Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Fritz
04-23-2006, 07:12 PM

Danny Carey is friends with Tom Brown Jr. the famous tracker? badass, Go DC! I hope to take one of the man's (Tom Brown) courses this summer should be pretty awesome, badass though, Go DC
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not fake, move on.. Maynard Interview

Danny Carey is friends with Tom Brown Jr. the famous tracker? badass, Go DC! I hope to take one of the man's (Tom Brown) courses this summer should be pretty awesome, badass though, Go DC
OFFLINE |  
eyeinpalm
04-23-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperKhan
Harvester, I really hope you were writing that speil without realizing that I had made a new post in here.... I understand that I was fairly unclear in that quoted post.

There was no misunderstanding of that song, I assure you.

However, when I hear that Maynard has said somethign along the lines of "Art is anti-material," it makes want to say "you're full of shit, kthx." Art is not anti-material. Perhaps anti-overproduction, but not anti-material. In any case, my point is that either Maynard has changed dramatically since writing Hooker, or he was fairly full of crap in that interview.
ok, so im not sure how many interviews with maynard you've seen, but he is usually pretty cynical, sarcastic, or quite often, outright lying his ass of about stuff. it's expected. alot of times it's because reporters or interviewers come to him with stupid questions so he gives stupid answers. other times they point questions at things he doesnt want to talk about, so he changes the direction with his answer. he creates DISTRACTIONS. Look, over there! That bright shiny thing!

in all, i find the album fucking awesome. if what I have IS fake, its the best fake album i've ever heard and i cant wait for the real thing. if not, then i am nothing short of completely satisfied with the album and i commend the band for a job extremely well done.

feels like moviepoopshoot.com in here or something...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Harvester, I really hope you were writing that speil without realizing that I had made a new post in here.... I understand that I was fairly unclear in that quoted post.

However, when I hear that Maynard has said somethign along the lines of "Art is anti-material," it makes want to say "you're full of shit, kthx." Art is not anti-material. Perhaps anti-overproduction, but not anti-material. In any case, my point is that either Maynard has changed dramatically since writing Hooker, or he was fairly full of crap in that interview.
ok, so im not sure how many interviews with maynard you've seen, but he is usually pretty cynical, sarcastic, or quite often, outright lying his ass of about stuff. it's expected. alot of times it's because reporters or interviewers come to him with stupid questions so he gives stupid answers. other times they point questions at things he doesnt want to talk about, so he changes the direction with his answer. he creates DISTRACTIONS. Look, over there! That bright shiny thing!

in all, i find the album fucking awesome. if what I have IS fake, its the best fake album i've ever heard and i cant wait for the real thing. if not, then i am nothing short of completely satisfied with the album and i commend the band for a job extremely well done.

feels like moviepoopshoot.com in here or something...
OFFLINE |  
ryzur's Avatar ryzur
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM

It seems to me like there are two types of people on this forum. People who are afraid to say something bad about tool, and people who are truly looking for something more from tool as they have provided in the past, and since the leak didnt provide that they are "questioning authority" the authority of the band, and saying wait a minute, maybe this aint so great after all. And life goes on. Most bands get crappy later on in their career it seems. Maybe its their time. Or maybe that was their point all along.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #43
Level 4 - Thinker

It seems to me like there are two types of people on this forum. People who are afraid to say something bad about tool, and people who are truly looking for something more from tool as they have provided in the past, and since the leak didnt provide that they are "questioning authority" the authority of the band, and saying wait a minute, maybe this aint so great after all. And life goes on. Most bands get crappy later on in their career it seems. Maybe its their time. Or maybe that was their point all along.
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
That's a pretty narrow view. Instead of acting as if everyone who likes the album is a mindless sheep gravelling for a chance to give Tool and handjob and everyone "questioning" the album are the truly enlightened ones, perhaps you could consider that people simply have different opinions that don't always fall into a few made-up catagories.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
That's a pretty narrow view. Instead of acting as if everyone who likes the album is a mindless sheep gravelling for a chance to give Tool and handjob and everyone "questioning" the album are the truly enlightened ones, perhaps you could consider that people simply have different opinions that don't always fall into a few made-up catagories.
OFFLINE |  
maestrotee's Avatar maestrotee
04-23-2006, 08:34 PM

I believe that all the controversy has been planned and the band is rolling in laughter at all the differing opinions and rumors. I would be. Good for them for generating such a response ... good or bad ... real or fake! It has brought them up in conversations all around the world again. And to be real honest I'm enjoying the conversation about musical conspiracies ... gives me a break from all those vicariously living while others die around our pathetic world, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see them in the fall no matter what (ticketmasterbater victim like so many others for this recent show). This will be my seventh experience with the master of ceremonies! Damn this is good music!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 4

I believe that all the controversy has been planned and the band is rolling in laughter at all the differing opinions and rumors. I would be. Good for them for generating such a response ... good or bad ... real or fake! It has brought them up in conversations all around the world again. And to be real honest I'm enjoying the conversation about musical conspiracies ... gives me a break from all those vicariously living while others die around our pathetic world, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see them in the fall no matter what (ticketmasterbater victim like so many others for this recent show). This will be my seventh experience with the master of ceremonies! Damn this is good music!
04-23-2006, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMarchand
I like my Tool t-shirts and I think the artwork is ART as much as the music.

Haha I like my tool shirts too. I like all of their artwork. At least you're paying for a cool shirt or whatever instead of a black shirt that says "Yellow Card".
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMarchand
I like my Tool t-shirts and I think the artwork is ART as much as the music.

Haha I like my tool shirts too. I like all of their artwork. At least you're paying for a cool shirt or whatever instead of a black shirt that says "Yellow Card".
OFFLINE |  
Brino
04-23-2006, 09:28 PM

As others have said before me, I enjoy the tracks I've heard so far (Vicarious, Jambi, Wings Pt 1) I love Maynard's vocals in all three, but the instrumentation is a little weak, especially with the lack of DC who is in my opinion one of the best drummers living. I dunno, if fake, then it's funny because their fake stuff is better then alot of bands real stuff and then their "real" stuff will be an eargasm of all sorts and if real, I will be using my best buy gift card on may 2nd.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #47
Level 3 - Talker

As others have said before me, I enjoy the tracks I've heard so far (Vicarious, Jambi, Wings Pt 1) I love Maynard's vocals in all three, but the instrumentation is a little weak, especially with the lack of DC who is in my opinion one of the best drummers living. I dunno, if fake, then it's funny because their fake stuff is better then alot of bands real stuff and then their "real" stuff will be an eargasm of all sorts and if real, I will be using my best buy gift card on may 2nd.
OFFLINE |  
TheJake
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM

"A huge thanks to Joe Barresi who spent lots of time and effort working on (especially) guitar sounds. I think "10,000 Days" is overall more "raw" sounding than "Lateralus" or "Aenima" and you have to go back all the way to "Undertow" to find similar soundscapes."

Didn't the leak have more of a Lateralus vibe? I haven't heard it all yet, but reading what a lot of you posted it seemed like it had more of a Lateralus atmosphere rather than an Undertow atmosphere. Isn't that enough proof that we may not be hearing the real album? I am not going to take a side either way, but that interview really didn't clear anything up.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

"A huge thanks to Joe Barresi who spent lots of time and effort working on (especially) guitar sounds. I think "10,000 Days" is overall more "raw" sounding than "Lateralus" or "Aenima" and you have to go back all the way to "Undertow" to find similar soundscapes."

Didn't the leak have more of a Lateralus vibe? I haven't heard it all yet, but reading what a lot of you posted it seemed like it had more of a Lateralus atmosphere rather than an Undertow atmosphere. Isn't that enough proof that we may not be hearing the real album? I am not going to take a side either way, but that interview really didn't clear anything up.
OFFLINE |  
Drozz's Avatar Drozz
04-24-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_left
All you read and Wear or see and Hear on tv Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar.
Shutup and buy my new record.
-mjk

The man's all talk.

You need to learn what satire is.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #49
Suicide Booth ID: 17

Bincount™: 1891

Quote:
All you read and Wear or see and Hear on tv Is a product Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar.
-mjk

The man's all talk.

You need to learn what satire is.
04-24-2006, 01:20 AM

Flamenco? mmmm. I guess the supoort act for the Barcelona show will be Paco de Lucia. hehehe.

Salud!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:20 AM   #50
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Flamenco? mmmm. I guess the supoort act for the Barcelona show will be Paco de Lucia. hehehe.

Salud!
OFFLINE |  
kaiowas_is's Avatar kaiowas_is
04-24-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sven
Doesn't anyone remember when Maynard was an asshole in every interview?
yeh whatever happened to asshole maynard who was rude and rather bleak in interviews, at least its some more insight to the album and the tour, thanks for translating and putting it up for us.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:33 AM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
yeh whatever happened to asshole maynard who was rude and rather bleak in interviews, at least its some more insight to the album and the tour, thanks for translating and putting it up for us.
OFFLINE |  
something_Dark's Avatar something_Dark
04-24-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:

ha!! i do i do.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

Quote:

ha!! i do i do.
OFFLINE |  
Fingez
04-24-2006, 02:30 AM

I do believe that the people with expectations of this album will be dissapointed. Drop them all. Be prepared to listen to this album with an open mind. Two of my mates have said that this album is not heavy enough, they've produced a weaker album than Aenima or Lateralus. Stuff that. Four of the most talented musicians in the world stumbled across each other and are making magic together. I have been accused of loving Tool too much to be critical, that may be the truth, but I am more than happy to be let into their gifted minds to hear where they are at at any given time and I like what I am hearing. I expected nothing... and ended up with an album that again has re-affirmed that these guys are the best in the world.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:30 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

I do believe that the people with expectations of this album will be dissapointed. Drop them all. Be prepared to listen to this album with an open mind. Two of my mates have said that this album is not heavy enough, they've produced a weaker album than Aenima or Lateralus. Stuff that. Four of the most talented musicians in the world stumbled across each other and are making magic together. I have been accused of loving Tool too much to be critical, that may be the truth, but I am more than happy to be let into their gifted minds to hear where they are at at any given time and I like what I am hearing. I expected nothing... and ended up with an album that again has re-affirmed that these guys are the best in the world.
OFFLINE |  
eksyte
04-24-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester99
Tool, like some religious writings and other sources of "information" are not ment to be taken literally or even seriously. But perhaps are ment to give you a little nudge so that you can learn to ask questions and take yourself on a ride to an interesting place.
You're not suggesting that Maynard's poetry is never serious are you? Sure, songs like "Hush" aren't meant to be literal, but Maynard's serious as fuck in "Judith".

There's a big difference between selling out and making a living from your art. When your art is comprimised (i.e. changed) to be make profit, you're selling out. I don't believe Tool or Maynard have done that. They'd make this shit even if it didn't make them millions.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:20 AM   #54
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvester99
Tool, like some religious writings and other sources of "information" are not ment to be taken literally or even seriously. But perhaps are ment to give you a little nudge so that you can learn to ask questions and take yourself on a ride to an interesting place.
You're not suggesting that Maynard's poetry is never serious are you? Sure, songs like "Hush" aren't meant to be literal, but Maynard's serious as fuck in "Judith".

There's a big difference between selling out and making a living from your art. When your art is comprimised (i.e. changed) to be make profit, you're selling out. I don't believe Tool or Maynard have done that. They'd make this shit even if it didn't make them millions.
OFFLINE |  
seneca77's Avatar seneca77
04-24-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Too
ugh that was a stupid read

maynard sounds like a big jackass talking about his "depth" and good charlotte's lameness

uh, good charlotte is lame
Old 04-24-2006, 05:48 AM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:

maynard sounds like a big jackass talking about his "depth" and good charlotte's lameness

uh, good charlotte is lame
04-24-2006, 05:49 AM

Quote:
-mjk

The man's all talk.
hahaha, i think he is talking to you in that song!!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
-mjk

The man's all talk.
04-24-2006, 06:19 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Amazon now has a review up and has the track listing up
Old 04-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #57
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OFFLINE |  
seneca77's Avatar seneca77
04-24-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjay

nothing new there man, that has been up for a while
Old 04-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #58
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjay

nothing new there man, that has been up for a while
04-24-2006, 06:56 AM

really I looked at it Friday and didn't see the review of tracklisting.. either way.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 AM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

really I looked at it Friday and didn't see the review of tracklisting.. either way.
OFFLINE |  
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
We are not gonna play this album thru as a whole live. That kinda fate i wouldnt want for anyone.
This is probably the most interesting thing that Maynard said in this interview. While I like 10,000 Days a lot, some of the songs might not go over well live (and, no...I'm not referring to 'Lipan Conjuring' or 'Viginti Tres')
Old 04-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunky
We are not gonna play this album thru as a whole live. That kinda fate i wouldnt want for anyone.
This is probably the most interesting thing that Maynard said in this interview. While I like 10,000 Days a lot, some of the songs might not go over well live (and, no...I'm not referring to 'Lipan Conjuring' or 'Viginti Tres')
OFFLINE |  
eksyte
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77
Seriously.

"Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?" - Charlie Brown

Tool is nothing if not straight-forward. lol
Old 04-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77
Seriously.

"Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?" - Charlie Brown

Tool is nothing if not straight-forward. lol
OFFLINE |  
a788's Avatar a788
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingSpecial
Your fucking annoying. Congrats on your 3 posts. Keep coming back bro
hey bud, congrats on your 61.

aside....

thanks for the interview
Old 04-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #62
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingSpecial
Your fucking annoying. Congrats on your 3 posts. Keep coming back bro
hey bud, congrats on your 61.

aside....

thanks for the interview
peripheral
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM

hmmm...i have no idea if the album leak was a hoax, but this so-called interview sure seems fake. maynard talks a lot of shit, but he has nothing to gain by calling out bands that were alledgedly good 30 years ago. this article is as fake as pamela lee anderson's boobies.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:41 PM   #63
Banned.

Bincount™: 70

hmmm...i have no idea if the album leak was a hoax, but this so-called interview sure seems fake. maynard talks a lot of shit, but he has nothing to gain by calling out bands that were alledgedly good 30 years ago. this article is as fake as pamela lee anderson's boobies.
OFFLINE |  
WEREWOLF
04-25-2006, 05:47 AM

Quote:

HE MUST HAVE BEEN "HIGH"...EITHER IT WAS TRANSLATED FUNNY, OR HE WAS FEELING PRETTY GOOD. HE LIKES TO TALK SH*T ABOUT OTHER BANDS, BUT I THINK IN GENERAL HE ISNT DISSING THE BANDS AS MUCH AS HE IS DISSING AMERICA'S TASTE IN MUSIC. THESE BANDS WOULDNT EXIST IF WE DIDNT BUY THEIR ALBUMS, AND GO SEE THEIR SHOWS. ITS OUR OWN FAULT, AND I THINK HE IS AWARE OF THIS. RELAX, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO HIS/HER OPINION...EVEN MAYNARD.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:47 AM   #64
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

HE MUST HAVE BEEN "HIGH"...EITHER IT WAS TRANSLATED FUNNY, OR HE WAS FEELING PRETTY GOOD. HE LIKES TO TALK SH*T ABOUT OTHER BANDS, BUT I THINK IN GENERAL HE ISNT DISSING THE BANDS AS MUCH AS HE IS DISSING AMERICA'S TASTE IN MUSIC. THESE BANDS WOULDNT EXIST IF WE DIDNT BUY THEIR ALBUMS, AND GO SEE THEIR SHOWS. ITS OUR OWN FAULT, AND I THINK HE IS AWARE OF THIS. RELAX, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO HIS/HER OPINION...EVEN MAYNARD.
OFFLINE |  
WEREWOLF
04-25-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I wonder if we'll ever get an interview where they actually talk about the songs on the album, and not just the segue tracks...

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING....SCREW LIPAN CONJURING, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BAND WAS ON WHEN THEY WROTE WINGS FOR MARIE PT 2 AND ROSETTA STONED....THOSE SONGS ARE PHOENOMINAL! I CANT WAIT UNTIL MAY 20TH...NYC SHOW. THX TO TOOL FOR ANOTHER AWESOME ALBUM, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T APPRECIATE IT, IM SORRY....BUT I DONT SEE HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU LIKED PREVIOUS ALBUMS.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:54 AM   #65
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianney
I wonder if we'll ever get an interview where they actually talk about the songs on the album, and not just the segue tracks...

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING....SCREW LIPAN CONJURING, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE BAND WAS ON WHEN THEY WROTE WINGS FOR MARIE PT 2 AND ROSETTA STONED....THOSE SONGS ARE PHOENOMINAL! I CANT WAIT UNTIL MAY 20TH...NYC SHOW. THX TO TOOL FOR ANOTHER AWESOME ALBUM, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T APPRECIATE IT, IM SORRY....BUT I DONT SEE HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU LIKED PREVIOUS ALBUMS.
OFFLINE |  
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-25-2006, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Good Charlotte IS LAME!!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #66
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

Good Charlotte IS LAME!!
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brino
\

Brino, you can shove that Best Buy gift card up your ass sideways!!! Please, do us all a favor and DON'T buy the album. Keep your little MP3. You should be banned for even suggeting that "the instrumentation is a little weak, especially with the lack of DC".....huh???? There has never been more of DC on any TOOL album to date. I have been drumming for 25 years (12 of it trying to emulate DC)and please quit making ridiculous comments like this. Have you ever tried to play a double-kick bass drum? Have you ever been able to get four or six lightning-fast bass drum beats clean and crisp right before a snare drum downbeat? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about or expressing disappointment about. You are listening to the Real Deal. Get over it. It's awesome and I cannot believe how blind people can become in five years.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brino
\

Brino, you can shove that Best Buy gift card up your ass sideways!!! Please, do us all a favor and DON'T buy the album. Keep your little MP3. You should be banned for even suggeting that "the instrumentation is a little weak, especially with the lack of DC".....huh???? There has never been more of DC on any TOOL album to date. I have been drumming for 25 years (12 of it trying to emulate DC)and please quit making ridiculous comments like this. Have you ever tried to play a double-kick bass drum? Have you ever been able to get four or six lightning-fast bass drum beats clean and crisp right before a snare drum downbeat? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about or expressing disappointment about. You are listening to the Real Deal. Get over it. It's awesome and I cannot believe how blind people can become in five years.
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Heh I bet you're one of those fans of Good Charlotte huh? lol
Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #68

Quote:

Heh I bet you're one of those fans of Good Charlotte huh? lol
OFFLINE |  
theprosperone
04-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
\

You should come to Chicago if you're a really good drummer. I'm a great guitar player and we could take over the world.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
\

You should come to Chicago if you're a really good drummer. I'm a great guitar player and we could take over the world.
OFFLINE |  
themayanlion
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM

i think tool_rules forgot to remove his tampon
Old 04-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

i think tool_rules forgot to remove his tampon
OFFLINE |  
bikinibandit718's Avatar bikinibandit718
04-25-2006, 06:31 PM

wow i nearly shat myself after i read that, i go to kent state, i can see the memorial where the students were shot from my dorm room... that is so awesome that he remembers that! not many people do! this may 4th it will be 36 years since it happened, it was pretty fucked up to say the least...
Old 04-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 37

wow i nearly shat myself after i read that, i go to kent state, i can see the memorial where the students were shot from my dorm room... that is so awesome that he remembers that! not many people do! this may 4th it will be 36 years since it happened, it was pretty fucked up to say the least...
OFFLINE |  
HisUberness
04-26-2006, 01:34 PM

So what if Maynard's an ass? I don't care, I like his work. Sure, he could have said things a bit nicer but his point was clear: the reasons and methods that bands go about creating material is different for each one. Tool doesn't make music for us. They make music for themselves, as art. Name one artist, real artist, that has stuck to a specific theme his whole career? Every artist has the right to mix things up and do things differently than before. Picasso didn't start with cubism. That's just where he was when he was at his best.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

So what if Maynard's an ass? I don't care, I like his work. Sure, he could have said things a bit nicer but his point was clear: the reasons and methods that bands go about creating material is different for each one. Tool doesn't make music for us. They make music for themselves, as art. Name one artist, real artist, that has stuck to a specific theme his whole career? Every artist has the right to mix things up and do things differently than before. Picasso didn't start with cubism. That's just where he was when he was at his best.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply