Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
not.jesse.cantrall
08-20-2006, 03:27 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14412948/

Obviously, the writer does not know Tool very well. Kudos to the band for sticking with their convictions.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Online music sales

Obviously, the writer does not know Tool very well. Kudos to the band for sticking with their convictions.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
2and46's Avatar 2and46
08-20-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse.cantrall View Post

Agreed. The more time ticks along, the more integrity Tool has. They don't give lip service. "The last of the mohicans". No wonder other bands revere Tool.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746
Re: Online music sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse.cantrall View Post

Agreed. The more time ticks along, the more integrity Tool has. They don't give lip service. "The last of the mohicans". No wonder other bands revere Tool.
Misanthrope's Avatar Misanthrope
08-20-2006, 06:05 PM

Tool show they're even more out of touch with technology than Metallica. Amazing.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Drug Crazed Grindfreak

Bincount™: 5716

Tool show they're even more out of touch with technology than Metallica. Amazing.
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
08-20-2006, 06:09 PM

great breaking news story!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

great breaking news story!
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
08-20-2006, 06:27 PM

Cool, if someone were to interview Maynard on this subject that might be amusing to watch....
Old 08-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Cool, if someone were to interview Maynard on this subject that might be amusing to watch....
08-20-2006, 06:52 PM

he'll more then likely just treat the interviewer like a dog, and not answer any questions directly.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

he'll more then likely just treat the interviewer like a dog, and not answer any questions directly.
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM

I'd rather have a CD or vinyl than a stupid mp3... fuck I tunes
Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

I'd rather have a CD or vinyl than a stupid mp3... fuck I tunes
Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
08-20-2006, 08:41 PM

I can't stand the inconsistency in listening to a "Mix CD". Give me the full album or give me death.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

I can't stand the inconsistency in listening to a "Mix CD". Give me the full album or give me death.
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM

I used to make mixes, but it wore off on me over time. If I start Vicarious, I need to hear Jambi right after it now.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

I used to make mixes, but it wore off on me over time. If I start Vicarious, I need to hear Jambi right after it now.
08-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Acid View Post
same here. nicer than what i usually say: I like cd's not songs.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
same here. nicer than what i usually say: I like cd's not songs.
guitarpete987
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I generally agree with you. Albums should be listened to start to finish. And I believe bands should make music in such a way that it works best start to finish.

There are some bands that this doesn't apply to. And there are bands that it does apply to. These bands are usually the ones who seem to take the greatest care with their art. Tool is one of those bands.

Led Zeppelin is another band that I really think needs to have their albums heard start to finish. Their music really sounds broken to me any other way. That's why I despise all these compliations that have come out from Zeppelin in recent years.

Oh well.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
I generally agree with you. Albums should be listened to start to finish. And I believe bands should make music in such a way that it works best start to finish.

There are some bands that this doesn't apply to. And there are bands that it does apply to. These bands are usually the ones who seem to take the greatest care with their art. Tool is one of those bands.

Led Zeppelin is another band that I really think needs to have their albums heard start to finish. Their music really sounds broken to me any other way. That's why I despise all these compliations that have come out from Zeppelin in recent years.

Oh well.
08-20-2006, 11:28 PM

Tool don't take care with their art at all. At concerts they play songs all out of order. So you might as well just download a couple songs or make a mix cd, because if Tool don't care about having songs in the "right" order, then it shouldn't matter.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
Drug Crazed Grindfreak

Tool don't take care with their art at all. At concerts they play songs all out of order. So you might as well just download a couple songs or make a mix cd, because if Tool don't care about having songs in the "right" order, then it shouldn't matter.
Dianoetic's Avatar Dianoetic
08-20-2006, 11:57 PM

you are so wrong Mope tool are all about the art. They mix their songs up live just to prove that their work is truely multidimentional, no single band can touch them as far as artistic integrity goes.
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
Old 08-20-2006, 11:57 PM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 18668

you are so wrong Mope tool are all about the art. They mix their songs up live just to prove that their work is truely multidimentional, no single band can touch them as far as artistic integrity goes.
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
08-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Haha, good one.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #14
Drug Crazed Grindfreak

Haha, good one.
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar SpiraMirabilis
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Your making a logical error here I have to say. Just because they play their songs in different orders live doesn't mean that they don't care about the order in the album. I imagin they assume that people have all ready had the album expirence before they see them live.

Also, if you want to know if the order makes a difference, you've got to listen to the songs in different orders and decide yourself. It seems quite irrelevant whether Tool care that much, although from what interviews I've seen they do very much care.

In the end, you've got to listen to the music in the way that you want. If you prefer lisening to a couple of randomly sellected songs, so be it, but many people take great care in chosing a playing order or track list, just look through the Lateralus forums and you will see.

In the end, the music is out there, whether on cd, downloadable via itunes or heard live at a gig. It is our choice how we listen to it.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #15
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Your making a logical error here I have to say. Just because they play their songs in different orders live doesn't mean that they don't care about the order in the album. I imagin they assume that people have all ready had the album expirence before they see them live.

Also, if you want to know if the order makes a difference, you've got to listen to the songs in different orders and decide yourself. It seems quite irrelevant whether Tool care that much, although from what interviews I've seen they do very much care.

In the end, you've got to listen to the music in the way that you want. If you prefer lisening to a couple of randomly sellected songs, so be it, but many people take great care in chosing a playing order or track list, just look through the Lateralus forums and you will see.

In the end, the music is out there, whether on cd, downloadable via itunes or heard live at a gig. It is our choice how we listen to it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply