what I saw at the McFarlin show earlier in the year.

For what it's worth, here are the songs Isis played. My first time seeing them live but I have been listening to them for a while. They did well, and enough people around me seemed to enjoy them, albeit unsure of how to actually react.

1) So Did We - Off of Panopticon
2) Dulcinea - From the new album, In The Absence of Truth
3) 1000 Shards - Off the new album
4) Holy Tears - Again, off the new album

Hope this helps anyone interested in checking them out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Wow, third Tool show and it was definitely the charm...... I'll leave it at that, and oh .......I have to piss.........
Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

oh wow... i think thats all i can really say at this point. I was in the 102's, row m right in the middle. It was closer than my seats that the small venue tour in kansas. And damn it rocked. Hadnt been following along with this tour cause ive had too much to do, so didnt know mjk had been sick, and damn he sure didnt act like it.

i cant really sum it all up now, im still blown away. Just got back from an after the show party at my favorite hookah bar :D

these suck cause there camera phone but heres the pics and video i recorded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...f_lighters.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...light_tree.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ure_floors.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt=SVA0021.flv

But getting to hear wings and 10x days was efin amazing. 10,000 days is my favourite tool song these days, the lyrics get me everytime. My cousin went with us, who is a redneck, and this was his first tool, hell first rock concert, and at first he was reserved, but by schism he was throwin up the rock fist with all of us and headbanging away :D

*EDIT: Sorry accidentally hit enter before i even got to put up the links or finish my post :P *
“Youre the only one who can hold your head up high shake your fist at the gates saying: I have come home now, fetch me the spirit the son and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended, its time now, my time now, give me my wings…"

Last edited by StonedDevil; 09-15-2006 at 12:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Great that we got wings of Marie and 10,000 days...As a fan who has seen Tool a lot of times....I was a bit dissapointed b/c I had already heard every other song live besides Wings/10,000 Days...

Dont get me wrong they still rock and I still enjoy them but just not as much as when you see a band and have no idea whats comming next.

In the end, I dont complain that much b/c I know that they're so old and still rocking out.

Highlights were the Talk box solo on Jambi all the way to the end of the song..

Rossetta Stoned fucking woooped fucking ass the whole way through.

The Pot is always a badass live song to hear.

There was a lot of energy in "Forty Six & Two"...I've seen this song live twice before but this one was much better for some reason...Guess they perfected that shit,

Lateralus was the track that brought the fucking house down....It always seems to do that...thats a song I'll never get tired of hearing live.

Vicarious was fucking great as usual.....ESPECIALLY the fucking ending...It blows your mind live!

BUT, the fucking best song of the night HAD to go to Wings for Maire/10,000 Days...It's called 10,000 Days,...and that fucking song is 10,000 TIMES better live... Like someone mentioned before there is a spotlight JUST shining on him, hes got his Keyboard and his voice...And he pulled it off so fucking great...That song should only fucking be heard LIVE...The album version doesnt do the live version justice. I almost want to put it infront of when I heard "Undertoe" or Eulogy" live...but those are classics to me so it is hard to decide which is the best Tool songs I've ever heard live....But. thats just how god damn good this song is live... I mean the part where he goes "Judith Marie !!! UNCONDITIONAL OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEE" made me fucking have an orgasm...

The lights/lazers were fucking trippy/Went along with the music/And were just plain badass.

Normal Maynard Humour...

"F.Y.I. - I'm still sick."

At the end he mentioned he had to piss and after sitting down with the band in the front came back and said "Ok Im gonna do half of a song" ....But was obviously joking and came back with the full encore. lol, and like between every encore song he kept persitting he had to piss....I know that wasnt true. After seeing him live so many times and knowing his dark-sarcastic humour you get to see that almost 80% of what he says live is just him fucking around...That's why I love the guy... He's a funny fuck.

Overall, I was in the pit....which was seated....(I know it was weird to me too)...I've never been to see a band in the pit to walk in and see seats there...But me and my friend were actually in the back of the pit (But before the show we figured itd be a normal pit so we could push our way to the front) But then we just said fuck it and went to some seats a fucking LOT closer and nobody came to those seats..haha...And we'd just keep moving to every couple of empty seats closer up...SO it kinda worked out...hahaha.....

And yes, I was one of the people who fucking rushed the front of the stage during the beginning of Aenima (I imagine everyone already knew this was there last song b/c Maynard said "GoodNight" and I know when he says that its over) but I barely got past the fucking security gaurd and I was like five feet from the stage...It was the closest I've ever been to them....I mean we were close in our PIT seats before, But here I was so close It was like seeing a band in a garage...well a big gartage...It was fucking awesome...

The energy was amazing, wings for Marie/10,000 Days was some of the best music I've EVER heard live...Dont know if I'll ever see that performed ever again..One can only hope, right? Overall the show was fucking badass...I mean, it's fucking tool...My only complaint is fuck...honestly change some songs on the setlist here and there...

I mean older shit, like instead of Forty Six & Two or Aenima play Jimmy/pushit/or H. for fucks sake...Or instead of Stinkfist play something off of Undertow...Or fuck...play a rarity like Intension off of 10,000 Days ATLEAST if you're not going to switch anything else...My overall point is...The show has a much more magical feel to it and lasts longer in memory if there is something special to it...The only thing we got special was "Wings/10,000 Days" ...Everything else might be fucking magical/amazing for a person seeing Tool for the first time...But not us old school fans who are used to the random setlists and the fans who love your whole catalog of music...Not just the recent shit and the hits...That's just my two cents on it...Speaking as a musician....

I didnt want to complain I was actually just trying to give constructive criticism...

I still love tool, and I still loved the fucking Tool show...It was fucking great....I still go see Tool despite whatever they play b/c it's fucking Tool...And I owe that much to them for giving me some of the greatest music ever played.

Great night.

Cheers

Last edited by twinheads; 09-15-2006 at 02:28 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 01:44 AM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toolfan View Post
The WIERDEST thing I saw at the show:
A fat dude wearing a Grateful Dead type of "Tye-Dye" tee shirt and WEARING A STAR WARS FULL FACIAL HELMET during the entire show. He was in the lower bowl on Justins side of the stage. Did anybody else see him?
Goddamn that was real? I thought it was the mushrooms, haha

The show was 100 times better than I expected, I really don't know how it could have been better.
I got a bunch of pictures with my phone and with a shitty digital camera but I don't know how they turned out yet.
PLEASE tell me someone got a good audio recording. Make a torrent and I'll seed it for a good long time...
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 03:35 AM   #37
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

SHOW WAS AMAZING

first tool concert and loved every minute of it, hopefully i can do it again
Old 09-15-2006, 03:45 AM   #38

Bincount™: 7

My biggest complaint about the show had nothing to do with the band and everything to do with the AAC. Whoever had the idea to put seats on the floor (where the pit usually is) should be fired. Not that I missed the pit- because I thought it would be cool, but anyone who was more than one or two sections back couldn't see shit. It's a flat floor and the stage was low. PLUS I had the worlds tallest dude in front of me. He had to be like 6'5''. I had a half assed view before he showed up- then I couldn't see much of anything unless I stood ON the chair, which security was NOT cool with. I don't blame them, but I have to say that sucked and I'll never get floor tickets again. I thought Maynard sounded great for being sick, other than that, pretty much the same as everyone else- sound was pretty good but not perfect, setlist was good, I dunno though, I think I liked the show in Ft. Worth better. It was a good show because it was a tool show, but not my favorite tool show to date.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

wow. good show. havent seen so much energy in a crowd before. theres moments of almost sublime like nirvana (10K days, Lateralus, LOST KEYS to Rosetta Stoned.

Danny is probably one of the best drummers ive had the pleasure of watchin.

some treble issues towards the end, really loud just sounded really shrill.

also kind of bummer nothing from opiate/undertow was played.

$20 to park my car in a space for 3 hours kind of blows.

oh well....fuckin amazing, even when mjk is sick.

here to the next time...
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

OMG what an awsome show. I was really worried that Maynard was going to be too sick to pull it off, but he came through. Maynard started out a little weak but finished strong. Wings rocked live!!

Things I noticed:

Maynard said "I'm still sick, so suck my dick. Hey, that rhymed".

Justin missed some notes on Schism.

Maynard grabbed Justins ass on Rosetta Stoned when he started walking around the stage.

After the short intermission Maynard said "Lets make this quick, I really need to piss". "No I'm being serious".

Before Lateralus Maynard said "Ok, we are going to play a half song and then I got to go. Literally. I got to piss." And some people started booing.

After Lateralus Maynard said "Goodnight." and it looked like Adam was confused. He stood there for a minute looking at Maynard and when he figured out he was joking he got ready for the next song.

Maynard said "I have to piss so bad that if I go right now it would be like Noah's Ark." He said something about cameras, tickets, and taking pictures of the boat but I don't remember exactly what he said.

Maynard Changed the lyrics on Anemia. He said "Got to piss, got to piss. F**k these dysfunctional, I need a urinal. Got to piss. Got to piss. Got to piss".

After the show when the band stayed for the traditional wave to the crowd and throw danny's drum heads Maynard ran off the stage as soon as the last song was over.

If I remember anything else I'll post some more. Thanks Tool!

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the American Pshyco quote when he said he had to go because he needs to return some video tapes.

Last edited by ratm1221; 09-15-2006 at 05:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: