Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-23-2010 at 07:44 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

Reviews only, please.

SETLIST --

Third Eye
Jambi
(-)Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
46 & 2
Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 06-23-2010 at 07:44 PM..
OFFLINE |  
daveokc
06-23-2010, 09:14 PM

well oldschool, it was just awesome. 2nd time to see TOOL. seats were better than expected due to the stage being closer than any other show i've seen in the ford center. the usual first section of seats were where the stage started so it was a pleasant surprise. wovenhand was a band i wasn't too crazy about after looking them up on youtube, but i actually enjoyed their set. couldn't understand a damn word the guy was saying but they had a nice groove to them. the space between their set and TOOL'S was a bit longer than what i had read from previous shows. about 35 minutes. show starts and the idiot in front of me with his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening decided they wanted to fight over a beer and it all spilt in his lap, then he proceeded to take a can of dr pepper and pour it down her shirt. my 11 year old son was kinda like "wtf" so to speak about what was going on since he doesn't encounter red neck idiocy like he was witnessing. then the show started, they kept arguing, he raised his fist as to threaten her. the guy next to my son told me to move my kid over if something escalated because he was planning on kicking the shit out of the guy...which i would have possibly joined in on...sad to pay the good money for tix and have to deal with morons. anyway...show was great, setlist was indeed what was listed above. lights and sound were badass, though alot of lyrics i found were drowned out by the music. not a big deal to one who knows all the words. new video in the background was good compared to my first show in 02. lasers were nice and held the attention of the drunk idiot in front of me. kept him from beating his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening. sound was so loud the hairs on my arm were vibrating. towards the middle ol' justin had some issues with either his bass itself or his pedals, was actually picking up the peddle set up and kinda throwing it around a bit, during that time it seemed that adam was picking up his parts and playing to allow the show to go on. my son's 3rd concert, says by far it was the best. still feeling the effects....no beer or smoke in me...just overwhelming and the usual assault on the senses. damn good...just wish it could be a couple of songs longer, but 2 hours is plenty adequate. hope that helps....
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

well oldschool, it was just awesome. 2nd time to see TOOL. seats were better than expected due to the stage being closer than any other show i've seen in the ford center. the usual first section of seats were where the stage started so it was a pleasant surprise. wovenhand was a band i wasn't too crazy about after looking them up on youtube, but i actually enjoyed their set. couldn't understand a damn word the guy was saying but they had a nice groove to them. the space between their set and TOOL'S was a bit longer than what i had read from previous shows. about 35 minutes. show starts and the idiot in front of me with his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening decided they wanted to fight over a beer and it all spilt in his lap, then he proceeded to take a can of dr pepper and pour it down her shirt. my 11 year old son was kinda like "wtf" so to speak about what was going on since he doesn't encounter red neck idiocy like he was witnessing. then the show started, they kept arguing, he raised his fist as to threaten her. the guy next to my son told me to move my kid over if something escalated because he was planning on kicking the shit out of the guy...which i would have possibly joined in on...sad to pay the good money for tix and have to deal with morons. anyway...show was great, setlist was indeed what was listed above. lights and sound were badass, though alot of lyrics i found were drowned out by the music. not a big deal to one who knows all the words. new video in the background was good compared to my first show in 02. lasers were nice and held the attention of the drunk idiot in front of me. kept him from beating his girlfriend/wife/floozie for the evening. sound was so loud the hairs on my arm were vibrating. towards the middle ol' justin had some issues with either his bass itself or his pedals, was actually picking up the peddle set up and kinda throwing it around a bit, during that time it seemed that adam was picking up his parts and playing to allow the show to go on. my son's 3rd concert, says by far it was the best. still feeling the effects....no beer or smoke in me...just overwhelming and the usual assault on the senses. damn good...just wish it could be a couple of songs longer, but 2 hours is plenty adequate. hope that helps....
OFFLINE |  
oldschool50
06-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Thanks dave. The show was awesome here in houston and I made the Austin show as well. Brutal drive home and 2hr sleep. Was worth it all. Glad we had the early venues as Nardo's voice was great. Awesome you enjoyed it... despite the drunk idiots.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Thanks dave. The show was awesome here in houston and I made the Austin show as well. Brutal drive home and 2hr sleep. Was worth it all. Glad we had the early venues as Nardo's voice was great. Awesome you enjoyed it... despite the drunk idiots.
OFFLINE |  
Sharkmanda
06-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Anyone who appreciates what Tool does knows that the live show is all about the experience. This was my second Tool concert and it was certainly the best show I've ever seen. The band was totally on except for the bass malfunction. It did appear the pedals were messed up. Heard the same thing happened the night before. The sound, lasers and lighting were perfect and the music was sick as usual. I thought the crowd was in it from the beginning but really went ape shit during forty-six and 2. From then on it was mayhem. Don't smoke weed but had plenty of THC in my system when I left. Absolutely kick ass show especially because it was unexpected. Now get your asses back to recording and grace us with more brilliance.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Anyone who appreciates what Tool does knows that the live show is all about the experience. This was my second Tool concert and it was certainly the best show I've ever seen. The band was totally on except for the bass malfunction. It did appear the pedals were messed up. Heard the same thing happened the night before. The sound, lasers and lighting were perfect and the music was sick as usual. I thought the crowd was in it from the beginning but really went ape shit during forty-six and 2. From then on it was mayhem. Don't smoke weed but had plenty of THC in my system when I left. Absolutely kick ass show especially because it was unexpected. Now get your asses back to recording and grace us with more brilliance.
OFFLINE |  
oldschool50
06-23-2010, 09:34 PM

"Now get your asses back to recording and grace us with more brilliance." Amen brother.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

"Now get your asses back to recording and grace us with more brilliance." Amen brother.
OFFLINE |  
tonyROKC
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM

This was my 3rd Tool concert and by far the best! The sound mix was absolutely perfect which is very hard to do in the Ford Center but they managed. The set list was the real deal ... sort of a "best of" if you will. Love sittin' up top with no one else around, just kick back, relax, enjoy the show. They're artists, and tonight was a work of art. Well done guys, well done.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 3rd Tool concert and by far the best! The sound mix was absolutely perfect which is very hard to do in the Ford Center but they managed. The set list was the real deal ... sort of a "best of" if you will. Love sittin' up top with no one else around, just kick back, relax, enjoy the show. They're artists, and tonight was a work of art. Well done guys, well done.
OFFLINE |  
daveokc
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool50 View Post

yeah...it was good. i forgot to mention the cell phone patrol. probably visited my row about a dozen times....

my section was 120, back of floor and just right of center, about 15 rows up off the floor. last time i was about the same height but just even with the screens, couldn't see video but had an awesome view looking right down the length of the stage. my son will read this as i turned him on to reading reviews, kinda getting ramped up to the show. he's learning guitar and has been able to learn the patient thru guitar tabs in about 15 min just the other day. hopefully this will inspire him to be more diligent in learning more. his first show was dream theater in dallas, 2nd was rush in okc, and now tool. he's off to a good start.....
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool50 View Post

yeah...it was good. i forgot to mention the cell phone patrol. probably visited my row about a dozen times....

my section was 120, back of floor and just right of center, about 15 rows up off the floor. last time i was about the same height but just even with the screens, couldn't see video but had an awesome view looking right down the length of the stage. my son will read this as i turned him on to reading reviews, kinda getting ramped up to the show. he's learning guitar and has been able to learn the patient thru guitar tabs in about 15 min just the other day. hopefully this will inspire him to be more diligent in learning more. his first show was dream theater in dallas, 2nd was rush in okc, and now tool. he's off to a good start.....
OFFLINE |  
oldschool50
06-23-2010, 09:53 PM

I swear that they were pushing so much air/volume my pants were blowing. Epic. True artists at their best. Dave, check out SCoverstreet on youtube. He kills it on Adam's stuff and he does post up tabs. Your son will like it.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I swear that they were pushing so much air/volume my pants were blowing. Epic. True artists at their best. Dave, check out SCoverstreet on youtube. He kills it on Adam's stuff and he does post up tabs. Your son will like it.
OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM

Great show! Third fucking Eye! I got to see my favorite band do my favorite song of all time!

I will post a review a little later in the review thread once everything soaks in a bit more. I drove quite a ways and am a little too fried to try now.

I did manage to record the entire show (audio) hehe. Listening to it now the quality is kindof meh. They were so loud it was a bit much for my tiny mic. I'm going to do some EQ'ing and hopefully I can get it sounding decent and I'll post a link on here so you guys can hear.

Edit: I meant to post this in the discussion thread. Some one delete this plz.

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-23-2010 at 11:12 PM..
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Great show! Third fucking Eye! I got to see my favorite band do my favorite song of all time!

I will post a review a little later in the review thread once everything soaks in a bit more. I drove quite a ways and am a little too fried to try now.

I did manage to record the entire show (audio) hehe. Listening to it now the quality is kindof meh. They were so loud it was a bit much for my tiny mic. I'm going to do some EQ'ing and hopefully I can get it sounding decent and I'll post a link on here so you guys can hear.

Edit: I meant to post this in the discussion thread. Some one delete this plz.

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-23-2010 at 11:12 PM..
OFFLINE |  
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
06-23-2010, 11:14 PM

This was my 8th TOOL show. i must start off by saying they have continued to progress the live experience,screens etc. Junior is owed some credit on that one. These new screens i believe are l.e.d. and they are way more clear pictures and better at processing motion,new visuals are fucking epic! they really didnt use the full stage setup and all the screens until they played vicarious. It was the same as the vicarious dvd,but i love those scenes. I really like the visuals during intermission and one of a girl with an eye in her forehead.

Im glad they did a half court venue,i thought i was gonna be at the back of the arena and i got to my seat and was blown away i was practically side stage. YES! i was surprised a half arena didnt sell out. i had two empty seats next to me. nice! i wish it would have been general admission. i had a lot of energy and just wanted to move and jump around. Hard to do with seats in front of you.

when me and my girl got to the Ford Center there was a huge ass line so we walked down to another entrance and i was the first one in line,first one inside and first one to the merch table.
Got the limited lithograph and a shirt with eyes all over it.....total 65 bucks. almost 10 bucks for a water and a potato............

Really enjoyed this show but the section i was in people were like statues,i had the most energy of the people around me. I really dug the new additions like extended versions and bringing back the patient and intolerance,,,,,,,

when they ended the show Justin kicked a soccer ball into the crowd.
Maynard did his high fives and took pics of the band with his phone.
Danny played the whole show in an OKC Thunder Jersey.

Epic show for the 8th time ive seen TOOL.

Maynardisms: just before Aenima "Now would be a good time to put your clothes back on"

"i have a time machine" "for the next couple of hours what goes on outside of here doesnt matter"

Basically all the same comments that were made at the prevoius shows,i know im leaving a couple out.
Overall I LOVED IT!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

This was my 8th TOOL show. i must start off by saying they have continued to progress the live experience,screens etc. Junior is owed some credit on that one. These new screens i believe are l.e.d. and they are way more clear pictures and better at processing motion,new visuals are fucking epic! they really didnt use the full stage setup and all the screens until they played vicarious. It was the same as the vicarious dvd,but i love those scenes. I really like the visuals during intermission and one of a girl with an eye in her forehead.

Im glad they did a half court venue,i thought i was gonna be at the back of the arena and i got to my seat and was blown away i was practically side stage. YES! i was surprised a half arena didnt sell out. i had two empty seats next to me. nice! i wish it would have been general admission. i had a lot of energy and just wanted to move and jump around. Hard to do with seats in front of you.

when me and my girl got to the Ford Center there was a huge ass line so we walked down to another entrance and i was the first one in line,first one inside and first one to the merch table.
Got the limited lithograph and a shirt with eyes all over it.....total 65 bucks. almost 10 bucks for a water and a potato............

Really enjoyed this show but the section i was in people were like statues,i had the most energy of the people around me. I really dug the new additions like extended versions and bringing back the patient and intolerance,,,,,,,

when they ended the show Justin kicked a soccer ball into the crowd.
Maynard did his high fives and took pics of the band with his phone.
Danny played the whole show in an OKC Thunder Jersey.

Epic show for the 8th time ive seen TOOL.

Maynardisms: just before Aenima "Now would be a good time to put your clothes back on"

"i have a time machine" "for the next couple of hours what goes on outside of here doesnt matter"

Basically all the same comments that were made at the prevoius shows,i know im leaving a couple out.
Overall I LOVED IT!
OFFLINE |  
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
06-23-2010, 11:18 PM

hey K7 so what section did you end up in?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

OFFLINE |  
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
I was right in front of the sound guy's little booth. So I guess the very back row of the floor. I literally walked into the box office and bought a floor ticket, so that was pretty cool. Had a great view of all the visuals, Maynard and Danny. Adam and and Justin were kinda hard to see. I was happy with my seat though!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
I was right in front of the sound guy's little booth. So I guess the very back row of the floor. I literally walked into the box office and bought a floor ticket, so that was pretty cool. Had a great view of all the visuals, Maynard and Danny. Adam and and Justin were kinda hard to see. I was happy with my seat though!
OFFLINE |  
Laddermalice
06-23-2010, 11:39 PM

Ok, I was in 115 E which ended up being literally stage-side standing a couple feet above stage level, about 35 feet from Danny Carey, which was super sweet. I wonder if I shouldn't have sold off my 104 A seats (I'm glad the buyer got good seats though), but I didn't know they moved the front of the stage to HALF-COURT! The entire seating area was actually very close to the stage and frankly seemed more intimate than Nokia did! View wise, 1st level end court would have actually been great. The sound was better than Nokia last year overall from where I was sitting, mainly because the bass wasn't drowning everything else out and making my teeth rattle. Not sure how it sounded in the back or on the floor up front, but ceiling echo was definitely an issue, especially in my left/house ear so I kept a plug in that much of the time as each song required. The mains were right over us which helped a ton, I think. I'm curious how the mix sounded to those in back and in front of the stage, did the echo muddy things up badly? Could you hear Maynard well?

Adam and Justin killed and had no tech issues [I'm reading that Justin did, honestly didn't notice, though he was blocked from view below the chest by some monitors. Danny, well he's Danny and I was thrilled to get to watch him from so close. Surprisingly, Justin didn't drink his beers (Stella?) until Lateralus, while Maynard was hittin' the wine bottle. Maynard was definitely too low in the mix again (like at Nokia, maybe worse :-\ ) to hear clearly much of the time, you had to know the lyrics for the most part to know what was going on, but he sounded good and on pitch when he got up in the mic and/or the band was mellow enough to tell. Most of all he screamed when he was supposed to, and that was great and something I've missed so much. Still miss that little falsetto flourish in Stinkfist "when I really don't feel anything at all," it would have been nice. Always funny to hear the audience miss the extended breakdown and sing "I'll keep digging." My best Toolin' buddy couldn't make it up due to a work emergency, so the I took a coworker who was a newb and he didn't really get it. But I ended up next to a real fan, albeit a tad drunk and singing a bit louder than Nardo on occasion, but he made it more fun for me.

Security was much less aggressive and distracting than expected where we sat (THANK YOU!), got plenty of cell pics being discreet, and seating was less cramped than I'd heard. Very comfy experience. Thanks Junior for the once again new and improved visual show, it's always a treat.

Now for the two things I'll remember for a long-ass time. 1st, I think after The Patient, I was nodding kind of slow and big in appreciation with a big toothy grin on my face and I swear Maynard stared straight at me (remember I was really close) and started nodding exactly the same way and cracked a smile, and I think because I didn't realize and react in time he made this "over your head" swipe motion with his hand over his head and then went back to what he was doing. Guess I should have pointed at him or laughed obviously or something, lol. The 2nd thing was that Justin's pick glanced off my pinky as I stretched for it :( ... FUCK.

All in all it was the best show I've seen of 3 due to view/proximity, instrument sound, maynards mood/energy (these days), visuals, SET LIST!, venue comfort, and frankly I found insanely quick, cheap, and close parking, heh. A security guy let me store my poster and shirts in an electrical closet so I wouldn't have to worry about them getting crushed or soaked with beer, very nice of him. So it helped that I could relax and enjoy the show. As keeps happening, though, Maynard was fairly drowned out and that is really getting annoying. Whether it's his call or the sound guy's, they've gotta realize that he adds so much melody and feeling to the music and hearing him clearly is damned important to that. Hopefully next time around...

Generally though, awesome show. If the sound wasn't so echoy and painfully loud/piercing at Fair Park Coliseum in '98, that would have been tops on my list due to the set list and vocal power/control and stage schtick. I wish I really could time travel with some ticket money. But this one is #1 for me overall out of 3 and I wish my friend could have been there :-( I know he does.

Oh, what's up with not having a venue specific T-shirt?! That pissed me off. Sweet poster, though!

Damn I'm sleepy.

Last edited by Laddermalice; 06-23-2010 at 11:42 PM..
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Ok, I was in 115 E which ended up being literally stage-side standing a couple feet above stage level, about 35 feet from Danny Carey, which was super sweet. I wonder if I shouldn't have sold off my 104 A seats (I'm glad the buyer got good seats though), but I didn't know they moved the front of the stage to HALF-COURT! The entire seating area was actually very close to the stage and frankly seemed more intimate than Nokia did! View wise, 1st level end court would have actually been great. The sound was better than Nokia last year overall from where I was sitting, mainly because the bass wasn't drowning everything else out and making my teeth rattle. Not sure how it sounded in the back or on the floor up front, but ceiling echo was definitely an issue, especially in my left/house ear so I kept a plug in that much of the time as each song required. The mains were right over us which helped a ton, I think. I'm curious how the mix sounded to those in back and in front of the stage, did the echo muddy things up badly? Could you hear Maynard well?

Adam and Justin killed and had no tech issues [I'm reading that Justin did, honestly didn't notice, though he was blocked from view below the chest by some monitors. Danny, well he's Danny and I was thrilled to get to watch him from so close. Surprisingly, Justin didn't drink his beers (Stella?) until Lateralus, while Maynard was hittin' the wine bottle. Maynard was definitely too low in the mix again (like at Nokia, maybe worse :-\ ) to hear clearly much of the time, you had to know the lyrics for the most part to know what was going on, but he sounded good and on pitch when he got up in the mic and/or the band was mellow enough to tell. Most of all he screamed when he was supposed to, and that was great and something I've missed so much. Still miss that little falsetto flourish in Stinkfist "when I really don't feel anything at all," it would have been nice. Always funny to hear the audience miss the extended breakdown and sing "I'll keep digging." My best Toolin' buddy couldn't make it up due to a work emergency, so the I took a coworker who was a newb and he didn't really get it. But I ended up next to a real fan, albeit a tad drunk and singing a bit louder than Nardo on occasion, but he made it more fun for me.

Security was much less aggressive and distracting than expected where we sat (THANK YOU!), got plenty of cell pics being discreet, and seating was less cramped than I'd heard. Very comfy experience. Thanks Junior for the once again new and improved visual show, it's always a treat.

Now for the two things I'll remember for a long-ass time. 1st, I think after The Patient, I was nodding kind of slow and big in appreciation with a big toothy grin on my face and I swear Maynard stared straight at me (remember I was really close) and started nodding exactly the same way and cracked a smile, and I think because I didn't realize and react in time he made this "over your head" swipe motion with his hand over his head and then went back to what he was doing. Guess I should have pointed at him or laughed obviously or something, lol. The 2nd thing was that Justin's pick glanced off my pinky as I stretched for it :( ... FUCK.

All in all it was the best show I've seen of 3 due to view/proximity, instrument sound, maynards mood/energy (these days), visuals, SET LIST!, venue comfort, and frankly I found insanely quick, cheap, and close parking, heh. A security guy let me store my poster and shirts in an electrical closet so I wouldn't have to worry about them getting crushed or soaked with beer, very nice of him. So it helped that I could relax and enjoy the show. As keeps happening, though, Maynard was fairly drowned out and that is really getting annoying. Whether it's his call or the sound guy's, they've gotta realize that he adds so much melody and feeling to the music and hearing him clearly is damned important to that. Hopefully next time around...

Generally though, awesome show. If the sound wasn't so echoy and painfully loud/piercing at Fair Park Coliseum in '98, that would have been tops on my list due to the set list and vocal power/control and stage schtick. I wish I really could time travel with some ticket money. But this one is #1 for me overall out of 3 and I wish my friend could have been there :-( I know he does.

Oh, what's up with not having a venue specific T-shirt?! That pissed me off. Sweet poster, though!

Damn I'm sleepy.

Last edited by Laddermalice; 06-23-2010 at 11:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
skillet
06-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Sound was better tonight than Cedar Park/Austin, though as already pointed out, Maynard was still getting lost in the mix (he was also clipping badly at the start, but they at least fixed that quickly). I thought it was great that they basically cut the Ford Center in half; last time I saw them there, they were all the way towards one end and even being on the floor that time (admittedly towards the rear), it felt like I was far away; with this setup, there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. I hope people realize how much revenue they probably lost by doing that and give them some respect for making sure it was a more intimate-than-normal show (on top of the fact they pulled out all the stops for the visuals with extra screens and pew pew laser beams).

I was down on the floor in Austin but this time up higher (and not drunk, heh), so I was able to really experience the excellent visuals. Could see Justin's pedal board malfunction clearly, he was pretty pissed; kept picking up one end of it and then slamming it down, moving to the other end, slamming it, until one of the techs came up and took care of it for him (which was great timing as he had just sat his bass aside and was going after the board with 2 hands instead of 1, so it was about to get hilarious, err I mean ugly, heh).

'Intolerance' alone was worth the price of admission. Sweet Jesus in a smoking birch bark canoe with a lobster bib, was that ever amazing. I also liked how they worked in snippets of other 'not played live in ages' songs, like 'Triad' (I forget which songs [I just drove 3 hours to get home, so I'm kinda brain dead], but there were 2 of them where they were clearly playing bits of 'Triad', one of them was for a good 20-30 seconds worth, long enough for me to begin thinking [read: wishing] they were going to do the whole song; unfortunately, they didn't).

Great show, and by all accounts so far, this is going to go down as one of their best tours.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Sound was better tonight than Cedar Park/Austin, though as already pointed out, Maynard was still getting lost in the mix (he was also clipping badly at the start, but they at least fixed that quickly). I thought it was great that they basically cut the Ford Center in half; last time I saw them there, they were all the way towards one end and even being on the floor that time (admittedly towards the rear), it felt like I was far away; with this setup, there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. I hope people realize how much revenue they probably lost by doing that and give them some respect for making sure it was a more intimate-than-normal show (on top of the fact they pulled out all the stops for the visuals with extra screens and pew pew laser beams).

I was down on the floor in Austin but this time up higher (and not drunk, heh), so I was able to really experience the excellent visuals. Could see Justin's pedal board malfunction clearly, he was pretty pissed; kept picking up one end of it and then slamming it down, moving to the other end, slamming it, until one of the techs came up and took care of it for him (which was great timing as he had just sat his bass aside and was going after the board with 2 hands instead of 1, so it was about to get hilarious, err I mean ugly, heh).

'Intolerance' alone was worth the price of admission. Sweet Jesus in a smoking birch bark canoe with a lobster bib, was that ever amazing. I also liked how they worked in snippets of other 'not played live in ages' songs, like 'Triad' (I forget which songs [I just drove 3 hours to get home, so I'm kinda brain dead], but there were 2 of them where they were clearly playing bits of 'Triad', one of them was for a good 20-30 seconds worth, long enough for me to begin thinking [read: wishing] they were going to do the whole song; unfortunately, they didn't).

Great show, and by all accounts so far, this is going to go down as one of their best tours.
OFFLINE |  
Austin_Lucksted's Avatar Austin_Lucksted
06-24-2010, 12:12 AM

Great show! No need to repeat the set list. The highlite for me was def Third Eye, Aenema, and Intolerance. Visualz were great as always. The visuals seem to be getting better the more I go see them. I also liked how they extended every song. Some were not as noticeable as others like Stinkfist, Lateralus, and Schism. So glad it wasn't cookie-cutter like the last time they came through, even tho nothing is cookie-cutter about TOOL. Oh yeah, the Maynardisms were fucking hilarious and the band all seemed animated, which was good. Wovenhand was intense. Their songs sounded like fight songs. The only problem I had was with the sound. It just seemed like the bass was too much on the drums and the guitar for both bands had way too much gain. It all made the vocals get lost in the mix. All in all tho it was the best damn tool show I had ever seen. I've only seen them three times.

Last edited by Austin_Lucksted; 06-24-2010 at 08:33 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show! No need to repeat the set list. The highlite for me was def Third Eye, Aenema, and Intolerance. Visualz were great as always. The visuals seem to be getting better the more I go see them. I also liked how they extended every song. Some were not as noticeable as others like Stinkfist, Lateralus, and Schism. So glad it wasn't cookie-cutter like the last time they came through, even tho nothing is cookie-cutter about TOOL. Oh yeah, the Maynardisms were fucking hilarious and the band all seemed animated, which was good. Wovenhand was intense. Their songs sounded like fight songs. The only problem I had was with the sound. It just seemed like the bass was too much on the drums and the guitar for both bands had way too much gain. It all made the vocals get lost in the mix. All in all tho it was the best damn tool show I had ever seen. I've only seen them three times.

Last edited by Austin_Lucksted; 06-24-2010 at 08:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
catfishsmuggler
06-24-2010, 05:10 AM

Sloppy... good, but sloppy.

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 1

The connection to this show was weak. I don't believe in "one upping yourself," but it seemed like this was a chance for everyone to get to know each other in a live setting rather than a connecting with the music.

Same set from previous tour, same setlist (w/ Intolerance being the exception), 90% same visuals, and drowning weak vocals.
OFFLINE |  
essob22
06-24-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post

Same setlist as previous tour huh? I didn't hear Third Eye, Intolerance, Patient, or Aenema in their previous tour. Well over a half hour of different material from the last tour. Can't wait to see them in St. Paul next Week!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishsmuggler View Post

Same setlist as previous tour huh? I didn't hear Third Eye, Intolerance, Patient, or Aenema in their previous tour. Well over a half hour of different material from the last tour. Can't wait to see them in St. Paul next Week!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
joey420
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM

This was my first tool concert even though I've been a fan of them for over a decade! Fuckin unbelievable. I was 4 rows back center section! Couldn't have been more than 15' from Adam! Setlist was amazing. Intolerance had never been on of my favorite songs, but I loved it too. Forty six and two was the song I came to see, and it was everything I had hoped for. Aenima was a great closer. Third Eye was an amazing opener! I wish Maynard's vocals had been turned up a bit, but I agree that it didn't matter if you knew the words. The rest of the setlist was spot on with the exception of that bass malfunction! These guys really play well together!

I will definately go see them again. I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay for the good seats from now on, because there is no way I'm sitting in nosebleed after being that close. I almost caught the last thing Justin threw off stage! Have no idea what it was, though!

Tool is a band that has withstood the test of time, and it's apparent that it is because they are more about the music and the experience than the fame and glamour of being a rock star! We did catch a picture of Maynard taking a picture. That was badass! Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait for another album!

I will say, that I wanted to rock a lot harder than the seating situation allowed me to. I will go to a general admission next time just so I don't have any limitations of where I can move. I damn near took out a row of seats during forty six and two!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first tool concert even though I've been a fan of them for over a decade! Fuckin unbelievable. I was 4 rows back center section! Couldn't have been more than 15' from Adam! Setlist was amazing. Intolerance had never been on of my favorite songs, but I loved it too. Forty six and two was the song I came to see, and it was everything I had hoped for. Aenima was a great closer. Third Eye was an amazing opener! I wish Maynard's vocals had been turned up a bit, but I agree that it didn't matter if you knew the words. The rest of the setlist was spot on with the exception of that bass malfunction! These guys really play well together!

I will definately go see them again. I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay for the good seats from now on, because there is no way I'm sitting in nosebleed after being that close. I almost caught the last thing Justin threw off stage! Have no idea what it was, though!

Tool is a band that has withstood the test of time, and it's apparent that it is because they are more about the music and the experience than the fame and glamour of being a rock star! We did catch a picture of Maynard taking a picture. That was badass! Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait for another album!

I will say, that I wanted to rock a lot harder than the seating situation allowed me to. I will go to a general admission next time just so I don't have any limitations of where I can move. I damn near took out a row of seats during forty six and two!
OFFLINE |  
Ginsu Victim
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM

Awesome show. Sat in 105 and couldn't believe how close we were to the stage. I could've thrown something and easily hit Adam if I'd wanted (why would I, though?). Sound-wise, this show blew Nokia out of the water (performance-wise, as well).

Is it just me or did they play a little Merkaba while Danny was changing a broken drum head? Bonus song!

Me ears still haven't recovered. Awesome, awesome show....
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Awesome show. Sat in 105 and couldn't believe how close we were to the stage. I could've thrown something and easily hit Adam if I'd wanted (why would I, though?). Sound-wise, this show blew Nokia out of the water (performance-wise, as well).

Is it just me or did they play a little Merkaba while Danny was changing a broken drum head? Bonus song!

Me ears still haven't recovered. Awesome, awesome show....
OFFLINE |  
damnfool's Avatar damnfool
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM

had seats in 119 awesomely good seats when i was expecting to be so far away. First off catfishmuggler is a cunt an there's no way he went to the show. I can't believe none of you've said anything about maynard jumping in about a second or two early on the second verse of stinkfist he raised one arm quickly like OH SHIT and looked to Danny then quickly recovered. Sound was awesome from my seats. Only problem I had was waking up the passed out drunk that was taking uo my sisters seat an getting him ran off. Highlight of the night fo me was Aenema I was thinking 3rd eye or one of the songs I havent heard before would get me but I could hear everyone singin along to Aenema and had goosebumps and was just completely mesmerized by it. Justin did have bass problems he was slamming his pedals on the ground at one point an his tech came out and he switched basses a total of three times maybe first one was fixed an brought back out. Jutin tried giving a beer to Maynard....Maynard brought Justin a bottle of whine then went and grabbed a bottle for himself and they raised bottles to eachother and took a swig during Danny's solo on lateralus. Maynard took pics of the band during the 46 and 2 solo not at the beginning of the show like previous ones. I know I'm forgetting a few things but tried to update my twitter as shit happened to not forget stuff http://www.twiter.com/damn13fool I know I got some of what Maynard said as he was sayin it on there which I can't remember now and one more thing catfishmuggler is an asshole why belong to website for fans to come be a hater
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

had seats in 119 awesomely good seats when i was expecting to be so far away. First off catfishmuggler is a cunt an there's no way he went to the show. I can't believe none of you've said anything about maynard jumping in about a second or two early on the second verse of stinkfist he raised one arm quickly like OH SHIT and looked to Danny then quickly recovered. Sound was awesome from my seats. Only problem I had was waking up the passed out drunk that was taking uo my sisters seat an getting him ran off. Highlight of the night fo me was Aenema I was thinking 3rd eye or one of the songs I havent heard before would get me but I could hear everyone singin along to Aenema and had goosebumps and was just completely mesmerized by it. Justin did have bass problems he was slamming his pedals on the ground at one point an his tech came out and he switched basses a total of three times maybe first one was fixed an brought back out. Jutin tried giving a beer to Maynard....Maynard brought Justin a bottle of whine then went and grabbed a bottle for himself and they raised bottles to eachother and took a swig during Danny's solo on lateralus. Maynard took pics of the band during the 46 and 2 solo not at the beginning of the show like previous ones. I know I'm forgetting a few things but tried to update my twitter as shit happened to not forget stuff http://www.twiter.com/damn13fool I know I got some of what Maynard said as he was sayin it on there which I can't remember now and one more thing catfishmuggler is an asshole why belong to website for fans to come be a hater
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
Ginsu Victim
06-24-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essob22 View Post
Same setlist as previous tour huh? I didn't hear Third Eye, Intolerance, Patient, or Aenema in their previous tour.
Well, they did play Aenema on the previous tour.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essob22 View Post
Same setlist as previous tour huh? I didn't hear Third Eye, Intolerance, Patient, or Aenema in their previous tour.
OFFLINE |  
Killjoy0205
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM

This was my first Tool concert. I never thought I would actually get to see them. I actually teared up when they started playing "Stinkfist." Incredible show! Had floor seats and a great view of everyone, especially Justin and Danny.

Wish they would have played more songs, I could have stood there all night, but the setlist was great. No comlaints: best concert of my life!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool concert. I never thought I would actually get to see them. I actually teared up when they started playing "Stinkfist." Incredible show! Had floor seats and a great view of everyone, especially Justin and Danny.

Wish they would have played more songs, I could have stood there all night, but the setlist was great. No comlaints: best concert of my life!
OFFLINE |  
withSpirit
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Victim View Post
Not for the first two shows.

And I can't believe that kid's post hasn't been deleted by a moderator yet. He didn't go to the show, and he posted blatantly false information about it in this thread for REVIEWS.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Victim View Post

And I can't believe that kid's post hasn't been deleted by a moderator yet. He didn't go to the show, and he posted blatantly false information about it in this thread for REVIEWS.
OFFLINE |  
Ginsu Victim
06-24-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
Well that stinks. That one just blows the roof off the place. Glad I got to see it twice in a row, then.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by withSpirit View Post
Well that stinks. That one just blows the roof off the place. Glad I got to see it twice in a row, then.
OFFLINE |  
06-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Ok here's my in depth review of the show. I'm a massive Tool fan. I listen to them everday. I play their songs on drums and guitar everyday (I try). So for me getting to hear several of my fave songs of all time on the same show is going to instantly make the show top notch. I drove about 100 miles at the last minute to go to this show, but it was so worth it.

This was my third Tool show after seeing them twice on the 2007 10k Days tour. I was on the floor for the first time this show, and the sound definitely hits you in the guts more.

Woven Hand was interesting, but after about 2 songs I was like ok lets get this over with. Their drums sounded really good, but the singer was a bit annoying.

After almost a 40 minute lull, The lights go down at about 9:15 and we hear the Timothy Leary intro from Third Eye. I got goosebumps. Third Eye is my favorite song of all time, not just Tool song. The visuals were amazing, I don't know how they did it but at the top of the stage in the middle there was this like swirl of light that I swear looked magical. I liked the new vocal effect on the prying open my third eye lines and the extended break near the end was amazing. Great opener.

Then they immediately bust off into Jambi, which is a great song to pick up the pace. Not much to say other than it was played perfect. The new visuals were way more intense than the previous tours.

Ions isn't really a song so we'll just call it a cool soundscape. ;)

Stinkfist got a huge reaction being the "radio song". I would of rather had Jimmy or H or something, but understand why they would play it. Great performance, new visuals, moving screens. Funny when the crowd keeps singing on the extended part.

Vicarious fucking rocked. I really like that song. They lit the stage up like crazy for this song. Lazers and lights and everything just spinning and dancing. I just stood there looking up with my mouth open. Like tripping when I'm not tripping, ya know? Very tight performance.

Eon Blue Apocalypse we'll call it another soundscape, - but cool to hear these little bits from older ablums.

The Patient. Another of my fave songs. Very somber and moody. Nice dark florescent lighting. Little longer intro by Adam I think. Just awesome they added this to the set. I never thought I'd get to see them do it live.

Then the time machine bit by Maynard, which he kind of stumbled through, but it was funny. Red Undertow logo comes up on screens and they kick right off into Intolerance. Which is yet ANOTHER of my favorite songs. Very cool retro visuals. I think it was this song where they had this cool effect on the screens that was like water turning into smoke back into water. So cool. They did this little extended breakeown I'd never heard before and it was so fucking groovy. A high light of the show this song.

Schism - again the crowd was super loud for this one being another radio song. Would of rather had the Grudge or Cold & Ugly instead, but hey you can't have everything. Same extended version with the drum breakdown as the 2007 tour. New visuals.

46 & 2 always a highlight to see Danny shred on this one. The crowd loved his solo and you could tell he was feeling the energy and playing with some intense power. I loved the huge sacred geometry symbol behind him. Looked so cool. This song will always be a mainstay on live Tool shows and it should be. The Chet Zarr "endless eye" thing is so cool on the new LED screens.

A long soundscape with crazy visuals happened next, I thought I heard bits of Triad and maybe even Merkaba in there. It was definitely new, cuz I'd never heard the composition before.

Lateralus was next, and I was kind of like oh no, because I knew the show would be over soon. Again a slightly longer intro. Danny kept doing the 4's louder and louder at the beginning and you could feel everyone tense up and they got closer and closer to kicking in. Like Vicarious everything lit up and dances around for this song. Lazers everywhere. I think it was this song, but not sure where they had the lazers come down and project like this false "light floor" directly above the floor crowd. It literally looked like you could reach up and touch it. So cool. Again this will always be a mainstay on live shows and it deserves it. They did the little drum solo break down like the 07 tour, but with no guest drummer trading off with Danny. Which was fine because Danny was doing shit that well, you're just not supposed to be able to do. Funny when Danny was soloing Maynard and Justin both walked right up to him both with a beverage in hand and just watched him like they were watching TV at home or something. lol At the end of the song, briefly the lights came on and I was like - what no Aenima?! immediately the lights shut back off again and I was like ahhhh relief.

Aenima is yet another favorite of mine since 1998. Awesome to see live. The crowd was screaming all the lyrics. The moving screens were going nutz. Water effects on screen. Pretty much the album version is what they played. Very tight no mistakes. A fantastic set ender.

The lights come up, band embraces. They start throwing stuff to the crowd. Maynard taking cell phone pics of the band and the crowd. Maynard off first, then Adam, with Danny and Justin staying out a bit longer. Danny got the biggest ovation which was so deserved he was just on fire this night. Band looked thrilled with the crowd response especially Danny.

Then it was over, back to reality - ugh. But Overall the show was about as good as a show can get in my opinion. Some really amazing additions to the setlist with some tried and true mainstays. Very best of Tool vibe. 10/10 from me.

Random oberservations:

-Maynard was a bit low in the mix. As people have stated. Other than that the sound was on perfect. Especially the drums.
-I didn't even notice Justin's technical difficulties so can't comment on that.
-Two lines I loved from Maynard were "For the next 2 hours, whatever is going on out there doesn't matter in here" and at the very end "Its all going to be okay".
-Security wasn't that bad. They let people snap pics, just not hold it there long for video. Actually the staff at the Ford Center was pretty nice.

In closing I'll just say I can't wait to see them again. I'm a Tool fan for life. Hopefully its soon and hopefully soon we get a new album. Tool is greatest band of all time and I'm thrilled to have seen them do my all time favorite song "Third Eye" as well as many others.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4226/062310224900.jpg

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-24-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #25

Ok here's my in depth review of the show. I'm a massive Tool fan. I listen to them everday. I play their songs on drums and guitar everyday (I try). So for me getting to hear several of my fave songs of all time on the same show is going to instantly make the show top notch. I drove about 100 miles at the last minute to go to this show, but it was so worth it.

This was my third Tool show after seeing them twice on the 2007 10k Days tour. I was on the floor for the first time this show, and the sound definitely hits you in the guts more.

Woven Hand was interesting, but after about 2 songs I was like ok lets get this over with. Their drums sounded really good, but the singer was a bit annoying.

After almost a 40 minute lull, The lights go down at about 9:15 and we hear the Timothy Leary intro from Third Eye. I got goosebumps. Third Eye is my favorite song of all time, not just Tool song. The visuals were amazing, I don't know how they did it but at the top of the stage in the middle there was this like swirl of light that I swear looked magical. I liked the new vocal effect on the prying open my third eye lines and the extended break near the end was amazing. Great opener.

Then they immediately bust off into Jambi, which is a great song to pick up the pace. Not much to say other than it was played perfect. The new visuals were way more intense than the previous tours.

Ions isn't really a song so we'll just call it a cool soundscape. ;)

Stinkfist got a huge reaction being the "radio song". I would of rather had Jimmy or H or something, but understand why they would play it. Great performance, new visuals, moving screens. Funny when the crowd keeps singing on the extended part.

Vicarious fucking rocked. I really like that song. They lit the stage up like crazy for this song. Lazers and lights and everything just spinning and dancing. I just stood there looking up with my mouth open. Like tripping when I'm not tripping, ya know? Very tight performance.

Eon Blue Apocalypse we'll call it another soundscape, - but cool to hear these little bits from older ablums.

The Patient. Another of my fave songs. Very somber and moody. Nice dark florescent lighting. Little longer intro by Adam I think. Just awesome they added this to the set. I never thought I'd get to see them do it live.

Then the time machine bit by Maynard, which he kind of stumbled through, but it was funny. Red Undertow logo comes up on screens and they kick right off into Intolerance. Which is yet ANOTHER of my favorite songs. Very cool retro visuals. I think it was this song where they had this cool effect on the screens that was like water turning into smoke back into water. So cool. They did this little extended breakeown I'd never heard before and it was so fucking groovy. A high light of the show this song.

Schism - again the crowd was super loud for this one being another radio song. Would of rather had the Grudge or Cold & Ugly instead, but hey you can't have everything. Same extended version with the drum breakdown as the 2007 tour. New visuals.

46 & 2 always a highlight to see Danny shred on this one. The crowd loved his solo and you could tell he was feeling the energy and playing with some intense power. I loved the huge sacred geometry symbol behind him. Looked so cool. This song will always be a mainstay on live Tool shows and it should be. The Chet Zarr "endless eye" thing is so cool on the new LED screens.

A long soundscape with crazy visuals happened next, I thought I heard bits of Triad and maybe even Merkaba in there. It was definitely new, cuz I'd never heard the composition before.

Lateralus was next, and I was kind of like oh no, because I knew the show would be over soon. Again a slightly longer intro. Danny kept doing the 4's louder and louder at the beginning and you could feel everyone tense up and they got closer and closer to kicking in. Like Vicarious everything lit up and dances around for this song. Lazers everywhere. I think it was this song, but not sure where they had the lazers come down and project like this false "light floor" directly above the floor crowd. It literally looked like you could reach up and touch it. So cool. Again this will always be a mainstay on live shows and it deserves it. They did the little drum solo break down like the 07 tour, but with no guest drummer trading off with Danny. Which was fine because Danny was doing shit that well, you're just not supposed to be able to do. Funny when Danny was soloing Maynard and Justin both walked right up to him both with a beverage in hand and just watched him like they were watching TV at home or something. lol At the end of the song, briefly the lights came on and I was like - what no Aenima?! immediately the lights shut back off again and I was like ahhhh relief.

Aenima is yet another favorite of mine since 1998. Awesome to see live. The crowd was screaming all the lyrics. The moving screens were going nutz. Water effects on screen. Pretty much the album version is what they played. Very tight no mistakes. A fantastic set ender.

The lights come up, band embraces. They start throwing stuff to the crowd. Maynard taking cell phone pics of the band and the crowd. Maynard off first, then Adam, with Danny and Justin staying out a bit longer. Danny got the biggest ovation which was so deserved he was just on fire this night. Band looked thrilled with the crowd response especially Danny.

Then it was over, back to reality - ugh. But Overall the show was about as good as a show can get in my opinion. Some really amazing additions to the setlist with some tried and true mainstays. Very best of Tool vibe. 10/10 from me.

Random oberservations:

-Maynard was a bit low in the mix. As people have stated. Other than that the sound was on perfect. Especially the drums.
-I didn't even notice Justin's technical difficulties so can't comment on that.
-Two lines I loved from Maynard were "For the next 2 hours, whatever is going on out there doesn't matter in here" and at the very end "Its all going to be okay".
-Security wasn't that bad. They let people snap pics, just not hold it there long for video. Actually the staff at the Ford Center was pretty nice.

In closing I'll just say I can't wait to see them again. I'm a Tool fan for life. Hopefully its soon and hopefully soon we get a new album. Tool is greatest band of all time and I'm thrilled to have seen them do my all time favorite song "Third Eye" as well as many others.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4226/062310224900.jpg

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-24-2010 at 11:09 AM..
OFFLINE |  
prater
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM

This was my 8th Tool show.

Maynardisms: "For the next couple of hours, whatever is happening outside of this place, is of no concern to us."

"Do you remember that scene with Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future when he goes back to the future, past, fut- he had a time machine. Well we have a time machine."

"Now might be a good time to put your clothes back on."

Maynard was chugging on that wine pretty hard and sharing beer with Justin.

Did anyone else notice Danny had his gold drumset. I haven't seen him play that one in awhile.

Justin did have some pedal issues but they were fixed. Vocals were up and down all night but cut through perfectly on Intolerance. Drums as always sounded amazing.

The gong in Lataralus was soooooooooo fucking loud...amazing. Lataralus is the highlight of every Tool show for me. I love that song live. Third Eye was all I ever hoped it could be. Stinkfist never fails to impress even if I'm not that excited about it before hand, same goes for 46&2. Overall I think this ranks as the best show I've seen.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This was my 8th Tool show.

Maynardisms: "For the next couple of hours, whatever is happening outside of this place, is of no concern to us."

"Do you remember that scene with Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future when he goes back to the future, past, fut- he had a time machine. Well we have a time machine."

"Now might be a good time to put your clothes back on."

Maynard was chugging on that wine pretty hard and sharing beer with Justin.

Did anyone else notice Danny had his gold drumset. I haven't seen him play that one in awhile.

Justin did have some pedal issues but they were fixed. Vocals were up and down all night but cut through perfectly on Intolerance. Drums as always sounded amazing.

The gong in Lataralus was soooooooooo fucking loud...amazing. Lataralus is the highlight of every Tool show for me. I love that song live. Third Eye was all I ever hoped it could be. Stinkfist never fails to impress even if I'm not that excited about it before hand, same goes for 46&2. Overall I think this ranks as the best show I've seen.
OFFLINE |  
sarahethan
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveokc View Post
I hope your son wore plugs. Actually, everyone should wear plugs. And for those of you who are thinking I mean the soft yellow cheapos, no, you can buy professional musician plugs that keep out the bad and let in the good.

Last edited by sarahethan; 06-24-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveokc View Post
I hope your son wore plugs. Actually, everyone should wear plugs. And for those of you who are thinking I mean the soft yellow cheapos, no, you can buy professional musician plugs that keep out the bad and let in the good.

Last edited by sarahethan; 06-24-2010 at 01:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Mike462
06-24-2010, 07:35 PM

So it was the greatest show I've EVER seen. Second Tool show and it blew the last one away. Just loved this set fucking Third Eye, The Patient, and Intolerance!!! OMFG!! Did anyone happen to get an good pics of the show?? It was hard to do with the "photo police" on the prowl.. I almost got thrown out twice and had my brand new iPhone 4 confiscated.. I just wanted some goddamn pics to remember the experience by.. If u did happen to get any good pics could u please email me some copies?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

So it was the greatest show I've EVER seen. Second Tool show and it blew the last one away. Just loved this set fucking Third Eye, The Patient, and Intolerance!!! OMFG!! Did anyone happen to get an good pics of the show?? It was hard to do with the "photo police" on the prowl.. I almost got thrown out twice and had my brand new iPhone 4 confiscated.. I just wanted some goddamn pics to remember the experience by.. If u did happen to get any good pics could u please email me some copies?
OFFLINE |  
withSpirit
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike462 View Post
Out of curiosity, how do you get your phone back if it gets confiscated? I've never been caught before. Do you just find the person who took it when the show is over or what?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how do you get your phone back if it gets confiscated? I've never been caught before. Do you just find the person who took it when the show is over or what?
OFFLINE |  
3hird EyE
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM

my first tool show and probably the best show i have seen. although i didnt have the greatest view of the visuals (sec. 308) i had a perfect view of the members. i noticed that during vicarious justin was having trouble with his bass and didnt play very much up until his solo. during his solo i guess adam has seen the videos of people recording him when its justin playing so adam pointed an walked to him a little bit. maynard was drinking wine all night. by the end he was carrying around 2 bottles. danny is just plain epic on the set. his gong hits during lateralus were SOOOOO loud and awesome. after lateralus was over most of the lights came up but then went back down and you heard "hey hey hey hey". the lazer show was fantastic (great job junior). will definately be seeing tool anytime they come close to me again (this show was 5 hours and 300 miles away)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

my first tool show and probably the best show i have seen. although i didnt have the greatest view of the visuals (sec. 308) i had a perfect view of the members. i noticed that during vicarious justin was having trouble with his bass and didnt play very much up until his solo. during his solo i guess adam has seen the videos of people recording him when its justin playing so adam pointed an walked to him a little bit. maynard was drinking wine all night. by the end he was carrying around 2 bottles. danny is just plain epic on the set. his gong hits during lateralus were SOOOOO loud and awesome. after lateralus was over most of the lights came up but then went back down and you heard "hey hey hey hey". the lazer show was fantastic (great job junior). will definately be seeing tool anytime they come close to me again (this show was 5 hours and 300 miles away)
06-24-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I got a bunch of pics. They're cell phone quality, but some are decent. Check em out:

http://img20.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=062310191700.jpg

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-24-2010 at 11:41 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #31

Quote:
I got a bunch of pics. They're cell phone quality, but some are decent. Check em out:

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 06-24-2010 at 11:41 PM..
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
06-25-2010, 01:53 AM

where can i get that danny mugshot pic?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #32
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

where can i get that danny mugshot pic?
OFFLINE |  
Ginsu Victim
06-25-2010, 04:24 AM

Oh, how did you guys like Maynard "mailing it in" all night....in a postal worker outfit.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Oh, how did you guys like Maynard "mailing it in" all night....in a postal worker outfit.
OFFLINE |  
trebor777
06-25-2010, 01:31 PM

I love seeing Tool. I've seen them 17 times, going back to the Undertow days. I love this tours set list. But.....

YOU TOURED LAST SUMMER (same set list of the summer before) AND NOW YOUR TOURING AGAIN. WRITE ANOTHER ALBUM ALREADY.

With all the time they've spent touring (on no record) they could have written a new album. I can die peacefully if Tool releases one more album in my lifetime. Just one more.

Again, I love seeing them live and will buy tickets to help give them my $$$ any day of the week. BUT - WRITE A NEW ALBUM ALREADY.

Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

I love seeing Tool. I've seen them 17 times, going back to the Undertow days. I love this tours set list. But.....

YOU TOURED LAST SUMMER (same set list of the summer before) AND NOW YOUR TOURING AGAIN. WRITE ANOTHER ALBUM ALREADY.

With all the time they've spent touring (on no record) they could have written a new album. I can die peacefully if Tool releases one more album in my lifetime. Just one more.

Again, I love seeing them live and will buy tickets to help give them my $$$ any day of the week. BUT - WRITE A NEW ALBUM ALREADY.

Business wise it makes sense. They line their pockets touring, not so much releasing an album.
OFFLINE |  
randomstinkfist's Avatar randomstinkfist
06-25-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor777 View Post

I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

I'm not too sure you quite understand the ways & customs of the Recording Industry... but by making an entire NEW album to sell to the masses the business dictates that it has to be done in a way to ensure the largest amount of sales will be profited by the new "Product". therefore the reality that most bands/groups or recording artists and such for that matter in fact actually make their largest gross in over-all sales/profits ALWAYS from ticket sales from tours, merchandising & so forth. so really they're making the BEST possible business decision by milking the 'tours' as much as they can, not only that but T00L is the kind of Band that can just do that for "no reason".
so long as they change up the set-lists every now & then, lol!

that's my two on that!

=)
OFFLINE |  
SactoBo
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM

Can anyone tell me what the sound was like in the upper levels. I'm 4th row, 2nd level here in Sacramento. It won't be a "half-court" setup, so I'm curious. I know it'll be stellar no matter what, but I want it to be loud, too.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Can anyone tell me what the sound was like in the upper levels. I'm 4th row, 2nd level here in Sacramento. It won't be a "half-court" setup, so I'm curious. I know it'll be stellar no matter what, but I want it to be loud, too.
OFFLINE |  
catfishsmuggler
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:

trebor777: are you crazy? Are you looking for some art in this climate... Stumble your way back to '92 like I remember ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60wFHC8Z40 ) and stay clear of "kids" like me who join toolnavy and wait 4 years to post a review like Tool was "good"... not great, but good, and get ass slammed by emo rednecks who can't accept the idea that some shows are just OK.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

trebor777: are you crazy? Are you looking for some art in this climate... Stumble your way back to '92 like I remember ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60wFHC8Z40 ) and stay clear of "kids" like me who join toolnavy and wait 4 years to post a review like Tool was "good"... not great, but good, and get ass slammed by emo rednecks who can't accept the idea that some shows are just OK.
OFFLINE |  
06-25-2010, 10:21 PM

Just to let you guys know, there is now an almost perfect copy of the entire show (audio) uploaded on dimeadozen.org and thetradersden.org - way better than my copy. Listening to it now and its awesome!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #38

Just to let you guys know, there is now an almost perfect copy of the entire show (audio) uploaded on dimeadozen.org and thetradersden.org - way better than my copy. Listening to it now and its awesome!
OFFLINE |  
randomstinkfist's Avatar randomstinkfist
06-26-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7_Leetha View Post
thanks for notifying me, Karl the guy who recorded the show, is one of the BEST known T00L tapers to freely trade his MASTERS. thanks to kfrinkle!!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
thanks for notifying me, Karl the guy who recorded the show, is one of the BEST known T00L tapers to freely trade his MASTERS. thanks to kfrinkle!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Mike462
06-26-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks man! It looks like u were somewhere right around where i was judging by the angle of ur pics where were ur seats?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Thanks man! It looks like u were somewhere right around where i was judging by the angle of ur pics where were ur seats?
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply