Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
eulogy508's Avatar eulogy508
10-06-2003, 05:54 PM

For all the guitarists or bassists out there, what tool songs or riffs do you play a lot or enjoy playing? For me, I like playing the beginning to 'crawl away' on guitar and 'hush' on bass. 'pushit' is fun also.

oh by the way, i bet a lot of you want to play parabola for guitar without tuning down to drop b tuning or whatever, theres a five star rated tab for parabola in for drop-d tuning here: http://mxtabs.net/tabs.php?path=Guit...opped+D,114073
Old 10-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #1
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148
What tool songs can you play on guitar/bass?

For all the guitarists or bassists out there, what tool songs or riffs do you play a lot or enjoy playing? For me, I like playing the beginning to 'crawl away' on guitar and 'hush' on bass. 'pushit' is fun also.

oh by the way, i bet a lot of you want to play parabola for guitar without tuning down to drop b tuning or whatever, theres a five star rated tab for parabola in for drop-d tuning here: http://mxtabs.net/tabs.php?path=Guit...opped+D,114073
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Riff's Avatar Riff
10-07-2003, 10:05 AM

I like to play Schism the most. On both guitar and bass.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #2
Can't you...SEE?

Bincount™: 4906
I like to play Schism the most. On both guitar and bass.
holy reality's Avatar holy reality
10-07-2003, 10:48 AM

schism and lateralus are my favorites...

and are the most complete songs i know, though i don't know them 100% all the way through.

(guitar)
Old 10-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #3
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129
schism and lateralus are my favorites...

and are the most complete songs i know, though i don't know them 100% all the way through.

(guitar)
psilomind's Avatar psilomind
10-07-2003, 11:10 AM

H. and Lateralus are my favorites on guitar. On bass, I'd have to say Cold and Ugly, Ticks and Leeches, Reflection, Disposition, and Schism are all worth mentioning.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:10 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
H. and Lateralus are my favorites on guitar. On bass, I'd have to say Cold and Ugly, Ticks and Leeches, Reflection, Disposition, and Schism are all worth mentioning.
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
10-08-2003, 04:06 AM

I can play Sweat, Hush, Part of Me, Cold & Ugly, Jerk-Off, Opiate, Intolerance, Prison Sex, Sober, Swamp Song, Undertow, Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., Forty Six & 2, Hooker with a Penis, jimmy, Ćnema, Third Eye, Pushit (Salival), The Grudge, The Patient, Schism, Parabol/Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, and Disposition/Reflection/Triad all the way through on BASS with no problems except for the occasional Cold & Ugly bridge, Forty Six & 2 main, and who knows what the fuck Justin is playing in that real distorted part of jimmy.

So, yea. If Justin decided he hated Tool and left, I'm in business.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 10-08-2003, 04:06 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123
I can play Sweat, Hush, Part of Me, Cold & Ugly, Jerk-Off, Opiate, Intolerance, Prison Sex, Sober, Swamp Song, Undertow, Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., Forty Six & 2, Hooker with a Penis, jimmy, Ćnema, Third Eye, Pushit (Salival), The Grudge, The Patient, Schism, Parabol/Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, and Disposition/Reflection/Triad all the way through on BASS with no problems except for the occasional Cold & Ugly bridge, Forty Six & 2 main, and who knows what the fuck Justin is playing in that real distorted part of jimmy.

"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
10-08-2003, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontmind462

Damn, I think you win... except for the fact that I've pretty much perfected the Cold & Ugly bridge.

Here's my list for bass:
Hush, Part of Me, Cold and Ugly, Opiate, Intolerance, Sober, Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., 46&2, Jimmy, Pushit (live), The Grudge, The Patient, Schism, Parabol, Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, D/R/T, and some of No Quarter.

But again, we were confining these to favorites, weren't we?

Last edited by psilomind; 10-08-2003 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Re: What tool songs can you play on guitar/bass?

Quote:

Damn, I think you win... except for the fact that I've pretty much perfected the Cold & Ugly bridge.

Here's my list for bass:
Hush, Part of Me, Cold and Ugly, Opiate, Intolerance, Sober, Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., 46&2, Jimmy, Pushit (live), The Grudge, The Patient, Schism, Parabol, Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, D/R/T, and some of No Quarter.

Last edited by psilomind; 10-08-2003 at 11:37 AM..
spiraleyes
10-08-2003, 11:26 AM

i can play on bass: part of me, opiate, hush, sober, prison sex, crawl away, undertow, stinkfist, eulogy, h, 46+2, jimmy, aenema, schism, ticks and leeches, and lateralus

there are still songs i'm learning like parabol/parabola and the grudge plus more. i don't think i quite compare to idontmind but i'm happy with what i know
Old 10-08-2003, 11:26 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i can play on bass: part of me, opiate, hush, sober, prison sex, crawl away, undertow, stinkfist, eulogy, h, 46+2, jimmy, aenema, schism, ticks and leeches, and lateralus

there are still songs i'm learning like parabol/parabola and the grudge plus more. i don't think i quite compare to idontmind but i'm happy with what i know
spiraleyes
10-08-2003, 11:28 AM

my favlorite is definitely lateralus
Old 10-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

my favlorite is definitely lateralus
10-08-2003, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsilomind
Yes, there are a few that I didn't mention because I don't like playing them such as Bottom and Crawl Away.

How are you on the really distorted bass part of jimmy? Do you know what he's playing? Or the real flanged out/solo type part.

Last edited by idontmind462; 10-08-2003 at 01:29 PM..
Old 10-08-2003, 01:23 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsilomind
Yes, there are a few that I didn't mention because I don't like playing them such as Bottom and Crawl Away.

How are you on the really distorted bass part of jimmy? Do you know what he's playing? Or the real flanged out/solo type part.

Last edited by idontmind462; 10-08-2003 at 01:29 PM..
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Um, im not too sure which riffs you're talking about exactly, but if you mean those two adjacent ones that occur about 4 minutes into the song, I can offer a limited amount of help, as its a bit sketchy for me as well... lately I've been playing the first one as fifth intervals from the more consonant notes of the melody, with a flanger and delay. The next one, I'm sort of clueless here, but if you work the D minor scale correctly with a flanger on, it sounds just right. Try going to tooltabs.net to see if they have a transcription to go with my horribly vague instructions.

Basically, I haven't the slightest idea how to play that part correctly, but guesswork does just fine when playing along with the song.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:53 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Um, im not too sure which riffs you're talking about exactly, but if you mean those two adjacent ones that occur about 4 minutes into the song, I can offer a limited amount of help, as its a bit sketchy for me as well... lately I've been playing the first one as fifth intervals from the more consonant notes of the melody, with a flanger and delay. The next one, I'm sort of clueless here, but if you work the D minor scale correctly with a flanger on, it sounds just right. Try going to tooltabs.net to see if they have a transcription to go with my horribly vague instructions.

Basically, I haven't the slightest idea how to play that part correctly, but guesswork does just fine when playing along with the song.
Marius
10-08-2003, 02:38 PM

I can play Hush, Part Of Me, Cold And Ugly, Jerk-Off, Prison Sex, Sober, Crawl Away, Undertow, Eulogy, Forty-Six & 2, No Quarter, Eon Blue Apocalypse ;), Schism, Parabol/Parabola and Lateralus pretty good on guitar, but I can play bits and pieces from most of the other songs too.

I think my favorite song to play (without the cd as backup) is Undertow.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:38 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
I can play Hush, Part Of Me, Cold And Ugly, Jerk-Off, Prison Sex, Sober, Crawl Away, Undertow, Eulogy, Forty-Six & 2, No Quarter, Eon Blue Apocalypse ;), Schism, Parabol/Parabola and Lateralus pretty good on guitar, but I can play bits and pieces from most of the other songs too.

I think my favorite song to play (without the cd as backup) is Undertow.
deviatedwolf625's Avatar deviatedwolf625
10-08-2003, 04:27 PM

46 and 2, the grudge, crawl away, reflection, triad ...

and I can sing and play 46 and 2 at the same time, for the most part ...

i play bass
Old 10-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

46 and 2, the grudge, crawl away, reflection, triad ...

and I can sing and play 46 and 2 at the same time, for the most part ...

i play bass
10-08-2003, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilomind

I'm a regular (Logic) over at www.tooltabs.net and have corrected many of tabs. Bradley and I are having a hell of a time figuring out those two sections. I'm sure he'll get it soon enough.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilomind

I'm a regular (Logic) over at www.tooltabs.net and have corrected many of tabs. Bradley and I are having a hell of a time figuring out those two sections. I'm sure he'll get it soon enough.
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM

For me, Eulogy is probably played the most. I also really love playing Schism, The Grudge, H., Reflection, The Patient, Ćnema, Pushit, and Lateralus.

I think the only problem with playing Tool music is that you need to have a pretty good set-up to get the right sounds. If you have a shit bass, it won't sound too good, but thats just obvious.
And new strings help too.

Regards,
Andy
Old 10-09-2003, 03:36 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19
For me, Eulogy is probably played the most. I also really love playing Schism, The Grudge, H., Reflection, The Patient, Ćnema, Pushit, and Lateralus.

I think the only problem with playing Tool music is that you need to have a pretty good set-up to get the right sounds. If you have a shit bass, it won't sound too good, but thats just obvious.
And new strings help too.

Regards,
Andy
10-16-2003, 07:46 AM

i'm a bass player and can usually just think of a tool song and take a few minutes to figure it out, but the ones i just play without thinking or trying are stinkfist (which is getting really old now) and eulogy... if i'm at a guitar shop or something, i'll play schism or 46&2 so people think i'm decent
i also sat around one day listening to undertow with my bass, knowing none of the bass riffs, and played along by ear, which was fun.
the distorted part in jimmy you're talking about...is it right before the "hold your light where i could see" whispers? that riff has amazed me since i first heard the song, but i never think of it...i think i'm going to figure it out tonight when i get home from work, i love that riff
Old 10-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
i'm a bass player and can usually just think of a tool song and take a few minutes to figure it out, but the ones i just play without thinking or trying are stinkfist (which is getting really old now) and eulogy... if i'm at a guitar shop or something, i'll play schism or 46&2 so people think i'm decent
i also sat around one day listening to undertow with my bass, knowing none of the bass riffs, and played along by ear, which was fun.
the distorted part in jimmy you're talking about...is it right before the "hold your light where i could see" whispers? that riff has amazed me since i first heard the song, but i never think of it...i think i'm going to figure it out tonight when i get home from work, i love that riff
10-16-2003, 08:52 PM

It's right before the real high bright bass that does this

G---------------------
D--0-10-12-0-12b-----
A---------------------
D---------------------

If you do figure it out post it on the www.tooltabs.net forum.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:52 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

It's right before the real high bright bass that does this

G---------------------
D--0-10-12-0-12b-----
A---------------------
D---------------------

If you do figure it out post it on the www.tooltabs.net forum.
noresolution's Avatar noresolution
10-16-2003, 11:09 PM

i can play a lot of riffs from various songs, but i probably couldnt play any of tool's stuff all the way through without going along with the cd.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:09 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

i can play a lot of riffs from various songs, but i probably couldnt play any of tool's stuff all the way through without going along with the cd.
10-17-2003, 01:26 AM

I misread that last post thinking you said all the way through with the CD but I won't delete the below just for information purposes.

That's what I thought. You have to build yourself up to it. Start out playing songs like Stinkfist, Bottom and Crawl Away and then build yourself up to something like Intolerance or Prison Sex. You can NOT start out trying to play Parabola, Cold & Ugly or Hooker with a Penis. It just doesn't work that way. You have to get a feel for Tool's rhythms and their weird time signatures.

I learned all the shit I mentioned up there within 6 months.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:26 AM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

I misread that last post thinking you said all the way through with the CD but I won't delete the below just for information purposes.

That's what I thought. You have to build yourself up to it. Start out playing songs like Stinkfist, Bottom and Crawl Away and then build yourself up to something like Intolerance or Prison Sex. You can NOT start out trying to play Parabola, Cold & Ugly or Hooker with a Penis. It just doesn't work that way. You have to get a feel for Tool's rhythms and their weird time signatures.

I learned all the shit I mentioned up there within 6 months.
Odibilëph's Avatar Odibilëph
10-21-2003, 10:17 AM

Jimmy, Eon Blue Apocalypse, & Parabol.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:17 AM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561

Jimmy, Eon Blue Apocalypse, & Parabol.
10-21-2003, 06:20 PM

I love playing Eon Blue Apocalypse on guitar with the delay and all....fuckin' sweet.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

I love playing Eon Blue Apocalypse on guitar with the delay and all....fuckin' sweet.
thaddeus
10-21-2003, 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=idontmind462]

How are you on the really distorted bass part of jimmy? Do you know what he's playing? [QUOTE]

if you're talking about the part right at 2:41 i spent a long time trying to figure it out for an acoustic version of this song that my band did. i ended up putting it on cool edit and raising it an octave to put it in the guitar range. after i did that it was really easy to pick out. it's a weird bluesy take on the main riff with a tritone thrown in for color (i guess). i recorded myself playing it on guitar if you want to hear it. it sounds just like the recording when you do it on bass with heavy distortion.

it's only 300k so i can email it if anyone wants it.
otherwise i guess i'll just tab it out and send it to tooltabs.net
Old 10-21-2003, 08:31 PM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

[QUOTE=idontmind462]

How are you on the really distorted bass part of jimmy? Do you know what he's playing? [QUOTE]

if you're talking about the part right at 2:41 i spent a long time trying to figure it out for an acoustic version of this song that my band did. i ended up putting it on cool edit and raising it an octave to put it in the guitar range. after i did that it was really easy to pick out. it's a weird bluesy take on the main riff with a tritone thrown in for color (i guess). i recorded myself playing it on guitar if you want to hear it. it sounds just like the recording when you do it on bass with heavy distortion.

it's only 300k so i can email it if anyone wants it.
otherwise i guess i'll just tab it out and send it to tooltabs.net
10-22-2003, 04:38 AM

I got bored last night and figured it out. Tooltabs isn't that far off at all on that part.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:38 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

I got bored last night and figured it out. Tooltabs isn't that far off at all on that part.
thaddeus
10-22-2003, 05:02 PM

Quote:
actually, it's missing a lot of notes. if you have software that can raise the pitch an octave without changing the tempo i highly recommend you try it. the regual recording is just too distorted to hear everything that's being played.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:02 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
actually, it's missing a lot of notes. if you have software that can raise the pitch an octave without changing the tempo i highly recommend you try it. the regual recording is just too distorted to hear everything that's being played.
spiraleyes
10-23-2003, 04:59 AM

can anyone tell me what to use on the last singing part of lateralus
Old 10-23-2003, 04:59 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

holy reality's Avatar holy reality
10-23-2003, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiraleyes
be way more specific the........

spiral out keep going, spiral out, keep going?

for guitar?

i think it's this

e--------------------------------
b--------------------------------
g--------------------------------
d--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0-- x4
a--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0--
d--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0--
..................nh---........nh--

the set of 3 threes is played as natural narmonics and then the set after that of 2 threes is played as natural harmonics...

as for bass i don't know, but just go to tooltabs, it's close enough

i have a question though, on the ALBUM what does adam play at the end? becuase tool tabs has how plays it live, which is like an octave lower or something, but on the album it's higher up (well sounds like two guitars, one playing the low, but the high is a lot louder and easier to hear) so what is the high wah part at the very end? does anyone know? Is it just played up A string? d string? Is it up a few frets?
Old 10-23-2003, 12:15 PM   #25
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

Quote:
be way more specific the........

spiral out keep going, spiral out, keep going?

for guitar?

i think it's this

e--------------------------------
b--------------------------------
g--------------------------------
d--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0-- x4
a--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0--
d--0--3--0--3-3-3--0--3-3--3--0--
..................nh---........nh--

the set of 3 threes is played as natural narmonics and then the set after that of 2 threes is played as natural harmonics...

as for bass i don't know, but just go to tooltabs, it's close enough

i have a question though, on the ALBUM what does adam play at the end? becuase tool tabs has how plays it live, which is like an octave lower or something, but on the album it's higher up (well sounds like two guitars, one playing the low, but the high is a lot louder and easier to hear) so what is the high wah part at the very end? does anyone know? Is it just played up A string? d string? Is it up a few frets?
48&2's Avatar 48&2
10-24-2003, 04:21 AM

hey idontmind462 you got my old avatar dude! i erased the 'im with stupid' message and put spiral out with the @ sign on there, where on earth did you find that? anyhow its all yours my friend, good to see someones getting some use out of it!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:21 AM   #26
Mr. 200,000

Bincount™: 3568

hey idontmind462 you got my old avatar dude! i erased the 'im with stupid' message and put spiral out with the @ sign on there, where on earth did you find that? anyhow its all yours my friend, good to see someones getting some use out of it!
10-25-2003, 11:40 AM

I think got it from you. I think you know who I am.

Thank you.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:40 AM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

I think got it from you. I think you know who I am.

Thank you.
spiraleyes
10-30-2003, 07:31 PM

the last singing part of lateralus as in "with my feet upon the ground..." on bass
Old 10-30-2003, 07:31 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

the last singing part of lateralus as in "with my feet upon the ground..." on bass
eulogy508's Avatar eulogy508
10-31-2003, 08:23 AM

Quote:
goes something like this:

E-----------------------
B----------------------
G---8-----------5-----
D-------------5------0
A--------7-------------
D-----------------------

(should be pretty correct, repeat it and it'll work well)
Old 10-31-2003, 08:23 AM   #29
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148

Quote:
goes something like this:

E-----------------------
B----------------------
G---8-----------5-----
D-------------5------0
A--------7-------------
D-----------------------

(should be pretty correct, repeat it and it'll work well)
FragileĆnigma
02-16-2004, 08:39 AM

PuShit
Old 02-16-2004, 08:39 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

PuShit
Raivenn's Avatar Raivenn
03-10-2004, 12:43 AM

I can play the intro of Lateralus a little bit...but i'm using an acoustic... and i just started like 2 weeks ago when i got my guitar so it's not the greatest. It's enough to keep me inspired though... Countdown to replacing Adam: 30yrs... =)

lol
Old 03-10-2004, 12:43 AM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 11

I can play the intro of Lateralus a little bit...but i'm using an acoustic... and i just started like 2 weeks ago when i got my guitar so it's not the greatest. It's enough to keep me inspired though... Countdown to replacing Adam: 30yrs... =)

lol
X M3NTAL X's Avatar X M3NTAL X
03-12-2004, 06:14 AM

I can play up to the first solo in lateralus and parts later in the song, the patient, aenima, H, and 46 & 2 are fun as hell to play to me anyways. Third Eye is a beast but Im still trying to learn that too. One song that I havnt tried is Triad. I've always loved that song/instrumental because its just keeps "flowing" (the rythym)
Old 03-12-2004, 06:14 AM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I can play up to the first solo in lateralus and parts later in the song, the patient, aenima, H, and 46 & 2 are fun as hell to play to me anyways. Third Eye is a beast but Im still trying to learn that too. One song that I havnt tried is Triad. I've always loved that song/instrumental because its just keeps "flowing" (the rythym)
X M3NTAL X's Avatar X M3NTAL X
03-12-2004, 06:19 AM

In the live vid of lateralus, the last part was played:
e-----------------------
b-----------------------
g-----------------------
d-----------------------
a--17----------15-----
d-----15-15-17----0--
Old 03-12-2004, 06:19 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

In the live vid of lateralus, the last part was played:
e-----------------------
b-----------------------
g-----------------------
d-----------------------
a--17----------15-----
d-----15-15-17----0--
thirdseason17's Avatar thirdseason17
03-15-2004, 10:55 PM

I can play almost every bass/guitar line on Ćnima and Lateralus, but my favorite song for guitar has to be Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient, then for bass I can play 46 and 2 all the way through, except for that one part in the middle. I really like Paul's bass lines more, they are more treble-ly and are fun to listen to, so I really like Intolerance's bass line. But I think overrall Justin is a better bassist.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:55 PM   #34
On Probation

Bincount™: 1146

I can play almost every bass/guitar line on Ćnima and Lateralus, but my favorite song for guitar has to be Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient, then for bass I can play 46 and 2 all the way through, except for that one part in the middle. I really like Paul's bass lines more, they are more treble-ly and are fun to listen to, so I really like Intolerance's bass line. But I think overrall Justin is a better bassist.
imtheism's Avatar imtheism
03-19-2004, 12:38 AM

can play pretty much every song, except for some of the tweaked/eq'd/wah'd solos. Need Adam's setup to really get some of the solos :(
Old 03-19-2004, 12:38 AM   #35
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

can play pretty much every song, except for some of the tweaked/eq'd/wah'd solos. Need Adam's setup to really get some of the solos :(
Angel of Death's Avatar Angel of Death
03-22-2004, 02:22 PM

Right now I can play Disposition, Reflection, Schism, The Grudge, Parabola, and Lateralus on bass.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:22 PM   #36
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Right now I can play Disposition, Reflection, Schism, The Grudge, Parabola, and Lateralus on bass.
Lord Fongo's Avatar Lord Fongo
03-22-2004, 02:35 PM

The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalyse, parts of the Patient, Schism, Parabol/Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, a little bit of Disposition, a little of Reflection, Triad (minus the solo), jimmy, Hooker With A Penis, H, Eulogy, Cold & Ugly, a little of Hush, most of Stinkfist, Forty Six & Two, Crawl Away, Intolerance, Bottom, and a bit of Flood. All for electric guitar.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 32

The Grudge, Eon Blue Apocalyse, parts of the Patient, Schism, Parabol/Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, a little bit of Disposition, a little of Reflection, Triad (minus the solo), jimmy, Hooker With A Penis, H, Eulogy, Cold & Ugly, a little of Hush, most of Stinkfist, Forty Six & Two, Crawl Away, Intolerance, Bottom, and a bit of Flood. All for electric guitar.
03-23-2004, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Whammy, 1 octave up, rock forward after striking note..
Also, slight distortion to give it that gritty sound..

g|--------------------------------------------------
d|-------------------------------------------------
a|-------------------------------------------------
d|---5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5----

g--------------------------------------------------|
d-------------------------------------------------.|
a-------------------------------------------------.| (x3)
d----12----10----12----15----12----10----15----12-.|
Old 03-23-2004, 12:02 AM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Whammy, 1 octave up, rock forward after striking note..
Also, slight distortion to give it that gritty sound..

g|--------------------------------------------------
d|-------------------------------------------------
a|-------------------------------------------------
d|---5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5-----5----

g--------------------------------------------------|
d-------------------------------------------------.|
a-------------------------------------------------.| (x3)
d----12----10----12----15----12----10----15----12-.|
BlooReflection696
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM

I have a friend who can play alot on bass and guitar, he is incredibley talented I wish he could be my bassist/guitarist(I think he is more souly guitarist) but I live in NC, he in Scotland:( he rocks...I should tell him to join this forum..wait..Im pretty sure he is..He can play like Lateralus on bass Schism on guitar and bass, this was a while back he is probably way better. I play drums, I got them on The latest xmas, I cant play shit from Tool, I can play that little part from Patient...Jesus...Danny Carey....Cant play...plus I have basic/crap set/heads/cymbals..
Old 03-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

I have a friend who can play alot on bass and guitar, he is incredibley talented I wish he could be my bassist/guitarist(I think he is more souly guitarist) but I live in NC, he in Scotland:( he rocks...I should tell him to join this forum..wait..Im pretty sure he is..He can play like Lateralus on bass Schism on guitar and bass, this was a while back he is probably way better. I play drums, I got them on The latest xmas, I cant play shit from Tool, I can play that little part from Patient...Jesus...Danny Carey....Cant play...plus I have basic/crap set/heads/cymbals..
Adulation Ache
04-05-2004, 02:17 AM

I can play Prison Sex, Schism, and Cold & Ugly...on the guitar
Old 04-05-2004, 02:17 AM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

I can play Prison Sex, Schism, and Cold & Ugly...on the guitar

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply