opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 09. Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
over analyzing

I know it wouldn't be anything new, I've even seen a similiar thread created a few hours ago, but I'd like to look at this case from a little bit different angle.
Noone can really pretend to know what MJK wanted to say, maybe even the Man isn't absolutely sure what he wants to tell us - maybe he swung on the spiral of divinity, but he still remains a human and in this case can't know and teach everything. I believe he's just showing the way we may agree or not to follow. That's why we mustn't "over analyze" his words to don't let them cover the truth that is "beyond the lines".

I miss the time when I was pretty younger and didn't understand lirycs, didn't even know English. Those songs were making me feel my divinity, they were setting me free. Now I still feel shivers when listening but I'm kinda closed inside my knowledge about them. I can't draw my way beyond the lines cuz it's already drawn. It makes me really upset.

As a conclusion - we can't forget the lirycs and act like we're hearing the song for the first time. Obviously, it would be silly. But let us stop trying to understand every single word Maynard's whispering. Those songs are like bridges leading to divinity - and like a bridges they must be passed and left behind us. Then will maybe be able to do what's "imagined and all coinciveable".

What do you think? I do request for considered opinions.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: over analyzing

woah, i never thought about it that deeply before. it makes sense. i always thought he was saying that everyone over thinks and over analyzes EVERYTHING we see, so in the end we don't get the full expirience. later he says "with my feet upon the ground i lose myself between the sounds, and open wide to suck it in, ect." just open up, let everything in, don't over think it.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

That... Makes a hell of a lot of sense, actually.
The stuff about the fibonacci sequence and all that is really cool, but Laturalus to me is sort of like an abstractionist painting; there are a few things which are obvious, but there's so much more in there that the singer/painter didn't even realize they were doing that's still in there.

Also, I don't know what your policy on drug use is, but hearing a familiar song for the first time again just requires dissociatives; i.e., DXM or Ketamine.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

I know exactly what you mean.

Last edited by whatscomingthroughisalive; 04-24-2007 at 08:01 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: