opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 10. Die Eier Von Satan
User Name
Password
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
The Song that got my attention

When my son was a teenager he was into anarchy signs, Slipknot, Korn, and Tool. He wanted DocMartins and wore black music t-shirts EVERY day. I made him take back his Marilyn Manson CD because of the awful lyrics...and once I heard this Tool song I was about to make him take that CD back too. He protested and told me to read the lyrics to the song and I was pleasantly surprised. What I thought was a hate song full of Hitler images through the use of hard pounding industrial noise and cheering that reminded me of the adoring Nazi crowds, in the ultimate language of hate..German...was actually a cookie recipe. I laughed at myself and was impressed with what I thought was the cleverest way to point out prejudice through a case of mistaken identity. I assumed what I heard was one thing...which in itself pointed out my own prejudices when I found out what the lyrics were really saying. I heard German, clanging, and crowd cheering and automatically concluded...evil hate mongers. I then sat down and listened to the whole album and was hooked from then on.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 184
Re: The Song that got my attention

But you really have to look into the meaning of the recipe if you want to know the truth... you may be surprised to find there is actually a message of hate hidden within the message of love
Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
Wow. Tool actually opened some minds.
Fixed. I'll take the second slot. Thanks. Good day.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

I never said it was always about me sweetheart.

Anyway, You said "A mind" so I just wanted to fix it and let you know that Tool has changed my mind in a positive way as well. But Im sure you already knew that. :)

HOW IS THE WORKING OUT GOING? Does it look like your on roids yet? If not then you suck! haha...It better fuckin be your new years resolution!!

BTW, its 2 times in 3 days. Rivek your a month and 2 days behind. haha You better Catch-Up and Liquor.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
1. It's always about you when it comes to you goddamnit.
lol Yes sir. Sorry captain.

Quote:
2. Cool. Yeah, they pushed me out of my comfort zone and now I like all music. Even grindcore. Maybe Tool was a bad influence on me.
Im happy that they pushed you out of your comfort zone but explain a little on how Tool could even be a bad influence? Im curious as to what you have to say.

Quote:
3. I re-stacked about seven f'n pallets of 80lb bags at work yesterday (30 per pallet) so it's off to a good start.
Good man, you have to get into a gym and have a daily routine.

Quote:
4. what? The only part of that I understood is the liquor part... because... my irish blood has been awakened and my latent family history of alcoholism with it.
lol. translated: I got head 2 days out of 3. Your a month and 2 days behind of recieved oral sex when you do..you will be cool like the rest of us. lol I dont think you understood this....Catch-up and liquor= Catchup and lick her.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

First: Old girlfriends are NEVER good. hahaha.
Second:What do you listen to that most people dont consider music?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_k_keenan View Post
, in the ultimate language of hate..German..
The Tool forum does NOT accept nor respect rascists. It'll be nice to see you burn one day.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkcow View Post
But you really have to look into the meaning of the recipe if you want to know the truth... you may be surprised to find there is actually a message of hate hidden within the message of love
There is NO message of hate in this track at all. Are you deaf blind and dumb?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

yeah I ended up calling an old girlfriend and we met up here at the apartment and fucked like rabbits. So. There ya go.
HA, well I got head in the theatre on Sunday, and then she rode me in the theatre...no joke
Old 01-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
When my son was a teenager he was into anarchy signs, Slipknot, Korn, and Tool. He wanted DocMartins and wore black music t-shirts EVERY day. I made him take back his Marilyn Manson CD because of the awful lyrics...and once I heard this Tool song I was about to make him take that CD back too. He protested and told me to read the lyrics to the song and I was pleasantly surprised. What I thought was a hate song full of Hitler images through the use of hard pounding industrial noise and cheering that reminded me of the adoring Nazi crowds, in the ultimate language of hate..German...was actually a cookie recipe. I laughed at myself and was impressed with what I thought was the cleverest way to point out prejudice through a case of mistaken identity. I assumed what I heard was one thing...which in itself pointed out my own prejudices when I found out what the lyrics were really saying. I heard German, clanging, and crowd cheering and automatically concluded...evil hate mongers. I then sat down and listened to the whole album and was hooked from then on.

So you were reliefed to realize the song wasn't Nazi-connected in any way? Why is your TDN-name refering to the KKK?

You're a weird one, imo.

Last edited by Rolo; 01-08-2008 at 03:22 PM..
Old 01-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Jedi Master

Quote:
see noise/grind
I've heard some A.C.
Definatly NOT music. Althought they have an amusing version of the theme from the A-team.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
So you were reliefed to realize the song wasn't Nazi-connected in any way? Why is your TDN-name refering to the KKK?

You're a weird one, imo.
Maybe he did it so people would have the same experience over his name that he had over the song?

Also, you're a weird one.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*»€«(Đispositioñ)»€«*~* View Post
Also, you're a weird one.
Aren't we all?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Well yeah, at first i thought it had something to do with Hitler and the Nazi's, but then i looked up the lyrics. After reading it i thought, ignorance sucks. But now you see that it wasn't about that. It's a cookie recipe.Tool opened up a mind by forcing a listener out of their comfort zone and made them think. yay!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

You're a weird one, imo.
That's my real name. My parent's sense of humor I guess...or sense of ignorance. Not the initials one can easily use without such a prejudicial comment being made. Sometimes a "k" is just a "k".
Old 03-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 18

I admit what got me into tool was the sober video way back in the day. Then I bought Undertow and it was one of the most brutal albums of its time. I was a kid then of course, but have grown with this band almost perfectly in sync with my life. I feel they are a part of who I am as a person. The time they take between albums allows for major changes in one's life, the outlook etc. The angst as a kid (undertow), the experimentation stage (aenima), the spiritual journey as an adult (lateralus), and finally when reality comes crashing down (10,000). I cant wait to see what they come up with next.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

^Next was an entire collection of "cookie recipes", aka Puscifer. Just saying this cause while reading this thread I was reminded of Maynard's quote describing Puscifer, which he said was "where my Id, Ego, and Anima all come together to exchange cookie recipes."

I thought it was funny how he used the cookie recipe connection again. I wonder if this means Puscifer is basically his thoughts on misconceptions and censorship when the censorship is purely based on what others perceieve and not directly what the material itself is. For example, I find it funny that the radio version of "Jambi" censors out the word, "So".
Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #18
Jedi Master

Quote:
That's my real name. My parent's sense of humor I guess...or sense of ignorance. Not the initials one can easily use without such a prejudicial comment being made. Sometimes a "k" is just a "k".
OK, then...
Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 AM   #19
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
OK, then...
that was weak
Old 05-09-2008, 05:40 AM   #20
Jedi Master

You meant weak
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #21
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

this was a great thread until someone responded.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #22
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
You meant weak
oh yeah
Old 05-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #23
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post
this was a great thread until someone responded.
Well thanks for ruining it =-P
Old 05-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

This is sad blastfomy of stupid minds that "fuck old girlfriends" and "fuck in a theatre"... the is pure YOU ARE A STUPID HEAD AND I AINT...absolutly stupid!!
Old 05-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #25
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated91 View Post
This is sad blastfomy of stupid minds that "fuck old girlfriends" and "fuck in a theatre"... the is pure YOU ARE A STUPID HEAD AND I AINT...absolutly stupid!!
And this is a sad example for a first post on a Tool forum.

Welcome at TDN...
Old 05-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Maybe the next step is to dig a little deeper into Manson's lyrics to discover that they aren't all that bad, and actually make valid points about our fucked up society.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
Maybe the next step is to dig a little deeper into Manson's lyrics to discover that they aren't all that bad, and actually make valid points about our fucked up society.
Disgustipated91 is cleary a great example of our "fucked up society"
Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated91 View Post

Wow...Im speechless.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

yeah, this is hypocrisy to a tangible degree but...
wouldn't it be easier to ignore the clutter/filler posts than to drag them into further meaningless posts and cluttering the entire topic? i could be wrong...

either way... i bet my father feels similar to the way the original poster's initial reaction to the song, he's into a lot of wwii novels (american patriot all the way of course), and really grips to all of the negative connotations towards germany from then (as well as other countries the u.s. has waged war with). I was baffled to find that this song was a recipe, this german chick i met, whom was into tool, told me it's more like a biscuit recipe, but in some countries a biscuit is just a thick cookie anyway.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #30
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_confusion View Post
yeah, this is hypocrisy to a tangible degree but...
wouldn't it be easier to ignore the clutter/filler posts than to drag them into further meaningless posts and cluttering the entire topic? i could be wrong...
You might be right........but nobody really gives a fuck.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #31
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

all in good fun?

pour me another then, for the fire glows dim.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #32
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
all in good fun?

pour me another then, for the fire glows dim.
**pours some grape kool-aid and hands it over**
Old 05-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #33
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

Thank you for identifying the kool-aid flavor. -_-
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I was baffled to find that this song was a recipe, this german chick i met, whom was into tool, told me it's more like a biscuit recipe, but in some countries a biscuit is just a thick cookie anyway.
My brother is bilingual and attends High School (or whatever the equivalent is) in Germany... He said that "Hashish" was actually German for 'Crack' and not Hash.

Crack Biscuits?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
There is NO message of hate in this track at all. Are you deaf blind and dumb?
well, whatever he is, he sure plays a mean pinball

Last edited by false_living123; 06-11-2008 at 06:19 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #36
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

A pinball with spikes = a mace.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxs View Post
A pinball with spikes, chain and handle = a mace.
/fixed
Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #38
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxs View Post
A pinball with spikes = a mace.
it's all a conspiracy
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #39
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
YOU'RE all a conspiracy
The government is actually run by hamsters crossed with jellyfish. The masons are really just a cover up for what's REALLY going on.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #40
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
YOU'RE all a conspiracy
WE'RE all accidents.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread