Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Spring 2012
User Name
Password
RJ OTG 23
01-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulwyf View Post
Anyone catch the lyric changes to Hooker?
Could tell it wasn't Beastie Tee, but couldn't make out what he said.

yes he said in a boston tee
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulwyf View Post
Anyone catch the lyric changes to Hooker?
Could tell it wasn't Beastie Tee, but couldn't make out what he said.

yes he said in a boston tee
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
benpedro
01-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoatebar View Post
What time wws the show scheduled to start and what time did they come on?
9:00-9:40
Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
9:00-9:40
01-29-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Show was scheduled to start at 8pm with 7pm doors. Doors opened at 7pm, and YOB went on at 7:49pm. Tool started at 9:02pm exactly and ended at 10:47pm.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Show was scheduled to start at 8pm with 7pm doors. Doors opened at 7pm, and YOB went on at 7:49pm. Tool started at 9:02pm exactly and ended at 10:47pm.
deathmetalhead767
01-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Saw Tool last night in Boston. They sounded better than when I saw them 2 1/2 years ago in New Hampshire. But that was the venue's fault. The sound last night was perfect. But actually not as loud as normal (103dB at my seat). They were tight but I definitely have complaints about them at this stage of their career. I spent $127 on the night. They didn't even play 2 hours and then they wasted 8 minutes with a monotonous drone. Then they didn't even play a single encore. They only played 10 songs for the whole show. Of what they did play, the song selection at least had 5 of the 10 songs from AEnema. But instead of wasting 8 minutes they could have played something from Undertow or Opiate of which they played nothing.

Plus they wasted 7 minutes with Intension. So for about 15 minutes the show was boring. I mean after that you'd think they would at least play until 11pm and give us a taste of Undertow. At the end of the show, Maynard left the stage immediately while the other 3 came to the front of the stage to applaud the audience and bow. Maynard couldn't be bothered. Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver. The best performance I saw of theirs was in '96 at the Capitol Ballroom in DC. They were hungry & pissed off then. I expect more for the money I paid.

I saw Priest and Black Label in Lowell a few weeks back for 1/4 the price and both of those bands kicked way more ass. Priest has been going for 40 years and still treat their fans with the utmost respect for their loyalty.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Saw Tool last night in Boston. They sounded better than when I saw them 2 1/2 years ago in New Hampshire. But that was the venue's fault. The sound last night was perfect. But actually not as loud as normal (103dB at my seat). They were tight but I definitely have complaints about them at this stage of their career. I spent $127 on the night. They didn't even play 2 hours and then they wasted 8 minutes with a monotonous drone. Then they didn't even play a single encore. They only played 10 songs for the whole show. Of what they did play, the song selection at least had 5 of the 10 songs from AEnema. But instead of wasting 8 minutes they could have played something from Undertow or Opiate of which they played nothing.

Plus they wasted 7 minutes with Intension. So for about 15 minutes the show was boring. I mean after that you'd think they would at least play until 11pm and give us a taste of Undertow. At the end of the show, Maynard left the stage immediately while the other 3 came to the front of the stage to applaud the audience and bow. Maynard couldn't be bothered. Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver. The best performance I saw of theirs was in '96 at the Capitol Ballroom in DC. They were hungry & pissed off then. I expect more for the money I paid.

I saw Priest and Black Label in Lowell a few weeks back for 1/4 the price and both of those bands kicked way more ass. Priest has been going for 40 years and still treat their fans with the utmost respect for their loyalty.
spsummers's Avatar spsummers
01-29-2012, 06:04 PM

Boston tee? wtf
Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Boston tee? wtf
Smooth
01-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetalhead767 View Post
Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver.
Agreed. I'm surprised that Maynard gets away with disrespecting his audience so flagrantly. It's like if Pink Floyd played the entire show behind the wall instead of mocking the bands contempt of the audience. If Tool If had billed last night as a pre-recorded laser show/video, it would have blown me away. As a supposedly live show, it came up way short.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetalhead767 View Post
Its a real shame that a band with as much talent as they have, they have released so few albums in 20 years and even when they play live they overcharge on what they deliver.
Agreed. I'm surprised that Maynard gets away with disrespecting his audience so flagrantly. It's like if Pink Floyd played the entire show behind the wall instead of mocking the bands contempt of the audience. If Tool If had billed last night as a pre-recorded laser show/video, it would have blown me away. As a supposedly live show, it came up way short.
200L's Avatar 200L
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM

Maynard sucks.

Adam is lifeless as always.

Danny is an alien.

Justin is a monster.

That is my review.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

Maynard sucks.

Adam is lifeless as always.

Danny is an alien.

Justin is a monster.

That is my review.
01-30-2012, 05:21 AM

So much negativity. But first the show: Opening with Hooker is great conceptually, basically telling the OGT fans to fuck off right from the start. From there the show really builds through Ticks (yes!). They were crushing it. I think we need a Hall of Fame just for Danny. Open it, induct him, then declare that no one else qualifies.

Pushit was amazing live. This was my 4th show since 2002 and had never seen it, I don't think. That first Lateralus show scrambled my brain pretty bad so I'm not sure. Pushit is not my fav on disk, but live it was excellent.

The intro to Schism sounded excellent. I definitely think it was a teaser of something that will be on the new record. Adam changed bits and pieces of Stinkfist too.

The guys seemed relaxed and pleased. Lots of looks and occasional smiles. Maynard gave the crowd a peace sign and hung out after the show for like 10 seconds. A record!

Acoustics at these venues is alway hit or miss. It depends on where you sit. Same with volume. Spend the money if this is crucial to you. It's not on them. They do a great job with what they can control. On the floor half way back it was strong and loud, to quote Eulogy.

Would I have liked to hear The Pot or Parabola? Yeah, but Tool has never played long shows. At least not in the last decade! It's fine with me, as they are so intense that I couldn't take 150 minutes - OK, maybe I'd like to try and see. I don't feel like they owe me anything. They are one of the best bands ever, and I'm not going to bitch about a song or two. Ditto the price. They don't charge more than any other rock band at their level of popularity.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. Crowd near me was great. NO idiots. Security was as cool as they could be, given that to some extent their job is to be a dick. I'm seriously considering gassing up and driving to CT!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

So much negativity. But first the show: Opening with Hooker is great conceptually, basically telling the OGT fans to fuck off right from the start. From there the show really builds through Ticks (yes!). They were crushing it. I think we need a Hall of Fame just for Danny. Open it, induct him, then declare that no one else qualifies.

Pushit was amazing live. This was my 4th show since 2002 and had never seen it, I don't think. That first Lateralus show scrambled my brain pretty bad so I'm not sure. Pushit is not my fav on disk, but live it was excellent.

The intro to Schism sounded excellent. I definitely think it was a teaser of something that will be on the new record. Adam changed bits and pieces of Stinkfist too.

The guys seemed relaxed and pleased. Lots of looks and occasional smiles. Maynard gave the crowd a peace sign and hung out after the show for like 10 seconds. A record!

Acoustics at these venues is alway hit or miss. It depends on where you sit. Same with volume. Spend the money if this is crucial to you. It's not on them. They do a great job with what they can control. On the floor half way back it was strong and loud, to quote Eulogy.

Would I have liked to hear The Pot or Parabola? Yeah, but Tool has never played long shows. At least not in the last decade! It's fine with me, as they are so intense that I couldn't take 150 minutes - OK, maybe I'd like to try and see. I don't feel like they owe me anything. They are one of the best bands ever, and I'm not going to bitch about a song or two. Ditto the price. They don't charge more than any other rock band at their level of popularity.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. Crowd near me was great. NO idiots. Security was as cool as they could be, given that to some extent their job is to be a dick. I'm seriously considering gassing up and driving to CT!
tool8loot
01-30-2012, 06:12 AM

This was my 10th time seeing Tool (1996-2012), and by far, this show blew every other one out of the water. From beginning to end, the place was electric. I'm not sure what everyone else was seeing, but the crowd from where i was sitting (half court, left side, 2 rows up) was on it through the entire set. Right from the opening song Hooker with a Penis and Danny breaking a drum head from being so awesome, that set the tone. Then Jambi, Stinkfist, Ticks and Leeches (which i've never heard live), Pushit, Schism, Intension, Forty Six & 2, Lateralus, and Aenima. This set list was the best i've heard. The sound quality was the best i've ever heard. The video screens/backdrop were freaking HUGE! I hope that there is an album out by the end of the year. I have a sick feeling it could be there last.
It must be the rookies complaining about the bands energy. Adam has always pretty much hung around his side of the stage. Justin stays on the right, but jams out. What more do you want Danny to do? Maynard has for a long time hung out in the back. It's how they are. Tool is about the music, the sound, not stage antics. Go to a Circus if you want to see things backflip on fire!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 10th time seeing Tool (1996-2012), and by far, this show blew every other one out of the water. From beginning to end, the place was electric. I'm not sure what everyone else was seeing, but the crowd from where i was sitting (half court, left side, 2 rows up) was on it through the entire set. Right from the opening song Hooker with a Penis and Danny breaking a drum head from being so awesome, that set the tone. Then Jambi, Stinkfist, Ticks and Leeches (which i've never heard live), Pushit, Schism, Intension, Forty Six & 2, Lateralus, and Aenima. This set list was the best i've heard. The sound quality was the best i've ever heard. The video screens/backdrop were freaking HUGE! I hope that there is an album out by the end of the year. I have a sick feeling it could be there last.
It must be the rookies complaining about the bands energy. Adam has always pretty much hung around his side of the stage. Justin stays on the right, but jams out. What more do you want Danny to do? Maynard has for a long time hung out in the back. It's how they are. Tool is about the music, the sound, not stage antics. Go to a Circus if you want to see things backflip on fire!
Lucien2020
01-30-2012, 07:06 AM

This was my 20th Tool show, I went to see Hooker and Ticks and I was happy to see them. Especially Ticks, I really didn't think I would ever hear that song live. Yes the show could have been longer but that is the modern era Tool folks. They are overpriced, short shows, same songs and still fucking brilliant. I stopped buying the overpriced tickets years ago. I got a seat for $40 outside the show from a fan and sat about 30 feet on the side of the stage. People complain about not being able to see Maynard, sort of ironically, he kept getting in my way when I was trying to watch Danny. Watching Danny is worht the price of admission. I had some low expectations because of some of the posts on this board about sound and what not, but I was pleased with the show overall. Not the best I've seen but Ticks was worth it.

And yes in Lowell they opened with Cold & Ugly and I freaked. They did play 3rd Eye that night and they hadn't been playing that on that tour.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 20th Tool show, I went to see Hooker and Ticks and I was happy to see them. Especially Ticks, I really didn't think I would ever hear that song live. Yes the show could have been longer but that is the modern era Tool folks. They are overpriced, short shows, same songs and still fucking brilliant. I stopped buying the overpriced tickets years ago. I got a seat for $40 outside the show from a fan and sat about 30 feet on the side of the stage. People complain about not being able to see Maynard, sort of ironically, he kept getting in my way when I was trying to watch Danny. Watching Danny is worht the price of admission. I had some low expectations because of some of the posts on this board about sound and what not, but I was pleased with the show overall. Not the best I've seen but Ticks was worth it.

And yes in Lowell they opened with Cold & Ugly and I freaked. They did play 3rd Eye that night and they hadn't been playing that on that tour.
sp103
01-30-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool8loot View Post
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool8loot View Post
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
Eclipse3429
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM

I was blown away at this show sitting in Loge 6 Row 11. The visuals were awesome and the music was spot on and tight. Everyone who is complaining needs to understand how these guys are. Maynard usually does hang out in the shadows. Its how he has been for years. All the guys were in there special internal "Zen" place while they played to create the best music for the audience and use the powerful visuals to put on the show behind the music. It was truly an amazing experience and well worth the price in my book.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

I was blown away at this show sitting in Loge 6 Row 11. The visuals were awesome and the music was spot on and tight. Everyone who is complaining needs to understand how these guys are. Maynard usually does hang out in the shadows. Its how he has been for years. All the guys were in there special internal "Zen" place while they played to create the best music for the audience and use the powerful visuals to put on the show behind the music. It was truly an amazing experience and well worth the price in my book.
tool8loot
01-31-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp103 View Post
I hear ya but we have to consider their catalog of songs. 1 EP and 4 albums doesn't leave much to choose from. My guess is they are playing favorites, which is fine with me. There are some songs i've only heard once like Flood and Ticks. I want to hear Right in Two. They probably won't play much off Opiate because of the strain it would put on Maynards vocals. I am shocked they are playing Ticks because of that. The only reason they probably are is because it's such a short tour so they're playing it while they can.
The ticket price thing is what it is. The venue and others are taking a big chunk of that. Because of the way music is sold (which a lot of people get for free) the band deserves every penny of what they get since most of the money they do make is from touring.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp103 View Post
I hear ya but we have to consider their catalog of songs. 1 EP and 4 albums doesn't leave much to choose from. My guess is they are playing favorites, which is fine with me. There are some songs i've only heard once like Flood and Ticks. I want to hear Right in Two. They probably won't play much off Opiate because of the strain it would put on Maynards vocals. I am shocked they are playing Ticks because of that. The only reason they probably are is because it's such a short tour so they're playing it while they can.
The ticket price thing is what it is. The venue and others are taking a big chunk of that. Because of the way music is sold (which a lot of people get for free) the band deserves every penny of what they get since most of the money they do make is from touring.
prana.surge
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM

TOOL has been my favorite band for 15 year and I've pretty much followed everything they've ever done. Unfortunately, I never saw them in '96, which was their height in my personal opinion, but I did get blown away during their Lateralus tour and more recently at Bonaroo. Seeing them at the Garden a couple nights ago was intensely gratifying and immensely emotional for me.

I DID pay DOUBLE face value for 2 tix -- that's $240. Normally, this would be asking too much if it were a regularly promoted show -- with the money going directly to the big companies we don't feel good about supporting -- but since it was all Tool-Army/Collective Unconscious "word of mouth," all the dough went right into the manager's, PR's, & band members' pockets, which, obviously, I was glad to contribute to. But, of course, this also allows for my personal complaints which will be stated at the end of my review.

The seats were side-luge seats, about halfway up, but I could see Danny perfectly, which was all that really mattered to me except the sound, which, as most of you have been saying was a bit low, but still amazing.

Opening up with Hooker w/a Penis was the coolest thing I've seen the band do, which was obviously for the true fans. I was pretty drunk & rockin' out HARD to every single song (except Intention, 'cause you can't rock out to Intention) and really enjoyed myself at this concert!!!

It was also really easy to smoke pot where I was, which was awesome.

My favorite performance was Lateralus and the visual feasts tantalized me curiously. Those fans on this board who were complaining about Maynard remaining distant and in the shadows obviously don't know TOOL very well; this is a huge element to Maynard's persona as a TOOL counterpart, and it is PART of the band's act & "image" (which isn't an image at all). He has been doing this for as long as I remember, and it is always done on purpose in order for him not to detract from the band's overall presence. As for the rest of the guys, they played in their "zen" positions, as one fan mentioned above, and were comfortable with that.

My only "complaints" about this show are as follows:

TOOL has a BRAND NEW RECORD already recorded. It would have been fuckin' sweet to have heard one new teaser (and no, the alternate opening to Schism isn't good enough for me).

And, another thing ... Danny didn't even seem to HAVE a tabla with him?!!? I know they only played 1 song off of the 10,000 DAYS LP (which has a LOT of tabla in it), but he DID use it occasionally on the LATERALUS LP ... or I wish he could have added new tabla sounds to old songs that they DID play, but he didn't play the tabla AT ALL. I've been pondering over the reasons for this.

None of the songs they played were rearranged at all, or included alternate-sounding bridges to spice up the songs from their original recordings (except the new alternate intro to Schism, which didn't impress me). This usually is a good thing, however, but with TOOL, I mean, they didn't even play the "New Light" / SALIVAL version of my favorite song, PUSHIT -- it was the original --- this is because DANNY DIDN'T BRING A FUCKING TABLA WITH HIM!!! (The song was still amazing to see live though.)

And to not play a SINGLE song from UNDERTOW or OPIATE is extremely disappointing. The reason for this, though, is, as many fans seem all-too-easily to forget, is that TOOL DID have a DIFFERENT BASSIST during the recording of those masterpieces, and, in a way, was a completely different band back then.

Also, the long hypnotizing drone before the closer (Aenima-pefect closer), as we know, very much like SALIVAL's LAMC, was meant to be extremely annoying. The band also seemed to use this time to emotionally prepare to play AENIMA, a very important, relevant song in today's world (also a Grammy winner.). Still, I agree with that one guy that they shoulda used that time to play something from their older records... at least ONE SONG! I mean, I woulda SHIT MY PANTS to have seen them perform the title track "Undertow" or "4 Degrees" (one of my favorite songs of all time), which, sadly, as we all know, will never, EVER happen, EVER.

Overall, this was an INCREDIBLY MEMORABLE experience for a DIE-HARD FAN!!! (In my opinion, we fans should really take the time to appreciate what they DID do great, and not focus so much on the shittier elements of their performance .... at least WE GOT TO SEE TOOL! FUCK YEAH!!!)
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

TOOL has been my favorite band for 15 year and I've pretty much followed everything they've ever done. Unfortunately, I never saw them in '96, which was their height in my personal opinion, but I did get blown away during their Lateralus tour and more recently at Bonaroo. Seeing them at the Garden a couple nights ago was intensely gratifying and immensely emotional for me.

I DID pay DOUBLE face value for 2 tix -- that's $240. Normally, this would be asking too much if it were a regularly promoted show -- with the money going directly to the big companies we don't feel good about supporting -- but since it was all Tool-Army/Collective Unconscious "word of mouth," all the dough went right into the manager's, PR's, & band members' pockets, which, obviously, I was glad to contribute to. But, of course, this also allows for my personal complaints which will be stated at the end of my review.

The seats were side-luge seats, about halfway up, but I could see Danny perfectly, which was all that really mattered to me except the sound, which, as most of you have been saying was a bit low, but still amazing.

Opening up with Hooker w/a Penis was the coolest thing I've seen the band do, which was obviously for the true fans. I was pretty drunk & rockin' out HARD to every single song (except Intention, 'cause you can't rock out to Intention) and really enjoyed myself at this concert!!!

My favorite performance was Lateralus and the visual feasts tantalized me curiously. Those fans on this board who were complaining about Maynard remaining distant and in the shadows obviously don't know TOOL very well; this is a huge element to Maynard's persona as a TOOL counterpart, and it is PART of the band's act & "image" (which isn't an image at all). He has been doing this for as long as I remember, and it is always done on purpose in order for him not to detract from the band's overall presence. As for the rest of the guys, they played in their "zen" positions, as one fan mentioned above, and were comfortable with that.

TOOL has a BRAND NEW RECORD already recorded. It would have been fuckin' sweet to have heard one new teaser (and no, the alternate opening to Schism isn't good enough for me).

And, another thing ... Danny didn't even seem to HAVE a tabla with him?!!? I know they only played 1 song off of the 10,000 DAYS LP (which has a LOT of tabla in it), but he DID use it occasionally on the LATERALUS LP ... or I wish he could have added new tabla sounds to old songs that they DID play, but he didn't play the tabla AT ALL. I've been pondering over the reasons for this.

None of the songs they played were rearranged at all, or included alternate-sounding bridges to spice up the songs from their original recordings (except the new alternate intro to Schism, which didn't impress me). This usually is a good thing, however, but with TOOL, I mean, they didn't even play the "New Light" / SALIVAL version of my favorite song, PUSHIT -- it was the original --- this is because DANNY DIDN'T BRING A FUCKING TABLA WITH HIM!!! (The song was still amazing to see live though.)

And to not play a SINGLE song from UNDERTOW or OPIATE is extremely disappointing. The reason for this, though, is, as many fans seem all-too-easily to forget, is that TOOL DID have a DIFFERENT BASSIST during the recording of those masterpieces, and, in a way, was a completely different band back then.

Also, the long hypnotizing drone before the closer (Aenima-pefect closer), as we know, very much like SALIVAL's LAMC, was meant to be extremely annoying. The band also seemed to use this time to emotionally prepare to play AENIMA, a very important, relevant song in today's world (also a Grammy winner.). Still, I agree with that one guy that they shoulda used that time to play something from their older records... at least ONE SONG! I mean, I woulda SHIT MY PANTS to have seen them perform the title track "Undertow" or "4 Degrees" (one of my favorite songs of all time), which, sadly, as we all know, will never, EVER happen, EVER.

Overall, this was an INCREDIBLY MEMORABLE experience for a DIE-HARD FAN!!! (In my opinion, we fans should really take the time to appreciate what they DID do great, and not focus so much on the shittier elements of their performance .... at least WE GOT TO SEE TOOL! FUCK YEAH!!!)
Bulwyf
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prana.surge View Post
While not as big a change as the salival version of Pushit, they did have that sped up section in Schism and a Danny solo in Lateralus for something new. Still kind of wish we had some drum battles in lateralus on the east coast :(
Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
While not as big a change as the salival version of Pushit, they did have that sped up section in Schism and a Danny solo in Lateralus for something new. Still kind of wish we had some drum battles in lateralus on the east coast :(
tool8loot
02-03-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:

Good stuff man! Fan since 1993 and will be until I die. Best band ever! 10th time seeing them (1st in Boston) and it was just as memorable to me as it was seeing them for the first time (Toronto 1996). Would've been nice to hear something from Undertow, something other than Sober, but even that would've been ok.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Good stuff man! Fan since 1993 and will be until I die. Best band ever! 10th time seeing them (1st in Boston) and it was just as memorable to me as it was seeing them for the first time (Toronto 1996). Would've been nice to hear something from Undertow, something other than Sober, but even that would've been ok.
Brett Weir
02-03-2012, 04:15 PM

prana.surge
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0 Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================================================== =======

I agree with all of your post except this part. Up until 2009 (the last time I saw them before 1/28/12) they were playing at least one tune every night off Undertow. I've seen Opiate, Flood, Sober, Prison Sex, Crawl Away and Bottom played in the Justin Chancellor era. I think it has less to do with who's playing bass as it does the band more changing their philosophies and leaving some of those tunes in the past. (in my humble opinion)
Long Beach, CA: 11/24/02

Last edited by Brett Weir; 02-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: 'cause I fucked it up then wanted to fix it. Dur
Old 02-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #57
Level 3 - Talker

prana.surge
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0 Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================================================== =======

I agree with all of your post except this part. Up until 2009 (the last time I saw them before 1/28/12) they were playing at least one tune every night off Undertow. I've seen Opiate, Flood, Sober, Prison Sex, Crawl Away and Bottom played in the Justin Chancellor era. I think it has less to do with who's playing bass as it does the band more changing their philosophies and leaving some of those tunes in the past. (in my humble opinion)
Long Beach, CA: 11/24/02

Last edited by Brett Weir; 02-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: 'cause I fucked it up then wanted to fix it. Dur
Luis_S
02-12-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_S View Post
A raw & beautiful performance. My first opportunity to catch Tool perform live and they did not disappoint. Ticks & Leeches & Push it were off the hook, I believe Danny got to shine on 1 of these. The performance, the imagery, the atmosphere was kick ass! We(Boston)rock, as does Tool!
We also got to here some new intrumental material by way of an intro to Schism.

Loge3 row 14
!
We got to hear some new instrumental material by way of an intro to Schism.(correction)
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_S View Post
A raw & beautiful performance. My first opportunity to catch Tool perform live and they did not disappoint. Ticks & Leeches & Push it were off the hook, I believe Danny got to shine on 1 of these. The performance, the imagery, the atmosphere was kick ass! We(Boston)rock, as does Tool!
We also got to here some new intrumental material by way of an intro to Schism.

Loge3 row 14
!
We got to hear some new instrumental material by way of an intro to Schism.(correction)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply