Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Bassfreeker
04-21-2006, 06:45 AM

I know I can't prove this, but because of all the hype here I spoke to my friend who works at a local CD store if he knew anything. He checked the list of incoming CD's and the list he had (and I saw it) said 'Tool - 10,000 Days (Double Album)' the list was from Intermusic SA? I will try and get a copy uploaded. This could be interesting...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
"A Definate 2-CD Album"

I know I can't prove this, but because of all the hype here I spoke to my friend who works at a local CD store if he knew anything. He checked the list of incoming CD's and the list he had (and I saw it) said 'Tool - 10,000 Days (Double Album)' the list was from Intermusic SA? I will try and get a copy uploaded. This could be interesting...
OFFLINE |  
demoncleaner
04-21-2006, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfreeker
Now this, I believe. Seriously.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: "A Definate 2-CD Album"

Quote:
Now this, I believe. Seriously.
OFFLINE |  
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
04-21-2006, 06:49 AM

Sure it didn't say "double disc"?

A lot of albums recently have been released in single disc and double disc format, with music on one side and extras on the other, on the dual disc.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:49 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Sure it didn't say "double disc"?

A lot of albums recently have been released in single disc and double disc format, with music on one side and extras on the other, on the dual disc.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-21-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:

What I would like you to do, is prove that you aint some fucked up lurker with 1 post, and make us all very happy my making a whole nother post to move your grand total to 2, by adding a link to a source, and make us all very happy people.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:

What I would like you to do, is prove that you aint some fucked up lurker with 1 post, and make us all very happy my making a whole nother post to move your grand total to 2, by adding a link to a source, and make us all very happy people.
OFFLINE |  
Jayar's Avatar Jayar
04-21-2006, 06:51 AM

Stop getting my hopes up!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 AM   #5
Suicide Booth ID: 15

Bincount™: 2221

OFFLINE |  
Mozeley's Avatar Mozeley
04-21-2006, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayar
Well if this is true then that means I'm only paying 8 pound for a double cd album...which isn't really believable.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:52 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayar
Well if this is true then that means I'm only paying 8 pound for a double cd album...which isn't really believable.
04-21-2006, 06:55 AM

Could you scan the list and load it up? Then the discussion can go on, otherwise we're again wasting our time.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Could you scan the list and load it up? Then the discussion can go on, otherwise we're again wasting our time.
OFFLINE |  
Bassfreeker
04-21-2006, 06:55 AM

It could have been 'Double Disc', but it seemed to be worded like there was 2 discs, I need to get a copy!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

It could have been 'Double Disc', but it seemed to be worded like there was 2 discs, I need to get a copy!
OFFLINE |  
Teratoma's Avatar Teratoma
04-21-2006, 07:03 AM

I hope it's a double disc! Maybe the leak was all their shitty music and the better stuff is still to come!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

I hope it's a double disc! Maybe the leak was all their shitty music and the better stuff is still to come!
OFFLINE |  
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
04-21-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma

That way lay madness =/

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:04 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratoma

That way lay madness =/

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
BlindVisionary's Avatar BlindVisionary
04-21-2006, 07:07 AM

Until proof, it is a rumour...
Old 04-21-2006, 07:07 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Until proof, it is a rumour...
04-21-2006, 07:08 AM

Quote:
let me make this 100% clear:

IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE AUTHENTIC, AND THE MUSIC DOES, IN FACT, NOT SUCK ASS, I AM GOING TO PUSH MY PENIS VERY, VERY DEEP INTO THE HOLE IN YOUR ASS AND COMMENCE HAVING SEX WITH IT.

and i am in no way kidding.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

Quote:

IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE AUTHENTIC, AND THE MUSIC DOES, IN FACT, NOT SUCK ASS, I AM GOING TO PUSH MY PENIS VERY, VERY DEEP INTO THE HOLE IN YOUR ASS AND COMMENCE HAVING SEX WITH IT.

04-21-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

Me too.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

Me too.
04-21-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBanana
Me too.
*high five*
Old 04-21-2006, 07:12 AM   #14
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

Quote:
Me too.
*high five*
04-21-2006, 07:13 AM

My local CD store doesn't say it's a double album, and I checked with them to make sure.

What you're hearing is it, people. It's the new 10,000 Days album.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 AM   #15

Bincount™: 2

My local CD store doesn't say it's a double album, and I checked with them to make sure.

What you're hearing is it, people. It's the new 10,000 Days album.
OFFLINE |  
redbox
04-21-2006, 07:13 AM

lol
Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

lol
OFFLINE |  
stinkfish's Avatar stinkfish
04-21-2006, 07:14 AM

bullshit
Old 04-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 21

bullshit
OFFLINE |  
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
04-21-2006, 07:15 AM

My Father works at a local CD store (that means he is a god, just like radio DJs) and he told me that the new Toolalbum isn't called 10000 days but 'Bassfreeker has 2 posts and 0 balls'.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

My Father works at a local CD store (that means he is a god, just like radio DJs) and he told me that the new Toolalbum isn't called 10000 days but 'Bassfreeker has 2 posts and 0 balls'.
OFFLINE |  
Aggroculture's Avatar Aggroculture
04-21-2006, 07:15 AM

I think there's only going to be 10,000 copies released, one for each day and they can only sell one a day. Sux 2 B A TEWL FAN
Old 04-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

I think there's only going to be 10,000 copies released, one for each day and they can only sell one a day. Sux 2 B A TEWL FAN
OFFLINE |  
bluefire's Avatar bluefire
04-21-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:
I know I can't prove this
I stopped reading right about there.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #20
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

Quote:
I know I can't prove this
I stopped reading right about there.
OFFLINE |  
Zeus's Avatar Zeus
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM

It's one physical CD, but it will be double-sided. You can flip the CD over in your player and play the REAL album. First time this has been done. Good job Tool.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

It's one physical CD, but it will be double-sided. You can flip the CD over in your player and play the REAL album. First time this has been done. Good job Tool.
OFFLINE |  
welb
04-21-2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
heh, didn't Alex Grey say that the "unit itself" is unlike anything anyone has ever done? I still don't believe it, though.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
heh, didn't Alex Grey say that the "unit itself" is unlike anything anyone has ever done? I still don't believe it, though.
OFFLINE |  
Indrid Cold's Avatar Indrid Cold
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM

Double Disks pwn Dual disks. Dual Disks suck big time.

I'd rather have 2 physical cds than one with two sides and no artwork.

TDNGallery http://photobucket.com/TDNUserGallery
Old 04-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #23
Darkwolf

Bincount™: 270

Double Disks pwn Dual disks. Dual Disks suck big time.

I'd rather have 2 physical cds than one with two sides and no artwork.

TDNGallery http://photobucket.com/TDNUserGallery
OFFLINE |  
Strife21's Avatar Strife21
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM

Well I tend to believe this is a possiblity. With the new lightscribe technology and everything Alex Grey could very possibly do some art on the actual disc and still have it play on both sides.

The more I listen to the leak and listen to the production quality and compare it to that of lateralus the more I think it kinda sounds muffled a bit and unclear at times. When I listen to Lateralus the vocals are crisp and clear and I can here every little bit of the instruments in each song. I have a very high quality sound system in my car and maybe thats the reason I can see the difference.

Hmm wouldnt having a dual sided disc bring a similarity to all that stereoscopic stuff like seeing two images in one?

Last edited by Strife21; 04-21-2006 at 09:37 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well I tend to believe this is a possiblity. With the new lightscribe technology and everything Alex Grey could very possibly do some art on the actual disc and still have it play on both sides.

The more I listen to the leak and listen to the production quality and compare it to that of lateralus the more I think it kinda sounds muffled a bit and unclear at times. When I listen to Lateralus the vocals are crisp and clear and I can here every little bit of the instruments in each song. I have a very high quality sound system in my car and maybe thats the reason I can see the difference.

Hmm wouldnt having a dual sided disc bring a similarity to all that stereoscopic stuff like seeing two images in one?

Last edited by Strife21; 04-21-2006 at 09:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Idon't think so.
A good friend of mine works in a music store and he's holding out that the leak is a decoy but I asked him about this and they don't have any record that it's a double album at all.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #25

Idon't think so.
A good friend of mine works in a music store and he's holding out that the leak is a decoy but I asked him about this and they don't have any record that it's a double album at all.
OFFLINE |  
azatoth's Avatar azatoth
04-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife21
when commenting on the soundquality, you have to keep in mind that it's indeed a leak encoded in a lossy format and the actual disc will sound much better.

2-disc or hoax album...i'll wait until may.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
when commenting on the soundquality, you have to keep in mind that it's indeed a leak encoded in a lossy format and the actual disc will sound much better.

2-disc or hoax album...i'll wait until may.
OFFLINE |  
DirtyBanana's Avatar DirtyBanana
04-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatoth
320 KPS is bad quality?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatoth
320 KPS is bad quality?
04-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Yea but ACC usually tends to sound as good as high bit rate mp3s or better. Either way I love the album so I will be happy either way but I sure would love to see a dual disc.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yea but ACC usually tends to sound as good as high bit rate mp3s or better. Either way I love the album so I will be happy either way but I sure would love to see a dual disc.
OFFLINE |  
evrenseven
04-21-2006, 09:59 AM

There's been talk that this album "feels shorter" than Lateralus. That's becuse it is... it's 76 minutes and take away viginti tres, lipan conjuring and lost keys, we're looking at 66 minutes roughly. Lateralus was what, 88 minutes? and it had much shorter interludes that were also more relevant to the music (eon blue melding into Patient, mantra into Schism, etc..)

So I am not dismissive of the rumors of a double album with more music, but the idea that the other disc is simply a DVD- audio format is much more plausible.

Basically, Lateralus was an opus, it's hard to top or even match that. I think we should be happy with what we have.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #29
Level 2 - Poster

There's been talk that this album "feels shorter" than Lateralus. That's becuse it is... it's 76 minutes and take away viginti tres, lipan conjuring and lost keys, we're looking at 66 minutes roughly. Lateralus was what, 88 minutes? and it had much shorter interludes that were also more relevant to the music (eon blue melding into Patient, mantra into Schism, etc..)

So I am not dismissive of the rumors of a double album with more music, but the idea that the other disc is simply a DVD- audio format is much more plausible.

Basically, Lateralus was an opus, it's hard to top or even match that. I think we should be happy with what we have.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM

Well the interludes on 10,000 days are completely stupid if you ask me. There really arent enough songs on the album even though the songs on there are long. There needed to be more variety rather then wasting space on the cd with interludes. Mind you the songs that are on there all rock. At least the interludes and stuff on lateralus were more revlelant to the music so I didnt mind it as much.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well the interludes on 10,000 days are completely stupid if you ask me. There really arent enough songs on the album even though the songs on there are long. There needed to be more variety rather then wasting space on the cd with interludes. Mind you the songs that are on there all rock. At least the interludes and stuff on lateralus were more revlelant to the music so I didnt mind it as much.
OFFLINE |  
azatoth's Avatar azatoth
04-21-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
320 KPS is bad quality?
the original leak was 192kbps AAC, ripped with iTunes. If you have a 320kbps MP3 rip, it would mean it's a transcode, and this would further compress the music.

edit: well, not directly compress the music, but it would be transcoded and this will result in even more loss. AAC and iTunes aren't that great of a combination when it comes to encoding CDs.

my 2 cent.

Last edited by azatoth; 04-21-2006 at 10:18 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
320 KPS is bad quality?
the original leak was 192kbps AAC, ripped with iTunes. If you have a 320kbps MP3 rip, it would mean it's a transcode, and this would further compress the music.

edit: well, not directly compress the music, but it would be transcoded and this will result in even more loss. AAC and iTunes aren't that great of a combination when it comes to encoding CDs.

my 2 cent.

Last edited by azatoth; 04-21-2006 at 10:18 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Haven't you paid any attention to reviews? The idea was to intentionally make his voice sound more like one of the instruments to equal out all sounds within te musics compared to past records. I personally love "supposed" album I now have but, another one on top of that would be that much better.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #32
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

Haven't you paid any attention to reviews? The idea was to intentionally make his voice sound more like one of the instruments to equal out all sounds within te musics compared to past records. I personally love "supposed" album I now have but, another one on top of that would be that much better.
04-21-2006, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy
I concur, read Guitar World's interview with Adam, read any legitimate review of the album ( they all bring up the same lyrics and talk about how there are re hashings of old tool parts throughout as a reminder), this is the real deal, if anyone seriously deeply believes otherwise then I imagine you'll be disappointed the day it drops. What does it say in the forum? "Anyone posting links to leaked material will be banned.", now, why would they ban someone for posting a link to a "decoy" album? Think things through and read between the lines, because it's possible there is something that has been forgotten, missed, overlooked within the words of newsletters and interviews. I happen to love this record, enough to not bash it and still buy the physical copy the day it drops. It is heavier as well, not necessarily musically but ambiently, emotionally, it's down right suffocating. So you have 2 options, you can think about my post and decide for yourself or you can curse me of and tell me to shove it and all manner of language under the sun. Choose carefully.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy
I concur, read Guitar World's interview with Adam, read any legitimate review of the album ( they all bring up the same lyrics and talk about how there are re hashings of old tool parts throughout as a reminder), this is the real deal, if anyone seriously deeply believes otherwise then I imagine you'll be disappointed the day it drops. What does it say in the forum? "Anyone posting links to leaked material will be banned.", now, why would they ban someone for posting a link to a "decoy" album? Think things through and read between the lines, because it's possible there is something that has been forgotten, missed, overlooked within the words of newsletters and interviews. I happen to love this record, enough to not bash it and still buy the physical copy the day it drops. It is heavier as well, not necessarily musically but ambiently, emotionally, it's down right suffocating. So you have 2 options, you can think about my post and decide for yourself or you can curse me of and tell me to shove it and all manner of language under the sun. Choose carefully.
OFFLINE |  
ScarletLetterMan's Avatar ScarletLetterMan
04-21-2006, 11:04 AM

The only thing that leads me to believe there may be more is something that was mentioned in Kabir's review. He said at the end of his impromptu listening session that he did not get to hear Viginti Tres, but was told that it was another segue. Now, doesn't segue mean that it is supposed to "segue into" something else? Maybe Viginti Tres segues into whatever may be on the other disc/other side of the disc. I could be, and probably am, wrong, but Viginti Tres definitely sounded like something was supposed to happen after the end, and in my opinion was a terrible way to end the album if there is nothing else coming.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

The only thing that leads me to believe there may be more is something that was mentioned in Kabir's review. He said at the end of his impromptu listening session that he did not get to hear Viginti Tres, but was told that it was another segue. Now, doesn't segue mean that it is supposed to "segue into" something else? Maybe Viginti Tres segues into whatever may be on the other disc/other side of the disc. I could be, and probably am, wrong, but Viginti Tres definitely sounded like something was supposed to happen after the end, and in my opinion was a terrible way to end the album if there is nothing else coming.
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM

Nice zeroth post.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Nice zeroth post.
OFFLINE |  
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM

Well the instruments even sound muffled to me. The whole thing sounds like poor quality regardless I hope it sounds crisper when i buy it.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Well the instruments even sound muffled to me. The whole thing sounds like poor quality regardless I hope it sounds crisper when i buy it.
OFFLINE |  
Vianney's Avatar Vianney
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletLetterMan
sounds like someone misused the word "segue" more than anything, but who knows

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
Old 04-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletLetterMan
sounds like someone misused the word "segue" more than anything, but who knows

- G.K Chesterton

http://www.myspace.com/andrewsthilaire
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-21-2006, 12:03 PM

10,000 days as it is now is awesome.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #38
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

10,000 days as it is now is awesome.
OFFLINE |  
question93
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
LOLOLOOL

POOR QUALITY?

Wow.

This is one of the best recordings I've heard in a long time. The quality of this album is YEARS beyond Lateralus. And I'm listening to it on Mackie HR-824s. These aren't shitty speakers by any means.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #39

Quote:
LOLOLOOL

POOR QUALITY?

Wow.

This is one of the best recordings I've heard in a long time. The quality of this album is YEARS beyond Lateralus. And I'm listening to it on Mackie HR-824s. These aren't shitty speakers by any means.
04-21-2006, 12:06 PM

10,000 days is possibly tool's best album to date. more would make probably it definite, even if the second disc is just a surround-sound version.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #40
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

10,000 days is possibly tool's best album to date. more would make probably it definite, even if the second disc is just a surround-sound version.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply