Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-22-2006, 05:11 PM

For all of you who are waiting for May 2nd for this "real album" thinking that this leak is seriously a hoax, i consider you should also take up religion whilst your at it.

When your too busy clinging onto hope for the afterlife you don't realise the gift that is right infront of you.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
For all that think the leak is a hoax.

For all of you who are waiting for May 2nd for this "real album" thinking that this leak is seriously a hoax, i consider you should also take up religion whilst your at it.

When your too busy clinging onto hope for the afterlife you don't realise the gift that is right infront of you.
OFFLINE |  
Rexmentula
04-22-2006, 05:13 PM

I'll get back to you 2nd may 2011.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: For all that think the leak is a hoax.

I'll get back to you 2nd may 2011.
OFFLINE |  
Sinner_In_Me's Avatar Sinner_In_Me
04-22-2006, 05:22 PM

Again, get over the fact that its a hoax, Yes I Stole the album till release day, and I think that every song is great, even Viginti Tres. I admit the first listen was, well humm, but the next day I took a 80min drive alone at night...and you know what. Well try it and see what occurs...

Shit the bed.

P.S Summer is here...
Old 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Again, get over the fact that its a hoax, Yes I Stole the album till release day, and I think that every song is great, even Viginti Tres. I admit the first listen was, well humm, but the next day I took a 80min drive alone at night...and you know what. Well try it and see what occurs...

Shit the bed.

P.S Summer is here...
04-22-2006, 05:28 PM

After going through a lot of threads on this topic i think this would be the best place for my first post. On May 2nd a lot of people are either going to turn out to be very correct or (almost certainly) feel like complete idiots. Either way the new album is brilliant. Some people are dissapointed because its not what they expected....its been 5 years!!....the world has changed (slightley) people have changed..hell society has changed....the band has grown....what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima? artists evolve....and 5 years is a lot of evolution.....

just my humble opinion....by the way there is a new flash animation/video/tesser at toolband

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 05:34 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

After going through a lot of threads on this topic i think this would be the best place for my first post. On May 2nd a lot of people are either going to turn out to be very correct or (almost certainly) feel like complete idiots. Either way the new album is brilliant. Some people are dissapointed because its not what they expected....its been 5 years!!....the world has changed (slightley) people have changed..hell society has changed....the band has grown....what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima? artists evolve....and 5 years is a lot of evolution.....

just my humble opinion....by the way there is a new flash animation/video/tesser at toolband

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 05:34 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 05:35 PM

new threads on the item "to those who believe it's [not] a leak" is as annoying as the hoax-theory itself.

USE EXISTING THREADS.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

new threads on the item "to those who believe it's [not] a leak" is as annoying as the hoax-theory itself.

USE EXISTING THREADS.
OFFLINE |  
The Village Too
04-22-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goa head
Either way the new album is brilliant. Some people are dissapointed because its not what they expected....its been 5 years!!....the world has changed (slightley) people have changed..hell society has changed....the band has grown....what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima? artists evolve....and 5 years is a lot of evolution.....
or for fuck's sake please SHUT UP already.

I think 10,000 days sucks, that it is a b-sides, that there is more material to be released. don't tell me that I don't like it because it's not what i expected; i fucking love to be surprised, caught off guard, etc. I think 10,000 days sucks because i think 10,000 days sucks, not because it's not what i expected, not because it sounds like old material, not because it's too hard or soft or because it doesn't build up enough; no, i think it sucks because it sucks, doesn't cause me joy, doesn't take my emotions anywhere, just plain doesn't inspire me want to gather the strength to double-click it into aural existence.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Either way the new album is brilliant. Some people are dissapointed because its not what they expected....its been 5 years!!....the world has changed (slightley) people have changed..hell society has changed....the band has grown....what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima? artists evolve....and 5 years is a lot of evolution.....

I think 10,000 days sucks, that it is a b-sides, that there is more material to be released. don't tell me that I don't like it because it's not what i expected; i fucking love to be surprised, caught off guard, etc. I think 10,000 days sucks because i think 10,000 days sucks, not because it's not what i expected, not because it sounds like old material, not because it's too hard or soft or because it doesn't build up enough; no, i think it sucks because it sucks, doesn't cause me joy, doesn't take my emotions anywhere, just plain doesn't inspire me want to gather the strength to double-click it into aural existence.
OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Too

it does not cuase YOU joy......its does not take YOUR emotions anywhere....good for YOU.....i'm sorry YOU believe it sucks! it causes ME joy...it elevates MY emotions......point is think/believe whatever YOU want to think/believe.....I will think/believe whatever I want to.......just because it does not have those effects on YOU it necessarily has to be a fake? b-sides??

a lot of hostility on these boards....either way....a few days left to find out....and should I be proven wrong.....and this does turn out to be a fake/b-sides compilation.....then i will sincerely apologize for my incorrect thoughts/beliefs....on the subject....but my opinion of the album will not change.....however should that not be the case.......well figure it out

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 06:00 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

it does not cuase YOU joy......its does not take YOUR emotions anywhere....good for YOU.....i'm sorry YOU believe it sucks! it causes ME joy...it elevates MY emotions......point is think/believe whatever YOU want to think/believe.....I will think/believe whatever I want to.......just because it does not have those effects on YOU it necessarily has to be a fake? b-sides??

a lot of hostility on these boards....either way....a few days left to find out....and should I be proven wrong.....and this does turn out to be a fake/b-sides compilation.....then i will sincerely apologize for my incorrect thoughts/beliefs....on the subject....but my opinion of the album will not change.....however should that not be the case.......well figure it out

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 06:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Sigurd
04-22-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:

a lot of hostility on these boards....
lol yes it's how HE feels and why HE feels its a B-sides.

a lot of skimmers on these boards....
Old 04-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

a lot of hostility on these boards....
lol yes it's how HE feels and why HE feels its a B-sides.

OFFLINE |  
The Village Too
04-22-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
boy howdy
Old 04-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
boy howdy
OFFLINE |  
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-22-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickma
your blind
i love the bsides tracks but it isnt an album.

if you think this next collection of tool tracks is the "album" you seriously underestimate these tool boys.

Last edited by knot0fvipers; 04-22-2006 at 06:02 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
your blind

if you think this next collection of tool tracks is the "album" you seriously underestimate these tool boys.

Last edited by knot0fvipers; 04-22-2006 at 06:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 06:00 PM

@village:

an analogy: speaking in "planets" - if tool is the sun, and you (like us) are on earth - who circulates around who? or are you the sun?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

@village:

an analogy: speaking in "planets" - if tool is the sun, and you (like us) are on earth - who circulates around who? or are you the sun?
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhos
@village:

i hate quasi intellectual bullshit. Why speak in planets, why not just speak in english? Maybe its because I have been around this type of thinking for quite awhile but when people speak in analogy when straight forward thinking would suffice its because they are trying to fool you.
You got nothing, go back to your necronomicon.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
@village:

i hate quasi intellectual bullshit. Why speak in planets, why not just speak in english? Maybe its because I have been around this type of thinking for quite awhile but when people speak in analogy when straight forward thinking would suffice its because they are trying to fool you.
You got nothing, go back to your necronomicon.
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 06:08 PM

i use this analogy because english is not my mother tongue. and it's not quasi intellectual to point out that village is not the only person tool create music for.

go back to self reflection, idiot.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i use this analogy because english is not my mother tongue. and it's not quasi intellectual to point out that village is not the only person tool create music for.

go back to self reflection, idiot.
OFFLINE |  
The Village Too
04-22-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
@village:

i will revolve around the sun until may 2 proves or disproves my theory of b-siderdom, it which point i will continue my orbit or warp speed to the planet Yes, and revolve around the gravitational pull of Close to the Edge

edit: but your analogy shits on itself and the bed because my having an opinion doesn't mean tool has to write music for me. no band writes music for me. I listen to whatever the hell i wanna listen to, and i don't believe that is so drastic of a decision to draw stars into a gravitional orbit around me.

Last edited by The Village Too; 04-22-2006 at 06:12 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
@village:

i will revolve around the sun until may 2 proves or disproves my theory of b-siderdom, it which point i will continue my orbit or warp speed to the planet Yes, and revolve around the gravitational pull of Close to the Edge

edit: but your analogy shits on itself and the bed because my having an opinion doesn't mean tool has to write music for me. no band writes music for me. I listen to whatever the hell i wanna listen to, and i don't believe that is so drastic of a decision to draw stars into a gravitional orbit around me.

Last edited by The Village Too; 04-22-2006 at 06:12 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 06:11 PM

:D

great. cu there. or here.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

:D

great. cu there. or here.
OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM

what the fuck is the point in all this "arguing"?? a few days left....if what we have is a b-sides collection in front of us and something more gets released.....good....even more material!.....if not....yet again good....i like them =]
I believe an artist first and foremost creates works of art, be they music or otherwise, for himself/themsleves.....if people like it.....good.....if people don't it's not the artists problem......its invitable that not everyone in the whole world will enjoy and find appealing what one has created.....

.......hahahahaha....just realised how i managed to contradict myself to an extent.....why the fuck did i post here in the first place??

.......that is not to say that i intended to start off any arguments

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 06:22 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

what the fuck is the point in all this "arguing"?? a few days left....if what we have is a b-sides collection in front of us and something more gets released.....good....even more material!.....if not....yet again good....i like them =]
I believe an artist first and foremost creates works of art, be they music or otherwise, for himself/themsleves.....if people like it.....good.....if people don't it's not the artists problem......its invitable that not everyone in the whole world will enjoy and find appealing what one has created.....

.......hahahahaha....just realised how i managed to contradict myself to an extent.....why the fuck did i post here in the first place??

.......that is not to say that i intended to start off any arguments

Last edited by goa head; 04-22-2006 at 06:22 PM..
OFFLINE |  
bigtard
04-22-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:

Dude, that's, like, so deep.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
On Probation

Quote:

Dude, that's, like, so deep.
OFFLINE |  
bigtard
04-22-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima?
I expected...

- A heavier, more aggressive album because Blair said that's what it would be.
- A drum sound on "LK" that was supposed to sound like artillery explosions.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
On Probation

Quote:
what did you expect?...another lateralus? another aenima?
I expected...

OFFLINE |  
goa head
04-22-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtard
I expected...

Perhaps try not to base your expectations so much on what other people claim? =]
Old 04-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I expected...

Perhaps try not to base your expectations so much on what other people claim? =]
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
"10000 days sucks because it sucks".

a legitime opinion, but where's the clue to get there?

if you like to spend time in opinions, then why do this without argues? with this you're just bashing an album and i hope you have better things to do, things you really enjoy.

did you know that the probability of a heart attack increases by 50% if you be angry/aggressive very fast?

happy sunday!

edit: by the way - quoting lyrics of an album which sucks is very [put something senseful in]..

Last edited by Metalhos; 04-22-2006 at 07:08 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
"10000 days sucks because it sucks".

a legitime opinion, but where's the clue to get there?

if you like to spend time in opinions, then why do this without argues? with this you're just bashing an album and i hope you have better things to do, things you really enjoy.

did you know that the probability of a heart attack increases by 50% if you be angry/aggressive very fast?

happy sunday!

edit: by the way - quoting lyrics of an album which sucks is very [put something senseful in]..

Last edited by Metalhos; 04-22-2006 at 07:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-22-2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot0fvipers
your blind

And you expect too much from them.

This is it. It's over until the next album.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
your blind

And you expect too much from them.

This is it. It's over until the next album.
OFFLINE |  
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
04-22-2006, 06:47 PM

Don't think the hoax believers are denying the quality of the album. It's a good Tool album, it's clever the way they've redone all their riffs (not being sarcastic). I think the hoax believers are more put out by the fact that there's a 5 year gap between albums and all Tool do is release a melting pot of previous riffs. It's good, but put yourself in the point of view of the artist... why would you take a 5 years gap just to create this sort of album?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Don't think the hoax believers are denying the quality of the album. It's a good Tool album, it's clever the way they've redone all their riffs (not being sarcastic). I think the hoax believers are more put out by the fact that there's a 5 year gap between albums and all Tool do is release a melting pot of previous riffs. It's good, but put yourself in the point of view of the artist... why would you take a 5 years gap just to create this sort of album?
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
@village:

ok ill bite and make some stuff up like you are that sounds deep.

I would disagree, we are on earth, the sun is always the sun no matter what until it dies then we all die no matter what but tool is Jupiter.
Jupiter drags asteriods into its gravity hence deflecting a whole shitload of armageddons on earth. That is how tool acts by making us aware of these mental asteriods and thus averting them.

this post is complete BS, but im sure a fool could read a pattern in noise here.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
@village:

I would disagree, we are on earth, the sun is always the sun no matter what until it dies then we all die no matter what but tool is Jupiter.
Jupiter drags asteriods into its gravity hence deflecting a whole shitload of armageddons on earth. That is how tool acts by making us aware of these mental asteriods and thus averting them.

this post is complete BS, but im sure a fool could read a pattern in noise here.
OFFLINE |  
bigtard
04-22-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, because nihilism and extreme skepticism are sooooo useful.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #24
On Probation

Quote:
Yeah, because nihilism and extreme skepticism are sooooo useful.
OFFLINE |  
Bailx
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM

to be fair... there was a fake available a couple days before the real one came out... maybe these people grabbed the wrong one?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

to be fair... there was a fake available a couple days before the real one came out... maybe these people grabbed the wrong one?
OFFLINE |  
The Village Too
04-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailx
nope
Old 04-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
nope
OFFLINE |  
Metalhos
04-22-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:

omg. another working analogy. how could that be?????00??

analogies are not made to be right or wrong. they are there just to show something. in my analogy, tool was not the important part. you have completely misunderstood my intention, but - possibly - i am not familiar enough using the correct words for people who have grown up with english as first language.

and it couldn't be that bullshit cause village exactly gets the point what my analogy was about. call it "functional bullshit", if you like. i like it functional.

Last edited by Metalhos; 04-22-2006 at 07:21 PM..
Old 04-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

omg. another working analogy. how could that be?????00??

analogies are not made to be right or wrong. they are there just to show something. in my analogy, tool was not the important part. you have completely misunderstood my intention, but - possibly - i am not familiar enough using the correct words for people who have grown up with english as first language.

and it couldn't be that bullshit cause village exactly gets the point what my analogy was about. call it "functional bullshit", if you like. i like it functional.

Last edited by Metalhos; 04-22-2006 at 07:21 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
04-22-2006, 07:23 PM

GENERIC STATEMENT SHOWING THAT I AM A TRUE TOOL FAN

GENERIC DISMISSAL OF OTHER'S DIFFERENCE OPINIONS

RIDICULE OF THOSE WHO DIFFER.

MASTURBATORY, SELF CONGRATULATORY STATEMENT REGARDING THE NEW ALBUM'S QUALITY OR LACKTHEREOF

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #28
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

GENERIC STATEMENT SHOWING THAT I AM A TRUE TOOL FAN

GENERIC DISMISSAL OF OTHER'S DIFFERENCE OPINIONS

RIDICULE OF THOSE WHO DIFFER.

MASTURBATORY, SELF CONGRATULATORY STATEMENT REGARDING THE NEW ALBUM'S QUALITY OR LACKTHEREOF

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-22-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I'd say so.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I'd say so.
OFFLINE |  
bonch
04-22-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I expected...

You got the first one. There's more Meshuggah-inspired, chugga-chugga riffing on this album than any other past release. The second may have changed as production went on.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #30
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
I expected...

You got the first one. There's more Meshuggah-inspired, chugga-chugga riffing on this album than any other past release. The second may have changed as production went on.
OFFLINE |  
Absent Mind
04-22-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch
Ya, the first 6 seconds of Jambi.. Whoopadeedoooooo! What kind of a name is Jambi anyway???

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiny Ho...
Old 04-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #31
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch
Ya, the first 6 seconds of Jambi.. Whoopadeedoooooo! What kind of a name is Jambi anyway???

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiny Ho...
OFFLINE |  
spiiiral
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
.and should I be proven wrong.....and this does turn out to be a fake/b-sides compilation.....then i will sincerely apologize for my incorrect thoughts/beliefs...
you should NEVER offer to apologize for your beliefs man.

so what if you were wrong?

admitting you were wrong is one thing. apologizing for being wrong is an entirely different story.

have faith in your instinct and if youre wrong, laugh it off and move on.

dont let people on here make you feel as though you would owe them something for your current hypothesis not matching up, in the end, with the outcome.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
.and should I be proven wrong.....and this does turn out to be a fake/b-sides compilation.....then i will sincerely apologize for my incorrect thoughts/beliefs...
you should NEVER offer to apologize for your beliefs man.

so what if you were wrong?

admitting you were wrong is one thing. apologizing for being wrong is an entirely different story.

have faith in your instinct and if youre wrong, laugh it off and move on.

dont let people on here make you feel as though you would owe them something for your current hypothesis not matching up, in the end, with the outcome.
OFFLINE |  
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
04-23-2006, 12:35 PM

I wanna believe you guys but:

1.) Has any band ever released a fake album prior to the real one?
2.) Why would a band want to reward its fans for stealing by giving them new music they can't get anywhere else?
3.) Would releasing a fake album really keep anyone from downloading the real thing?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #33
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

2.) Why would a band want to reward its fans for stealing by giving them new music they can't get anywhere else?
3.) Would releasing a fake album really keep anyone from downloading the real thing?
OFFLINE |  
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-23-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Mack

1. Not got a clue.

2. Who says they won't release it? People like it which means there is demand, more money for the label if its released.

3. Yes. If the fans and pirates think they allready have the album why would they continue to look for it? Not watertight obviously, but it would be quite effective.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Quote:

1. Not got a clue.

2. Who says they won't release it? People like it which means there is demand, more money for the label if its released.

3. Yes. If the fans and pirates think they allready have the album why would they continue to look for it? Not watertight obviously, but it would be quite effective.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
Elementz
04-23-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I expected...

WERD.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I expected...

WERD.
OFFLINE |  
LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:

1) I don't think so... and should this turn out to be a practical joke, it will definitely go down in music history, even if someone else had released a fake album prior to releasing the real one. The amount of misinformation disseminated would be obscene.
2) Well, maybe the band doesn't see it as a reward... I don't know, I'm just being negative here, because I think the album is crap. Of course, some people do like it, so I imagine that Tool would make this available through legal means even if it was a "fake almbum." Also, do not count out the possibility that the album could be a double... I mean, there seems to be an overlying theme of stereoscopics, so two diferent albums (maybe even having the same track titles....?) released in a bundle would be right up their alley.
3) In a way.... if the file sharing servers were flooded with fake stuff... along with real track titles, it would become very difficult for someone to find the "real" Tool songs, even if they knew that there was a fake album to watch out for. Those file-sharing places are true quagmires, where a person can easily spend days trying to filter out stuff that they didn't even want to download in the first place.

Now, one question for ya'll... has there ever been a fan reaction like this, where a number of fans refuse to believe that a leaked album isn't the actual album?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

1) I don't think so... and should this turn out to be a practical joke, it will definitely go down in music history, even if someone else had released a fake album prior to releasing the real one. The amount of misinformation disseminated would be obscene.
2) Well, maybe the band doesn't see it as a reward... I don't know, I'm just being negative here, because I think the album is crap. Of course, some people do like it, so I imagine that Tool would make this available through legal means even if it was a "fake almbum." Also, do not count out the possibility that the album could be a double... I mean, there seems to be an overlying theme of stereoscopics, so two diferent albums (maybe even having the same track titles....?) released in a bundle would be right up their alley.
3) In a way.... if the file sharing servers were flooded with fake stuff... along with real track titles, it would become very difficult for someone to find the "real" Tool songs, even if they knew that there was a fake album to watch out for. Those file-sharing places are true quagmires, where a person can easily spend days trying to filter out stuff that they didn't even want to download in the first place.

Now, one question for ya'll... has there ever been a fan reaction like this, where a number of fans refuse to believe that a leaked album isn't the actual album?
OFFLINE |  
Bailx
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:

i know soad's (system of a down) mezmerize album had a fake out right before it's release...

to answer 3. i don't think so, but the riaa are pretty sneaky....and there are always gullible people... as evidenced here....
Old 04-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

i know soad's (system of a down) mezmerize album had a fake out right before it's release...

to answer 3. i don't think so, but the riaa are pretty sneaky....and there are always gullible people... as evidenced here....
OFFLINE |  
JShaney
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM

"Interesting?" thread but I for one think people have every right to be skeptical of the leak.

I don't believe the leak is fake, but some things going on are a little strange......but at the same time tool have always been a little strange.

anyways...I'll believe what I see, not what a leak presents to me. This thread is obsurd.....people have every right to......think for themselves....

If someone thinks they are somehow smarter than everyone else and genious in everything Tool, then they are kidding themselves.

You can suggest doubters "take up a new religion" however I believe it is you quit acting like you know all the answers.

If you really think you know so much than you should be giving us a lot more information than you have thus far.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #38
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"Interesting?" thread but I for one think people have every right to be skeptical of the leak.

I don't believe the leak is fake, but some things going on are a little strange......but at the same time tool have always been a little strange.

anyways...I'll believe what I see, not what a leak presents to me. This thread is obsurd.....people have every right to......think for themselves....

If someone thinks they are somehow smarter than everyone else and genious in everything Tool, then they are kidding themselves.

You can suggest doubters "take up a new religion" however I believe it is you quit acting like you know all the answers.

If you really think you know so much than you should be giving us a lot more information than you have thus far.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply