Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM

Maybe the supposed real album, to be released, is the hoax and this album, which was supposedly the hoax... is real!

NEWSFLASH: Tool releases hoax album AFTER real album! 10,000 dead in ensuing confusion...
Old 04-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #121
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23
Re: 10,000 Days Leak Comedy Gold!

Maybe the supposed real album, to be released, is the hoax and this album, which was supposedly the hoax... is real!

NEWSFLASH: Tool releases hoax album AFTER real album! 10,000 dead in ensuing confusion...
OFFLINE |  
Ardhanarishvara's Avatar Ardhanarishvara
05-01-2006, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodaboy
Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.
chodaboy, i hardly consider your original post to be constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 AM   #122
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardhanarishvara

Granted I did use a lot of Internet slang, I still pointed out that there is something strange about a lot of the songs. Music being recycled, some of the drums missing, and so on.

I really wanted them to pull it off. It is something that is totally like them. However, they may have just grown tired of all of that and just released the album. I would blame Blair mostly for this whole thing. If his newsletters weren't so god damned cryptic, I don't think there would be so much confusion.

Ya, by the way. Have you seen others posts on this forum? There are a ton of assholes. There the ones that say, "FUCK YOU!" "YOU SHOULD DIE". The best one is, the whole idea if you don't like the album you shouldn't be on this forum.

My post is genius compared to them.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #123
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardhanarishvara

Granted I did use a lot of Internet slang, I still pointed out that there is something strange about a lot of the songs. Music being recycled, some of the drums missing, and so on.

I really wanted them to pull it off. It is something that is totally like them. However, they may have just grown tired of all of that and just released the album. I would blame Blair mostly for this whole thing. If his newsletters weren't so god damned cryptic, I don't think there would be so much confusion.

Ya, by the way. Have you seen others posts on this forum? There are a ton of assholes. There the ones that say, "FUCK YOU!" "YOU SHOULD DIE". The best one is, the whole idea if you don't like the album you shouldn't be on this forum.

My post is genius compared to them.
05-01-2006, 10:13 AM

You know what's "totally like them"?

Their new album. Which leaked before it was released and is now in my posession.

I would think less of them as a band if they went to this much effort just to fuck around with their fans. What would be the point? Would it make them "cool" to make such a big and convincing hoax?

No. It'd just be pretentious and stupid.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #124
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

You know what's "totally like them"?

Their new album. Which leaked before it was released and is now in my posession.

I would think less of them as a band if they went to this much effort just to fuck around with their fans. What would be the point? Would it make them "cool" to make such a big and convincing hoax?

No. It'd just be pretentious and stupid.
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
05-01-2006, 11:33 AM

exactly, finally there's more and more people getting the joke. I've been saying it from the very beginning and hardly anyone took me seriously. The first time i listend to vicarious on the radio i literally laughed out loud at the 'la laa laaaha llaa part' its so obvious maynard is fucking with us there. While I dig the new material, there is a bigger part of me thinking this has to be a huge joke. Im happy tool is doing it though, like the tread starter said they will go down in rock in roll history for this... as if they werent already for being brilliant musicians.

..honestly people, take undertow for fucks sake.. compare it to '10,000 days' come on get a clue.

i liked someone’s political theory of '10,000 days' how its the bands way of drawing similarities between them lying to the public and bush doing the same with "WMD'S". I remember from the get go after sept. 11th i was sure bush was going to somehow tie that into iraq and invade them. I argued to the death with many republicans and some democrats, and now they see the light. Time tells all.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #125
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

exactly, finally there's more and more people getting the joke. I've been saying it from the very beginning and hardly anyone took me seriously. The first time i listend to vicarious on the radio i literally laughed out loud at the 'la laa laaaha llaa part' its so obvious maynard is fucking with us there. While I dig the new material, there is a bigger part of me thinking this has to be a huge joke. Im happy tool is doing it though, like the tread starter said they will go down in rock in roll history for this... as if they werent already for being brilliant musicians.

..honestly people, take undertow for fucks sake.. compare it to '10,000 days' come on get a clue.

i liked someone’s political theory of '10,000 days' how its the bands way of drawing similarities between them lying to the public and bush doing the same with "WMD'S". I remember from the get go after sept. 11th i was sure bush was going to somehow tie that into iraq and invade them. I argued to the death with many republicans and some democrats, and now they see the light. Time tells all.
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles

Hmm... I didn't think The Pot or Vicarious live even made me like them much better... Well part of Vicarious was very good at the end but still meh... I'd love if it was all fake... And I also laughed when I heard the "la la la la la la la lie" :\
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #126
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

Hmm... I didn't think The Pot or Vicarious live even made me like them much better... Well part of Vicarious was very good at the end but still meh... I'd love if it was all fake... And I also laughed when I heard the "la la la la la la la lie" :\
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM

They have now played the songs live. I am not sure if it is a joke album anymore.....
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #127
Level 4 - Thinker

They have now played the songs live. I am not sure if it is a joke album anymore.....
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Wait, am I misreading this post? Do you still think 10,000 days is a hoax, even if it's already being sold all over Europe and Australia and in some parts of the States? If you still are thinking that, well than you are what I would call delusional.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #128
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:

Wait, am I misreading this post? Do you still think 10,000 days is a hoax, even if it's already being sold all over Europe and Australia and in some parts of the States? If you still are thinking that, well than you are what I would call delusional.
05-01-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:

yeah let's compare it to an album they put out 13 years ago...for fuck's sake why didn't they just make undertow 2....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #129
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

Quote:

yeah let's compare it to an album they put out 13 years ago...for fuck's sake why didn't they just make undertow 2....
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms46and2
I think what people are trying to say is that 10,000 Days is not as good as their previous work. Sure they have some riffs and such from their previous work, but that makes it even worse. I think the camp that doesn't like the album isn't looking for a sequel. I think they are looking for more effort. I personall think 10,000 days was just "slapped together". The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #130
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I think what people are trying to say is that 10,000 Days is not as good as their previous work. Sure they have some riffs and such from their previous work, but that makes it even worse. I think the camp that doesn't like the album isn't looking for a sequel. I think they are looking for more effort. I personall think 10,000 days was just "slapped together". The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
10,000 Days > Undertow by lightyears
I would disagree.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #131
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
10,000 Days > Undertow by lightyears
I would disagree.
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:

your reading comprehension is inexcusable, is English your second language?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #132
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:

your reading comprehension is inexcusable, is English your second language?
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.
If you weren't turned upside down by the brutal honesty that was Wings/10kd then I don't know what would...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #133
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.
If you weren't turned upside down by the brutal honesty that was Wings/10kd then I don't know what would...
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath
As stated before, I believe Wings to be a good song, not great though. The lyrics were straight from the heart. I believe Disposition/Reflection to be better. Sound and lyricly. Even thirdeye was better.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #134
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
As stated before, I believe Wings to be a good song, not great though. The lyrics were straight from the heart. I believe Disposition/Reflection to be better. Sound and lyricly. Even thirdeye was better.
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM

I consider 10,000 days (the song mind you) to be the pinacle of Tool's prog history. Seriously fuck pushit and fuck D/R/T. 10,000 days is where the heart is.

Edit: fuck pushit might have been a bit harsh. Great song but Wings is better imo.

Last edited by Volrath; 05-01-2006 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #135
Level 10 - Vehement

I consider 10,000 days (the song mind you) to be the pinacle of Tool's prog history. Seriously fuck pushit and fuck D/R/T. 10,000 days is where the heart is.

Edit: fuck pushit might have been a bit harsh. Great song but Wings is better imo.

Last edited by Volrath; 05-01-2006 at 01:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Lyricly, I would agree with you. The song itself just builds and builds with no real payoff.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #136
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Lyricly, I would agree with you. The song itself just builds and builds with no real payoff.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply