opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 08. Ticks and Leeches
User Name
Password
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #41
caveman

Bincount™: 193
Re: stolen song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy33 View Post
M 2 da Nard.
Nardy.....LMAO!!

Wherever you go........there you are.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #42
caveman

I just hate the lack of musical ability in rap. IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME!!

But I would not discredit anyone's musical taste because of this flaw.....

:)

Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #43
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketh74 View Post
I just hate the lack of musical ability in rap. IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME!!
Then you haven't really listened to it, have you?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #44
caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
Then you haven't really listened to it, have you?
Why, yes I have...

I'm just of the opinion that it follows the same pulse. No real breakthroughs in rap. Nothing surprising, just.........

boom...boom...boom...boom...boom...boom...

Unless you speak of the older rap groups. When you could actually call it rap.

But like I said...just MY opinion and I don't discredit anyone.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #45
Super Bat Kiss

No, I'm speaking of the more obscure stuff.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #46
caveman

Quote:
No, I'm speaking of the more obscure stuff.
Obscure rap?

If you're talking about the less popular stuff, yes, it does have a little more musical influence. But that's why it's obscure. The modern generation prefers it that way for dance clubs, parties, and what not.

I have to be able to tolerate good music. I'd rather listen to classical. It's much more stimulating. And no I am not racist or bias.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #47
Super Bat Kiss

Who cares what the modern generation listens to? I don't. Classical is good shit indeed. And liking certain music has nothing to do with racism.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #48
caveman

Quote:
Who cares what the modern generation listens to? I don't. Classical is good shit indeed. And liking certain music has nothing to do with racism.
Oh, I know. That's why I threw that out there right away. I have been accused of not liking rap for that reason.

And I'm just saying that certain rap is obscure because of today's generation falling in line with the same type of "dance beat rap" (for lack of a better term).

I correct myself then...not "ALL" rap sounds the same. I just can't seem to dig it like some people can. That and some R&B.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #49
Super Bat Kiss

Fair enough.

(Ironically, my favorite rap artists are all white.)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #50
caveman

Quote:
Fair enough.

Yes, I do like Eminem.

Curiously, what kind of classical do you like?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #51
Super Bat Kiss

Haha. I was talking about Aesop Rock.

As far as classical, I don't have a whole lot yet, but my current favorites are Stravinsky, Gustav Holst, and Béla Bartók.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #52
caveman

Quote:
Haha. I was talking about Aesop Rock.

As far as classical, I don't have a whole lot yet, but my current favorites are Stravinsky, Gustav Holst, and Béla Bartók.
Good stuff indeed.

I'm partial to Mozart (of course) and Tchaikovsky.

Keep listening.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Fair enough.

I actually listened to nothing but rap when i was in high school. Smoking weed with my so called "friends" with the subwoofers blasting in my explorer...dressed fuckin gangster with my white T's haha so yeah i have come a long way...now i cant stand the sound of rap for many reasons and not just the reasons of musical inability. I am now a city living rocker that listens to Tool in my f-150 driving by people in the "ghetto" part of town thinking to myself...."Do you know what Tool is about or any music with a message or are you just a fuckin loser that is going to sell drugs and listen to misleading/negative/hopeless rap music for the rest of your life?" I dont know why I am saying this but i thought i would let everyone know how I was only a few years ago and how Tool has changed my life Im not going to get into detail and I am sure most of you are saying "Thank god" so just use your imagination on why i hate rap as much as I do. So Please everyone laugh at me and call me names. Thanks Have a good day.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 10-01-2007 at 08:59 PM..
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #54
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
I can relate to a band changing lives, I have the name of the band that kept me sane in the darkest part of my life tatted on my right arm because it changed my life. So I empathize.

I need to hook you up with some actual lyrically talented rap. Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Sage Francis. You'll like that.
I appreciate the thought man thanks. Im curious...who is the band on your right arm that got you through the dark times?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #55
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I'm not sure if this has been said in the previous post (cause i didn't bother to read them) but i always thought this song was about how as Tool started changing their sound and experiment a little more some fans began to bitch and whine about how they were selling out and leaving their roots. so this song is basically telling all those types of fans to shut the fuck up (maybe not shut the fuck up, but atleast choke on your own words) and let them (tool) do what they want. and they say this all while placing the message within a song that shows fans that they can still bust some nuts. so it's basically like "Yeah we can still make songs that sound heavy and make you go ape-shit, but we're moving on and so should you."

THE END
Old 10-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #56
caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGrudge View Post
I'm not sure if this has been said in the previous post (cause i didn't bother to read them) but i always thought this song was about how as Tool started changing their sound and experiment a little more some fans began to bitch and whine about how they were selling out and leaving their roots. so this song is basically telling all those types of fans to shut the fuck up (maybe not shut the fuck up, but atleast choke on your own words) and let them (tool) do what they want. and they say this all while placing the message within a song that shows fans that they can still bust some nuts. so it's basically like "Yeah we can still make songs that sound heavy and make you go ape-shit, but we're moving on and so should you."

THE END
Well said. I can't decide if it's about the fans or about the record companies.

I see both sides of view.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #57
caveman

Quote:
No laughing allowed.

Deftones.
Deftones rock.....Around the Fur......hell ya.

I wouldn't laugh.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #58
Level 8 - Vociferous

What song did you turn to the most when times were rough?

I get down to the deftones man. My twin sister is in love with chino. haha anyway, the album around the fur is awesome but i would say that digital bath on white pony is my favorite. Alot of emotion in that song. I dont listen to them alot but i can tolerate them. Elite gets me hyped up as well. Rivek, dude next time please dont go into a post thinking that everyone is going to laugh at you man. Thats just showing you dont have confidence in your opinions and even if someone laughs at you just fuck em'...like who the fuck are they to you ya know? Sorry im being Dr. Phil but anyway...Deftones kick ass but TOOL is better. haha. Peace man.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 10-14-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Yeah because N.W.A. sucks.
Ice Cube? That guy! He's all bullshit! He really didn't do any of the shit hes talking about in his music. Oh wait, he did. Easy E? All bullshit!
And what is wrong with stupid songs that are just fun to dance to? Not every song has to be some deep work of art. If it can an entire room of people dancing together, that in itself speaks volumes.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #60
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool_Is_Sick View Post
I actually listened to nothing but rap when i was in high school. Smoking weed with my so called "friends" with the subwoofers blasting in my explorer...dressed fuckin gangster with my white T's haha so yeah i have come a long way...now i cant stand the sound of rap for many reasons and not just the reasons of musical inability. I am now a city living rocker that listens to Tool in my f-150 driving by people in the "ghetto" part of town thinking to myself...."Do you know what Tool is about or any music with a message or are you just a fuckin loser that is going to sell drugs and listen to misleading/negative/hopeless rap music for the rest of your life?" I dont know why I am saying this but i thought i would let everyone know how I was only a few years ago and how Tool has changed my life Im not going to get into detail and I am sure most of you are saying "Thank god" so just use your imagination on why i hate rap as much as I do. So Please everyone laugh at me and call me names. Thanks Have a good day.
That to me is shallow. Either you were a poser then ot you're being a poser now. The very same music you loved so much then you are now against. You may as well execute a murderer and then say you're against the death penalty. I as well have said that there's plenty of rap out there that is complete crap but, I've never turned my back on it. I try to keep my mind open to all things. You talk about this situation you had as if you were a reborn Toolian with no regard to anything else. If ya' ask me, I'd say that it was pretty lame....but we're all entitled to our opinions. This one is mine.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #61
Level 8 - Vociferous

I should open my mind to rap music and try to gain something positive about the material but I have come to hate rap music because people who I thought were my friends...totally said fuck you behind my back so whenever i hear anything that reminds me of the rap I listened too...I dont wanna fuckin hear it. Plain and Simple. IN MY OPINON, Rap is nothing but negative messages with the same damn beats. Its kool with me if you say that its lame...thats your call but you dont know what kind of manipulative bullshit I went through dude. Rap will be the first to die in the future of music..Have a good day my friend...

How About them Damn Flyers!!! 4-1 Baby!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #62
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Actually I hope emo is the first to die in the future of music...

That is the only musical movement I entirely can't stand
I'm not even sure what Emo is or how it came about or who falls into "emo" catergory but I do know that I hate that damn word. Emo, sounds like a new word for gay.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM   #63
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I should open my mind to rap music and try to gain something positive about the material but I have come to hate rap music because people who I thought were my friends...totally said fuck you behind my back so whenever i hear anything that reminds me of the rap I listened too...I dont wanna fuckin hear it. Plain and Simple. IN MY OPINON, Rap is nothing but negative messages with the same damn beats. Its kool with me if you say that its lame...thats your call but you dont know what kind of manipulative bullshit I went through dude. Rap will be the first to die in the future of music..Have a good day my friend...

How About them Damn Flyers!!! 4-1 Baby!
Understandable but, you're subjecting your experience with your friends onto rap music when they actually have nothing in common. However, I do sympathize with you because anything on Tv or music that has to do with being cheated on pisses me off and I cannot bear it...logically I know it has nothing to do with her directly but, I cannot help but have those feelings regurgitate if you will. On another note, I really don't know why I'm defending rap anyways. I think I'll add a note to "Identifying with the Angels" thread again on that subject.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

its kool man i see what your saying about subjecting myself but its like whenever i hear rap music i think about my past and it pisses me off. I just cant bear to listen to that garbage anymore, but if you like rap...you like rap. thats your decision. I am just standing by mine. Rap is Dead to me.

About the Emo thing, lol yeah it does sound like the new word for gay. Everytime i hear that word i think of the seasme street charcter Elmo obviously because they sound alike..so yeah it is pretty gay.

Rivek...Inner and I wanna know exactly what emo is? I think we are both lost. Enlighten us my friend. Cheers.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #65
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
its kool man i see what your saying about subjecting myself but its like whenever i hear rap music i think about my past and it pisses me off. I just cant bear to listen to that garbage anymore, but if you like rap...you like rap. thats your decision. I am just standing by mine. Rap is Dead to me.

About the Emo thing, lol yeah it does sound like the new word for gay. Everytime i hear that word i think of the seasme street charcter Elmo obviously because they sound alike..so yeah it is pretty gay.

Rivek...Inner and I wanna know exactly what emo is? I think we are both lost. Enlighten us my friend. Cheers.
Yeah, reference some bands that are considered to be gay, I mean Emo.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #66
caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
I'm not even sure what Emo is or how it came about or who falls into "emo" catergory but I do know that I hate that damn word. Emo, sounds like a new word for gay.
LOL.....does sound kinda gay.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

I work with this chick that is in love with fall out boy and i always make fun of her for it. I just say shit like Fall Out boy sucks and whatnot. She gets so pissed and says "Go Listen to your gay fuckin TOOL Tim I swear I hate you!!" I actually start to laugh most of the time because she is absolutely clueless about music, whats good and whats not...One of those dumb girls that think they know everything. So yeah she keeps me entertained when i am around her. Sorry to ramble on about it. So..Yeah Fuck Fall Out Boy. I hope one day a fall out boy fan reads this. haha Peace

Dont lie Inner...you know you love some fall out boy!! Dont lie to us!!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: