opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 AM   #761
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17
Re: Vicarious Video

lol they probably had it listed as "track #1" then the idiot at the web helms picked up the tracklist and was like "ah! vicarious! i need a promotion!" and so here we are. fuckin newbies!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 AM   #762
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

video? what video?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #763

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempathy View Post
lol they probably had it listed as "track #1" then the idiot at the web helms picked up the tracklist and was like "ah! vicarious! i need a promotion!" and so here we are. fuckin newbies!
lol yeah, I wonder why they even played Stinkfist everything else was that new death metal shit (with the exception of Black Label Society).
Old 03-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #764
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 19

What if the videos are released as bonuses on the live DVD? That would be sweet.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #765
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

What if the Vicarious video was released after a year of having the album out? What if the video for the first single came after they already had 3 singles off the album? That would be cool.

Tool are slackers these days. They are such "artists" but they can't create more than 1 album every 5 years? No videos, dvds, books, nothing? Come on.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #766
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briznitch View Post
What if the Vicarious video was released after a year of having the album out? What if the video for the first single came after they already had 3 singles off the album? That would be cool.

Tool are slackers these days. They are such "artists" but they can't create more than 1 album every 5 years? No videos, dvds, books, nothing? Come on.
You are so right, the album has almost been out a Fking year now. No video?? tool are self absorbed ass lamps. How many months does it take to make a Tool video? answer: 12, .....one month to actualy make the video, 11 months for circle jerking and canceling tours
Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #767
Banned.

i think tool is gonna come up with some interpretative dance for vicarious...
Old 04-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #768

We waited 4 years for Schism and Parabola to be released, they were released but had modest air play. I'm patient, just as long as they release one.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #769
Banned.

ANOTHER 4 YE-URS?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #770
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-groan-of-tedium View Post
We waited 4 years for Schism and Parabola to be released, they were released but had modest air play. I'm patient, just as long as they release one.
schism=2001 parabola=2002
Old 04-04-2007, 06:21 AM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
schism=2001 parabola=2002
4 years, 7 months, and 5 days. 3 years, 7 months, and 5 days.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #772
Banned.

wtf
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
wtf

lol, wait let me edit that. I used the release of the actual Lateralus album.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 AM   #774

Yeah, nevermind. I don't know the exact date they were released.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #775
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #776
Banned.

i doobt it.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #777
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalk_line View Post
You are so right, the album has almost been out a Fking year now. No video?? tool are self absorbed ass lamps. How many months does it take to make a Tool video? answer: 12, .....one month to actualy make the video, 11 months for circle jerking and canceling tours
Be patient with their process. If you want mass produced music listen to Korn or any other of those type of bands. Tool is the best at what they do so let them do it. Appreciate the fact that their is one band out there that has never made a crappy album or even a crappy song for that fact.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #778
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeiryn View Post
Did someone here really make that video? Where is the footage from, like with the women?
UH nevermind

Last edited by HookerWithADick; 04-04-2007 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #779
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Bincount™: 2934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy_X View Post
If it's the one I just watched, not a chance. It's far too hamfisted and poorly edited, and Adam's fingerprints have been all over every Tool video with the exception of "Hush" (they are conspicuously absent from this one).

As for the delay, I am (naively) hoping it's a clue that they'll release the live DVD soon, with the videos for "Vicarious" and "The Pot" as bonus tracks. That would probably be smart, as more people are likely to pick up a DVD of live material that's an album old if it has something new on it as well (of course, hopeless Tool addicts like myself and probably anyone reading this will buy it no matter what).
<ru5ty> wat
Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #780
Level 3 - Talker

as a tool fan, i will always want more from them, but as a rational human being, i must acknowledge that they owe us nothing.

what if they thought the song itself was good enough? i mean, vicarious is a pretty straightforward song. nothing too complicated about the message behind it. as artists, is there really much reason to make a video for it? i can't imagine what deeper meanings they could add on to the song by making a video. seems kind of like a waste of time. kind of redundant.

the song ends with the lines, "vicariously i live while the whole world dies. much better you than i"

what more could they say? is there any other way to interpret that?

we shouldn't kid ourselves here. they released that song as the first single because it's catchy as hell and it would sell very well, and it did. they didn't release it because of it's deep hidden meanings which we could explore for the next 5 years. i would rather see a video for a song with a bit more mystery behind it than that. i'm still not sure exactly what was going on in MJK's mind when he wrote out the lyrics for "the pot," so it would be interesting to see one possible visual interpretation of the song. this is why i'm looking forward to "the pot" video and have long given up hope for a vicaious video.

although i have to admit, a part of me knows it would still be awesome to see a vicarious vid.

Last edited by greg vs greg; 04-04-2007 at 07:44 PM..
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #781
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy_X View Post
nope.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #782
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Chains View Post
If it's the one I just watched, not a chance. It's far too hamfisted and poorly edited, and Adam's fingerprints have been all over every Tool video with the exception of "Hush" (they are conspicuously absent from this one).

As for the delay, I am (naively) hoping it's a clue that they'll release the live DVD soon, with the videos for "Vicarious" and "The Pot" as bonus tracks. That would probably be smart, as more people are likely to pick up a DVD of live material that's an album old if it has something new on it as well (of course, hopeless Tool addicts like myself and probably anyone reading this will buy it no matter what).

If Tool releases a live DVD (which I Seriously doubt), they wont need any special features... the dvd will sell the fuck out of itself.

Alex Grey fired the 3d Crew for the Vicarious video... that explains the indefinate delay... As far as the pot goes... I dunno
Old 04-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
Be patient with their process. If you want mass produced music listen to Korn or any other of those type of bands. Tool is the best at what they do so let them do it. Appreciate the fact that their is one band out there that has never made a crappy album or even a crappy song for that fact.
Their process is non-existent. There is not explanation why there is not video or what happened to the original production. In JUNE of last year they said that the video would be released in the coming weeks. How many weeks is that ? 50...I agree that tool is at the top of the game, but why does it take a fucking year to put out a single video? or 5 plus years to put out a live dvd. Its not rocket science they have made videos before, example stinkfist; released propmtly as the song was released as a single not years later. WHy don't they at least explain what the fuck is taking so long? maybe blair could post some sort of an explanation on the "official" website , but no we get worthless bullshit posts about the fucking baked potato and other useless crap no one cares about .
Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #784
Level 3 - Talker

Id personally love to see Jambi interpreted into a video before either The Pot or Vicarious.

While Vicarious is a good song, I can't really see a point for making a video for it. The Pot seems just as straight-forward as Vicarious therefor it shouldn't need that much of a video. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them as a video lol.

Why not Jambi?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #785

Bincount™: 13

Tool seems to follow the motto of 'NO RELEASE IS BETTER THAN A BAD RELEASE'. They have made attempts to create more material, but the end product has not met their standards.

The live DVD at one point was 'in the works'. Later, Maynard suggested that the band would not release a live DVD because they are generally edited too much and do not provide an accurate depiction of being present at the concert.

Regarding the Vicarious video, Adam said in an interview that it was delayed because he did not like how the CGI came out.

It is frustrating having to deal with the band's secrecy and misinformation. I wish they would be more open and fan friendly. However, I think the status quo is better than following the typical music industry formula. Trying to hold the public's attention at the expense of quality is a bad idea.

There have been many bands that were great, but later diminished themselves by releasing inferior material. By contrast, there have been bands that reached legendary status partly because they dissolved before they had a chance to mess up.

Last edited by dice5199; 04-07-2007 at 04:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #786
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
Tool seems to follow the motto of 'NO RELEASE IS BETTER THAN A BAD RELEASE'. They have made attempts to create more material, but the end product has not met their standards.

The live DVD at one point was 'in the works'. Later, Maynard suggested that the band would not release a live DVD because they are generally edited too much and do not provide an accurate depiction of being present at the concert.

Regarding the Vicarious video, Adam said in an interview that it was delayed because he did not like how the CGI came out.

It is frustrating having to deal with the band's secrecy and misinformation. I wish they would be more open and fan friendly. However, I think the status quo is better than following the typical music industry formula. Trying to hold the public's attention at the expense of quality is a bad idea.

There have been many bands that were great, but later diminished themselves by releasing inferior material. By contrast, there have been bands that reached legendary status partly because they dissolved before they had a chance to mess up.

Sources and when did ESPN say something about that in your sig? lol
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #787

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post
Sources and when did ESPN say something about that in your sig? lol
John Buccigross said it on Sportscenter right after Game 6 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. He does these music to sports analogies on a frequent basis. I found it amusing that Tool was referenced on a highly viewed show and it made no sense.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #788
Level 7 - Loquacious

Lol interesting.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #789
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

LoL! Fuck them baked potatoes!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:45 AM   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice5199 View Post
John Buccigross said it on Sportscenter right after Game 6 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. He does these music to sports analogies on a frequent basis. I found it amusing that Tool was referenced on a highly viewed show and it made no sense.
I think it's awesome ESPN mentioned Tool.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-groan-of-tedium View Post
I think it's awesome ESPN mentioned Tool.
that was as close to a dvd we will ever get
Old 04-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #792
Banned.

lol

ESPN, REALLY?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #793
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 377

vicarious video at the VEGAS show? i am goin the 27th and would be stoked to be the first people to see it
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiller View Post
vicarious video at the VEGAS show? i am goin the 27th and would be stoked to be the first people to see it
good luck with that.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #795
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theres No Love in Fear View Post
Id personally love to see Jambi interpreted into a video before either The Pot or Vicarious.
Im with ya on that.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #796
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I heard on a local radio show discussing the Video, one guy said "why would they waste the money to make a video of a song that gets very limited play, and that will be shoved to the side and maybe played once a day at first and then hardly ever, Just so they can play the newest Justin TimberQueer video" I do agree with him though in a way, But Yeah would be kinda nice to get this finally to rest Is there or is ther not goin to be any videos for this album, That way I can stop coming here till 2011 for the next album when it's getting made.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #797
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavs01 View Post
I heard on a local radio show discussing the Video, one guy said "why would they waste the money to make a video of a song that gets very limited play, and that will be shoved to the side and maybe played once a day at first and then hardly ever, Just so they can play the newest Justin TimberQueer video" I do agree with him though in a way, But Yeah would be kinda nice to get this finally to rest Is there or is ther not goin to be any videos for this album, That way I can stop coming here till 2011 for the next album when it's getting made.

That is one of the most well thought of postings i have ever seen.
Kudos.
I agree,
We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #798
Level 7 - Loquacious

Not really, a lot of Tool songs you never hear on the radio. Hell, if i'm flipping channels and see Stinkfist on MTV2 or FUSE i go nuts! The reason they make videos are for the fans, not for publicity.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #799
Banned.

yeah, i flip out when i see a tool vid on tv or hear a song on the radio... its awesome.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #800
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
yeah, i flip out when i see a tool vid on tv or hear a song on the radio... its awesome.
I don't,
because i have heard or seen all of them many times on tv and radio.

I want new stuff.

I'll contribute to the 26 inch rims maynard wants to buy for his range rover or to another leopard skin cowboy hat by buying the overpriced dvd which will only have one 7:06 minute video.
We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: