opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Vicarious
User Name
Password
Old 08-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
The Vicarious Twilight Zone TooL

If you've read BMB's latest newsletter you are probably aware that the new album is imminent. lul. In light of this breaking news, I think it would be a good time to express any lingering ideas about this video before the flood of new material hits us.

With that in mind, submitted for your approval, a video I made that may shed some crimson/indigo-tinged light on the nature of Vicarious. I've been sitting on this idea for a while but I finally sat down today(last night?) to put the pieces together out of pure necessity, almost as-if to exorcise it. Now I can move-on.

While working on it, I have found many "coincidences" that have led to some personal conclusions about the meaning of the Vicarious video but it was so fun finding them and figuring it all out that I don't want to rush-in and spoil it for the rest of you. Instead, let's discuss.

In the end, even if you aren't convinced that this was intentional on the bands part, I feel that this intermedia video adds value to two of my favorite works of art and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Burgess Meredith! 'nuff said.

As a final disclaimer, I didn't "doctor" the source files during editing(yes they were low quality to begin with, sorry) they are simply overlapped and I took some small liberties in cutting to and from along with fading-in and out to accentuate certain particularities of the synchronization.

Happy Hunting, bring your headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHx...ature=youtu.be
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: The Vicarious Twilight Zone TooL

coincidences, not intended, let's move on.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Yeah, I can't wait for PHARAWA to be released.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Yeah, I can't wait for PHARAWA to be released.
I hope the guys over at tooltabs.net update their "Seventh Side" section with the new album title. Hopefully we'll get a full track list within the next dozen newsletters or so.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 09-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
coincidences
"When coincidences pile up in this way, one cannot help being impressed by them – for the greater the number of terms in such a series, or the more unusual its character, the more improbable it becomes." -Jung
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Your doing it WRONG!!!

Think of the videos like the instructions you get with ikea furniture

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: