Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
tooljunky
05-15-2006, 05:26 AM

A friend here showed me this rumor about putting viginti before wings and playing in synch with 10k. Seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ario/14...pool-toolshed/

The times match up and the vocals are exactly in sync at the end...

Has this been discussed here? I've made an MP3 and im pretty convined. Im not an audio engineer but my sync up is pretty close.

Last edited by tooljunky; 05-15-2006 at 05:31 AM..
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Viginity Tres + Wings For Marie = 10,000 Days (Wings Pt.2)

A friend here showed me this rumor about putting viginti before wings and playing in synch with 10k. Seen here

Has this been discussed here? I've made an MP3 and im pretty convined. Im not an audio engineer but my sync up is pretty close.

Last edited by tooljunky; 05-15-2006 at 05:31 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
tooljunky
05-15-2006, 05:29 AM

where can I post the mp3?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #2

Re: the viginti,10k, wings rumor?

where can I post the mp3?
blair's man sausage's Avatar blair's man sausage
05-15-2006, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
A friend her showed me this rumor about putting viginti before wings and playing in synch with 10k. Seen here

I've heard it and at 9:14 ish the sync up is pretty sweet...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
A friend her showed me this rumor about putting viginti before wings and playing in synch with 10k. Seen here

I've heard it and at 9:14 ish the sync up is pretty sweet...
05-15-2006, 05:31 AM

man, im very convinced.
The viginti works well into the 10k days intro...
its the only thing I can see...
viginti noises synch with the thunder...

edit...
actually im listening, my synch is still off...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:31 AM   #4

man, im very convinced.
The viginti works well into the 10k days intro...
its the only thing I can see...
viginti noises synch with the thunder...

edit...
actually im listening, my synch is still off...
fdsajklabc
05-15-2006, 05:41 AM

zzzzzzzzzz

Sometimes it sounded cool, and I almost kidded myself into thinking it sounded good. Then there's the other bits that sounds atrocious. They don't merge, it's like trying to listen to two different songs at the same time - which you are. :/
Old 05-15-2006, 05:41 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

zzzzzzzzzz

Sometimes it sounded cool, and I almost kidded myself into thinking it sounded good. Then there's the other bits that sounds atrocious. They don't merge, it's like trying to listen to two different songs at the same time - which you are. :/
whitewater's Avatar whitewater
05-15-2006, 07:19 AM

Yeah, It sounds alright in the beginning. Alright. Not good. Just alright. Then it sounds terrible. Especially at around 9 minutes. What's wrong with your ears?!!?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you they will kill you. But first, they must catch you - digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:19 AM   #6

Bincount™: 1001

Yeah, It sounds alright in the beginning. Alright. Not good. Just alright. Then it sounds terrible. Especially at around 9 minutes. What's wrong with your ears?!!?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you they will kill you. But first, they must catch you - digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
Grandmasterblakey
05-15-2006, 07:35 AM

Just tried it, although the song lengths tie up well, i dont think it was intened; the lyrics mash together way too much, and some parts just sound pure messed up!

Sounds cool in parts though!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Just tried it, although the song lengths tie up well, i dont think it was intened; the lyrics mash together way too much, and some parts just sound pure messed up!

Sounds cool in parts though!
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-15-2006, 08:48 AM

Maybe you have to cross your eyes at the same time.

:P
Old 05-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Maybe you have to cross your eyes at the same time.

:P
RiaN_the_Great's Avatar RiaN_the_Great
05-15-2006, 10:16 AM

I'm sure someone has posted this by now, but just in case some of you didn't see it, here ya go. I don't take credit either, one of the other dudes from ToolArmy posted on there about this.

I'll just explain how I did it. I opened WinAmp and Windows Media Player. On winamp, I made a playlist that played Viginti Tres followed by Wings For Marie. On windows media player, I cued up 10,000 Days (Wings Part Two).

You're supposed to start them at the same time, but that's difficult on a computer, so I cued Viginti Tres up to 0:05 and pressed play on 10,000 Days. When it hit 0:05, I resumed Viginti Tres.

Viginti Tres = 5:13.
Wings = 6:10.
That adds to :11:23

Viginti Tres translates to "twenty three". That's supposed to be the number of synchronicity as far as I know.

10,000 Days clocks in at 11:16. Not exact, but it doesn't need to be. The combination of these songs basically creates an 8 part ensemble, rather than the two seperate 4 parts. Its pretty cool. Not life changing, but definitely something to check out. I might try to combine them all into a single MP3.

Another possible correlating thought is that there are three faces on the cover.

Who knows, it could all be coincidence, but I still think its pretty sweet.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #9

Bincount™: 24
Audio Puzzle. Pretty sweet.

I'm sure someone has posted this by now, but just in case some of you didn't see it, here ya go. I don't take credit either, one of the other dudes from ToolArmy posted on there about this.

I'll just explain how I did it. I opened WinAmp and Windows Media Player. On winamp, I made a playlist that played Viginti Tres followed by Wings For Marie. On windows media player, I cued up 10,000 Days (Wings Part Two).

You're supposed to start them at the same time, but that's difficult on a computer, so I cued Viginti Tres up to 0:05 and pressed play on 10,000 Days. When it hit 0:05, I resumed Viginti Tres.

Viginti Tres = 5:13.
Wings = 6:10.
That adds to :11:23

Viginti Tres translates to "twenty three". That's supposed to be the number of synchronicity as far as I know.

10,000 Days clocks in at 11:16. Not exact, but it doesn't need to be. The combination of these songs basically creates an 8 part ensemble, rather than the two seperate 4 parts. Its pretty cool. Not life changing, but definitely something to check out. I might try to combine them all into a single MP3.

Another possible correlating thought is that there are three faces on the cover.

Who knows, it could all be coincidence, but I still think its pretty sweet.
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM

I think that this is a coincidence, but I haven't heard it so I shouldn't judge so quickly. It seems like some of it will sound like crap, though. What does the puzzle tell us, though? If it's nothing then I'll stand by my "coincidence" statement.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: Audio Puzzle. Pretty sweet.

I think that this is a coincidence, but I haven't heard it so I shouldn't judge so quickly. It seems like some of it will sound like crap, though. What does the puzzle tell us, though? If it's nothing then I'll stand by my "coincidence" statement.
moneyisevil's Avatar moneyisevil
05-15-2006, 10:27 AM

interesting....
Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

interesting....
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM

There ARE parts that do kind of wash over each other more turbulently than they should, other times where its pretty sweet. The noise of Viginti Tres is cool over 10k Days, and also hearing one rhythm figure played on guitar accomany a guitar solo, that was cool. There's also that heavier part that's in both songs. The first one plays, and right when it ends, the second one picks up. Also Maynard's softer singing near the end ("Difficult to see you in the light..." etc) that comes from both songs, they sort of alternate and accent each other, sort of like a duet.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Tool to do this. They're some pretty clever guys, and I wonder how many times they've done things like this before that we never noticed? Lateralus had that whole "alternate track order" thing, that was kind of cool, but this blows that out of the water I think.

If nothing else, its an interesting accident. I dig.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #12

There ARE parts that do kind of wash over each other more turbulently than they should, other times where its pretty sweet. The noise of Viginti Tres is cool over 10k Days, and also hearing one rhythm figure played on guitar accomany a guitar solo, that was cool. There's also that heavier part that's in both songs. The first one plays, and right when it ends, the second one picks up. Also Maynard's softer singing near the end ("Difficult to see you in the light..." etc) that comes from both songs, they sort of alternate and accent each other, sort of like a duet.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Tool to do this. They're some pretty clever guys, and I wonder how many times they've done things like this before that we never noticed? Lateralus had that whole "alternate track order" thing, that was kind of cool, but this blows that out of the water I think.

If nothing else, its an interesting accident. I dig.
Tooltb420
05-15-2006, 10:41 AM

my computer shows wings part 2 at 11:13 and the other two added as 11:13, about to play now
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

my computer shows wings part 2 at 11:13 and the other two added as 11:13, about to play now
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
05-15-2006, 10:46 AM

I think that songs like Viginti Tres can be played over top of pretty much any other song.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think that songs like Viginti Tres can be played over top of pretty much any other song.
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM

Probably because I'm still using the leaked versions. Haven't uploaded the actual CD onto my computer yet. I should do that.

Right now I'm in the process of mixing them all, and gonna save it as an MP3. I'll probably just use a FruityLoops demo.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #15

Probably because I'm still using the leaked versions. Haven't uploaded the actual CD onto my computer yet. I should do that.

Right now I'm in the process of mixing them all, and gonna save it as an MP3. I'll probably just use a FruityLoops demo.
joeyt17
05-15-2006, 10:48 AM

and note theres 11 candles on the left side of justins table
and 13 candles on the right side of justins table.

someone put it together for you. just go to page 54 of the puzzle thread on the 10,000 days forum
Old 05-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

and note theres 11 candles on the left side of justins table
and 13 candles on the right side of justins table.

someone put it together for you. just go to page 54 of the puzzle thread on the 10,000 days forum
Tooltb420
05-15-2006, 10:57 AM

that was rather interesting, I thought they blended very well together, especially the heavy part in part one, and the end was really cool. I say give it a try
Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

that was rather interesting, I thought they blended very well together, especially the heavy part in part one, and the end was really cool. I say give it a try
05-15-2006, 10:57 AM

There's quite a few puzzle threads, but I'll scan through them.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #18

There's quite a few puzzle threads, but I'll scan through them.
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM

Any idea if there's any websites I can use to upload this so people can hear it? I don't really want to resort to TRYING to put it on myspace.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #19

Any idea if there's any websites I can use to upload this so people can hear it? I don't really want to resort to TRYING to put it on myspace.
xmorteferoz
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM

Uploading to YouSendIt.com right now. Did this the other night.

There are parts that sound good overlapped, and some parts are just a warbled mess.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Uploading to YouSendIt.com right now. Did this the other night.

There are parts that sound good overlapped, and some parts are just a warbled mess.
blackandwhite's Avatar blackandwhite
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM

with a song like viginti tres, its easy to put it over songs that arent that heavy, because there isnt constant noise in viginti tres. maybe youre just hearing what you want to hear.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

with a song like viginti tres, its easy to put it over songs that arent that heavy, because there isnt constant noise in viginti tres. maybe youre just hearing what you want to hear.
05-15-2006, 11:07 AM

I'm just reposting what someone else on Toolarmy posted. Like I said, it isn't perfect, but its still cool.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #22

I'm just reposting what someone else on Toolarmy posted. Like I said, it isn't perfect, but its still cool.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

foursixandtwo's Avatar foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 11:22 AM

Hm. I am indifferent on this. Some (very few) parts sound cool, but yeah..sounds like a mish mosh of things otherwise.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Hm. I am indifferent on this. Some (very few) parts sound cool, but yeah..sounds like a mish mosh of things otherwise.
05-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
Yes, you are dead on. There is no hidded audio puzzle. A visual one, however, that is for sure, especially since Blair said there was.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
Yes, you are dead on. There is no hidded audio puzzle. A visual one, however, that is for sure, especially since Blair said there was.
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
05-15-2006, 01:23 PM

i've yet to listen, but most of you are missing the point. of course viginti tres sounds fine over it, but most people were talking about how Wings I and Wings II line up with eachother
Old 05-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

i've yet to listen, but most of you are missing the point. of course viginti tres sounds fine over it, but most people were talking about how Wings I and Wings II line up with eachother
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM

yes, parts of wings lines up with it. in fact there are some eerily cool parts, and the heavy part syncs up perfectly with each other, so it can't be coincidence. other parts are somewhat dissonent (i'm guessing so that you'll listen to the actual songs more, i.e. lamc), and the ending also has a cool echo effect. definately try it or dl the file.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #27

yes, parts of wings lines up with it. in fact there are some eerily cool parts, and the heavy part syncs up perfectly with each other, so it can't be coincidence. other parts are somewhat dissonent (i'm guessing so that you'll listen to the actual songs more, i.e. lamc), and the ending also has a cool echo effect. definately try it or dl the file.
05-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
I didnt miss it...I hear how it syncs up..somewhat, but we listen to a big jumbled mess of music just to hear the last few lines of the song..sort of sync up? I am not as impressed with it as everyone else it I guess.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
I didnt miss it...I hear how it syncs up..somewhat, but we listen to a big jumbled mess of music just to hear the last few lines of the song..sort of sync up? I am not as impressed with it as everyone else it I guess.
05-15-2006, 02:27 PM

note the sync up starts at 9:14 (9+14=23) viginti tres is all over this album
Old 05-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

note the sync up starts at 9:14 (9+14=23) viginti tres is all over this album
05-15-2006, 03:21 PM

My, aren't they sneaky? 23 is the new 11. Beats spazzing out every time a clock repeats numbers. =P
Old 05-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #30

My, aren't they sneaky? 23 is the new 11. Beats spazzing out every time a clock repeats numbers. =P
cjbarker02's Avatar cjbarker02
05-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Wow, this is great. IMO, obviously intentional. there's got to be more stuff like this out there somewhere....
Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow, this is great. IMO, obviously intentional. there's got to be more stuff like this out there somewhere....
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM

Yeah. On one hand, I wish more artists did things like this, because it seems to give their work a lot more depth, and it isn't as static as just popping the CD in, reading the lyrics, and watching the band's cookie-cutter performance video.

On the other hand, if everyone did this, it wouldn't be special.

And on ANOTHER hand, I still don't know what the hell is being whispered on No Quarter, but I guess that's something I'll never figure out for sure.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #32

Yeah. On one hand, I wish more artists did things like this, because it seems to give their work a lot more depth, and it isn't as static as just popping the CD in, reading the lyrics, and watching the band's cookie-cutter performance video.

On the other hand, if everyone did this, it wouldn't be special.

And on ANOTHER hand, I still don't know what the hell is being whispered on No Quarter, but I guess that's something I'll never figure out for sure.
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
05-15-2006, 06:45 PM

but http://spo0nman.blogspot.com/2006/05...0000-days.html

it works, didnt see it posted anywhere else... if admins will let me post my mp3 ill do it but it syncs :o
Old 05-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #33
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355
im not a conspiracy theorist...

but http://spo0nman.blogspot.com/2006/05...0000-days.html

it works, didnt see it posted anywhere else... if admins will let me post my mp3 ill do it but it syncs :o
tollll12
05-15-2006, 06:54 PM

Alright, I'll give it a try, but one question: why did you decide to do this? Just for shits and giggles, or was there a logical path that led you to conclude that this was the right thing to do?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #34

Re: im not a conspiracy theorist...

Alright, I'll give it a try, but one question: why did you decide to do this? Just for shits and giggles, or was there a logical path that led you to conclude that this was the right thing to do?
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
05-15-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
shits and giggles.

thats not my site btw
Old 05-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #35
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
shits and giggles.

thats not my site btw
05-15-2006, 07:13 PM

wow that is really cool! I am gonna sit down with that one for a bit.... wow!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #36

wow that is really cool! I am gonna sit down with that one for a bit.... wow!
Nico
05-15-2006, 07:22 PM

Funny you find this, just realized it myself the other night, never saw it posted. Mentioned it to a few friends, they laughed, said I was osessed. But it actually works perfectly, especially the end, music and lyrics are spot on.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Funny you find this, just realized it myself the other night, never saw it posted. Mentioned it to a few friends, they laughed, said I was osessed. But it actually works perfectly, especially the end, music and lyrics are spot on.
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM

This actually kinda sounds like crap, IMO.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
05-15-2006, 07:31 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like poo?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like poo?
foursixandtwo's Avatar foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
I think people are reading too much into it.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #40
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
I think people are reading too much into it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply