Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
champion's Avatar champion
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
Or because the band wanted to stop their big hoax from being disproven before they want it to be.
No, there was an embargo to make sure they had control over the information that was released. They try to keep their albums from leaking onto the internet, and the embargo was a smart way to do that.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #121
Banned.

Bincount™: 360
Re: The Ultimate Blair E-Mail

Quote:
Or because the band wanted to stop their big hoax from being disproven before they want it to be.
No, there was an embargo to make sure they had control over the information that was released. They try to keep their albums from leaking onto the internet, and the embargo was a smart way to do that.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Systolic
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion
Blair has said so many times that there is an embargo just in case the band makes any last-minute changes. Considering the album has been printed, the embargo is no longer in effect.
It is though! The embargo isnt one until April, according to Blair.

I'll go dig up that email too if i have to.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #122
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Quote:
Blair has said so many times that there is an embargo just in case the band makes any last-minute changes. Considering the album has been printed, the embargo is no longer in effect.

03-15-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
If the embargo was that serious, why isn't Andy King facing a lawsuit?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #123
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
03-15-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:

It was until April 13. But now that the album has been officially printed and Tool has released information on their promotional tour, the embargo is probably overwith. Or, maybe it's still in effect, to keep information quiet still.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #124
Banned.

Quote:

It was until April 13. But now that the album has been officially printed and Tool has released information on their promotional tour, the embargo is probably overwith. Or, maybe it's still in effect, to keep information quiet still.
Systolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
how would any reviews ruin the "hoax"?

they released no album name or track names
Read the PS at the end of the email...
It was a valid observation that I accidentally omitted from the email I sent him.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #125
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
how would any reviews ruin the "hoax"?

they released no album name or track names
It was a valid observation that I accidentally omitted from the email I sent him.

Quote:
Andy King stated that the embargo was not given to him. If he didn't agree to an embargo, he could not have broken it.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #126
Banned.

Quote:
Andy King stated that the embargo was not given to him. If he didn't agree to an embargo, he could not have broken it.
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal

this is kind of odd though. You are all making a great arguement. But there is one inconsistency that I'm seeing. And forgive me, but most of the fake art work that has been found all state the album to be 10,000 Days (and these didn't surface until after Blair posted that update). there have been a very few that state the title is not 10,000 Days. So I guess my question is, if Blair said the artwork would leak soon, why hasn't it actually leaked? If it has, and we've seen it, why hasn't it been confirmed?

Tracklistings go out, and everyone can't decide if its real or fake, and he finally puts up a tracklisting.

Artwork goes out...but yet, no official picture of the artwork.

Basically what I'm trying to say if I'm being too inconsistent is this: if the artwork was going to be leaked, why wasn't it just posted on Toolband?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #127
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

this is kind of odd though. You are all making a great arguement. But there is one inconsistency that I'm seeing. And forgive me, but most of the fake art work that has been found all state the album to be 10,000 Days (and these didn't surface until after Blair posted that update). there have been a very few that state the title is not 10,000 Days. So I guess my question is, if Blair said the artwork would leak soon, why hasn't it actually leaked? If it has, and we've seen it, why hasn't it been confirmed?

Tracklistings go out, and everyone can't decide if its real or fake, and he finally puts up a tracklisting.

Basically what I'm trying to say if I'm being too inconsistent is this: if the artwork was going to be leaked, why wasn't it just posted on Toolband?
03-15-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
First of all, that is a U.

Second of all, that picture was from a while ago, as you stated. So, when somebody made the Aldaraia track-listing, don't you think that maybe he took that bit of information to make it seem more legitimate?

Third of all, even it does in some fucked up way spell Thorn, what does that do to imply that it's the name of a song?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #128
Banned.

Quote:

Second of all, that picture was from a while ago, as you stated. So, when somebody made the Aldaraia track-listing, don't you think that maybe he took that bit of information to make it seem more legitimate?

Third of all, even it does in some fucked up way spell Thorn, what does that do to imply that it's the name of a song?
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag

Quote:
Still looks like a lowercase t, slightly smeared.
did you zoom in?

it's this shape: |_|
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #129
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
Still looks like a lowercase t, slightly smeared.
did you zoom in?

it's this shape: |_|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal

I'm not sure about why the artwork has not yet leaked. Maybe he thought it was going to, and it just hasn't yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #130
Banned.

Quote:

I'm not sure about why the artwork has not yet leaked. Maybe he thought it was going to, and it just hasn't yet.
Systolic
03-15-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Because it muddles the issue even more.

You have to think of my argument almost like conspiracy theory. Again I state that I think that Tool's point, in the case that my observations are correct, is to show the anonymity and generally untrustable spread of information through the internet.

If my observations are right, then what you are suggesting is merely another way of making sure that the hoax holds up. It covers the OTHER inconsistencies.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #131
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

You have to think of my argument almost like conspiracy theory. Again I state that I think that Tool's point, in the case that my observations are correct, is to show the anonymity and generally untrustable spread of information through the internet.

If my observations are right, then what you are suggesting is merely another way of making sure that the hoax holds up. It covers the OTHER inconsistencies.
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:

The Aldaraia tracklist had track #1 as being "The Thorn".
Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #132
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

03-15-2006, 02:50 PM

im just gonna say this much....I'm leaning heavily towards thinking the 10,000 days track list is in fact the real thing. Why? Well, they clearly didnt need to write a fake track list at this point. Because eveyone would just continue to come up with reasons to doubt it, and write their own fakes.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:50 PM   #133
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 33

im just gonna say this much....I'm leaning heavily towards thinking the 10,000 days track list is in fact the real thing. Why? Well, they clearly didnt need to write a fake track list at this point. Because eveyone would just continue to come up with reasons to doubt it, and write their own fakes.
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Didn't you read my post? The Thorn was a track on Aldaraia, which has been proven to be completely fake. The guy probably saw that photo and put The Thorn on there to make it seem more legitimate.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #134
Banned.

Quote:
Exactly. Didn't you read my post? The Thorn was a track on Aldaraia, which has been proven to be completely fake. The guy probably saw that photo and put The Thorn on there to make it seem more legitimate.
Systolic
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM

One thing that everyone should know is that while I have indeed found some inconsistencies in Blair's statements, I have not said once that I am claiming this to be a fact. Its a big speculation, supported by evidence Blair has given us himself.

Its really just for fun for me, but I also wanted to prove a point, and hopefully discover something along the way that might calm things down around here some.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #135
Level 9 - Obstreperous

One thing that everyone should know is that while I have indeed found some inconsistencies in Blair's statements, I have not said once that I am claiming this to be a fact. Its a big speculation, supported by evidence Blair has given us himself.

Its really just for fun for me, but I also wanted to prove a point, and hopefully discover something along the way that might calm things down around here some.
03-15-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:

You obviously havent read my PS... I stated that idea before I even created a thread with my theory.

My theory, summed up was this -

Oh screw it I'll go copy and paste it here.

emember the Aldaraia tracklisting?

Track 1 - The Thorn

I just emailed Blair about that, because believe it or not, NOW I am more convinced that Aldaraia had more truth to it than we acknolwedge... ESPECIALLY considering that those pictures were taken WAY back in June. Call me crazy if you want, but I have always had this strange premonition about Aldaraia, even after it wa "admitted" as being a hoax. I've just never exprsessed that on here because I kewn it would just incite anger and rage.

Oh well, we'll see in due time.
I see it like this - - Its only the internet. The guy who "made that up" could have been anyone...

Think about it like this - what better way to stop leaks and extra attention being given to the real tracklisting than by making it a lie from the start? Maybe its just conspiracy theory, and maybe I'm crazy..
BUT

Those track titles had more correlation with Blairs postings, and the little subtlties, i.e. The latin reference to 23 on Adam's myspace, the enochian reference involving roswell and the hidden airfield (Laiad Kayenth), the news on toolband some time back about the "sequel to Lateralus", etc. than anything I have seen yet, INCLUDING 10,000 days. Its just a feeling I have. I'm probably wrong.

Seriously.. how do you explain "Thorn" on his hand? I dont think its coincidence.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #136
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

You obviously havent read my PS... I stated that idea before I even created a thread with my theory.

My theory, summed up was this -

Oh screw it I'll go copy and paste it here.

emember the Aldaraia tracklisting?

Track 1 - The Thorn

I just emailed Blair about that, because believe it or not, NOW I am more convinced that Aldaraia had more truth to it than we acknolwedge... ESPECIALLY considering that those pictures were taken WAY back in June. Call me crazy if you want, but I have always had this strange premonition about Aldaraia, even after it wa "admitted" as being a hoax. I've just never exprsessed that on here because I kewn it would just incite anger and rage.

Oh well, we'll see in due time.
I see it like this - - Its only the internet. The guy who "made that up" could have been anyone...

Think about it like this - what better way to stop leaks and extra attention being given to the real tracklisting than by making it a lie from the start? Maybe its just conspiracy theory, and maybe I'm crazy..
BUT

Those track titles had more correlation with Blairs postings, and the little subtlties, i.e. The latin reference to 23 on Adam's myspace, the enochian reference involving roswell and the hidden airfield (Laiad Kayenth), the news on toolband some time back about the "sequel to Lateralus", etc. than anything I have seen yet, INCLUDING 10,000 days. Its just a feeling I have. I'm probably wrong.

Seriously.. how do you explain "Thorn" on his hand? I dont think its coincidence.
03-15-2006, 02:53 PM

I never thought it was a lifework or anything. Just something to do.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #137
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:

basically i was agreeing with you. There are too many inconsistencies, and the only way to put those to rest is to see the final artwork. If the title is on the artwork, then he needs to release it, especially since its already been "leaked."
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #138
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:

basically i was agreeing with you. There are too many inconsistencies, and the only way to put those to rest is to see the final artwork. If the title is on the artwork, then he needs to release it, especially since its already been "leaked."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavlin
Which is exactly what Blair said in the latest ToolArmy update. Something along the lines of "all of these fake track-listings circulating around saved the band the trouble of creating one themselves."
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #139
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavlin
Which is exactly what Blair said in the latest ToolArmy update. Something along the lines of "all of these fake track-listings circulating around saved the band the trouble of creating one themselves."
Systolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux

I just hope that even if I am wrong I don't get flamed out the ass for attempting. I mean I really made myself vulnerable with this attempt, you know?

But at least I'm catching some eyes.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #140
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux

I just hope that even if I am wrong I don't get flamed out the ass for attempting. I mean I really made myself vulnerable with this attempt, you know?

But at least I'm catching some eyes.

Ugh, Im writing an essay on passing initiatives in the state of CA and it's lame... but it's better than this bs, lol.. anyone wanna go smoke some Pot?
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #141
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Ugh, Im writing an essay on passing initiatives in the state of CA and it's lame... but it's better than this bs, lol.. anyone wanna go smoke some Pot?
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-15-2006, 02:56 PM

this thread is more rumour then fact.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #142
Level 7 - Loquacious

this thread is more rumour then fact.
Systolic
03-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, thats a good catch too.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #143
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yes, thats a good catch too.
03-15-2006, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Which shows that you can't put it past them to do something like that as well.......
Old 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #144
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Which shows that you can't put it past them to do something like that as well.......
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM

Systolic, I think you're an idiot, because you clearly posted this with the conception that you were some God of the forums cracking the code of Tool's hoax. But when people stood up to you and told you that you're being a dumbass, you've leveled down and just "I'm just doing this for fun."
Old 03-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #145
Banned.

Systolic, I think you're an idiot, because you clearly posted this with the conception that you were some God of the forums cracking the code of Tool's hoax. But when people stood up to you and told you that you're being a dumbass, you've leveled down and just "I'm just doing this for fun."
03-15-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
But why would he lie?

He mocked Aldaraia, and said that the new tracks are much more down-to-earth than those, and that, thanks to fake listings as that one, the band was saved the trouble of making one themselves. Why would the band go through THIS MUCH TROUBLE, this late in the album process, to create a hoax?

The hoax is created by the people who so badly want there to be one, that they manipulate any bit of information they can, which can be viewed in many different ways at this point.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #146
Banned.

Quote:
But why would he lie?

He mocked Aldaraia, and said that the new tracks are much more down-to-earth than those, and that, thanks to fake listings as that one, the band was saved the trouble of making one themselves. Why would the band go through THIS MUCH TROUBLE, this late in the album process, to create a hoax?

The hoax is created by the people who so badly want there to be one, that they manipulate any bit of information they can, which can be viewed in many different ways at this point.
psims23
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM

You guys have fallen of the cliff that is factual evidence into the pit of speculation.. both of you stop it, there's thorns down there :)
Old 03-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #147
Level 7 - Loquacious

You guys have fallen of the cliff that is factual evidence into the pit of speculation.. both of you stop it, there's thorns down there :)
Crucify the Ego
03-15-2006, 03:01 PM

Systolic you have done no more "research" then anyone else who has read the newsletters. Your only "evidence" comes from the same source your claiming to be lying to you.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #148
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Systolic you have done no more "research" then anyone else who has read the newsletters. Your only "evidence" comes from the same source your claiming to be lying to you.
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM

It's obvious why 10,000 days is Adam's favorite album, because Maynard let him name a song:

*Maynard makes a ham sandwich, sits at table, starts eating it*

*Adam walk into kitchen nervously and awkardly, sits at table*

*Maynard continues eating with suspicion to Adam's body language*

Adam:......so maynard, about that last song we did......

Maynard: ...yes?.....

Adam: I was just wondering.....I've been reading up on the meaning of numbers, and found out that 23 could be a good fit for it....it's about finality and love and stuff...

*Maynard continues eating sandwich*

Adam: .........

Maynard: ...........

Adam: so um.....you think we can we call it 23?

Maynard: .............

Maynard: *swallows his last bite and stops chewing* :sigh, ok, we can call it 23.

Adam: *exhales and gets up fast and excited* Oohh thanks man! I promise it'll be a cool ti-

Maynard *cutting him off*: -IF we spell 23 in some other language, like latin or something.

Adam: Oh yeah ok that's fine man, that's cool, whatever. Thanks man. All right then catch you later.

*Adam walks away with a cool swagger out of the kitchen. Once out of Maynard's site, does a happy dance*
Old 03-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #149
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

It's obvious why 10,000 days is Adam's favorite album, because Maynard let him name a song:

*Maynard makes a ham sandwich, sits at table, starts eating it*

*Adam walk into kitchen nervously and awkardly, sits at table*

*Maynard continues eating with suspicion to Adam's body language*

Adam:......so maynard, about that last song we did......

Maynard: ...yes?.....

Adam: I was just wondering.....I've been reading up on the meaning of numbers, and found out that 23 could be a good fit for it....it's about finality and love and stuff...

*Maynard continues eating sandwich*

Maynard: ...........

Adam: so um.....you think we can we call it 23?

Maynard: .............

Maynard: *swallows his last bite and stops chewing* :sigh, ok, we can call it 23.

Adam: *exhales and gets up fast and excited* Oohh thanks man! I promise it'll be a cool ti-

Maynard *cutting him off*: -IF we spell 23 in some other language, like latin or something.

Adam: Oh yeah ok that's fine man, that's cool, whatever. Thanks man. All right then catch you later.

*Adam walks away with a cool swagger out of the kitchen. Once out of Maynard's site, does a happy dance*
Systolic

Quote:

No, if you look at the thread in which these ideas were originally shown you'll see on MULTIPLE occasions where I stated that it was all speculation.

The people there agreed, and they convinced me to complie it all and send it to Blair in one big email.

There are a lot more people on my side than you think, Champ.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #150
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

No, if you look at the thread in which these ideas were originally shown you'll see on MULTIPLE occasions where I stated that it was all speculation.

The people there agreed, and they convinced me to complie it all and send it to Blair in one big email.

There are a lot more people on my side than you think, Champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucify the Ego
*gasp*
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 03-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #151
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:
*gasp*
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
psims23
03-15-2006, 03:03 PM

haha, the site of Adam doing a happy dance brings me immense joy
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #152
Level 7 - Loquacious

haha, the site of Adam doing a happy dance brings me immense joy
insaner's Avatar insaner

dude...
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #153
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

dude...
Systolic

Quote:
Which is my entire point!

Jesus people, how many times do I have to say this??? Read what I say! The internet is the PERFECT medium to use to send out false information!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #154
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Which is my entire point!

Jesus people, how many times do I have to say this??? Read what I say! The internet is the PERFECT medium to use to send out false information!
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM

And round and round we go. Hey, who's up for some vaginal replication?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #155
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

And round and round we go. Hey, who's up for some vaginal replication?
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner
dude...
?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #156
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner
dude...
?
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM

I think its far too long to be read by Blair, I think he will chuck it, thats all.
The length is what bothers most people I think.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #157
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think its far too long to be read by Blair, I think he will chuck it, thats all.
The length is what bothers most people I think.
Systolic
03-15-2006, 03:09 PM

Actually rather than stickying this, I kind of wish Paraflux would lock it now... because no one has stacked up the same amount or more evidence disproving what I have said than I originally posted. I havent seen as many consistencies to arise since I pointed out the inconsistencies... because there is NOTHING consistent about the album at this point. All we have "proving" 10,000 Days as being true is a bunch of muddled up lingo from Blair. Nothing from the band.

I mean, if you're going to discredit my efforts, at least put some effort into it yourself.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #158
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Actually rather than stickying this, I kind of wish Paraflux would lock it now... because no one has stacked up the same amount or more evidence disproving what I have said than I originally posted. I havent seen as many consistencies to arise since I pointed out the inconsistencies... because there is NOTHING consistent about the album at this point. All we have "proving" 10,000 Days as being true is a bunch of muddled up lingo from Blair. Nothing from the band.

I mean, if you're going to discredit my efforts, at least put some effort into it yourself.
03-15-2006, 03:10 PM

maybe he should just erase it, because you're being a total dick about it.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #159
Level 7 - Loquacious

maybe he should just erase it, because you're being a total dick about it.
HalfASandwidch
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
But then that would require thought and research...
Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #160
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

Quote:
But then that would require thought and research...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply