Password
kanaduh
01-10-2016, 11:30 AM

Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
REVIEW - Jan 10th San Diego

01-10-2016, 11:22 PM

Virginity tres to open, parabol and parabola, sweat! No vicarious but got the extended stinkfist
2002 Inglewood, CA 7/15 | 2002 Long Beach, CA 11/24 | 2006 Indio, CA 4/30 | 2006 Phoenix, AZ 7/9 | 2007 Tucson, AZ 5/6 | 2009 Phoenix, AZ 7/21 | 2010 Los Angeles, CA 7/18 | 2012 Las Vegas, NV 1/15 | 2012 Tucson, AZ 1/17 | 2014 Phoenix, AZ 3/27 | 2015 Tempe, AZ 10/31 | 2016 San Diego, CA 1/10
Old 01-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: REVIEW - Jan 10th San Diego

Virginity tres to open, parabol and parabola, sweat! No vicarious but got the extended stinkfist
2002 Inglewood, CA 7/15 | 2002 Long Beach, CA 11/24 | 2006 Indio, CA 4/30 | 2006 Phoenix, AZ 7/9 | 2007 Tucson, AZ 5/6 | 2009 Phoenix, AZ 7/21 | 2010 Los Angeles, CA 7/18 | 2012 Las Vegas, NV 1/15 | 2012 Tucson, AZ 1/17 | 2014 Phoenix, AZ 3/27 | 2015 Tempe, AZ 10/31 | 2016 San Diego, CA 1/10
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
mwest24
01-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Same setlist as night 1 but swapped in Sweat for Vicarious.

Saw both SD nights, sound and visuals were much better on night 2 for me but I think a lot of that is where I was sitting, was mid-bowl row S (diagonal view) night one and mid-bowl row C night 2 (more straight on, closer to the booth). Much more going on with the heptogram night 2 than night 1 - pretty damn cool. Both nights Maynard's vocals were more up in the mix than I have seen. They are just amazing professionals (visual/sound team included here) but also they guys are really enjoying themselves up there it seems. Glad I stayed away from the SF setlists to get a nice treat in Sweat - went into night 2 expecting no change and that was the right way to approach it. First time I've had the pleasure of catching them on multiple nights on the same tour and so glad I did even though it is basically the same set - So much to take in and appreciate, but if you're reading this you probably already know that. I took a 3 hour nap and left SD at 3:45am to make it through LA early enough to get to work today on time, well worth it though. I am and will be leaning pretty heavily on coffee today.

The Grudge & Parabol/a were sick to see, was hoping Lateralus would make it back, but I cannot complain. 4 of the first 5 songs I hadn't seen before, I'll take that.

Primus was sick - really changed up their set in between nights, only 2 songs duplicated, Jilly and Jerry. Extended/Rearranged Southbound Pachyderm was the highlight of their set for me. It's a shame they only played for 45 minutes each night. So talented.

3 teeth was horrible but fortunately was pretty quick. For me it wasn't as loud the second night but again that could be more a function of seating, I think the sides at this venue get some pretty significant echo/other sound issues. Still horrible and loud, just less loud. If you're going to future dates, bring plugs if for nothing else but to save your ears for the real music that is ahead. I'm glad I did.

Maynard said a couple things to piss off the crowd and got some boos, he said it felt like LA, then saying "Hello Bakersfield" - Both nights subbed San Diego in Arizona Bay and pronounced it San Diah-go a la Ron Burgundy on occasion.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Saw both SD nights, sound and visuals were much better on night 2 for me but I think a lot of that is where I was sitting, was mid-bowl row S (diagonal view) night one and mid-bowl row C night 2 (more straight on, closer to the booth). Much more going on with the heptogram night 2 than night 1 - pretty damn cool. Both nights Maynard's vocals were more up in the mix than I have seen. They are just amazing professionals (visual/sound team included here) but also they guys are really enjoying themselves up there it seems. Glad I stayed away from the SF setlists to get a nice treat in Sweat - went into night 2 expecting no change and that was the right way to approach it. First time I've had the pleasure of catching them on multiple nights on the same tour and so glad I did even though it is basically the same set - So much to take in and appreciate, but if you're reading this you probably already know that. I took a 3 hour nap and left SD at 3:45am to make it through LA early enough to get to work today on time, well worth it though. I am and will be leaning pretty heavily on coffee today.

The Grudge & Parabol/a were sick to see, was hoping Lateralus would make it back, but I cannot complain. 4 of the first 5 songs I hadn't seen before, I'll take that.

Primus was sick - really changed up their set in between nights, only 2 songs duplicated, Jilly and Jerry. Extended/Rearranged Southbound Pachyderm was the highlight of their set for me. It's a shame they only played for 45 minutes each night. So talented.

3 teeth was horrible but fortunately was pretty quick. For me it wasn't as loud the second night but again that could be more a function of seating, I think the sides at this venue get some pretty significant echo/other sound issues. Still horrible and loud, just less loud. If you're going to future dates, bring plugs if for nothing else but to save your ears for the real music that is ahead. I'm glad I did.

Maynard said a couple things to piss off the crowd and got some boos, he said it felt like LA, then saying "Hello Bakersfield" - Both nights subbed San Diego in Arizona Bay and pronounced it San Diah-go a la Ron Burgundy on occasion.
tooltweeker
01-11-2016, 05:54 PM

Viginti*
Old 01-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Viginti*
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
01-12-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwest24 View Post

shit, man… i thought you were only going to night 1, which didn't work out for me, but i would've hit you up when we were down there night 2. you know where i was sitting- shoulda come said hi. haha.

my wife said to say thanks again.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 01-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwest24 View Post

shit, man… i thought you were only going to night 1, which didn't work out for me, but i would've hit you up when we were down there night 2. you know where i was sitting- shoulda come said hi. haha.

[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
mwest24
01-14-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post

I thought about it, but I ended up all set, so didn't want to just show up on you. I did look over and try and figure out where you were at but couldn't tell from far. No problem, thank you as well!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post

I thought about it, but I ended up all set, so didn't want to just show up on you. I did look over and try and figure out where you were at but couldn't tell from far. No problem, thank you as well!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply