Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
knot0fvipers's Avatar knot0fvipers
04-25-2006, 08:35 PM

ok first i think all you conspiracy bashers take this shit way to seriously, part of the decoy album to me was that it was an incredible amount of fun to make shit up.
"We are not gonna play this album thru as a whole live. That kinda fate i wouldnt want for anyone.
But as the tour goes on we will include some songs on our setlist."

ok first doesnt it seem odd that maynard would say they wouldnt wish that fate on anyone? What as if its to intense to take or that its just not that good compared to old stuff?
They release a new album and as the tour goes on some songs will be included? Doesnt that seem odd after releasing a new album?

He also mentions that some people like apocolypse now and some like adam sandler movies, i mean come on...rosetta stoned is tool themed adam sandler lyrics.

So what I am wondering is if there will be new songs live? From a business/money standpoint to tool that would actually probly be by far the best option.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
new conspiracy :)

ok first i think all you conspiracy bashers take this shit way to seriously, part of the decoy album to me was that it was an incredible amount of fun to make shit up.
"We are not gonna play this album thru as a whole live. That kinda fate i wouldnt want for anyone.
But as the tour goes on we will include some songs on our setlist."

ok first doesnt it seem odd that maynard would say they wouldnt wish that fate on anyone? What as if its to intense to take or that its just not that good compared to old stuff?
They release a new album and as the tour goes on some songs will be included? Doesnt that seem odd after releasing a new album?

He also mentions that some people like apocolypse now and some like adam sandler movies, i mean come on...rosetta stoned is tool themed adam sandler lyrics.

So what I am wondering is if there will be new songs live? From a business/money standpoint to tool that would actually probly be by far the best option.
OFFLINE |  
Masses
04-25-2006, 08:43 PM

why
Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: new conspiracy :)

why
OFFLINE |  
xineax
04-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot0fvipers

This makes sense if they want more rights to better songs in the future and really hate volcano.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

This makes sense if they want more rights to better songs in the future and really hate volcano.
OFFLINE |  
lucydog's Avatar lucydog
04-25-2006, 09:07 PM

i think he means this album wouldnt work as a live set. im sure a lot will make it into this next tour, i would be surprised if they didnt play vicarious, 10,000 days, jambi, right in two, and the pot. most likely, not all at one show. (gotta save room for the old stuff) intension would probly be a good show opener. i could even see them playing rosetta stoned.

rosetta stoned way more dark sarcastic humor than adam sandler could ever dream of pulling off. I personally think its hilarious, and its one of my all time favorite tool tracks.every time i listen, i hear a new part of the story, and it just keeps getting better and better. one of the aspects i thought lateralus was missing was humor. 15 minutes of undertow for Rev. Maynard. 11 minutes of the most annoying noise imaginable before you are treated to maynards dick. phone calls from harry manback. i had a friend once....he took some acid.... Not to mention the t-shirts. they probably think its so funny that all these kids are walking around with "TOOL" plastered across their chests. i think thats why they called the band TOOL to begin with.

my theory is that most of the people who are talking about hoaxes are just trying to have a little fun. stir up the pot. (unintentional pun, but fitting) at least i would hope they are just having fun. you would really have to be crazy on acid to believe some of this crap.

i will end this by saying...I to was left wanting more after hearing 10,000 days.
then i realized: No matter what tool came out with... i would still want more.
nothing seems to satisfy.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062

i think he means this album wouldnt work as a live set. im sure a lot will make it into this next tour, i would be surprised if they didnt play vicarious, 10,000 days, jambi, right in two, and the pot. most likely, not all at one show. (gotta save room for the old stuff) intension would probly be a good show opener. i could even see them playing rosetta stoned.

rosetta stoned way more dark sarcastic humor than adam sandler could ever dream of pulling off. I personally think its hilarious, and its one of my all time favorite tool tracks.every time i listen, i hear a new part of the story, and it just keeps getting better and better. one of the aspects i thought lateralus was missing was humor. 15 minutes of undertow for Rev. Maynard. 11 minutes of the most annoying noise imaginable before you are treated to maynards dick. phone calls from harry manback. i had a friend once....he took some acid.... Not to mention the t-shirts. they probably think its so funny that all these kids are walking around with "TOOL" plastered across their chests. i think thats why they called the band TOOL to begin with.

my theory is that most of the people who are talking about hoaxes are just trying to have a little fun. stir up the pot. (unintentional pun, but fitting) at least i would hope they are just having fun. you would really have to be crazy on acid to believe some of this crap.

i will end this by saying...I to was left wanting more after hearing 10,000 days.
then i realized: No matter what tool came out with... i would still want more.
nothing seems to satisfy.
04-26-2006, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydog420
you would really have to be crazy on acid to believe some of this crap.
I actually believe things alot less when I'm on acid. I went camping the other day and dropped acid. About midway through the trip I it started raining, so naturally we went in the tent. After tripping in there for a good half hour we decided to see if it was still raining, it wasnt. In fact, we could not find any evidence that it had rained at all, so we concluded that it had indeed never actually rained.

There were also signs all around the campgrounds warning us of bears. While on acid, we realized that we had not seen any bears, so there was no reason for us to believe these signs. We concluded that there were'nt any bears there.

On acid you become a skeptic of just about anything you've been told in the past. You've been trained to think that trees dont inverse colors as you look at them and textures dont spontaneously errupt in morphing fractals, so you realize that what you've been told and trained to think before obviously isnt true!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydog420
you would really have to be crazy on acid to believe some of this crap.
I actually believe things alot less when I'm on acid. I went camping the other day and dropped acid. About midway through the trip I it started raining, so naturally we went in the tent. After tripping in there for a good half hour we decided to see if it was still raining, it wasnt. In fact, we could not find any evidence that it had rained at all, so we concluded that it had indeed never actually rained.

There were also signs all around the campgrounds warning us of bears. While on acid, we realized that we had not seen any bears, so there was no reason for us to believe these signs. We concluded that there were'nt any bears there.

On acid you become a skeptic of just about anything you've been told in the past. You've been trained to think that trees dont inverse colors as you look at them and textures dont spontaneously errupt in morphing fractals, so you realize that what you've been told and trained to think before obviously isnt true!
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-26-2006, 03:31 AM

god damn.....!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:31 AM   #6
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

god damn.....!
OFFLINE |  
halfbreed
04-26-2006, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok2step

This is the single best post I have ever read!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

This is the single best post I have ever read!
OFFLINE |  
godhenry
04-26-2006, 04:04 AM

Quote:
are you shitting me??? though it might not be francis coppola lyrics, rosetta jones is definitely not tool themed adam sandler lyrics. if anything rosetta stoned is jacob's ladder directed tim burton.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
are you shitting me??? though it might not be francis coppola lyrics, rosetta jones is definitely not tool themed adam sandler lyrics. if anything rosetta stoned is jacob's ladder directed tim burton.
04-26-2006, 04:06 AM

IT'S THE SAME CONSPIRACY

GTFO
Old 04-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

IT'S THE SAME CONSPIRACY

GTFO
OFFLINE |  
Atbr
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM

last post on toolband calls the upcoming US tour a 'warmup tour', maybe this is just the 'warmup album' since they for sure are going to tour the whole autumn, and why would they do that if they weren't to promote their 'new album'
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

last post on toolband calls the upcoming US tour a 'warmup tour', maybe this is just the 'warmup album' since they for sure are going to tour the whole autumn, and why would they do that if they weren't to promote their 'new album'
OFFLINE |  
symbiosis's Avatar symbiosis
04-26-2006, 12:20 PM

I sure as hell hope this section of tdn stay wide open after the official release.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1891

I sure as hell hope this section of tdn stay wide open after the official release.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
OFFLINE |  
MorfiusX
04-26-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:

mmmm.... Morphing fractal textures. Sounds yummy.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

mmmm.... Morphing fractal textures. Sounds yummy.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply