opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 12. Cesaro Summability
User Name
Password
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Generation kill

I was watching part 6 of that HBO mini series Generation Kill and it sounds like the beginning 25 seconds of this song are in it. At about 27:45 into the episode you can hear two different clips of babies crying. One seems normal but the other sounds just like the baby in the beginning of this song. After listening to it a few times I am convinced it is the same. I guess its not that big of a deal but damn that noise scares me. Anyone else hear it?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483
Re: Generation kill

funny you mention that

i cannot remember what i was watching(it was def not generation kill, cuz i dont get HBO), and i could have sworn that they were playing cesaro summability. i dismissed it, and didnt really think anything of it. thats gonna bug me trying to think of what it was, that i was watching. i am nearly positive it was cesaro summability, and not just any crying baby recording. if i think of it, i will definetely let you know.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

There's a baby crying scene in The Girl With The Pearl Earring which also sounds like the baby clip.

Possibilities: That particular baby crying sound is a publicly available sound file, a commonly licensed sound file, or all babies hollerin' sound alike.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-13h View Post
There's a baby crying scene in The Girl With The Pearl Earring which also sounds like the baby clip.

Possibilities: That particular baby crying sound is a publicly available sound file, a commonly licensed sound file, or all babies hollerin' sound alike.
The Girl With The Pearl Earring. Thats what I was watching. THANK YOU
Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-13h View Post

Well, supposedly that baby crying in Cesaro is actually Devo. Although I haven't seen either of the 2 shows you guys are referring to but I know that I've heard that same exact baby cry somewhere else before, another song or a show or something...so who knows.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Well, supposedly that baby crying in Cesaro is actually Devo. Although I haven't seen either of the 2 shows you guys are referring to but I know that I've heard that same exact baby cry somewhere else before, another song or a show or something...so who knows.
Ditto.
I know I've heard on TV.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #7

Bincount™: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
funny you mention that

i cannot remember what i was watching(it was def not generation kill, cuz i dont get HBO), and i could have sworn that they were playing cesaro summability. i dismissed it, and didnt really think anything of it. thats gonna bug me trying to think of what it was, that i was watching. i am nearly positive it was cesaro summability, and not just any crying baby recording. if i think of it, i will definetely let you know.
Yes, i remember something similar like this.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Apparently it is just some type of generic sound clip. I found this in the f.a.q.

"Cesaro Summability."

It seems that the baby crying is NOT Maynard's son Devo; it has been suggested that it is just a sample from Fried Green Tomatoes, or the show Absolutely Fabulous.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

ahhh. goddamn FAQ
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by squintzik View Post
Apparently it is just some type of generic sound clip. I found this in the f.a.q.

"Cesaro Summability."

It seems that the baby crying is NOT Maynard's son Devo; it has been suggested that it is just a sample from Fried Green Tomatoes, or the show Absolutely Fabulous.
*shrug* Oh well

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: