Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Tool Song Of All-Time?
Sweat 0 0%
Hush 1 0.42%
Part of Me 0 0%
Cold and Ugly 0 0%
Jerk-Off 1 0.42%
Opiate 1 0.42%
Maynard's Dick 0 0%
Intolerance 0 0%
Prison Sex 1 0.42%
Sober 2 0.83%
Bottom 1 0.42%
Crawl Away 0 0%
Swamp Song 0 0%
Undertow 4 1.67%
4 Degrees 1 0.42%
Flood 4 1.67%
Disgustipated 0 0%
Stinkfist 2 0.83%
Eulogy 14 5.83%
H. 13 5.42%
Forty Six & 2 8 3.33%
Hooker With a Penis 0 0%
Jimmy 2 0.83%
Pushit 17 7.08%
Aenema 5 2.08%
Third Eye 16 6.67%
The Grudge 9 3.75%
The Patient 8 3.33%
Schism 3 1.25%
Parabol 1 0.42%
Parabola 2 0.83%
Ticks and Leeches 3 1.25%
Disposition 2 0.83%
Reflection 18 7.50%
Triad 1 0.42%
Vicarious 2 0.83%
Jambi 6 2.50%
Wings for Marie 0 0%
10,000 Days 14 5.83%
The Pot 3 1.25%
Rosetta Stoned 13 5.42%
Intention 1 0.42%
Right in Two 7 2.92%
Viginty Tres 1 0.42%
No Quarter ( Cover ) 0 0%
You Lied 0 0%
Lateralus 53 22.08%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

soulongod's Avatar soulongod
06-09-2007, 08:26 PM

(?)

Triad is just delightful. If I had to describe the listening experience with words, I say the experience would be like running around in the rain of a storm while trying to catch the wind amongst the whirling sand dunes on a sun. Moreover, if I had to listen to just one song on repeat for the rest of my life, it’d be Triad, lyrics would be depressing after a while; no offense Maynard, I still love ya.

Deus Ex Machina,
Shuffle

PS
Give Triad another listen and if possible, try this silly experiment, alter the track Intermission by amplifying 200 to 300 percent and reducing the speed and pitch to anywhere between 25 and 50 percent, it will not disappoint.

(?)
Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #81
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 25
Triad

(?)

Triad is just delightful. If I had to describe the listening experience with words, I say the experience would be like running around in the rain of a storm while trying to catch the wind amongst the whirling sand dunes on a sun. Moreover, if I had to listen to just one song on repeat for the rest of my life, it’d be Triad, lyrics would be depressing after a while; no offense Maynard, I still love ya.

Deus Ex Machina,
Shuffle

PS
Give Triad another listen and if possible, try this silly experiment, alter the track Intermission by amplifying 200 to 300 percent and reducing the speed and pitch to anywhere between 25 and 50 percent, it will not disappoint.

(?)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
nabiliofadilio's Avatar nabiliofadilio
06-10-2007, 11:33 AM

triad is wonderful.... the only thing i don't like is that the last 2min are silent
Old 06-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
Re: What Is Your Favorite Tool Song Of All-Time?

triad is wonderful.... the only thing i don't like is that the last 2min are silent
06-14-2007, 08:12 PM

I voted Pushit because I love the way it get's INTO you and I love the lyrics. Other votes would be, H. for the lyrics, Lateralus of course, Gotta love Sober. Tons of others...Also I agree that 4 degrees doesn't get enough credit--it is a damn good song. Every once in a while I try to look on my media player at the least played Tool songs on there and listen to them. I don't think enough people do that so a' lot of good songs like 4 degrees go unnoticed :/
Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #83
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I voted Pushit because I love the way it get's INTO you and I love the lyrics. Other votes would be, H. for the lyrics, Lateralus of course, Gotta love Sober. Tons of others...Also I agree that 4 degrees doesn't get enough credit--it is a damn good song. Every once in a while I try to look on my media player at the least played Tool songs on there and listen to them. I don't think enough people do that so a' lot of good songs like 4 degrees go unnoticed :/
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠Ace♠ View Post
hey thats actually pretty good idea, i'm gonna try that!
mmmmmm4 degrees is awesome
Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠Ace♠ View Post
hey thats actually pretty good idea, i'm gonna try that!
mmmmmm4 degrees is awesome
06-16-2007, 06:54 PM

I picked H. as my favorite. The ones that follow close behind for me are Lateralus, Rosetta Stoned, Reflection, The Patient, and Pushit.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

I picked H. as my favorite. The ones that follow close behind for me are Lateralus, Rosetta Stoned, Reflection, The Patient, and Pushit.
seemyshadowchanging
06-18-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
The Grudge
For sure.No doubt about it.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #86
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyB View Post
The Grudge
For sure.No doubt about it.
NajiLyon
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM

46 & 2 and stinkfist are my two favorites. I can't believe more people didn't vote for them.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #87
Level 1 - Lurker

46 & 2 and stinkfist are my two favorites. I can't believe more people didn't vote for them.
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
06-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlittleparasite View Post
I saw two shows on the Lateralus tour (det and, i think columbus OH, not sure) and they never did it live. I've heard they'll do it during soundchecks, but thats it.

I'd really like the band to go back to the rawness of opiate and undertow. Fuck all the "noise" between songs - just fucking wail, for god's sake. I think they really tried on 10kd, and i'm sure we all pray thats not the end.
on the one hand, id love a flash or two (maybe 3...4?) of the raw anger they exhibited earlier... on the other, if they went right back to it and fucked all the 'noise' in between songs, just fucking wailing, it would be such a devolution it would sicken me. Im quite sure im not the only one praying it doesnt ever happen.

Tool are a progressive band. They have what some would call sophistication, or intrigue that raises them above the hundreds of other bands that just wail. Getting rid of that to please those that cant apreciate would be a high crime.

In short... fuck no.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
I saw two shows on the Lateralus tour (det and, i think columbus OH, not sure) and they never did it live. I've heard they'll do it during soundchecks, but thats it.

I'd really like the band to go back to the rawness of opiate and undertow. Fuck all the "noise" between songs - just fucking wail, for god's sake. I think they really tried on 10kd, and i'm sure we all pray thats not the end.
on the one hand, id love a flash or two (maybe 3...4?) of the raw anger they exhibited earlier... on the other, if they went right back to it and fucked all the 'noise' in between songs, just fucking wailing, it would be such a devolution it would sicken me. Im quite sure im not the only one praying it doesnt ever happen.

Tool are a progressive band. They have what some would call sophistication, or intrigue that raises them above the hundreds of other bands that just wail. Getting rid of that to please those that cant apreciate would be a high crime.

In short... fuck no.
Ghostwriter's Avatar Ghostwriter
06-19-2007, 01:05 PM

You didnt put in Faaip de Oiad which is one of my favorite!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #89
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

You didnt put in Faaip de Oiad which is one of my favorite!
waroco
06-19-2007, 01:32 PM

Third Eye, The Grudge, Vicarious, Stinkfist, Lateralus, Sober, 10,000 days, Right in 2...fuck man its all good!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #90
Level 4 - Thinker

Third Eye, The Grudge, Vicarious, Stinkfist, Lateralus, Sober, 10,000 days, Right in 2...fuck man its all good!
06-20-2007, 03:22 PM

*Its spelled Viginiti Tres!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #91
Level 8 - Vociferous

*Its spelled Viginiti Tres!
06-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:

They should do a double side album (and sorry for the example, it's all I can think of) like Nelly's (yuck) Sweat Suit. One side could be all hardcore like the pre-Aenima albums and one side can be more spiritual like the post-Lateralus Albums...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #92
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

They should do a double side album (and sorry for the example, it's all I can think of) like Nelly's (yuck) Sweat Suit. One side could be all hardcore like the pre-Aenima albums and one side can be more spiritual like the post-Lateralus Albums...
06-20-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
that would be cool
or angry songs and then calm songs
instrumental and vocal
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
that would be cool
or angry songs and then calm songs
instrumental and vocal
06-22-2007, 05:34 PM

I dunno why but I'm a little baffled at the fact that Lateralus is winning this poll in a landslide. I like that song but it's nowhere near the top tier of Tool songs for me. I'm interested to hear why everyone chose Lateralus. My choice was Third Eye and it's not even close. One of the best songs ever written.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #94
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I dunno why but I'm a little baffled at the fact that Lateralus is winning this poll in a landslide. I like that song but it's nowhere near the top tier of Tool songs for me. I'm interested to hear why everyone chose Lateralus. My choice was Third Eye and it's not even close. One of the best songs ever written.
06-25-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerzoOcchio View Post
Lateralus. ;)

P.S. Somehow, I forgot to add Lateralus to the list and it's my favorite song! lol Yet, I remembered to add Viginty Tres when I doubt it's even considered a song. ahh
Who are you to decide what Tool tracks are songs or not? Some of my favorite ones arent on here!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #95
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerzoOcchio View Post
Lateralus. ;)

P.S. Somehow, I forgot to add Lateralus to the list and it's my favorite song! lol Yet, I remembered to add Viginty Tres when I doubt it's even considered a song. ahh
Who are you to decide what Tool tracks are songs or not? Some of my favorite ones arent on here!
fatlittleparasite
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitcore View Post
testament to the greatness of tool is that probably the most radio - played song (and recognized by non-tool fans), sober, got only one vote as well.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #96
Banned.

Bincount™: 2859

Quote:
testament to the greatness of tool is that probably the most radio - played song (and recognized by non-tool fans), sober, got only one vote as well.
hobbitcore
06-27-2007, 05:16 AM

Actually I'd say that only proves what should be pretty obvious which is that the people on this board are real fans and have heard all of Tool's stuff as opposed to just hearing them on the radio.

Lateralus was a single too though.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:16 AM   #97
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Actually I'd say that only proves what should be pretty obvious which is that the people on this board are real fans and have heard all of Tool's stuff as opposed to just hearing them on the radio.

06-27-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:

I cannot ever remember hearing any Tool song on the radio...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:32 AM   #98
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I cannot ever remember hearing any Tool song on the radio...
06-27-2007, 06:48 AM

Here's my updated list of favorites: Intolerance, 46 & 2, Pushit, No Quarter (cover), The Grudge, Lateralus, 4 Degrees, Jambi, Intension, Right in Two, Stinkfist... My favorite Segues are: Disgustipated (if that counts as one), (-) ions, Faaip De Oiad, and Viginiti Tres. Whatever, I JUST LOVE TOOL PERIOD!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #99
Level 8 - Vociferous

Here's my updated list of favorites: Intolerance, 46 & 2, Pushit, No Quarter (cover), The Grudge, Lateralus, 4 Degrees, Jambi, Intension, Right in Two, Stinkfist... My favorite Segues are: Disgustipated (if that counts as one), (-) ions, Faaip De Oiad, and Viginiti Tres. Whatever, I JUST LOVE TOOL PERIOD!
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
06-27-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah that's more or less what Ænima was.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #100
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:

DTA = don't trust anyone
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham Asylum View Post
Ænima wasn't two CDs...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #101
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham Asylum View Post
Ænima wasn't two CDs...
Arkham Asylum's Avatar Arkham Asylum
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Ænima wasn't two CDs...
Nope, everything fit just fine on one convenient disc. It acheived the same effect you mentioned earlier.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #102
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

Quote:
Ænima wasn't two CDs...
Nope, everything fit just fine on one convenient disc. It acheived the same effect you mentioned earlier.

DTA = don't trust anyone
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM

thats true... but think of the feeling you would get with buying a new tool cd and opening it to find TWO discs..... mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #103
Level 7 - Loquacious

thats true... but think of the feeling you would get with buying a new tool cd and opening it to find TWO discs..... mmmmmmmmmmm
06-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabiliofadilio View Post
mmmmmm....
Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #104
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabiliofadilio View Post
mmmmmm....
MadMax's Avatar MadMax
07-06-2007, 08:07 PM

It's so hard for me to pick my favorite Tool song of all time. There is so many amazing songs to pick from. Even the interludes (or so called filler) songs serve a purpose and are good. So pretty much they're all my favorite songs, they completely blow away every single other band.

Currently, I'm completely amazed by Wings for Marie (Part 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2). I believe that these two songs together are a true masterpiece and very likely Tools best work yet.

Other songs that come to mind as favorites would be Flood, Third Eye, Pushit, Lateralus, The Grudge, and Rosetta Stoned.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #105
Level 4 - Thinker

It's so hard for me to pick my favorite Tool song of all time. There is so many amazing songs to pick from. Even the interludes (or so called filler) songs serve a purpose and are good. So pretty much they're all my favorite songs, they completely blow away every single other band.

Currently, I'm completely amazed by Wings for Marie (Part 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2). I believe that these two songs together are a true masterpiece and very likely Tools best work yet.

Other songs that come to mind as favorites would be Flood, Third Eye, Pushit, Lateralus, The Grudge, and Rosetta Stoned.
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
07-10-2007, 06:27 AM

i voted for flood... if i had to choose
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #106
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

i voted for flood... if i had to choose
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Right in Two, with The Grudge as a close 2nd and Lateralus a distant 3rd.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #107
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Right in Two, with The Grudge as a close 2nd and Lateralus a distant 3rd.
insaner's Avatar insaner
07-19-2007, 07:54 PM

still the only vote for sober! i rule!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #108
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

still the only vote for sober! i rule!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply