Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
ethos
04-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiner4482
You're don't know much about ripping, encoding, transcoding, or any of that stuff. Itunes = shitty encoder. EAC for rips, LAME for encode, anything other than that really isn't gonna be of a good quality. Transcoding = bad, don't ever do it because you lose even more through all the transfers that get done. The album was a shitty rip, and encode that's why it doesn't sound all that great, no matter what headphones you listen to it on. If you think it sounds good with great headphones you don't really know what good sound is and you think it sounds likeomfgbadass cause I have 10000 million dolloar headphones.
Quoted because he's right! :)
Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: "A Definate 2-CD Album"

Quote:
You're don't know much about ripping, encoding, transcoding, or any of that stuff. Itunes = shitty encoder. EAC for rips, LAME for encode, anything other than that really isn't gonna be of a good quality. Transcoding = bad, don't ever do it because you lose even more through all the transfers that get done. The album was a shitty rip, and encode that's why it doesn't sound all that great, no matter what headphones you listen to it on. If you think it sounds good with great headphones you don't really know what good sound is and you think it sounds likeomfgbadass cause I have 10000 million dolloar headphones.
Quoted because he's right! :)
OFFLINE |  
Dungflowers
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM

I know for a fact that the $26 version will be 5 channel DVD audio on one side and the regular CD on the other.

How do I know?

Because I don't.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #82
Level 4 - Thinker

I know for a fact that the $26 version will be 5 channel DVD audio on one side and the regular CD on the other.

How do I know?

Because I don't.
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozeley
Well if this is true then that means I'm only paying 8 pound for a double cd album...which isn't really believable.
Exactly, and everybody here should know that TOOL really love money, and they would never release a double-disc with a fucking badass booklet with lens and everything for just 8/9 shitty dollars, people here seems to have lost their sense of reality x)
Old 04-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #83
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozeley
Well if this is true then that means I'm only paying 8 pound for a double cd album...which isn't really believable.
Exactly, and everybody here should know that TOOL really love money, and they would never release a double-disc with a fucking badass booklet with lens and everything for just 8/9 shitty dollars, people here seems to have lost their sense of reality x)
OFFLINE |  
Tachyon
04-23-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayne
If there was anymore material on the disc, it would have leaked out by now, and we would listening to it. full stop.
There is no way that god himslef could keep this quite till 9 days (less in some countries) before the release. Thats it.

unless tool release something else in like a couple months that hasn't yet been put into production...
Dude, have you already seen a leaked version of Stadium Arcadium? (RHCP) That´s due on may 6. I think they could control prevention of leaks if they want. I dont know how tight security is at the cd-making-factories though
Old 04-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #84
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayne
If there was anymore material on the disc, it would have leaked out by now, and we would listening to it. full stop.
There is no way that god himslef could keep this quite till 9 days (less in some countries) before the release. Thats it.

unless tool release something else in like a couple months that hasn't yet been put into production...
Dude, have you already seen a leaked version of Stadium Arcadium? (RHCP) That´s due on may 6. I think they could control prevention of leaks if they want. I dont know how tight security is at the cd-making-factories though
04-24-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife21

The more I listen to the leak and listen to the production quality and compare it to that of lateralus the more I think it kinda sounds muffled a bit and unclear at times. When I listen to Lateralus the vocals are crisp and clear and I can here every little bit of the instruments in each song. I have a very high quality sound system in my car and maybe thats the reason I can see the difference.
I agree with you.. Mayby the leaked version isnt completely mixed. If it hasnt been mixed properly the retail just might contain stuff that isnt on the leak :-). But most likely the leak is just a bad rip.. Can't wait to get a hold of the real deal!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:31 AM   #85
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife21

The more I listen to the leak and listen to the production quality and compare it to that of lateralus the more I think it kinda sounds muffled a bit and unclear at times. When I listen to Lateralus the vocals are crisp and clear and I can here every little bit of the instruments in each song. I have a very high quality sound system in my car and maybe thats the reason I can see the difference.
I agree with you.. Mayby the leaked version isnt completely mixed. If it hasnt been mixed properly the retail just might contain stuff that isnt on the leak :-). But most likely the leak is just a bad rip.. Can't wait to get a hold of the real deal!
04-24-2006, 01:35 AM

The CD is almost 80 minutes long... CDs can't be longer than 80 minutes.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 04-24-2006, 01:35 AM   #86
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

The CD is almost 80 minutes long... CDs can't be longer than 80 minutes.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
OFFLINE |  
Ulukai
04-24-2006, 01:48 AM

The CD+DVD that is going to be out on may 16th has nothing to do with 10,000

Last edited by Ulukai; 04-24-2006 at 02:05 AM..
Old 04-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #87
Level 1 - Lurker

The CD+DVD that is going to be out on may 16th has nothing to do with 10,000

Last edited by Ulukai; 04-24-2006 at 02:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
jackfriday's Avatar jackfriday
04-24-2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
Maybe the second disc is Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy".
ROFLCOPTERS and whatnot.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 AM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
Maybe the second disc is Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy".
ROFLCOPTERS and whatnot.
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-24-2006, 04:00 AM

Quote:
The album was a shitty rip, and encode that's why it doesn't sound all that great, no matter what headphones you listen to it on. If you think it sounds good with great headphones you don't really know what good sound is and you think it sounds likeomfgbadass cause I have 10000 million dolloar headphones.
there is a huge difference though between the sound a bad rip and the sound of poorly produced music. The encoder didnt go through and randomly make vicarious sound crystal clear with awesome production, turn the guitars up to much in right in two, turn the bass up way to much in some songs, then some songs sound like the mix is done but bob ludwig just hadnt got to them yet.

If this is not a fake the only thing that I think could account for this is that vicarious was pushed ahead production wise to be finished first because it was the single, then someone ripped what was a promo where the other tracks had not been totally done being produced yet. I find it hard to believe though that tool would be sending out unfinished production wise promo disks.

It would be odd if there was other music coming out that it has not been ripped yet but the same logic applies to why we dont have a proper 320k LAME encoded rip or an ISO/wav rip of whatever disk the itunes encoded rip came from.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:00 AM   #89
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
The album was a shitty rip, and encode that's why it doesn't sound all that great, no matter what headphones you listen to it on. If you think it sounds good with great headphones you don't really know what good sound is and you think it sounds likeomfgbadass cause I have 10000 million dolloar headphones.
there is a huge difference though between the sound a bad rip and the sound of poorly produced music. The encoder didnt go through and randomly make vicarious sound crystal clear with awesome production, turn the guitars up to much in right in two, turn the bass up way to much in some songs, then some songs sound like the mix is done but bob ludwig just hadnt got to them yet.

If this is not a fake the only thing that I think could account for this is that vicarious was pushed ahead production wise to be finished first because it was the single, then someone ripped what was a promo where the other tracks had not been totally done being produced yet. I find it hard to believe though that tool would be sending out unfinished production wise promo disks.

It would be odd if there was other music coming out that it has not been ripped yet but the same logic applies to why we dont have a proper 320k LAME encoded rip or an ISO/wav rip of whatever disk the itunes encoded rip came from.
OFFLINE |  
PoonTaco
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenseven
There's been talk that this album "feels shorter" than Lateralus. That's becuse it is... it's 76 minutes and take away viginti tres, lipan conjuring and lost keys, we're looking at 66 minutes roughly. Lateralus was what, 88 minutes? and it had much shorter interludes that were also more relevant to the music (eon blue melding into Patient, mantra into Schism, etc..)

So I am not dismissive of the rumors of a double album with more music, but the idea that the other disc is simply a DVD- audio format is much more plausible.

Basically, Lateralus was an opus, it's hard to top or even match that. I think we should be happy with what we have.
You're stupid.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM   #90

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrenseven
There's been talk that this album "feels shorter" than Lateralus. That's becuse it is... it's 76 minutes and take away viginti tres, lipan conjuring and lost keys, we're looking at 66 minutes roughly. Lateralus was what, 88 minutes? and it had much shorter interludes that were also more relevant to the music (eon blue melding into Patient, mantra into Schism, etc..)

So I am not dismissive of the rumors of a double album with more music, but the idea that the other disc is simply a DVD- audio format is much more plausible.

Basically, Lateralus was an opus, it's hard to top or even match that. I think we should be happy with what we have.
You're stupid.
OFFLINE |  
GradyWhite
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM

hey guys i find this interesting
http://theninhotline.net/toolnews/ar...omo_inside.jpg
and
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...aseinsides.jpg

2 different cd covers.hmm maybe it is a double disc
Old 04-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #91
Level 3 - Talker

and

OFFLINE |  
Nietzsche's Dead's Avatar Nietzsche's Dead
04-24-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
What I would like you to do, is prove that you aint some fucked up lurker with 1 post, and make us all very happy my making a whole nother post to move your grand total to 2, by adding a link to a source, and make us all very happy people.
actually, doesnt the fact that he is a lurker with only 1 post make his statement more credible in this situation? kinda like - he made an account just so he could let us in on some information, in hopes of calming people down?

Last edited by Nietzsche's Dead; 04-24-2006 at 11:03 PM..
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
What I would like you to do, is prove that you aint some fucked up lurker with 1 post, and make us all very happy my making a whole nother post to move your grand total to 2, by adding a link to a source, and make us all very happy people.
actually, doesnt the fact that he is a lurker with only 1 post make his statement more credible in this situation? kinda like - he made an account just so he could let us in on some information, in hopes of calming people down?

Last edited by Nietzsche's Dead; 04-24-2006 at 11:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Nietzsche's Dead's Avatar Nietzsche's Dead
04-24-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyWhite
and

no - the first picture is of the Vicarious single that went out to radiostations. But that is the first time I saw the actual disc , the second picture (though i had already seen the unique packaging), and its absolutely beautiful :D. so thanks for the link ;)
Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #93

Quote:
and

no - the first picture is of the Vicarious single that went out to radiostations. But that is the first time I saw the actual disc , the second picture (though i had already seen the unique packaging), and its absolutely beautiful :D. so thanks for the link ;)
OFFLINE |  
puns
04-24-2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
and

1st link is vicarious promo cd cover

2nd link looks quite genuine to me ...
great find if it is the real cd cover ... from where you got this ?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:06 PM   #94
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
and

OFFLINE |  
Masses
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche's Dead
kinda like he's some regular's alter ego. or he only associates with the rumours forum.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #95
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche's Dead
kinda like he's some regular's alter ego. or he only associates with the rumours forum.
OFFLINE |  
GradyWhite
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM

it was in a thread on the tooltabs.net website

http://www.tooltabs.net/forum_two/viewtopic.php?t=2976
Old 04-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #96
Level 3 - Talker

OFFLINE |  
chalk_line's Avatar chalk_line
04-24-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:

thats some funny shiot, nice find
Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #97
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:

thats some funny shiot, nice find
gem_37
04-25-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma
I hope it's a double disc! Maybe the leak was all their shitty music and the better stuff is still to come!
DUde if the leak was their shitty suff then i dont want to know what the album sounds like ... its gonna kick seriouse toggas....
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #98
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma
I hope it's a double disc! Maybe the leak was all their shitty music and the better stuff is still to come!
DUde if the leak was their shitty suff then i dont want to know what the album sounds like ... its gonna kick seriouse toggas....
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-25-2006, 03:17 AM   #99
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM

CDs can't be more than 80 minutes! Lateralus was not 88 minutes!

It's like 78:58.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #100
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

CDs can't be more than 80 minutes! Lateralus was not 88 minutes!

It's like 78:58.
OFFLINE |  
day_for_night
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatoth
the original leak was 192kbps AAC, ripped with iTunes. If you have a 320kbps MP3 rip, it would mean it's a transcode, and this would further compress the music.

edit: well, not directly compress the music, but it would be transcoded and this will result in even more loss. AAC and iTunes aren't that great of a combination when it comes to encoding CDs.

my 2 cent.

actually, the rip was completely shit quality.

This rip was done in iTunes... using an old version, with an old version of Quicktime. Then for some reason it was re-encoded and the genius who did it also upsampled from 44.1 khz to 48 khz (why iTunes lets you do this is beyond me). So now you get all sorts of distortions on the low end which REALLY sucks because there is a lot of kick-ass bass on this CD. Then there are the two second gaps between tracks which totaly screws the intended seamless segues of a few of the tracks. Unfortuatly, I don't think the vocals will have much more clarity on the legit disc, since most of the reviews I've read say that Maynard toned them down a bit so the rest of the band gets just as much attention.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #101
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatoth
the original leak was 192kbps AAC, ripped with iTunes. If you have a 320kbps MP3 rip, it would mean it's a transcode, and this would further compress the music.

edit: well, not directly compress the music, but it would be transcoded and this will result in even more loss. AAC and iTunes aren't that great of a combination when it comes to encoding CDs.

my 2 cent.

actually, the rip was completely shit quality.

This rip was done in iTunes... using an old version, with an old version of Quicktime. Then for some reason it was re-encoded and the genius who did it also upsampled from 44.1 khz to 48 khz (why iTunes lets you do this is beyond me). So now you get all sorts of distortions on the low end which REALLY sucks because there is a lot of kick-ass bass on this CD. Then there are the two second gaps between tracks which totaly screws the intended seamless segues of a few of the tracks. Unfortuatly, I don't think the vocals will have much more clarity on the legit disc, since most of the reviews I've read say that Maynard toned them down a bit so the rest of the band gets just as much attention.
OFFLINE |  
gem_37
04-26-2006, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puns

Ist one looks more genuine to me... why would tool use old artwork from alex grey ? anyone who is an alex grey fan would have seen those immages 10000 times. Tool are and always will be alot more original than that.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puns

Ist one looks more genuine to me... why would tool use old artwork from alex grey ? anyone who is an alex grey fan would have seen those immages 10000 times. Tool are and always will be alot more original than that.
OFFLINE |  
TyGold's Avatar TyGold
04-26-2006, 01:55 AM

No disrespect to alex grey, but all his stuff looks very similar, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually what the cd looks like.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:55 AM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

No disrespect to alex grey, but all his stuff looks very similar, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually what the cd looks like.
OFFLINE |  
piddefull
04-26-2006, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungflowers

How do I know?

Because I don't.
i would pay 40$ for a dvd 5.1 version from tool of this album. If it would be anything like the mix of "growing up" by peter gabriel on the play the videos dvd i would never leave my living room again. (unfortunatly the rest of the UP album is only available in SACD5.1)
as far as quality.. i am sure the cd will be cleaner and clearer, but mistakes can be made during mixdown, an example would be vapor trails by rush, good album, horrible muddy mix though. probally only sounds good on the system it was mixed on, as it is a for shit mix IMO on any stereo or device i have listgened to it on.(the actual cd)
Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #104
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungflowers

How do I know?

Because I don't.
i would pay 40$ for a dvd 5.1 version from tool of this album. If it would be anything like the mix of "growing up" by peter gabriel on the play the videos dvd i would never leave my living room again. (unfortunatly the rest of the UP album is only available in SACD5.1)
as far as quality.. i am sure the cd will be cleaner and clearer, but mistakes can be made during mixdown, an example would be vapor trails by rush, good album, horrible muddy mix though. probally only sounds good on the system it was mixed on, as it is a for shit mix IMO on any stereo or device i have listgened to it on.(the actual cd)
OFFLINE |  
Shpongleyes
04-26-2006, 06:09 PM

OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

I have the album. not the leak, but the version FOR SALE in the US. I paid for it in a music store, and have listened to the entire actual CD. There is only ONE cd, but the artwork is pretty darned cool. Collective Vision by Alex Grey is on the cd, and there is more of his art inside.... i'm not gonna get too in depth, but unless there is another version coming out, THIS is the one that will be in every store in the country in a week or so. I downloaded the leaked version and have compared the two, and the cd version sounds much better, but i really don't hear a ridiculous difference other than the pauses between tracks aren't there now and the like.....

FYI y'all...

~Matt
Old 04-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #105
Level 4 - Thinker

OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

I have the album. not the leak, but the version FOR SALE in the US. I paid for it in a music store, and have listened to the entire actual CD. There is only ONE cd, but the artwork is pretty darned cool. Collective Vision by Alex Grey is on the cd, and there is more of his art inside.... i'm not gonna get too in depth, but unless there is another version coming out, THIS is the one that will be in every store in the country in a week or so. I downloaded the leaked version and have compared the two, and the cd version sounds much better, but i really don't hear a ridiculous difference other than the pauses between tracks aren't there now and the like.....

FYI y'all...

~Matt
OFFLINE |  
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
04-26-2006, 06:37 PM

this is where you show proof.

I can Fly

See? I can do it too.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #106
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

this is where you show proof.

I can Fly

See? I can do it too.
04-26-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpongleyes
OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

FYI y'all...

~Matt
you have the album FOR SALE in the US? dude, it has not released yet ANYWHERE, and unless you are the guy who illegally stole the copy and burned it onto the net, you're going to have to show proof.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #107
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpongleyes
OK EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

FYI y'all...

~Matt
you have the album FOR SALE in the US? dude, it has not released yet ANYWHERE, and unless you are the guy who illegally stole the copy and burned it onto the net, you're going to have to show proof.
OFFLINE |  
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliphornia
and if he IS the dude who stole the CD and leaked it.. and if the leaked copy IS the real copy... then im gonna stick my lateralus up his aenima.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #108
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliphornia
and if he IS the dude who stole the CD and leaked it.. and if the leaked copy IS the real copy... then im gonna stick my lateralus up his aenima.
04-26-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
and

Someone pointed out on a VW forum that if you look at that 2nd pic of the 10,000 Days album, you can see the one CD in the holder, and also what looks like the back of a 2nd CD all the way over to the right in the pic.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #109
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
and

Someone pointed out on a VW forum that if you look at that 2nd pic of the 10,000 Days album, you can see the one CD in the holder, and also what looks like the back of a 2nd CD all the way over to the right in the pic.
OFFLINE |  
Liam's Avatar Liam
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM

shut up.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #110
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

shut up.
OFFLINE |  
smk4813's Avatar smk4813
04-26-2006, 09:56 PM

I've heard a lot about this....

Even the local radio stations have picked up on the unconfirmed rumor that it might be a double album which would nice, preferrably with some live material maybe from Lateralus or something.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #111
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

I've heard a lot about this....

Even the local radio stations have picked up on the unconfirmed rumor that it might be a double album which would nice, preferrably with some live material maybe from Lateralus or something.
Hilikus
04-27-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cefed4

i see what you're talking about, and it does look like another cd. the light reflects off of it like its the back. (possibly?) good find
Old 04-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #112
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cefed4

i see what you're talking about, and it does look like another cd. the light reflects off of it like its the back. (possibly?) good find
OFFLINE |  
talibad's Avatar talibad
04-27-2006, 06:53 AM

i got more pics in my myspace www.myspace.com/mindash. full view of the cd and all. and the local record store confirmed for me its a single cd and ive known those guys for years
Old 04-27-2006, 06:53 AM   #113
Banned.

Location: 41 degrees 23'57"42" N by 75 degrees 42'38.51" W elevation 822
Bincount™: 93

i got more pics in my myspace www.myspace.com/mindash. full view of the cd and all. and the local record store confirmed for me its a single cd and ive known those guys for years
OFFLINE |  
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-27-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampgod
I concur, read Guitar World's interview with Adam, read any legitimate review of the album ( they all bring up the same lyrics and talk about how there are re hashings of old tool parts throughout as a reminder), this is the real deal, if anyone seriously deeply believes otherwise then I imagine you'll be disappointed the day it drops. What does it say in the forum? "Anyone posting links to leaked material will be banned.", now, why would they ban someone for posting a link to a "decoy" album? Think things through and read between the lines, because it's possible there is something that has been forgotten, missed, overlooked within the words of newsletters and interviews. I happen to love this record, enough to not bash it and still buy the physical copy the day it drops. It is heavier as well, not necessarily musically but ambiently, emotionally, it's down right suffocating. So you have 2 options, you can think about my post and decide for yourself or you can curse me of and tell me to shove it and all manner of language under the sun. Choose carefully.
maybe they would do that to make you think that the album was real. I'm still undecided on the whole thing but we'll find out on May 2nd unless you're fucking australian.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #114
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampgod
I concur, read Guitar World's interview with Adam, read any legitimate review of the album ( they all bring up the same lyrics and talk about how there are re hashings of old tool parts throughout as a reminder), this is the real deal, if anyone seriously deeply believes otherwise then I imagine you'll be disappointed the day it drops. What does it say in the forum? "Anyone posting links to leaked material will be banned.", now, why would they ban someone for posting a link to a "decoy" album? Think things through and read between the lines, because it's possible there is something that has been forgotten, missed, overlooked within the words of newsletters and interviews. I happen to love this record, enough to not bash it and still buy the physical copy the day it drops. It is heavier as well, not necessarily musically but ambiently, emotionally, it's down right suffocating. So you have 2 options, you can think about my post and decide for yourself or you can curse me of and tell me to shove it and all manner of language under the sun. Choose carefully.
maybe they would do that to make you think that the album was real. I'm still undecided on the whole thing but we'll find out on May 2nd unless you're fucking australian.
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-27-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletLetterMan
The only thing that leads me to believe there may be more is something that was mentioned in Kabir's review. He said at the end of his impromptu listening session that he did not get to hear Viginti Tres, but was told that it was another segue. Now, doesn't segue mean that it is supposed to "segue into" something else? Maybe Viginti Tres segues into whatever may be on the other disc/other side of the disc. I could be, and probably am, wrong, but Viginti Tres definitely sounded like something was supposed to happen after the end, and in my opinion was a terrible way to end the album if there is nothing else coming.
yeah well he also said that he'd forgot to mention that he'd listened to it. What the fuck. this is the high point of the fucking year.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 AM   #115
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletLetterMan
The only thing that leads me to believe there may be more is something that was mentioned in Kabir's review. He said at the end of his impromptu listening session that he did not get to hear Viginti Tres, but was told that it was another segue. Now, doesn't segue mean that it is supposed to "segue into" something else? Maybe Viginti Tres segues into whatever may be on the other disc/other side of the disc. I could be, and probably am, wrong, but Viginti Tres definitely sounded like something was supposed to happen after the end, and in my opinion was a terrible way to end the album if there is nothing else coming.
yeah well he also said that he'd forgot to mention that he'd listened to it. What the fuck. this is the high point of the fucking year.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply