Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Summer 2010
User Name
Password
PsychadelicExperience
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post
Sloppy... good, but sloppy.

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
Obviously this guy wasn't there...The visuals on third eye were sick. My third eye was definitely opened for this show. The sound quality was so much better compared to Cedar Park. This is my 3rd Tool show and i was completely blown away, even after seeing the Cedar Park show the night before. I had seats in section 120 and the energy with the people around me there was unbelieveable. (Besides the two girls that were rubbing all over themselves in a corner because they were rolling so hard loll) I love that Danny Carey rocked a fucking Kevin Durant OKC jersey.

I believe Maynards vocals and energy on Intolerance was amazing. I love when he hit the "I am not innocent, You are not innocent, No one is innocent!! Still gives me chills when i think about that certain part. Danny Carey's godly drum talents went off as usual. i thought the visuals and lasers on Vicarious were sick. Adam and Justin definitely did their thing as usual. I would have to rate this as the best Tool show i have seen, Solely based on the fact of how much energy i felt in the Ford Center. I remember running into my buddy after the show outside the Ford Center, (Who saw them in NO, Austin, and OKC) And still had that look of astonishment on his face as i did too, and as we were walking he commented that the way we both looked is exactly how you should leave a tool show....leave in Astonishment for what you have just seen. All in all the show went off in my opinion, it was a privilege to be able to hear Intolerance, EonBlue into the Patient, and Thirdd eye. Great shittt
Old 06-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post
Sloppy... good, but sloppy.

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
Obviously this guy wasn't there...The visuals on third eye were sick. My third eye was definitely opened for this show. The sound quality was so much better compared to Cedar Park. This is my 3rd Tool show and i was completely blown away, even after seeing the Cedar Park show the night before. I had seats in section 120 and the energy with the people around me there was unbelieveable. (Besides the two girls that were rubbing all over themselves in a corner because they were rolling so hard loll) I love that Danny Carey rocked a fucking Kevin Durant OKC jersey.

I believe Maynards vocals and energy on Intolerance was amazing. I love when he hit the "I am not innocent, You are not innocent, No one is innocent!! Still gives me chills when i think about that certain part. Danny Carey's godly drum talents went off as usual. i thought the visuals and lasers on Vicarious were sick. Adam and Justin definitely did their thing as usual. I would have to rate this as the best Tool show i have seen, Solely based on the fact of how much energy i felt in the Ford Center. I remember running into my buddy after the show outside the Ford Center, (Who saw them in NO, Austin, and OKC) And still had that look of astonishment on his face as i did too, and as we were walking he commented that the way we both looked is exactly how you should leave a tool show....leave in Astonishment for what you have just seen. All in all the show went off in my opinion, it was a privilege to be able to hear Intolerance, EonBlue into the Patient, and Thirdd eye. Great shittt
OFFLINE |  
trebor777
06-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstinkfist View Post
I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
I think you misunderstood my last couple of sentences:

"Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album"

Anyhow, my point is, I'd like to get a new album rather then another tour - and I think most Tool fans are with me.

But I'm happy they're at least touring. Something is better then nothing.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstinkfist View Post
I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
I think you misunderstood my last couple of sentences:

"Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album"

Anyhow, my point is, I'd like to get a new album rather then another tour - and I think most Tool fans are with me.

But I'm happy they're at least touring. Something is better then nothing.
OFFLINE |  
PsychadelicExperience
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Just be patient with the new album, they are brewing something up, They have ideas constantly running through their minds.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Just be patient with the new album, they are brewing something up, They have ideas constantly running through their minds.
OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
06-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike462 View Post
Thanks man! It looks like u were somewhere right around where i was judging by the angle of ur pics where were ur seats?
Directly in front of the sound guys little booth towards the middle. So the very back of the floor, still pretty damn good seats for buying them 20 minutes before show time. My first show on the floor, the sound hits you much more directly.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike462 View Post
Thanks man! It looks like u were somewhere right around where i was judging by the angle of ur pics where were ur seats?
Directly in front of the sound guys little booth towards the middle. So the very back of the floor, still pretty damn good seats for buying them 20 minutes before show time. My first show on the floor, the sound hits you much more directly.
OFFLINE |  
PsychadelicExperience
06-27-2010, 01:37 PM

i'd like to say again that third eye was truly done amazing. Well donee!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
06-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychadelicExperience View Post
Yup, my favorite song of the night!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #46
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychadelicExperience View Post
OFFLINE |  
PsychadelicExperience
06-27-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post
No doubt about that one brotha, That song is pure genius, and they fucking killed it that night.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post
No doubt about that one brotha, That song is pure genius, and they fucking killed it that night.
OFFLINE |  
Succubus
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM

By far my favorite band, and the 3rd time I've seen them, though I've been a die hard fan since '93. They still put on one hell of a show, and now that I've seen Intolerance and 3rd Eye live, I can die a happy girl. That being said....why the hell are they recycling the exact same set list at every show?? I've never known them to do this, and the addition of "The Patient", while awesome, has me seriously freaked out. Am I the only one who feels like they're just sort of cashing in before calling it quits?

The venue was great, I loved that it was done "half court" but found it odd that there were still so many open seats. I live in CO, and have seen them both times previously there where they sell out in MINUTES. This was very weird for me, but I'm not complaining! There really wasn't a bad seat in the house! As others have said, Maynard did get drowned out a bit, but overall, when it mattered, he delivered.

I did get a few laughs at the expense of the Wovenhand lead singer. I gotta say, though, they were a VAST improvement over the last opening band I saw with them, Melt Banana. OMFG, that was the longest hour of my entire life!

Once again, impressed as hell, and really, really hoping that this isn't some "farewell" concoction and the album we keep hearing about really is forthcoming.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #48
Level 3 - Talker

By far my favorite band, and the 3rd time I've seen them, though I've been a die hard fan since '93. They still put on one hell of a show, and now that I've seen Intolerance and 3rd Eye live, I can die a happy girl. That being said....why the hell are they recycling the exact same set list at every show?? I've never known them to do this, and the addition of "The Patient", while awesome, has me seriously freaked out. Am I the only one who feels like they're just sort of cashing in before calling it quits?

The venue was great, I loved that it was done "half court" but found it odd that there were still so many open seats. I live in CO, and have seen them both times previously there where they sell out in MINUTES. This was very weird for me, but I'm not complaining! There really wasn't a bad seat in the house! As others have said, Maynard did get drowned out a bit, but overall, when it mattered, he delivered.

I did get a few laughs at the expense of the Wovenhand lead singer. I gotta say, though, they were a VAST improvement over the last opening band I saw with them, Melt Banana. OMFG, that was the longest hour of my entire life!

Once again, impressed as hell, and really, really hoping that this isn't some "farewell" concoction and the album we keep hearing about really is forthcoming.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply