Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
NathalieWinterPaws's Avatar NathalieWinterPaws
05-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Hello! I really like this sentence: "High is the Way but all Eyes are Upon the Ground",
I'm willing to have it tattooed & it has a meaning for me but could you please tell me what does it mean to you?
What do you think Maynard means with this?

For me it means that all the people are living their lives worried about material stuff & that you should look "up" to see the truth, or an spiritual path.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
High is the Way but all Eyes are Upon the Ground

Hello! I really like this sentence: "High is the Way but all Eyes are Upon the Ground",
I'm willing to have it tattooed & it has a meaning for me but could you please tell me what does it mean to you?
What do you think Maynard means with this?

For me it means that all the people are living their lives worried about material stuff & that you should look "up" to see the truth, or an spiritual path.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
RussianRoot
05-01-2014, 08:31 AM

i think you hit the nail on the head. "high is the way" - 'heaven' should be what people chase. "but all eyes are upon the ground" - but people cant take their focus off their material items.

im not religious, but i still enjoy reading religious books for the moral fiber hidden underneath. i simply used "heaven" since Christianity is the religion i was most exposed to in life. - regardless, i think you can see what im getting at

Last edited by RussianRoot; 05-01-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Old 05-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Banned.

Re: High is the Way but all Eyes are Upon the Ground

i think you hit the nail on the head. "high is the way" - 'heaven' should be what people chase. "but all eyes are upon the ground" - but people cant take their focus off their material items.

im not religious, but i still enjoy reading religious books for the moral fiber hidden underneath. i simply used "heaven" since Christianity is the religion i was most exposed to in life. - regardless, i think you can see what im getting at

Last edited by RussianRoot; 05-01-2014 at 08:32 AM..
joegiles
02-23-2018, 05:19 AM

what are they gonna do when the lights go down, without you
Old 02-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

what are they gonna do when the lights go down, without you
Bobjob58
10-05-2018, 08:16 AM

It's just like he wrote in Right in Two: there's plenty in this veritable garden of Eden for us all to live in peace and comfort, but regardless of The Way being within our view and grasp, humanity as a whole is still too savage to simply look up and see it. Rather, we fight over and divide pieces of the ground and hoard our stake to the detriment of all.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

It's just like he wrote in Right in Two: there's plenty in this veritable garden of Eden for us all to live in peace and comfort, but regardless of The Way being within our view and grasp, humanity as a whole is still too savage to simply look up and see it. Rather, we fight over and divide pieces of the ground and hoard our stake to the detriment of all.
mixlikes's Avatar mixlikes
10-31-2018, 02:43 AM

According to your thread, every people lives their lives with their capability. Some people worked hard and grow their position likes head but other can't work effort incorrect time and the direction it always down like their legs.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:43 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

According to your thread, every people lives their lives with their capability. Some people worked hard and grow their position likes head but other can't work effort incorrect time and the direction it always down like their legs.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply