opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 6. The Gaping Lotus Experience
User Name
Password
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Tomorrow never knows

For some reason this totally crazy song always makes me in an excellent mood, kinda gigglish... :) The total lack of any ambition to make any kind of sense is just so liberating (it might of course make sense to someone else). First time I heard it I immediately thought of Beatles Tomorrow never knows, and what a funny parody it would be of that song... There is no similarity in lyrics at all, I know, but the mood and the sound... hehe Anyone else ever think of it, while listening to this ?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1989
Re: Tomorrow never knows

I always wonder whether Maynard actually has all that stuff: lazy boy, curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting. he sounds more the polished floor-board type of guy.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA View Post
I always wonder whether Maynard actually has all that stuff: lazy boy, curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting. he sounds more the polished floor-board type of guy.
lol... I'd be really surprised..sounds a bit cluttered, yeah.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_knickers View Post
lol... I'd be really surprised..sounds a bit cluttered, yeah.
And.. soft?!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #5
Banned.

Quote:
And.. soft?!
lol...yeah. Though I still haven't quite made up my mind about his beeing an hardass or not. lol There seems to be (now this will be so totally girlygirl a comment now...) like this, oooh, so soft and deep thing about his texts, and then this total testosterone aggression... I dunno, hard to say... Maybe he likes lazy boys and curtains... though... arm chair covers...? lol
Old 04-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Maybe he is hard and deep at the same time.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #7
Banned.

Quote:
Maybe he is hard and deep at the same time.
Most probably.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

This song actually really reminds me of early Pink Floyd. It just clicked for me the other day, I was actually going to come here and post, so kudos that you already made a thread. I've been listening to lots of early Pink Floyd (the Syd Barrett material), and this track really reminds me of it. I can't even figure out what song it reminds me of, but the little walking bassline reminds me a lot of Waters' early playing, the subdued drumming reminds me of Mason, the wandering guitar and the vocals remind me of Barrett.

But, in general, I think that this is just a homage to 60's psychedelic rock, and an excellent one at that. Would've been sweet if they made a whole album like this.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #9
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
This song actually really reminds me of early Pink Floyd. It just clicked for me the other day, I was actually going to come here and post, so kudos that you already made a thread. I've been listening to lots of early Pink Floyd (the Syd Barrett material), and this track really reminds me of it. I can't even figure out what song it reminds me of, but the little walking bassline reminds me a lot of Waters' early playing, the subdued drumming reminds me of Mason, the wandering guitar and the vocals remind me of Barrett.

But, in general, I think that this is just a homage to 60's psychedelic rock, and an excellent one at that. Would've been sweet if they made a whole album like this.
I often find bits and pieces in Tools music that remind me of Pink Floyd, but unfortunately I can't put my finger on the specific elements like u do.. I'll have to listen to that stuff again now. :)
It would sure be nice to hear more like this from Tool... hehe

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: