Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
/V\agina's Avatar /V\agina
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM

As I've said millions of times, although I doubt it's a decoy, nobody knows for sure right now.

Blair threw us a bit of vagueness (that's so blair) and we're all fighting over it.... like (dare I say it?) monkeys.

The fact of the matter is, if you intend to listen to new tool, be this fake or not, it's new tool.. Either like it, or don't. I would at least give it some time to grow on you before calling it shit however.

I seem to remember a similar reaction to Lateralus...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #81
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22
Re: decoy CD

As I've said millions of times, although I doubt it's a decoy, nobody knows for sure right now.

Blair threw us a bit of vagueness (that's so blair) and we're all fighting over it.... like (dare I say it?) monkeys.

The fact of the matter is, if you intend to listen to new tool, be this fake or not, it's new tool.. Either like it, or don't. I would at least give it some time to grow on you before calling it shit however.

I seem to remember a similar reaction to Lateralus...
04-20-2006, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonus.cheese
I don't see how a band could get in trouble for making some songs and releasing them on the internet before their album with different content comes out. I'm not saying that is the case, I'm just unsure of how something like that would lead to lawsuits.
I'm referring to the fact that the band would need to deceive a large number of people all down the supply chain to make a hoax work. And people don't like being deceived, especially when there's money involved.

Aside from this, I'd imagine that there are a lot of exclusive contracts in the music industry (eg between the band and the label, between the manufacturers and distributers), hence it's not as simple as just deciding (for instance) that you want to get a CD pressed overseas or at some secret location - everybody's got their little slice of the action and if you go around them to keep a secret then you're taking away their profit - hence they're going to sue your ass.

Fucking with y'all for the sake of art is all well and good for the band, but there are a lot of other (more corporate) people involved in selling a record.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 AM   #82
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonus.cheese
I don't see how a band could get in trouble for making some songs and releasing them on the internet before their album with different content comes out. I'm not saying that is the case, I'm just unsure of how something like that would lead to lawsuits.
I'm referring to the fact that the band would need to deceive a large number of people all down the supply chain to make a hoax work. And people don't like being deceived, especially when there's money involved.

Aside from this, I'd imagine that there are a lot of exclusive contracts in the music industry (eg between the band and the label, between the manufacturers and distributers), hence it's not as simple as just deciding (for instance) that you want to get a CD pressed overseas or at some secret location - everybody's got their little slice of the action and if you go around them to keep a secret then you're taking away their profit - hence they're going to sue your ass.

Fucking with y'all for the sake of art is all well and good for the band, but there are a lot of other (more corporate) people involved in selling a record.
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-20-2006, 03:30 AM

erg0, i am a huge hoax supporter, but your post is fucking true man, it would take a long time to record, produce and mix a fake album, a lot of money and time.

plus the intricacies of the bussiness, music industry etc are beyond me...

but still... i listen to the pot, and i picture justin and maynard sitting there blazed as laughing their heads off having fun making the crappest album ever.

for serious evidence of this hoax, read toolband.com, all the newsletters make sense to me now, very strong evidence in the DEC 04 newsletter in the body of the past news section. pretty much spell it out for us.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:30 AM   #83
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

erg0, i am a huge hoax supporter, but your post is fucking true man, it would take a long time to record, produce and mix a fake album, a lot of money and time.

but still... i listen to the pot, and i picture justin and maynard sitting there blazed as laughing their heads off having fun making the crappest album ever.

for serious evidence of this hoax, read toolband.com, all the newsletters make sense to me now, very strong evidence in the DEC 04 newsletter in the body of the past news section. pretty much spell it out for us.
OFFLINE |  
Idiotica
04-20-2006, 04:03 AM

it's possible this album was recorded to complete their record contract - they may have another one ready for 'independant' release.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:03 AM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 36

it's possible this album was recorded to complete their record contract - they may have another one ready for 'independant' release.
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 04:06 AM

NO....

Because:

tool do not release mediocre crap.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:06 AM   #85
On Probation

NO....

Because:

tool do not release mediocre crap.
OFFLINE |  
Boom Boom's Avatar Boom Boom
04-20-2006, 04:19 AM

I don't believe it is fake.

And I'm a fan, but didn't think 'Lateralus' was the greatest Tool masterpiece, it is good, but not that good. But it's just me, I like Aenima better, everyone has its own unique taste... Maybe guys who got into Tool because of Lateralus can't realy relate to the more humoristic side of Tool music, since that album was serious all the way. But check the funny side of Aenima... Obviously Tool has gathered following from fans who have pretty different views on music, and I find that pretty good... Myself I don't go too much for the serious, esoteric 'we are the philosophers par exellance', side of music.

I find it strange that some fans can't relate this material to Tool, if it is a fake it was still made by Tool, maybe they had some other band write it down for them, then they just played it? Ha, ha, the conspiracy theories are going wild, f++++g WILD MAN!

Last edited by Boom Boom; 04-20-2006 at 04:28 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 04:19 AM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

I don't believe it is fake.

And I'm a fan, but didn't think 'Lateralus' was the greatest Tool masterpiece, it is good, but not that good. But it's just me, I like Aenima better, everyone has its own unique taste... Maybe guys who got into Tool because of Lateralus can't realy relate to the more humoristic side of Tool music, since that album was serious all the way. But check the funny side of Aenima... Obviously Tool has gathered following from fans who have pretty different views on music, and I find that pretty good... Myself I don't go too much for the serious, esoteric 'we are the philosophers par exellance', side of music.

I find it strange that some fans can't relate this material to Tool, if it is a fake it was still made by Tool, maybe they had some other band write it down for them, then they just played it? Ha, ha, the conspiracy theories are going wild, f++++g WILD MAN!

Last edited by Boom Boom; 04-20-2006 at 04:28 AM..
OFFLINE |  
04-20-2006, 04:23 AM

Boom Boom, imagine that tool wrote and performed the music (which they did) but it wasn't good....

i know, it's like a triangle with 10 000 sides really. but this is what the whole album is about.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:23 AM   #87
On Probation

Boom Boom, imagine that tool wrote and performed the music (which they did) but it wasn't good....

i know, it's like a triangle with 10 000 sides really. but this is what the whole album is about.
OFFLINE |  
Nikola Petrovic's Avatar Nikola Petrovic
04-20-2006, 04:30 AM

If tool really is making a decoy album.
Then maynard reminds me of Sharon Stone in basic instinct

lying and fucking with us
Old 04-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #88
Banned.

Bincount™: 5505

If tool really is making a decoy album.
Then maynard reminds me of Sharon Stone in basic instinct

lying and fucking with us
OFFLINE |  
Lennon
04-20-2006, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot
Why not? Lyrics can be written later.
Yea Maynard wasted his time writting lyrics for a song, a tribute to his dead mother...for a decoy album. How'd you figure it out?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:30 AM   #89
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot
Why not? Lyrics can be written later.
Yea Maynard wasted his time writting lyrics for a song, a tribute to his dead mother...for a decoy album. How'd you figure it out?
OFFLINE |  
tooljunky
04-20-2006, 04:40 AM

this board is just brutal. The album is real! Face up to it, there is no hoax. I can't believe the people spending time posting in three seperate threads of 5 pages each...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 AM   #90

this board is just brutal. The album is real! Face up to it, there is no hoax. I can't believe the people spending time posting in three seperate threads of 5 pages each...
OFFLINE |  
Perseensilmä's Avatar Perseensilmä
04-20-2006, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagomorph
Check out the latest newsletter, notice how Blair mentions studio/rehearsal room.

These days it´s not too expensive to record a decent sounding record. It really isn´t. Also, 10,000 days doesn´t shine production wise. It really doesn´t.

Quote:
I think no one can bitch if an unofficially leaked track isn´t on their record. Also, those who sell products aren´t responsible for the product. Album titles and track names are always subject to change and Vicarious was announced as "new single" not as "new single from Tool´s new album".

Quote:
Or how about Lipan conjuring?

Seriously, they CAN release a decoy unofficially.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:59 AM   #91
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 3773

Quote:
Check out the latest newsletter, notice how Blair mentions studio/rehearsal room.

These days it´s not too expensive to record a decent sounding record. It really isn´t. Also, 10,000 days doesn´t shine production wise. It really doesn´t.

Quote:
I think no one can bitch if an unofficially leaked track isn´t on their record. Also, those who sell products aren´t responsible for the product. Album titles and track names are always subject to change and Vicarious was announced as "new single" not as "new single from Tool´s new album".

Quote:
Or how about Lipan conjuring?

Seriously, they CAN release a decoy unofficially.
04-20-2006, 05:05 AM

What about shit the bed, kangaroos, monkeys?!
Old 04-20-2006, 05:05 AM   #92

Bincount™: 6

What about shit the bed, kangaroos, monkeys?!
neurosis79
04-20-2006, 12:09 PM

you die hard Tool fans know what i mean when i say this doesnt sound like Tool.

If this is the real CD, then, i will have to learn to take it for what its worth.
But i find it extremely hard to beleve that after all the years of progression that this band has made since 1990, that in 2006, they would offer up a CD with no passion what so ever.......

you must be so fuckid stupid... listen to Wings pt 1 and 2 and u will hear fucking passion that no Tool song has ever reached.
My god u guys are stupid.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #93
Level 4 - Thinker

If this is the real CD, then, i will have to learn to take it for what its worth.
But i find it extremely hard to beleve that after all the years of progression that this band has made since 1990, that in 2006, they would offer up a CD with no passion what so ever.......

you must be so fuckid stupid... listen to Wings pt 1 and 2 and u will hear fucking passion that no Tool song has ever reached.
My god u guys are stupid.
OFFLINE |  
AccidentOfBirth
04-20-2006, 12:54 PM

I'm new.

I really don't like the production on this album, or what I've heard. I cannot get my hands on the whole album at the moment as I can't get on my own computer, but I do have Vicarious and the production is not what I have expected from tool.
But I do believe the production is too good for this to be a decoy album. Tool have a sense of humour and like to mess with us but I doubt they would go to this extreme. They take years to make an album, they're not going to bring out what is essentially two albums in one go.
If you don't like the album you don't like it, don't try and convince yourself its a decoy because then when you've finally got it in your hands and theyre's no denying its real...what are u gonna do then?
I like vicarious and I'm going to listen to the whole album with no expectations, if I like it I like it, if I don't then fine.
thankyou
Old 04-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #94
Level 2 - Poster

I'm new.

I really don't like the production on this album, or what I've heard. I cannot get my hands on the whole album at the moment as I can't get on my own computer, but I do have Vicarious and the production is not what I have expected from tool.
But I do believe the production is too good for this to be a decoy album. Tool have a sense of humour and like to mess with us but I doubt they would go to this extreme. They take years to make an album, they're not going to bring out what is essentially two albums in one go.
If you don't like the album you don't like it, don't try and convince yourself its a decoy because then when you've finally got it in your hands and theyre's no denying its real...what are u gonna do then?
I like vicarious and I'm going to listen to the whole album with no expectations, if I like it I like it, if I don't then fine.
thankyou
OFFLINE |  
bonus.cheese's Avatar bonus.cheese
04-20-2006, 04:23 PM

I also doubt they would goto the extreme of making such a lacking album.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #95

Bincount™: 6

I also doubt they would goto the extreme of making such a lacking album.
asears05
04-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Hmm, I must be crazy because Im enjoying it immensly, and I cant wait to pick up my copy on the 2nd so I can see the artwork.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #96
Level 1 - Lurker

Hmm, I must be crazy because Im enjoying it immensly, and I cant wait to pick up my copy on the 2nd so I can see the artwork.
OFFLINE |  
PIGS
04-20-2006, 08:03 PM

You hoax believers are going to feel really shitty on May 2nd...

I can't believe you guys believe this shit.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #97
Level 1 - Lurker

You hoax believers are going to feel really shitty on May 2nd...

I can't believe you guys believe this shit.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-20-2006, 09:04 PM

Well, I should chime in. My brother works for Best Buy. He went looking on their system for the new Tool album. He says that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days on order. The information also states that it is only one CD. I will have him get me the all the information that Best Buy has including any numbers, upc/and what not.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #98
Level 4 - Thinker

Well, I should chime in. My brother works for Best Buy. He went looking on their system for the new Tool album. He says that his Best Buy has 350 copies of 10,000 Days on order. The information also states that it is only one CD. I will have him get me the all the information that Best Buy has including any numbers, upc/and what not.
04-20-2006, 09:12 PM

Silly monkeys, give them thumbs
they make a rumor, write it down
where theres one you're bound to divide it
right in two.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Silly monkeys, give them thumbs
they make a rumor, write it down
where theres one you're bound to divide it
right in two.
04-20-2006, 10:54 PM

There have been mentions in the tool interviews that this new album is heavier and more powerful than Lateralus. These guys made the damned thing, being so used to it and being the creators of it, I mean, if they find it heavier, wouldnt they be able to put something out with just a little more sound to it? Wouuldnt WE find it heavier too? I find the songs on the leak to be shallow and lacking in punch alot of the time. There were also mentions of the bass sticking out differently than in other albums due to the way it was layered and engineered. I didn't think the bass tone sounded different at all. In guitar world, it is mentioned that adam plays "genuine" guitar solos. He doesnt play much more than long sustained notes, leaving the leads on the other albums, which have been pretty much nonexistant anyway, with much more meat to them. These aren't solos, they are drones. I mean come on, using a talk box and going "WAH WAH WAH WUH WAH WAH WUH" in slow moving single note sustains. Why not just go for the good old fashioned wah pedal. Maybe he did. These are the reasons that I HOPE tool is fucking with us. If they aren't and this is the real deal. Well I am disappointed. Sorry, thats the way it is. People don't usually like being disappointed, but its gotta happen I guess.

Last edited by ryzur; 04-20-2006 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Misrepresented thoughts
Old 04-20-2006, 10:54 PM   #100
Level 4 - Thinker

There have been mentions in the tool interviews that this new album is heavier and more powerful than Lateralus. These guys made the damned thing, being so used to it and being the creators of it, I mean, if they find it heavier, wouldnt they be able to put something out with just a little more sound to it? Wouuldnt WE find it heavier too? I find the songs on the leak to be shallow and lacking in punch alot of the time. There were also mentions of the bass sticking out differently than in other albums due to the way it was layered and engineered. I didn't think the bass tone sounded different at all. In guitar world, it is mentioned that adam plays "genuine" guitar solos. He doesnt play much more than long sustained notes, leaving the leads on the other albums, which have been pretty much nonexistant anyway, with much more meat to them. These aren't solos, they are drones. I mean come on, using a talk box and going "WAH WAH WAH WUH WAH WAH WUH" in slow moving single note sustains. Why not just go for the good old fashioned wah pedal. Maybe he did. These are the reasons that I HOPE tool is fucking with us. If they aren't and this is the real deal. Well I am disappointed. Sorry, thats the way it is. People don't usually like being disappointed, but its gotta happen I guess.

Last edited by ryzur; 04-20-2006 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Misrepresented thoughts
OFFLINE |  
Toolbelt
04-24-2006, 02:42 PM

I can't believe this is still being discussed.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #101
Level 4 - Thinker

OFFLINE |  
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbelt
you're the one who bumped it!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #102
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbelt
OFFLINE |  
cliff's Avatar cliff
04-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Geraldo Faldo
honestly,

you have to turn off all the lights, put on some good quality headphones, eliminate all possible distractions, and just let go.

It's paralazing and epic, it truely is.

/attentionspan
Old 04-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #103
Level 3 - Talker

Re: It's a decoy.

Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Geraldo Faldo
honestly,

you have to turn off all the lights, put on some good quality headphones, eliminate all possible distractions, and just let go.

It's paralazing and epic, it truely is.

/attentionspan
OFFLINE |  
Masses
04-24-2006, 04:28 PM

Lol
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #104
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Lol
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-24-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
hahaha.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #105
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
hahaha.
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7236/pict00321es.jpg

I think this settels it...
Hoax supporters:

Razors are available at your local drug store.
remember it's "up" not "across"

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #106
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

Hoax supporters:

OFFLINE |  
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredflag

Hoax supporters:

down the street, not accross the road.
;)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #107
On Probation

Quote:

Hoax supporters:

down the street, not accross the road.
;)
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Hoax supporters:

That settles what?
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #108
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:

Hoax supporters:

That settles what?
OFFLINE |  
oneredflag's Avatar oneredflag
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
That settles what?
settles the fact that there is no hoax. this latest pick.
1 cd, 11 tracks all listed @ toolband/army
If there was more it would have leaked buy now.

1 quick motion then take a warm bath and relax...

Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #109

Quote:
That settles what?

OFFLINE |  
Xdrive
04-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Funny stuff.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #110
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Funny stuff.
OFFLINE |  
welb
04-24-2006, 04:55 PM

I agree this probably settles it but I still want to hear the music on that disc.

Then if the music is the same as the leak I will speculate until May 16th.

Then if that's just an import I will speculate until June 6.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #111
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree this probably settles it but I still want to hear the music on that disc.

Then if the music is the same as the leak I will speculate until May 16th.

Then if that's just an import I will speculate until June 6.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive
Funny stuff.
ya reckon? I thought it was neither funny nor clever, especially the 2nd time around. I suppose it's mildly more clever than KILL YOURSELF or DIE that others repeat over and over.

*shrug*
Old 04-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #112
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive
Funny stuff.
ya reckon? I thought it was neither funny nor clever, especially the 2nd time around. I suppose it's mildly more clever than KILL YOURSELF or DIE that others repeat over and over.

*shrug*
04-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Tools new album was suppose to be out by the end of 2004 or early 2005 according to an interview with danny Carey, so maybe they used the extra year to polish up the real album and then make the decoy/b-sides album. blair said it took them a year to make the decoy. imagine how good the real album would be. 10,000 days is an amazing album, its just not up to the level that lateralus was, and the songs kind of seems like b-sides because they all sound like they came from one of thier other albums. Tool will release something more original and amazing on may 2. And if not, 10,000 days is still pretty awesome.

Last edited by anthonytool; 04-24-2006 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #113
Level 1 - Lurker

Tools new album was suppose to be out by the end of 2004 or early 2005 according to an interview with danny Carey, so maybe they used the extra year to polish up the real album and then make the decoy/b-sides album. blair said it took them a year to make the decoy. imagine how good the real album would be. 10,000 days is an amazing album, its just not up to the level that lateralus was, and the songs kind of seems like b-sides because they all sound like they came from one of thier other albums. Tool will release something more original and amazing on may 2. And if not, 10,000 days is still pretty awesome.

Last edited by anthonytool; 04-24-2006 at 05:18 PM..
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Good thing you're an 06er else I'd actually listen to something you said.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #114
Banned.

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
04-24-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayloe41800
i honestly think this CD is a decoy.....no proof, other then the music itself......
Tool said in a round about way that they were concidering creating a fake to prohibit the real CD leaking.......now aside from that, the music seems like old tracks that didnt make the cut for undertow, and aenema and even lateralus......plus some of maynards vocals sound disturbingly like APC tracks......Maynard is known for his heart stopping tones as he sings the songs, this CD has nothing but high pitched plain tones or low pitched mono tones throughout....the music in alot of songs seems like digitally remastered tracks mostly from the undertow days that were left on the cutting room floor. the music seems very bland/plain.....and thats not tool

is this alot of effort to combat the leaks? yes it is. Is it possible to release a decoy to the distributors? yes it is. Is it possible that Tool has a private company distributing the CD? yes it is.

i am not posting this to discuss the music being good or bad, but rather a discussion of your opinion on this being a decoy or not.......

thanks for reading

Perfectly said
Old 04-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #115
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayloe41800
i honestly think this CD is a decoy.....no proof, other then the music itself......
Tool said in a round about way that they were concidering creating a fake to prohibit the real CD leaking.......now aside from that, the music seems like old tracks that didnt make the cut for undertow, and aenema and even lateralus......plus some of maynards vocals sound disturbingly like APC tracks......Maynard is known for his heart stopping tones as he sings the songs, this CD has nothing but high pitched plain tones or low pitched mono tones throughout....the music in alot of songs seems like digitally remastered tracks mostly from the undertow days that were left on the cutting room floor. the music seems very bland/plain.....and thats not tool

is this alot of effort to combat the leaks? yes it is. Is it possible to release a decoy to the distributors? yes it is. Is it possible that Tool has a private company distributing the CD? yes it is.

i am not posting this to discuss the music being good or bad, but rather a discussion of your opinion on this being a decoy or not.......

thanks for reading

Perfectly said
OFFLINE |  
waffel
04-24-2006, 05:21 PM

Or prehaps tool is really fed up with their record label, and to cover the contract they shit this CD out without much effort.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #116
Banned.

Or prehaps tool is really fed up with their record label, and to cover the contract they shit this CD out without much effort.
OFFLINE |  
oneredflag's Avatar oneredflag
04-24-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Hmmm
well I was just kidding however...
i SEE NO DIFF BETWEEN AN 05ER OR AN 06ER, 10 POSTS OR A 1000 POSTS

Funny though you were 7 the first time I saw Tool Live

::Enjoys a good pissing contest::

Old 04-24-2006, 05:25 PM   #117

Quote:
Hmmm
well I was just kidding however...
i SEE NO DIFF BETWEEN AN 05ER OR AN 06ER, 10 POSTS OR A 1000 POSTS

Funny though you were 7 the first time I saw Tool Live

::Enjoys a good pissing contest::

OFFLINE |  
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM

The problem you silly people seem to be having with all this hoax and decoy crap is the use of those words... HOAX and DECOY.
I think this is a real album.... but it very might not be THE new album. What's so implausible about a B-side compilation? Tool OBVIOUSLY has lots of (unusued) songs kickin' around. It would explain how the songs are great, but there's very little flow on the album we have... and how many people find the quality to not be up to par with past releases. These songs remind me of Salival, as a package.
And if Tool wrote and recorded these songs (at least in parts) whilst working on other albums... there's no legal problems with that... the record company will still get the $$.. and people will STILL BUY the "real" album... and then all the passionate (crazy) fans will go buy the B-Side album.
-More money.
-Tool gets to play games with your heads.
-We all waste time on this fucking forum.
-Production drops, the economy collapses.
-Tool sacks the capital and Maynard is made Supreme Dictator of Everything.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #118
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

The problem you silly people seem to be having with all this hoax and decoy crap is the use of those words... HOAX and DECOY.
I think this is a real album.... but it very might not be THE new album. What's so implausible about a B-side compilation? Tool OBVIOUSLY has lots of (unusued) songs kickin' around. It would explain how the songs are great, but there's very little flow on the album we have... and how many people find the quality to not be up to par with past releases. These songs remind me of Salival, as a package.
And if Tool wrote and recorded these songs (at least in parts) whilst working on other albums... there's no legal problems with that... the record company will still get the $$.. and people will STILL BUY the "real" album... and then all the passionate (crazy) fans will go buy the B-Side album.
-More money.
-Tool gets to play games with your heads.
-We all waste time on this fucking forum.
-Production drops, the economy collapses.
-Tool sacks the capital and Maynard is made Supreme Dictator of Everything.
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM

What I cannot stand is when people don't like this CD, people tell them "you arent a tool fan", "you hate tool find another band" or "everything tool makes is good or else you hate them." People like tool, love tool, but that doesnt mean they accept everything they make. I loved their other albums, this one rubs me the wrong way. Alot of bands go through changes for the worse, usually later on in their careers. There are countless examples depending on your musical tastes. But dont bash people if they dont like 1 cd. They just know what they like, and what they dont like. What alot of people dont like happens to be this poor Tool cd.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #119
Level 2 - Poster

What I cannot stand is when people don't like this CD, people tell them "you arent a tool fan", "you hate tool find another band" or "everything tool makes is good or else you hate them." People like tool, love tool, but that doesnt mean they accept everything they make. I loved their other albums, this one rubs me the wrong way. Alot of bands go through changes for the worse, usually later on in their careers. There are countless examples depending on your musical tastes. But dont bash people if they dont like 1 cd. They just know what they like, and what they dont like. What alot of people dont like happens to be this poor Tool cd.
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM

Quote:

I don't picture him with Justin, because that's obviously Paul on the bass.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #120

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

I don't picture him with Justin, because that's obviously Paul on the bass.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply