Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Kurt Russell's Avatar Kurt Russell
04-15-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles
first of im going to start by saying a lot of you will laugh this post, some however will understand completely where im coming from.

..enjoy..

Tool announced (3-3-06) that the album title would be 10,000 days. At first many hated the title, but it still got us thinking 'what could it mean.' some thought it was a link to Jesus. I personally am a numbers guy, I recognize synchronicities with numbers all the time. 10,000 days = about 28 years.. just keep that in mind for the following.

The skepticism progressed with the new title, but eventually most came around to truly believe the title would in fact become 10,000 days. While I was laying on my bed today looking around my room I noticed two things came to my consciousness.

1. I have a print of Alex gray’s 'interbeing' and the skulls with the fetus in their head who are then attached to 'the one', i'll call it, are the same skulls found in the leaked album art booklet (which is legit).

2. I also noticed in another tool poster i have the same flower of life image is at the bottom of that very page from the booklet. I know some of you may think that every page of the booklet contains that same image of the flower of life, it's not so. As someone mentioned in that thread it is a 'flip book' style booklet with regards to the flower 'evolving'.

Anyways back to the 28 years thing. Tool being the spiritual yet also marketing genus that they are took what would probably be the peak demographics age for those who are tool fans. I believe this board is a huge skew of data with regards to that, it seems like most people here are on the younger end of the spectrum. Its my belief that the majority of tool fans are in their mid twenties or 'close' to it. Which would mean in the year 2012 the majority of mid 20 something’s would be 28 years of age when 2012 rolls around. This would act as a spark for those 20 something who are inclined to spiritual synchronicities to take this album as a themed album related to the concepts of 2012.

Now for the slight leap. I think tool is just priming us and will change the album title and track names to fit a 2012 theme better.

Commence laughing. I will keep a link to this in my signature for future ass kissery. ..and save it on hard disk :) incase a mod deletes it and i'll post it later going SEE.
hahahaha. Dude....... that's like the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 702
Re: 10,000 days is not the real title. (long read)

Quote:
first of im going to start by saying a lot of you will laugh this post, some however will understand completely where im coming from.

..enjoy..

Tool announced (3-3-06) that the album title would be 10,000 days. At first many hated the title, but it still got us thinking 'what could it mean.' some thought it was a link to Jesus. I personally am a numbers guy, I recognize synchronicities with numbers all the time. 10,000 days = about 28 years.. just keep that in mind for the following.

The skepticism progressed with the new title, but eventually most came around to truly believe the title would in fact become 10,000 days. While I was laying on my bed today looking around my room I noticed two things came to my consciousness.

1. I have a print of Alex gray’s 'interbeing' and the skulls with the fetus in their head who are then attached to 'the one', i'll call it, are the same skulls found in the leaked album art booklet (which is legit).

2. I also noticed in another tool poster i have the same flower of life image is at the bottom of that very page from the booklet. I know some of you may think that every page of the booklet contains that same image of the flower of life, it's not so. As someone mentioned in that thread it is a 'flip book' style booklet with regards to the flower 'evolving'.

Anyways back to the 28 years thing. Tool being the spiritual yet also marketing genus that they are took what would probably be the peak demographics age for those who are tool fans. I believe this board is a huge skew of data with regards to that, it seems like most people here are on the younger end of the spectrum. Its my belief that the majority of tool fans are in their mid twenties or 'close' to it. Which would mean in the year 2012 the majority of mid 20 something’s would be 28 years of age when 2012 rolls around. This would act as a spark for those 20 something who are inclined to spiritual synchronicities to take this album as a themed album related to the concepts of 2012.

Now for the slight leap. I think tool is just priming us and will change the album title and track names to fit a 2012 theme better.

Commence laughing. I will keep a link to this in my signature for future ass kissery. ..and save it on hard disk :) incase a mod deletes it and i'll post it later going SEE.
hahahaha. Dude....... that's like the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
OFFLINE |  
stardown's Avatar stardown
04-15-2006, 12:54 PM

hmmm. yeah....
Old 04-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

hmmm. yeah....
04-16-2006, 05:07 AM

I'll be 37 this year, I guess i don't fit the 10,000 days demographic. I'm fucked.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:07 AM   #43
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I'll be 37 this year, I guess i don't fit the 10,000 days demographic. I'm fucked.
OFFLINE |  
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
04-16-2006, 05:09 AM

10,000 days is the real title. (short read)
Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

10,000 days is the real title. (short read)
04-16-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:

..enjoy..

are you on some severe drugs?
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:

..enjoy..

kubrick
04-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Just as an observation, the orbit of Saturn is roughly 27.9 years.....Take of that what you will.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Just as an observation, the orbit of Saturn is roughly 27.9 years.....Take of that what you will.
OFFLINE |  
tangent's Avatar tangent
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM

Old 04-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

OFFLINE |  
lankytones76's Avatar lankytones76
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM

approximately 10,000 days before May 2nd, widespread cable television was introduced...
Old 04-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

approximately 10,000 days before May 2nd, widespread cable television was introduced...
04-18-2006, 02:28 PM

Oh, 10,000 days is the title. The track names are correct. The album is beautiful
Old 04-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh, 10,000 days is the title. The track names are correct. The album is beautiful
OFFLINE |  
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM

Real title is "2112". It's a Rush cover album.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

OFFLINE |  
Unstuck in Time's Avatar Unstuck in Time
04-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
They could do it.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #51
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
They could do it.
04-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankytones76

kabirs said that the lyrics after "10000 days in the fire is long enough" will tell you what the meaning is behind the title....
Old 04-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 140

Quote:

kabirs said that the lyrics after "10000 days in the fire is long enough" will tell you what the meaning is behind the title....
04-19-2006, 12:02 PM

still think im crazy? alot of people are thinking this 10,000 days 'leak' is a hoax. :D
Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #53
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

still think im crazy? alot of people are thinking this 10,000 days 'leak' is a hoax. :D
04-19-2006, 12:05 PM

Wow. You're quite the presumtuous one, Carny.
Just look at your god-damn sig.
It's laughable.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #54

Bincount™: 60

Wow. You're quite the presumtuous one, Carny.
Just look at your god-damn sig.
It's laughable.
04-19-2006, 12:25 PM

The only thing that has me questioning the validity of 10k days is the Guitar World Interview with Adam. He refers to a song called "Those Shoes" in which he plays a talk box solo. Now, Jambi has a talk box solo, but I thought it odd that he specifically named that one track(Which I havent heard of anywhere else mind you). Regardless I think 10k days is amazing.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

The only thing that has me questioning the validity of 10k days is the Guitar World Interview with Adam. He refers to a song called "Those Shoes" in which he plays a talk box solo. Now, Jambi has a talk box solo, but I thought it odd that he specifically named that one track(Which I havent heard of anywhere else mind you). Regardless I think 10k days is amazing.
04-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Etch, they do that to mask the real titles. It's a codename.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #56

Etch, they do that to mask the real titles. It's a codename.
04-19-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch_Coli
Those shoes is an eagles song. He was talking about how Joe Walsh used the talk box in those shoes, not that tool has a song called those shoes.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #57
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch_Coli
Those shoes is an eagles song. He was talking about how Joe Walsh used the talk box in those shoes, not that tool has a song called those shoes.
s62's Avatar s62
04-19-2006, 12:37 PM

You guys need to lay off the acid.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #58
s62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 45

You guys need to lay off the acid.
04-19-2006, 12:54 PM

LDaora? Dakrfga.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #59

LDaora? Dakrfga.
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:

that's one of the more sensible ideas i've seen yet
Old 04-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:

that's one of the more sensible ideas i've seen yet
04-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
:D http://angelfire.com/planet/tool

Like this person!?!?

Last edited by tangent; 04-19-2006 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: typo -.-
Old 04-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #61
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:

Like this person!?!?

Last edited by tangent; 04-19-2006 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: typo -.-
OFFLINE |  
livingdecay's Avatar livingdecay
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM

Bang a gong, Tangent.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #62

Bang a gong, Tangent.
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75

have you read the article? it specifically says

"I think the talkbox on [the 10,000 days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. I'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record."
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75

"I think the talkbox on [the 10,000 days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. I'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record."
OFFLINE |  
*see*you*auntie*'s Avatar *see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfall

They made a mistake, you know, like humans do. "Those Shoes" is an Eagles song.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfall

They made a mistake, you know, like humans do. "Those Shoes" is an Eagles song.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu
04-19-2006, 10:05 PM

GOD JUST WATCH THIS AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY 10k DAYS IS THE REAL TITLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6vu...0fruit%20loops
Old 04-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

GOD JUST WATCH THIS AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY 10k DAYS IS THE REAL TITLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6vu...0fruit%20loops
OFFLINE |  
Bodhi
04-19-2006, 10:20 PM

One whole leaked album as a hoax, then a full real album to come out on May 2nd.......An amazing conspiracy to say the least if it is one anyways. I'm confused, I think.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #66
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

One whole leaked album as a hoax, then a full real album to come out on May 2nd.......An amazing conspiracy to say the least if it is one anyways. I'm confused, I think.
04-20-2006, 08:45 AM

of course its the real title.. at this point the cd is in mass production and everything is printed up and *real*.. you all have done to many druges or something.. at least tool can humor themselves with these posts. if they change it all at this point it will be the first time this has ever happened in music histroy (as far as I know)... anyone else know otherwise?
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #67

of course its the real title.. at this point the cd is in mass production and everything is printed up and *real*.. you all have done to many druges or something.. at least tool can humor themselves with these posts. if they change it all at this point it will be the first time this has ever happened in music histroy (as far as I know)... anyone else know otherwise?
OFFLINE |  
Illuminus's Avatar Illuminus
04-20-2006, 09:55 AM

I know its not possible that this dudes theory is a at all relevant but its funny to me because I will be exactly 27 in 2012. haha. Cool thought though, but its certainly not what the album is about. Now that we have all heard the leak (most of us) we know what 10,000 days really means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingVans501s
Yep, those lyrics tell us right there.

Maynards mom Judith Marie was a devoted christian (Judith from APC was about her also) whom had an anuerism(sp?) and lost a lot of muscle control and was wheelchair bound for 27 years = 10,000 days. She was sent into that state when maynard was 11 (Jimmy also refers to this) "11 and she was gone, to see the face your own stability suddenly walk away"

10,000 days is about his mom suffering through that hell and then dieing and going to heaven.

Its pretty obvious now that we have heard it. Im sure what I have just typed is a big repost somewhere else on the forum, but I just felt like clearing some things up.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #68

I know its not possible that this dudes theory is a at all relevant but its funny to me because I will be exactly 27 in 2012. haha. Cool thought though, but its certainly not what the album is about. Now that we have all heard the leak (most of us) we know what 10,000 days really means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearingVans501s
Yep, those lyrics tell us right there.

Maynards mom Judith Marie was a devoted christian (Judith from APC was about her also) whom had an anuerism(sp?) and lost a lot of muscle control and was wheelchair bound for 27 years = 10,000 days. She was sent into that state when maynard was 11 (Jimmy also refers to this) "11 and she was gone, to see the face your own stability suddenly walk away"

10,000 days is about his mom suffering through that hell and then dieing and going to heaven.

Its pretty obvious now that we have heard it. Im sure what I have just typed is a big repost somewhere else on the forum, but I just felt like clearing some things up.
OFFLINE |  
ID-entity's Avatar ID-entity
04-20-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayar
if everyone thinks for themselves then that's not really thinking for yourself now is it hmmm?
True.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #69

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayar
if everyone thinks for themselves then that's not really thinking for yourself now is it hmmm?
True.
Hey It's Aaron
04-20-2006, 03:12 PM

Im wearing a 10,000 days shirt.. people are dumb.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #70
Level 1 - Lurker

Im wearing a 10,000 days shirt.. people are dumb.
OFFLINE |  
Reagunn
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate_Mass
No, he's just a skinny, bald, Scottish comic book scribe with a fetish for leather pants.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate_Mass
No, he's just a skinny, bald, Scottish comic book scribe with a fetish for leather pants.
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent

Like this person!?!?
That was a nice read! thanks, more people need to wake up and not be spoon-fed everything.

as cliché this phrase has become in these forums it holds great truth here. "think for yourselves".
Old 04-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #72
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent

Like this person!?!?
That was a nice read! thanks, more people need to wake up and not be spoon-fed everything.

as cliché this phrase has become in these forums it holds great truth here. "think for yourselves".

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply