Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
i know, i'm coming out of left-field with this one...

but how can you guys listen to "the grudge" and NOT attribute it to the analytical mind? are you fucking kidding me?! Calculate, Desperate to control, Unable to forgive, Justify denials, Terrified of being wrong = Ultimatum prison cell. Ignorant to the damage done. Defining, confining, controlling...

here, educate yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral...brain_function

the grudge = left ("i know") +1
eon blue = corpus callosum &
the patient = right ("i feel") -1

mantra = meditate on that!^

schism = whole-brain, enlightenment
(hence fireball in vid, bringin' it back to zero/nature)

+1 & -1 = zero (hence, the parabola) = unconditional one, no bias/judgment.
"you believed in ME a passionate spirit uncompromised boundless and open"

no past, no future ..."choosing to be here right NOW (present)"

parabol/a = rebirf ("so familiar and overwhelmingly warm")

now, try it again...
For the moment, let's pretend our leaking glass is not only half full (*cough*), but billowing over with tasty, spicy hot, creative juices (shut yo mouf and start making use of your right-hemisphere). Lot's of fun things occurring.
-puscifer

https://store.puscifer.com/index.php?cPath=27
and why would art save lives?

wowwwwwwwwwww, look at all the solid evidence there
...certainly enough for the analytical mind, no? yyyyyyyet?
Just shut the fuck u already, Jesus Christ man. Nothing you say has any logic WHATSOEVER. You ask if we don't see the Grudge as being related to the right and left brain hemispheres but then your reasoning is you throw together all sorts of random bullshit where 90% is some shit you pulled out of your ass, 9% is about a different song altogether and then the remaining 1% is maybe the song title of the Grudge that you actually got correct along with maybe a line or two from the song itself.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #81
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: am i crazy or..

Quote:
i know, i'm coming out of left-field with this one...

but how can you guys listen to "the grudge" and NOT attribute it to the analytical mind? are you fucking kidding me?! Calculate, Desperate to control, Unable to forgive, Justify denials, Terrified of being wrong = Ultimatum prison cell. Ignorant to the damage done. Defining, confining, controlling...

here, educate yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral...brain_function

the grudge = left ("i know") +1
eon blue = corpus callosum &
the patient = right ("i feel") -1

mantra = meditate on that!^

schism = whole-brain, enlightenment
(hence fireball in vid, bringin' it back to zero/nature)

+1 & -1 = zero (hence, the parabola) = unconditional one, no bias/judgment.
"you believed in ME a passionate spirit uncompromised boundless and open"

no past, no future ..."choosing to be here right NOW (present)"

parabol/a = rebirf ("so familiar and overwhelmingly warm")

now, try it again...
For the moment, let's pretend our leaking glass is not only half full (*cough*), but billowing over with tasty, spicy hot, creative juices (shut yo mouf and start making use of your right-hemisphere). Lot's of fun things occurring.
-puscifer

https://store.puscifer.com/index.php?cPath=27
and why would art save lives?

wowwwwwwwwwww, look at all the solid evidence there
...certainly enough for the analytical mind, no? yyyyyyyet?
Just shut the fuck u already, Jesus Christ man. Nothing you say has any logic WHATSOEVER. You ask if we don't see the Grudge as being related to the right and left brain hemispheres but then your reasoning is you throw together all sorts of random bullshit where 90% is some shit you pulled out of your ass, 9% is about a different song altogether and then the remaining 1% is maybe the song title of the Grudge that you actually got correct along with maybe a line or two from the song itself.
04-22-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
original post, rolo. never EVER heard that one.
but it's what we (the left-hemisphere people) do!
instead of just saying "HALT!", though ...i'm offering this vantage.
The only thing you're offering is an insight into the mind of a fucking lunatic.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
The only thing you're offering is an insight into the mind of a fucking lunatic.
04-22-2008, 06:06 AM

it's all right there. i gave you the lyrics within the grudge, and then a description of the left-hemisphere's main functions. perfect match. i continued the theory by matching it's reflection ...the patient ...to the loving, abstract, intuitive, and eternally aesthetic right-hemisphere. yet another perfect match. THEN!!! i related BOTH of these within the whole "i KNOW the pieces fit" ...so that you might be able to say to yo-self "well, i'll keep digging 'til i FEEL something". perfect. stinkfist/schism videos symbolizes unification and enlightenment, through fierry explosions and color ...by the end of BOTH of those videos > whole-brain. just like the 10,000 days album liners. black/white net of being ...to spectral net of being. 100% logical. basically the two poles of the ONE mind had come together, realizing the holy trinity, central flame, tetrahedron, great pyramid, unconditional one*. this stupid theory of mine has run 'round circle sooooo many goddamn times (and i'm serious, i could go on for awhile with these "perfect" connections).

so, again, where're the holes ...m' one lying rue? (heh)

why am i pushing this perception? am i really the only one thinking this? not at all. video commentary "is this your brain on tool?" ...look, if you're not going to take such subtle hints, or at least wonder WHY that needed to be said ...then how do you ever expect the domino chain-reaction mobius strip ankh effectfect to completely fuck you up? "hope this is what you wanted, 'cause this is what you're getting". seems direct. like, hey...they're talking about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ONE.

ONE sea (of names) - mer de noms. (oh snap, apc territory.)
"nameless now!" ...so, "and you will come to find, that we are all ONE mind"

the universe is hostile, so impersonal
(that is to say? ...we're one in the same / cruicfy the ego;
definitely not the first time this has been mentioned within tool)

put it together already... or at least know that it can be.
(and don't settle on it, just consider the possibility. ...that's all i'm saying)

* why the fuck do you think they threw in that stereoscopic concept? a gimmick? no. look over and really think about the packaging for the vicarious dvd. one 3-d image (heightened dimensionality), from two opposing and intergrated 2-d images. it's symbolic, a direct metaphor. anyone else get that? no?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 06:30 AM..
Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 AM   #83
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

it's all right there. i gave you the lyrics within the grudge, and then a description of the left-hemisphere's main functions. perfect match. i continued the theory by matching it's reflection ...the patient ...to the loving, abstract, intuitive, and eternally aesthetic right-hemisphere. yet another perfect match. THEN!!! i related BOTH of these within the whole "i KNOW the pieces fit" ...so that you might be able to say to yo-self "well, i'll keep digging 'til i FEEL something". perfect. stinkfist/schism videos symbolizes unification and enlightenment, through fierry explosions and color ...by the end of BOTH of those videos > whole-brain. just like the 10,000 days album liners. black/white net of being ...to spectral net of being. 100% logical. basically the two poles of the ONE mind had come together, realizing the holy trinity, central flame, tetrahedron, great pyramid, unconditional one*. this stupid theory of mine has run 'round circle sooooo many goddamn times (and i'm serious, i could go on for awhile with these "perfect" connections).

so, again, where're the holes ...m' one lying rue? (heh)

why am i pushing this perception? am i really the only one thinking this? not at all. video commentary "is this your brain on tool?" ...look, if you're not going to take such subtle hints, or at least wonder WHY that needed to be said ...then how do you ever expect the domino chain-reaction mobius strip ankh effectfect to completely fuck you up? "hope this is what you wanted, 'cause this is what you're getting". seems direct. like, hey...they're talking about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... ONE.

ONE sea (of names) - mer de noms. (oh snap, apc territory.)
"nameless now!" ...so, "and you will come to find, that we are all ONE mind"

the universe is hostile, so impersonal
(that is to say? ...we're one in the same / cruicfy the ego;
definitely not the first time this has been mentioned within tool)

put it together already... or at least know that it can be.
(and don't settle on it, just consider the possibility. ...that's all i'm saying)

* why the fuck do you think they threw in that stereoscopic concept? a gimmick? no. look over and really think about the packaging for the vicarious dvd. one 3-d image (heightened dimensionality), from two opposing and intergrated 2-d images. it's symbolic, a direct metaphor. anyone else get that? no?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 06:30 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Kody27
04-22-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Isn't the left hemisphere the analytical, non-intuitive, logical, robot side?
You wanna be one of those people?
ok i can't help myself any longer.

My shadow's Shedding skin (HIS SHADOW IS A SNAKE, OUROBORORS?!?!)

and I've been picking scabs again.(iT'S NEVER GOING TO HEAL TEE HEE)

I'm down digging through my old muscles looking for a clue.(SCRAPE OUT YOUR MUSCLES, AND PLAY CLUE, MR. MUSTARD IN THE KITCHEN WITH A CANDLESTICK!!!!!)

I've been crawling on my belly clearing out what could've been. (HE'S SHITTING ON HIMSELF)

I've been wallowing in my own confused and insecure delusions (WALLOWING, WILLOW, MIDGETS? LSD? THE BEATLES?!?!?!!) DO YOU SEE HOW EVERYTHING IS RELATED?!?!?!?!?!

for a piece to cross me over or a word to guide me in. (PIECE OF A WORD, PI-RD, BIRD TURD)

I wanna feel the changes coming down. I wanna know what I've been hiding (SPIRAL OUT KEEP DIGGING UNTIL YOU FEEL SOMETHING, GODS PENIS)

in my shadow. Change is coming through my shadow.(HIS SHADOW IS GIVING HIM MONEY, CHANGE IS COMING THROUGH, LIKE THE SHADOW FROM PETER PAN THAT BITCH OWES HIM MONEY, PETER PAN, CAPTAIN HOOK SHMI, SHMIGEL, BOB SAGET?)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 AM   #84
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

I'm down digging through my old muscles looking for a clue.(SCRAPE OUT YOUR MUSCLES, AND PLAY CLUE, MR. MUSTARD IN THE KITCHEN WITH A CANDLESTICK!!!!!)

I've been crawling on my belly clearing out what could've been. (HE'S SHITTING ON HIMSELF)

I've been wallowing in my own confused and insecure delusions (WALLOWING, WILLOW, MIDGETS? LSD? THE BEATLES?!?!?!!) DO YOU SEE HOW EVERYTHING IS RELATED?!?!?!?!?!

for a piece to cross me over or a word to guide me in. (PIECE OF A WORD, PI-RD, BIRD TURD)

I wanna feel the changes coming down. I wanna know what I've been hiding (SPIRAL OUT KEEP DIGGING UNTIL YOU FEEL SOMETHING, GODS PENIS)

in my shadow. Change is coming through my shadow.(HIS SHADOW IS GIVING HIM MONEY, CHANGE IS COMING THROUGH, LIKE THE SHADOW FROM PETER PAN THAT BITCH OWES HIM MONEY, PETER PAN, CAPTAIN HOOK SHMI, SHMIGEL, BOB SAGET?)
04-22-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post

That made absolutely NO fucking sense, and it's the best impression I've seen yet. =-)
Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #85
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post

That made absolutely NO fucking sense, and it's the best impression I've seen yet. =-)
04-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
I find it interesting that, during these discussions, the participants often align themselves to dichotomous elements of the thematic structure present within the very thing they are discussing.
**scratches head**
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #86
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I find it interesting that, during these discussions, the participants often align themselves to dichotomous elements of the thematic structure present within the very thing they are discussing.
**scratches head**
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
teehee. i also think it's ironic that my sanity came into question during a thread entitled "am i crazy or..."

sometimes it's right there in front of 'em.

but no. i can't even begin to believe that we're dichotomizing anything. this is the internet, and we really don't know who each of us are. therefore, i mean, i would suppose that because of this fact there shouldn't be any specific reference points in which to point the finger from. and yet... idk, i just don't get it. anyways, this perspective has been presented enough, and i doubt you'll purposefully ignore it in order to spite me - but if it never comes to be, then so be it. i'm just that little voice that says "hey, guys ... maybe this as well?" - so, whatever. the idea has been planted. i certainly hope you enjoy whatever may sprout.

if anyone on this forum has any questions... i'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #87
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
teehee. i also think it's ironic that my sanity came into question during a thread entitled "am i crazy or..."

sometimes it's right there in front of 'em.

but no. i can't even begin to believe that we're dichotomizing anything. this is the internet, and we really don't know who each of us are. therefore, i mean, i would suppose that because of this fact there shouldn't be any specific reference points in which to point the finger from. and yet... idk, i just don't get it. anyways, this perspective has been presented enough, and i doubt you'll purposefully ignore it in order to spite me - but if it never comes to be, then so be it. i'm just that little voice that says "hey, guys ... maybe this as well?" - so, whatever. the idea has been planted. i certainly hope you enjoy whatever may sprout.

if anyone on this forum has any questions... i'll be pleasantly surprised.
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
(yes, it is proper English to say "tool address".)
I don't believe anyone said anything to the contrary.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #88
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
(yes, it is proper English to say "tool address".)
I don't believe anyone said anything to the contrary.
04-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Of course. Tool represents a group of men and not an individual so you would say Tool address, just as you would say "they" address. I would, however, definitely capitalize Tool when referring to the band.

I think if MA used proper puncuation and grammar in presenting his complex, scattered, and inter-connecting ideas, that it really wouldn't make much difference as the Bash Clique would continue flaming him regardless. I sure would appreciate it though!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #89
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0

Of course. Tool represents a group of men and not an individual so you would say Tool address, just as you would say "they" address. I would, however, definitely capitalize Tool when referring to the band.

I think if MA used proper puncuation and grammar in presenting his complex, scattered, and inter-connecting ideas, that it really wouldn't make much difference as the Bash Clique would continue flaming him regardless. I sure would appreciate it though!
04-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
That's not ironic, that's clearly what was expected from the situation.
it's ironic that you felt a need to write about it, to judge my views/character/life ...even though it never needed to be said in the first place. ummmmm... it kinda proves, or reflects rather, the whole "talking monkey" thing within "right in two".

shut up shut up shut up you(feveredego)'re saturating ME(unconditional).

one more,
"remember i'll(unconditional) always love you
even as i tear your fuckin' throat away(hushhhhhhhhhhh!)...
it will end no other way"

speakin' of hush...
"fuck you(feveredego)!!!" ...if you ever wondered why mjk's an 'asshole' to fans... it's because you worship him as being separate from you. that's a pathological lie. stop it. the true stars are not in hollywood, mind you. "i'm the man, you're the man, he's the man..." :)

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #90
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
That's not ironic, that's clearly what was expected from the situation.
it's ironic that you felt a need to write about it, to judge my views/character/life ...even though it never needed to be said in the first place. ummmmm... it kinda proves, or reflects rather, the whole "talking monkey" thing within "right in two".

shut up shut up shut up you(feveredego)'re saturating ME(unconditional).

one more,
"remember i'll(unconditional) always love you
even as i tear your fuckin' throat away(hushhhhhhhhhhh!)...
it will end no other way"

speakin' of hush...
"fuck you(feveredego)!!!" ...if you ever wondered why mjk's an 'asshole' to fans... it's because you worship him as being separate from you. that's a pathological lie. stop it. the true stars are not in hollywood, mind you. "i'm the man, you're the man, he's the man..." :)

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-22-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
ummmmm... it kinda proves, or reflects rather, the whole "talking monkey" thing within "right in two".
The talking monkey thing represents humans who haven't fully evolved from their beast-like mentalities does it not? How does him calling you crazy after you spur forth garble slightly reflect at what the song "Right in Two" is about? Tool is a band, not a... life force, really stop quoting them in every post.

And people wonder why Maynard is harsh on his fan base.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #91
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
ummmmm... it kinda proves, or reflects rather, the whole "talking monkey" thing within "right in two".
The talking monkey thing represents humans who haven't fully evolved from their beast-like mentalities does it not? How does him calling you crazy after you spur forth garble slightly reflect at what the song "Right in Two" is about? Tool is a band, not a... life force, really stop quoting them in every post.

AcidRain's Avatar AcidRain
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
you're all trapped in the late 90s with your jokes, you can only feel confident in your insecurities (lefty!)
Your MA'MAs so fat...
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #92
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
you're all trapped in the late 90s with your jokes, you can only feel confident in your insecurities (lefty!)
Your MA'MAs so fat...
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

we are the talking monkeys. we sit around naming shit, quantifying reality through science (as if it needed to be numerated), and have since forgotten the elegant ebbs and flows inherent throughout nature. we now need to see in order to believe. it used to be different. the cold anchors of science, government, education, dogma ...are no longer as relevant. things are happening. beautiful things. and change is the way. it's an ocean of chaos. hostile. calling me crazy because he's hung up in his own subjective reality does nothing; it's an empty gesture. you're trying to keep me in line or something? we're all a little crazy in our own ways. i mean, otherwise we'd all be robotic clones without any sense of novelty, right?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 10:28 AM..
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #93
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

we are the talking monkeys. we sit around naming shit, quantifying reality through science (as if it needed to be numerated), and have since forgotten the elegant ebbs and flows inherent throughout nature. we now need to see in order to believe. it used to be different. the cold anchors of science, government, education, dogma ...are no longer as relevant. things are happening. beautiful things. and change is the way. it's an ocean of chaos. hostile. calling me crazy because he's hung up in his own subjective reality does nothing; it's an empty gesture. you're trying to keep me in line or something? we're all a little crazy in our own ways. i mean, otherwise we'd all be robotic clones without any sense of novelty, right?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-22-2008 at 10:28 AM..
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Well what is the purpose of dissecting Tool songs, taking a line out of a sentence and applying it to something utterly irrelevant? I don't see your logic at all.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #94
Level 10 - Vehement

Well what is the purpose of dissecting Tool songs, taking a line out of a sentence and applying it to something utterly irrelevant? I don't see your logic at all.
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM

i'm starting from the left-hemisphere. that's why. a lot of us are trapped there. again, see it to believe it. but "faith can heal you"? i started wondering (right hemisphere) about that ...which sent me into the the downward spiral of general bewilderment ...the same spiral the male character makes out of the female's head within the schism video. it fascinates me, and i only want to broaden such an imagination and thirst for innovation. now i know (left) the pieces fit. ;)
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #95
Level 10 - Vehement

i'm starting from the left-hemisphere. that's why. a lot of us are trapped there. again, see it to believe it. but "faith can heal you"? i started wondering (right hemisphere) about that ...which sent me into the the downward spiral of general bewilderment ...the same spiral the male character makes out of the female's head within the schism video. it fascinates me, and i only want to broaden such an imagination and thirst for innovation. now i know (left) the pieces fit. ;)
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Thinking and analyzing about things are not functions of the right brain--but of the left. So you're calling us lefties while further establishing yourself as a left-mode thinker. Also, look around the rest of these forums. You are calling poets, painters, drawers and film makers left-brained thinkers, when they seem to use a perfect balance.

You on the other hand appear to have either smacked your head on a cinder block or are infact a senile being.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #96
Level 10 - Vehement

Thinking and analyzing about things are not functions of the right brain--but of the left. So you're calling us lefties while further establishing yourself as a left-mode thinker. Also, look around the rest of these forums. You are calling poets, painters, drawers and film makers left-brained thinkers, when they seem to use a perfect balance.

You on the other hand appear to have either smacked your head on a cinder block or are infact a senile being.
04-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
"talking monkey"
Fits you perfect
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #97
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
"talking monkey"
Fits you perfect
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
we're all a little crazy in our own ways.
Some are just blessed with being far more crazy than others...and I'd like to introduce you to my next act iAMTHEMa, the miraculous talking monkey.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #98
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
we're all a little crazy in our own ways.
Some are just blessed with being far more crazy than others...and I'd like to introduce you to my next act iAMTHEMa, the miraculous talking monkey.
04-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Forge a blade and beat your brother down.

Don't you silly monkeys realize that Eden has enough to go around?

I'm not sure that Maynard would be an asshole to him, as much as he would be an asshole to those that choose to forge their blade and beat him down.

So what if he rambles? So what if it makes no sense to you? So what if you disagree?

Is there not room in Eden for him to exist? Or do you have to divide it in two by exiling him?

There are really only about 5 or 6 people that post regularly here. A few others come and go. New ones come in, get bashed, get bored, and don't come back. Maybe because the regulars are silly monkeys forging blades of grade school wit and insults?

Instead of reading his post, deciding you think he's an idiot, then moving on to something productive, you all feel the need to perpetuate silly back and forth insults.

On the other hand, I guess if there must be enough room for him to exist, then there must be room for you pwners to exist as well.

I should take my own advice and stop reading these forums expecting some intelligent conversation to come along as one would think they should find in anything related to Tool, the band, and the consistenetly missed message.

Now smite me almighty smiterz!!!

Last edited by gjamison27; 04-22-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #99
Level 8 - Vociferous

I'm not sure that Maynard would be an asshole to him, as much as he would be an asshole to those that choose to forge their blade and beat him down.

So what if he rambles? So what if it makes no sense to you? So what if you disagree?

Is there not room in Eden for him to exist? Or do you have to divide it in two by exiling him?

There are really only about 5 or 6 people that post regularly here. A few others come and go. New ones come in, get bashed, get bored, and don't come back. Maybe because the regulars are silly monkeys forging blades of grade school wit and insults?

Instead of reading his post, deciding you think he's an idiot, then moving on to something productive, you all feel the need to perpetuate silly back and forth insults.

On the other hand, I guess if there must be enough room for him to exist, then there must be room for you pwners to exist as well.

I should take my own advice and stop reading these forums expecting some intelligent conversation to come along as one would think they should find in anything related to Tool, the band, and the consistenetly missed message.

Last edited by gjamison27; 04-22-2008 at 10:58 AM..
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjamison27 View Post

Quit your whining sissy
Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #100
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Quit your whining sissy
04-22-2008, 11:23 AM

Sorry...I relapse from time to time...
Old 04-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #101
Level 8 - Vociferous

04-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
It's ok, we know that's how you truly feel. It's sad that after befriending us that you would actually back someone up as fucking stupid and unstable as iAMTHEMa who's clearly not all there in the head. At least we know where you stand, now get back to your side of the line and turn in your jersey.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #102
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
It's ok, we know that's how you truly feel. It's sad that after befriending us that you would actually back someone up as fucking stupid and unstable as iAMTHEMa who's clearly not all there in the head. At least we know where you stand, now get back to your side of the line and turn in your jersey.
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM

Well I wasn't backing him persay...

It's just that all the negativity gets to me from time to time...

Shouldn't we all be improving everything around us?

Help show him the way...

Of course, if he chooses to "pull the trigger"...he should do it "somewhere far away from here".
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #103
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well I wasn't backing him persay...

It's just that all the negativity gets to me from time to time...

Shouldn't we all be improving everything around us?

Help show him the way...

Of course, if he chooses to "pull the trigger"...he should do it "somewhere far away from here".
04-22-2008, 11:48 AM

yeah, i can deal with the pwnerz. so far, it's been an easy ride. i take empty gestures for what they are: "a lot of nothing to say". so, slide on. anyways...

Quote:

two of ya must've missed this... 'cause (from first page):

Quote:
it's difficult, though. especially as tool seems to present themselves as if they know that the cause of most of our problems exist because we started pointing out from us, disconnecting from each other, naming things in the garden, and relying on "the grudge" side of our minds for "safety" and "comfort" ...we have indeed taken from the tree of knowledge (*coughs: adam's apple!*) - excuse me. it's difficult because, after all, to write anything on these boards ...to type out what's on my mind as if it somehow says it all ...is a pathe-logic-al la-la-la-la-la-la-lie. i'd just be defining and creating other such "cold and fated" anchors everywhere ...like the kind inner loves to throw around! so, yeah ...i know that the hypocrisy is there, right off the bat i do. tool's music, however, hides itself within something to be discussed ...but exists solely to incite the intuitive and abstract queen b (blue?) within all of us...
(^...and then tells us to shut the fuck up, hush, save our poison, etc.)

you're right, though, i am a monkey. i've already said this. so, you know, now who's regurgitating? i'm also iAMtheMA!. care to point the finger at me with that one, too? (what?)
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #104
Level 10 - Vehement

yeah, i can deal with the pwnerz. so far, it's been an easy ride. i take empty gestures for what they are: "a lot of nothing to say". so, slide on. anyways...

Quote:

two of ya must've missed this... 'cause (from first page):

Quote:
it's difficult, though. especially as tool seems to present themselves as if they know that the cause of most of our problems exist because we started pointing out from us, disconnecting from each other, naming things in the garden, and relying on "the grudge" side of our minds for "safety" and "comfort" ...we have indeed taken from the tree of knowledge (*coughs: adam's apple!*) - excuse me. it's difficult because, after all, to write anything on these boards ...to type out what's on my mind as if it somehow says it all ...is a pathe-logic-al la-la-la-la-la-la-lie. i'd just be defining and creating other such "cold and fated" anchors everywhere ...like the kind inner loves to throw around! so, yeah ...i know that the hypocrisy is there, right off the bat i do. tool's music, however, hides itself within something to be discussed ...but exists solely to incite the intuitive and abstract queen b (blue?) within all of us...
(^...and then tells us to shut the fuck up, hush, save our poison, etc.)

you're right, though, i am a monkey. i've already said this. so, you know, now who's regurgitating? i'm also iAMtheMA!. care to point the finger at me with that one, too? (what?)
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM

and i'm not calling you all lefters for not understanding this theory. that's ridiculous. i think that we're all much more well-rounded and balanced than we give ourselves credit for. ...we just hafta open up a little more and admit to certain things ...whatever they may be.

hey, i just thought of this idea .... "lay off the acid, dickhead. no puzzle here." know what i'm talking about? considering the lyrics of sober (i don't think i need to copy/paste 'em from my diary or whatever), couldn't this imply that there's a natural evolution to our deoxyribonucleic acid? kinda like say: "give away the stone...and let the waters kiss and transmutate..." just an idea. what do ya think?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #105
Level 10 - Vehement

and i'm not calling you all lefters for not understanding this theory. that's ridiculous. i think that we're all much more well-rounded and balanced than we give ourselves credit for. ...we just hafta open up a little more and admit to certain things ...whatever they may be.

hey, i just thought of this idea .... "lay off the acid, dickhead. no puzzle here." know what i'm talking about? considering the lyrics of sober (i don't think i need to copy/paste 'em from my diary or whatever), couldn't this imply that there's a natural evolution to our deoxyribonucleic acid? kinda like say: "give away the stone...and let the waters kiss and transmutate..." just an idea. what do ya think?
04-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Okay, I apologize for not reading every damn post you've made in this thread iamthemom.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #106
Level 10 - Vehement

Okay, I apologize for not reading every damn post you've made in this thread iamthemom.
gjamison27's Avatar gjamison27
04-22-2008, 12:06 PM

Oh hell...I'm sorry too!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #107
Level 8 - Vociferous

Oh hell...I'm sorry too!
04-22-2008, 12:18 PM

iamthe(righthemisphere)! you read right through me, yast3r. +2 points.

"mom's coming 'round to put it back the way it outta beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
Old 04-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #108
Level 10 - Vehement

iamthe(righthemisphere)! you read right through me, yast3r. +2 points.

"mom's coming 'round to put it back the way it outta beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM

I used to work at the Village Idiot!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #109
Level 8 - Vociferous

I used to work at the Village Idiot!
04-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
For someone that nonchalantly quotes so many lyrics, the least you could fucking do is get them right.

"Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it all began"
Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #110
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
For someone that nonchalantly quotes so many lyrics, the least you could fucking do is get them right.

04-22-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This is just getting sadder and sadder. The village idiot is converting others to his agenda.
Well, we always knew Gjamison was easily influenced.....so young and vestile.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #111
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
This is just getting sadder and sadder. The village idiot is converting others to his agenda.
Well, we always knew Gjamison was easily influenced.....so young and vestile.
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM

I think its hard not to fall for iAMTHEMa's amazing charismatic abilities. The way he weaves parables is not only amazing but also jaw dropping and inspiring. If he doesn't put out self-help DVD's than I am certain he is not living up to his full potential. So I don't feel as bad being converted by such a word smith.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #112
Level 10 - Vehement

I think its hard not to fall for iAMTHEMa's amazing charismatic abilities. The way he weaves parables is not only amazing but also jaw dropping and inspiring. If he doesn't put out self-help DVD's than I am certain he is not living up to his full potential. So I don't feel as bad being converted by such a word smith.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
04-22-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
i take empty gestures for what they are: "a lot of nothing to say".
"a whole lot of nothing"? At least IF we have "nothing to say" we use only one or two sentences at a time. Not one or two pages at a time like you use to say nothing.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #113
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
i take empty gestures for what they are: "a lot of nothing to say".
"a whole lot of nothing"? At least IF we have "nothing to say" we use only one or two sentences at a time. Not one or two pages at a time like you use to say nothing.
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM

alright, seriously...

are we done hashing out the possibility that i'm a nut case and this is a really "off" interpretation of tool's art? i mean, can we start cross-examining the idea already? how doesn't it make sense? how aren't all of those references as clear as day? is it because you're holding onto other ideas? ...'cause let me make this clear, i'm not out to convert anyone, i'm not trying to pin this down as the end-all translation, and i shouldn't be such a threat that you can't simply reply with consideration, respect, and decency. i mean, there are layers and layers within their music, and i'd really like to get beyond anything we've ever thought of before (while taking it all along). again, and terrence mckenna demanded ...novelty! this avenue inspired me to change from someone who had barely graduated a public high school, had no higher power, spent five years in shit jobs behind a grill, had no inspiration for any sort of direction in my life ...to someone who found spirituality (from within, "no middle man required") and wants to be able to draw everything he sees, create TM/SG-oriented art, play guitar/bass/drums/vox (i've an acousti-tool project, heh), map out wide-region biocommunities, hike the long trail, go to college, become a shaman (or holistic healer), knit, run, travel, and live off-grid in an eco-friendly and loving commune. in addition to marijuana (you bet!), i thank tool for allowing me to align myself towards all of these things and more ...much more to come. so, yeah, as i've said before: "if it's not all there, i suppose then that i am happily going insane". but try it out, i think it might be worth your while. i feel like i even owe it to you or something. ...which sounds weird and egotistical. but it's more like "sharing is caring". and i love you all.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #114
Level 10 - Vehement

alright, seriously...

are we done hashing out the possibility that i'm a nut case and this is a really "off" interpretation of tool's art? i mean, can we start cross-examining the idea already? how doesn't it make sense? how aren't all of those references as clear as day? is it because you're holding onto other ideas? ...'cause let me make this clear, i'm not out to convert anyone, i'm not trying to pin this down as the end-all translation, and i shouldn't be such a threat that you can't simply reply with consideration, respect, and decency. i mean, there are layers and layers within their music, and i'd really like to get beyond anything we've ever thought of before (while taking it all along). again, and terrence mckenna demanded ...novelty! this avenue inspired me to change from someone who had barely graduated a public high school, had no higher power, spent five years in shit jobs behind a grill, had no inspiration for any sort of direction in my life ...to someone who found spirituality (from within, "no middle man required") and wants to be able to draw everything he sees, create TM/SG-oriented art, play guitar/bass/drums/vox (i've an acousti-tool project, heh), map out wide-region biocommunities, hike the long trail, go to college, become a shaman (or holistic healer), knit, run, travel, and live off-grid in an eco-friendly and loving commune. in addition to marijuana (you bet!), i thank tool for allowing me to align myself towards all of these things and more ...much more to come. so, yeah, as i've said before: "if it's not all there, i suppose then that i am happily going insane". but try it out, i think it might be worth your while. i feel like i even owe it to you or something. ...which sounds weird and egotistical. but it's more like "sharing is caring". and i love you all.
04-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=z26&q=%22Mom%27s+comin%27+round+t o+put+it+back+the+way+it+all+began%22&btnG=Search
Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #115
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=z26&q=%22Mom%27s+comin%27+round+t o+put+it+back+the+way+it+all+began%22&btnG=Search
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but you do not stop and allow input from others and your way of interpreting the song is done in such a nonsensical format that we do not follow it at all. In fact, we just see blabbering of someone who seems not right and the head, which is why you've built up this nut case persona. We are not inside your head Iamthelamb, so we do not understand what you are saying just because you do. Please type your wording in a format that we can follow (avoid doing this).

When you are talking about one song, don't go pulling random lines from another song about a different thing! I can take lines from a Stephen King novel and then say that there is a hidden undertone, proven by following up a random line from Winny the Pooh. It just doesn't work that way.

And for future reference, use the enter key, it'd make you much more bearable.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #116
Level 10 - Vehement

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but you do not stop and allow input from others and your way of interpreting the song is done in such a nonsensical format that we do not follow it at all. In fact, we just see blabbering of someone who seems not right and the head, which is why you've built up this nut case persona. We are not inside your head Iamthelamb, so we do not understand what you are saying just because you do. Please type your wording in a format that we can follow (avoid doing this).

When you are talking about one song, don't go pulling random lines from another song about a different thing! I can take lines from a Stephen King novel and then say that there is a hidden undertone, proven by following up a random line from Winny the Pooh. It just doesn't work that way.

And for future reference, use the enter key, it'd make you much more bearable.
04-22-2008, 05:44 PM

no, look. i totally see that inner cares. and you're all at least concerned enough to feign interest. and thank you for the criticism, i'll try to work on presenting parallels and quotations. i suppose it sucks that i only respond to the haters, but there have been some insightful remarks from all sides ... whatever.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #117
Level 10 - Vehement

no, look. i totally see that inner cares. and you're all at least concerned enough to feign interest. and thank you for the criticism, i'll try to work on presenting parallels and quotations. i suppose it sucks that i only respond to the haters, but there have been some insightful remarks from all sides ... whatever.
04-23-2008, 03:01 AM

This tool forum is hilarious. I mean, what the fuck? hhaha
Old 04-23-2008, 03:01 AM   #118
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

This tool forum is hilarious. I mean, what the fuck? hhaha
04-23-2008, 05:10 AM

:D

and i agree, rivek.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #119
Level 10 - Vehement

:D

and i agree, rivek.
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You may turn your jersey in now too
Old 04-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #120
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
You may turn your jersey in now too

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply