Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
QuantumMind's Avatar QuantumMind
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM

I think all of this speculation about a fake leak is just wishful thinking. Believe me I hope that I am wrong and the rest of you are right but I just don't see it happening. I have to admit that if any band was to pull something like this off it would be Tool but like I said its more than likely wishful thinking. Everyone who says that this album sucks must not be musicians. I play guitar, drums, bass, etc. and this album is probably the best album "musically" they have ever made. As far as the vocals go, I think that Maynard did them kind of half ass (cheesy lyrics) and since non-musical people hear the vocals first they tend to jump to conclusions.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
It would be nice but ...

I think all of this speculation about a fake leak is just wishful thinking. Believe me I hope that I am wrong and the rest of you are right but I just don't see it happening. I have to admit that if any band was to pull something like this off it would be Tool but like I said its more than likely wishful thinking. Everyone who says that this album sucks must not be musicians. I play guitar, drums, bass, etc. and this album is probably the best album "musically" they have ever made. As far as the vocals go, I think that Maynard did them kind of half ass (cheesy lyrics) and since non-musical people hear the vocals first they tend to jump to conclusions.
OFFLINE |  
xdwingdx
04-26-2006, 10:28 AM

pretty sure this did not deserve its own post
Old 04-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: It would be nice but ...

pretty sure this did not deserve its own post
OFFLINE |  
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM

Oh and all of these "its a Hoax" threads deserve their own posts. I thought the name of this section is Opinions and thats what this is My "Opinion". Who are you to say what is post-worthy.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Oh and all of these "its a Hoax" threads deserve their own posts. I thought the name of this section is Opinions and thats what this is My "Opinion". Who are you to say what is post-worthy.
OFFLINE |  
Crimson Petal
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM

one of the deepest posts ever
Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

one of the deepest posts ever
OFFLINE |  
Alcawhorlick's Avatar Alcawhorlick
04-26-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind
Are you by chance a shitty musician?
What I mean by that is, do you make shitty music?
It doesn't take a musician to appreciate music. Sometimes the opposite is true.
It's hard not to be baffled that someone can think of this album as better musically than Lateralus/Aenima.

where can I find all this impressive music at on this album?
The droning repetitive shit in the 16 minutes of WFM/10KD ?
Rosetta Stoned? the music from the pot that sounds that it belongs on Undertow with nothing new or memorable?

Jambi is nice musically. Right In Two has some bright spots. None of these songs are impressive as the weakest song on Lateralus though.

As a whole the album is pretty boring.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind
It's hard not to be baffled that someone can think of this album as better musically than Lateralus/Aenima.

Rosetta Stoned? the music from the pot that sounds that it belongs on Undertow with nothing new or memorable?

Jambi is nice musically. Right In Two has some bright spots. None of these songs are impressive as the weakest song on Lateralus though.

OFFLINE |  
Crimson Petal
04-26-2006, 10:57 AM

Alc you're wrong that part in Rosseta Stoned when Maynard raps Fantomas style is some of the best music I heard in years.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Alc you're wrong that part in Rosseta Stoned when Maynard raps Fantomas style is some of the best music I heard in years.
OFFLINE |  
04-26-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcawhorlick

Are you a musician at all? Someone needs to get laid.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Are you a musician at all? Someone needs to get laid.
OFFLINE |  
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:

After looking at threads you have posted I realize that you are a walking contradiction. Some of your threads talk about how you like 10K days and others talk about how much you hate it. So what is the deal?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

After looking at threads you have posted I realize that you are a walking contradiction. Some of your threads talk about how you like 10K days and others talk about how much you hate it. So what is the deal?
OFFLINE |  
neurosis79
04-26-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:

start listening to the songs or do a record yourself FUCKASS!!!

Last edited by neurosis79; 04-26-2006 at 01:43 PM..
Old 04-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

start listening to the songs or do a record yourself FUCKASS!!!

Last edited by neurosis79; 04-26-2006 at 01:43 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply