Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
04-20-2009, 05:21 AM

So, since doing nothing else than trying to unveil the secret of this album, I went through the story again, today (as everyday) and it finally made sense to me!! Let's reflect on the concept of the album:

The protagonist has lost all hope in its inner self. He reflects on an old story, he's been told in a town called Jambi. Long ago, in the hills of the Himalayas near a lotus pool, the Buddha was once born as a baby elephant. He was a magnificent elephant, pure white with feet and face the color of coral. His trunk gleamed like a silver rope and his ivory tusks curled up in a long arc.
He followed his mother everywhere. She plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from the tall trees and gave them to him. "First you, then me," she said. She bathed him in the cool lotus pool among the fragrant flowers. Drawing the sparkling water up in her trunk, she sprayed him over the top of his head and back until he shone. Then filling his trunk with water, he took careful aim and squirted a perfect geyser right between his mother's eyes. Without blinking, she squirted him back. And back and forth, they gleefully squirted and splashed each other. Splish! Splash!
Then they rested in the soft muck with their trunks curled together. In the deep shadows of afternoon, the mother elephant rested in the shade of a rose-apple tree and watched her son romp and frolic with the other baby elephants.
The little elephant grew and grew until he was the tallest and strongest young bull in the herd. And while he grew taller and stronger, his mother grew older and older. Her tusks were yellow and broken and in time she became blind. The young elephant plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from the tall trees and gave them to his dear old blind mother. "First you, then me," he said.

He bathed her in the cool lotus pool among the fragrant flowers. Drawing the sparkling water up in his trunk, he sprayed her over the top of her head and back until she shone. Then they rested in the soft muck with their trunks curled together. In the deep shadows of afternoon, the young elephant guided his mother to the shade of a rose-apple tree. Then he went roaming with the other elephants. One day a king was hunting and spied the beautiful white
elephant. "What a splendid animal! I must have him to ride upon!" So the king captured the elephant and put him in the royal stable. He adorned him with silk and jewels and garlands of lotus flowers. He gave him sweet grass and juicy plums and filled his trough with pure water.

The king said, "Never have I seen such kindness, not even among humans. It is not right to keep this young elephant in chains." "It is your very own son!" he cried. "The king has set me free!" As he washed her eyes, a miracle happened. Her sight returned. "May the king rejoice today as I rejoice at seeing my son again!" she said.

The young elephant then plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from a tree and gave them to her. "First you, then me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, when I listened to the album again, twice, I reflected on an idea, that I had two years ago. What if Maynard's third eye was projected in this story, by the "king" in Jambi? Or, in other words, Maynard trying to tell everybody, that he is not only capable of creating beautful music, but also, that the weight on his shoulders goes beyond his spiritual capabilities?

So, when I listened to the album, it all made sense to me. The monkeys, the aliens, the magic.

THIS ALBUM CAN CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE! The message is, if you take your sights too far, they will take you in! Since I listen to this album, I am a totally different person. Let me give you an example.

Last summer I was in Iowa at my aunt’s home. My aunt Francis and her husband John live in a small house in Charlstown. They had a black dog with bright blue eyes. He was calling Sydney. I traveled to Charlstown, because my mum was married again and did with her new husband holidays. I don’t like my new dad, but it doesn’t matter. So I stayed by Francis and now my story begin.

It was a sunny day on June, when I arrived with the train Charlstown. At the station John and Francis were waiting. My little aunt ran to me and embraced me. “Hy, Sweety. How are you?” she asked me. “Fine, thanks. Hello, John.” answered I. John nodded and took my case. We went to the jeep and drove to the little white house. As we have left the car, a big wolf jumped up on me. “Ihhhh! A wolf!” I screeched. “Lilly, this is Sydney, our dog.” Fran said laughing. “You have a wolf for dog? You are crazy.” I shouted and went some steps back. “Lilly! Lilly! Lilly! Syd doesn’t do anything.” Fran laughed. “Oh, he’s so scary.” I put John arm and went with him into the house. In my room Fran said, “Okay, dear. This is your room. The bath is two doors far. Tonight is in the village a festival. If you want you would come with us. If you don’t want then not.” I nodded. During I unpacked my case, at the front door someone was knocking. Fran and John were driven into the village. I sighed and went down. I opened the door and saw a handsome boy. He had brown hair and green eyes. He looked very surprised as he saw me. “Yes, can I help you?” I asked. “ “This says everybody.” Murmured I. In the kitchen I searched the salt. If I found the salt shaker, I wanted to give him Lee. But Lee began to laugh and said, “I need more salt. Fran must have some in a bag.” So I searched again and finally I found the salt bag. “Here you are.” “Thanks!” He took the salt bag and looked at me. “What? Have I a purple in my face?” I began to laugh because his look was embarrassing for me. “No, but you have beautiful eyes!” he answered. My eyes were yellow. They looked like urine, I thought so. “Alright, I have BEAUTIFUL eyes.” If it had gone about my look, my voice became a little bit ironically. “Yes, they look like honey.” Lee nodded, but his eyes stared at my. “Like honey?!? No, they look like urine.” I contradicted. “Like urine? That’s good. You are funny… ohm?” Lee stopped to laugh and looked at me again. “You didn’t say your name!” “Yes, I didn’t.” I agreed. Lee saw interrogative. I sighed and said, “I’m Lilly.” “Lilly is a nice name.” “And you, Lee, you’re a slimmer.” I laughed. “No, I am not. I’m only friendly.” “Oh, then I’m ugly?” “No, I’m said the truth. You are a beautiful girl.” “First were only my eyes beautiful, now I’m beautiful.” I sighed acted. Lee began to laugh again and I joined in. During we laughed, we must sat down. First if my bully began to hurt I stopped. “Okay, Lee. What do you do now?” I asked. Lee looked at me and answered, “I invite you to go with me to the village festival.” My eye browns jumped up. “I should go with you to the festival.” “Yes, but only when you want.” Lee came round. “Okay, it’s better than with my aunt.” I smiled. Lee smiled back. “Good, then I will pick you up at 19.15 o’clock!” meant Lee and stood up. I stood up, too, and brought him to the front door. At the door Lee hesitated to go. “Okay, we meet us in front of the house. That’s okay?” I asked. “Yes, it’s okay. See you later, Lilly.” said Lee and turned to go. “Bye, Lee.” I replayed.
One hour later Fran and John came back and I told them about Lee’s visit. “Lee is a nice boy. I’m glad that you have found a friend.” Fran said. “So you go with Lee to the festival?” John asked. “Yes. Or do you want I go with you?” “No, go with Lee.” Fran laughed. John nodded and went out to make a walk with Sydney. I jumped up the stairs and went in my room. I began to style me and changed my clothes. So I wore a summer dress when Lee came. “Wow! You look great.” Lee was astonished when he has seen me. I moved around myself and my dress was blowing up. Lee laughed and took my hand. I was blushing. “Let’s go!” Lee shouted. He began to run and I had to follow him.
We drove with his car into the village. At the Market were many digs and a Ferris wheel. I looked around and Lee went to some friends. “Hy, guys. This is Lilly.” He said and gave his friends his hand. “Hi Lilly!” only one boy was replying. “Hi.” I said shy. The others were only looking at me. I felt strange. Lee came to me and asked: “Do you want some drink?” “Yes, a soda?” I replied. Lee nodded and went to a bar. His friends looked a moment at me and began to tell about something I didn’t know. After 10 Minutes Lee came back and gave me my soda. I drank a little and looked around. In the back of the market I saw Fran and John. They spoke with some other people. Suddenly I felt lonely. I saw in my thoughts my mum with her new husband and my dad with his girlfriend, my best friend Kim with her sister Mary in New York. I bit on my lip and drank again. Lee looked at my and asked “Alright?” I nodded. Lee put his head a little bit sloping and starred at my eyes. “You have tears in your eyes.” He noticed. I wiped off the tears and said slowly “I felt alone! My mum is married again and my dad has a girlfriend. No one of both is interested of me.” “That’s wrong. You know it.” Lee meant. I laughed dryly. “And why do they send me into a small country village?!” “Maybe you are right. But you don’t think you are alone. I’m here.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE SECRET and now, go and spread it!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60
I just solved the 10,000 Days puzzle!

So, since doing nothing else than trying to unveil the secret of this album, I went through the story again, today (as everyday) and it finally made sense to me!! Let's reflect on the concept of the album:

The protagonist has lost all hope in its inner self. He reflects on an old story, he's been told in a town called Jambi. Long ago, in the hills of the Himalayas near a lotus pool, the Buddha was once born as a baby elephant. He was a magnificent elephant, pure white with feet and face the color of coral. His trunk gleamed like a silver rope and his ivory tusks curled up in a long arc.
He followed his mother everywhere. She plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from the tall trees and gave them to him. "First you, then me," she said. She bathed him in the cool lotus pool among the fragrant flowers. Drawing the sparkling water up in her trunk, she sprayed him over the top of his head and back until he shone. Then filling his trunk with water, he took careful aim and squirted a perfect geyser right between his mother's eyes. Without blinking, she squirted him back. And back and forth, they gleefully squirted and splashed each other. Splish! Splash!
Then they rested in the soft muck with their trunks curled together. In the deep shadows of afternoon, the mother elephant rested in the shade of a rose-apple tree and watched her son romp and frolic with the other baby elephants.
The little elephant grew and grew until he was the tallest and strongest young bull in the herd. And while he grew taller and stronger, his mother grew older and older. Her tusks were yellow and broken and in time she became blind. The young elephant plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from the tall trees and gave them to his dear old blind mother. "First you, then me," he said.

He bathed her in the cool lotus pool among the fragrant flowers. Drawing the sparkling water up in his trunk, he sprayed her over the top of her head and back until she shone. Then they rested in the soft muck with their trunks curled together. In the deep shadows of afternoon, the young elephant guided his mother to the shade of a rose-apple tree. Then he went roaming with the other elephants. One day a king was hunting and spied the beautiful white
elephant. "What a splendid animal! I must have him to ride upon!" So the king captured the elephant and put him in the royal stable. He adorned him with silk and jewels and garlands of lotus flowers. He gave him sweet grass and juicy plums and filled his trough with pure water.

The king said, "Never have I seen such kindness, not even among humans. It is not right to keep this young elephant in chains." "It is your very own son!" he cried. "The king has set me free!" As he washed her eyes, a miracle happened. Her sight returned. "May the king rejoice today as I rejoice at seeing my son again!" she said.

The young elephant then plucked the tenderest leaves and sweetest mangoes from a tree and gave them to her. "First you, then me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, when I listened to the album again, twice, I reflected on an idea, that I had two years ago. What if Maynard's third eye was projected in this story, by the "king" in Jambi? Or, in other words, Maynard trying to tell everybody, that he is not only capable of creating beautful music, but also, that the weight on his shoulders goes beyond his spiritual capabilities?

So, when I listened to the album, it all made sense to me. The monkeys, the aliens, the magic.

THIS ALBUM CAN CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE! The message is, if you take your sights too far, they will take you in! Since I listen to this album, I am a totally different person. Let me give you an example.

Last summer I was in Iowa at my aunt’s home. My aunt Francis and her husband John live in a small house in Charlstown. They had a black dog with bright blue eyes. He was calling Sydney. I traveled to Charlstown, because my mum was married again and did with her new husband holidays. I don’t like my new dad, but it doesn’t matter. So I stayed by Francis and now my story begin.

It was a sunny day on June, when I arrived with the train Charlstown. At the station John and Francis were waiting. My little aunt ran to me and embraced me. “Hy, Sweety. How are you?” she asked me. “Fine, thanks. Hello, John.” answered I. John nodded and took my case. We went to the jeep and drove to the little white house. As we have left the car, a big wolf jumped up on me. “Ihhhh! A wolf!” I screeched. “Lilly, this is Sydney, our dog.” Fran said laughing. “You have a wolf for dog? You are crazy.” I shouted and went some steps back. “Lilly! Lilly! Lilly! Syd doesn’t do anything.” Fran laughed. “Oh, he’s so scary.” I put John arm and went with him into the house. In my room Fran said, “Okay, dear. This is your room. The bath is two doors far. Tonight is in the village a festival. If you want you would come with us. If you don’t want then not.” I nodded. During I unpacked my case, at the front door someone was knocking. Fran and John were driven into the village. I sighed and went down. I opened the door and saw a handsome boy. He had brown hair and green eyes. He looked very surprised as he saw me. “Yes, can I help you?” I asked. “ “This says everybody.” Murmured I. In the kitchen I searched the salt. If I found the salt shaker, I wanted to give him Lee. But Lee began to laugh and said, “I need more salt. Fran must have some in a bag.” So I searched again and finally I found the salt bag. “Here you are.” “Thanks!” He took the salt bag and looked at me. “What? Have I a purple in my face?” I began to laugh because his look was embarrassing for me. “No, but you have beautiful eyes!” he answered. My eyes were yellow. They looked like urine, I thought so. “Alright, I have BEAUTIFUL eyes.” If it had gone about my look, my voice became a little bit ironically. “Yes, they look like honey.” Lee nodded, but his eyes stared at my. “Like honey?!? No, they look like urine.” I contradicted. “Like urine? That’s good. You are funny… ohm?” Lee stopped to laugh and looked at me again. “You didn’t say your name!” “Yes, I didn’t.” I agreed. Lee saw interrogative. I sighed and said, “I’m Lilly.” “Lilly is a nice name.” “And you, Lee, you’re a slimmer.” I laughed. “No, I am not. I’m only friendly.” “Oh, then I’m ugly?” “No, I’m said the truth. You are a beautiful girl.” “First were only my eyes beautiful, now I’m beautiful.” I sighed acted. Lee began to laugh again and I joined in. During we laughed, we must sat down. First if my bully began to hurt I stopped. “Okay, Lee. What do you do now?” I asked. Lee looked at me and answered, “I invite you to go with me to the village festival.” My eye browns jumped up. “I should go with you to the festival.” “Yes, but only when you want.” Lee came round. “Okay, it’s better than with my aunt.” I smiled. Lee smiled back. “Good, then I will pick you up at 19.15 o’clock!” meant Lee and stood up. I stood up, too, and brought him to the front door. At the door Lee hesitated to go. “Okay, we meet us in front of the house. That’s okay?” I asked. “Yes, it’s okay. See you later, Lilly.” said Lee and turned to go. “Bye, Lee.” I replayed.
One hour later Fran and John came back and I told them about Lee’s visit. “Lee is a nice boy. I’m glad that you have found a friend.” Fran said. “So you go with Lee to the festival?” John asked. “Yes. Or do you want I go with you?” “No, go with Lee.” Fran laughed. John nodded and went out to make a walk with Sydney. I jumped up the stairs and went in my room. I began to style me and changed my clothes. So I wore a summer dress when Lee came. “Wow! You look great.” Lee was astonished when he has seen me. I moved around myself and my dress was blowing up. Lee laughed and took my hand. I was blushing. “Let’s go!” Lee shouted. He began to run and I had to follow him.
We drove with his car into the village. At the Market were many digs and a Ferris wheel. I looked around and Lee went to some friends. “Hy, guys. This is Lilly.” He said and gave his friends his hand. “Hi Lilly!” only one boy was replying. “Hi.” I said shy. The others were only looking at me. I felt strange. Lee came to me and asked: “Do you want some drink?” “Yes, a soda?” I replied. Lee nodded and went to a bar. His friends looked a moment at me and began to tell about something I didn’t know. After 10 Minutes Lee came back and gave me my soda. I drank a little and looked around. In the back of the market I saw Fran and John. They spoke with some other people. Suddenly I felt lonely. I saw in my thoughts my mum with her new husband and my dad with his girlfriend, my best friend Kim with her sister Mary in New York. I bit on my lip and drank again. Lee looked at my and asked “Alright?” I nodded. Lee put his head a little bit sloping and starred at my eyes. “You have tears in your eyes.” He noticed. I wiped off the tears and said slowly “I felt alone! My mum is married again and my dad has a girlfriend. No one of both is interested of me.” “That’s wrong. You know it.” Lee meant. I laughed dryly. “And why do they send me into a small country village?!” “Maybe you are right. But you don’t think you are alone. I’m here.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE SECRET and now, go and spread it!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
04-20-2009, 04:06 PM

tl;dr
Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483
Re: I just solved the 10,000 Days puzzle!

tl;dr
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
04-20-2009, 07:08 PM

I chose a random section to read:

"Last summer I was in Iowa at my aunt’s home. My aunt Francis and her husband John live in a small house in Charlstown. They had a black dog with bright blue eyes. He was calling Sydney. I traveled to Charlstown, because my mum was married again and did with her new husband holidays. I don’t like my new dad, but it doesn’t matter. So I stayed by Francis and now my story begin."

And from there I figured it was safe to say that this is a fake post, but since its tl;dr material, no one will bother with it.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

I chose a random section to read:

"Last summer I was in Iowa at my aunt’s home. My aunt Francis and her husband John live in a small house in Charlstown. They had a black dog with bright blue eyes. He was calling Sydney. I traveled to Charlstown, because my mum was married again and did with her new husband holidays. I don’t like my new dad, but it doesn’t matter. So I stayed by Francis and now my story begin."

And from there I figured it was safe to say that this is a fake post, but since its tl;dr material, no one will bother with it.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
04-21-2009, 03:27 AM

Hey Yast3r, good info, y'know, on skimming. Quick reading.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

04-21-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post
That's how I roll.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post
That's how I roll.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM

THAT'S RIGHT. I'D RATHER ROLL THAN BE DRAGGED.

caps off
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

THAT'S RIGHT. I'D RATHER ROLL THAN BE DRAGGED.

caps off
04-22-2009, 01:06 PM

yep i read the same section and gave up.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

yep i read the same section and gave up.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
04-23-2009, 06:02 AM

who is Dr. TL?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

who is Dr. TL?
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
04-23-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
That's how I troll.

fxd & zing!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
That's how I troll.

fxd & zing!
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21 View Post
who is Dr. TL?
Dr. Feelgood's cousin. He has poor eye-sight.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #10
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21 View Post
who is Dr. TL?
Dr. Feelgood's cousin. He has poor eye-sight.
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM

Can you please break this into paragraphs next time.My eyes are bleeding!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Can you please break this into paragraphs next time.My eyes are bleeding!!!!
ThirdEyeSeed
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM

Can't we say the "puzzle" is the puzzle of Crowley? Crowley knew to get that ego in a chokehold, find your Divine Will, follow it, and allow your ego light to merge and become part of the Whole Light. It's the "two become one" theme repeated in Jambi, Right In Two, and Intension. Intension pointing to the Divine Will thing of it. For you to recognize the Truth, that the light in you is the Divine Light, that You are light, and then to recognize the special individual shade/angle of Light that You are, that's the point. That's the two becoming one.

But then maybe that's just a part of the puzzle, for Tool's message I mean.

I don't know.

I've never been able to study the poster, all the old links are dead. And there aren't really any patient people on here, at least not vocalizing ideas and what-not. If people do spurt a word or two someone gets on them or kills the subject, it's depressing as hell. This board needs to rediscover communication, eh? EH? EH? One day, maybe, I don't know.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Can't we say the "puzzle" is the puzzle of Crowley? Crowley knew to get that ego in a chokehold, find your Divine Will, follow it, and allow your ego light to merge and become part of the Whole Light. It's the "two become one" theme repeated in Jambi, Right In Two, and Intension. Intension pointing to the Divine Will thing of it. For you to recognize the Truth, that the light in you is the Divine Light, that You are light, and then to recognize the special individual shade/angle of Light that You are, that's the point. That's the two becoming one.

I don't know.

I've never been able to study the poster, all the old links are dead. And there aren't really any patient people on here, at least not vocalizing ideas and what-not. If people do spurt a word or two someone gets on them or kills the subject, it's depressing as hell. This board needs to rediscover communication, eh? EH? EH? One day, maybe, I don't know.
05-07-2009, 08:48 AM

i was going to answer something funny but decided otherwise
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #13

Bincount™: 391

i was going to answer something funny but decided otherwise
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeSeed View Post

I don't know.

Um....yeahhh
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

I don't know.

Um....yeahhh
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM

*faps to thread*
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

*faps to thread*
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
*faps to thread*
faps?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
*faps to thread*
faps?
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
faps?
Masturbates.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
faps?
Masturbates.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM

geez inner get with the times
Old 05-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #18
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

05-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:

I don't know.

Sweet, i appreciate the post. I started to read terry's post but his story of the album made no freakin scene to me, yours does. So thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #19
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:

I don't know.

Sweet, i appreciate the post. I started to read terry's post but his story of the album made no freakin scene to me, yours does. So thanks.
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
Same here.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #20
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post
Same here.
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
It's the "two become one" theme repeated in Jambi, Right In Two, and Intension.
Don't forget the artwork of the album. It combines two pictures into a 3d image when looking through the glasses.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:
It's the "two become one" theme repeated in Jambi, Right In Two, and Intension.
Don't forget the artwork of the album. It combines two pictures into a 3d image when looking through the glasses.
05-08-2009, 12:40 AM

Could someone please explain what ego means in this context?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 AM   #22

Could someone please explain what ego means in this context?
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
05-11-2009, 01:43 AM

...still questions about 10,000 days?

i dunno, i'm just curious, why are there still questions about that album?
i mean, by now it should be an open book for everyone who is/was seriously engaged in it...

then again... ppl are fuckin' ignorant...
the ones who like to think strange get flamed and whacked with the reality club. ( well, sometimes it's very legitimate :D )
(no offense to anyone in particular, just the mandatory observation...)
Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

i mean, by now it should be an open book for everyone who is/was seriously engaged in it...

then again... ppl are fuckin' ignorant...
the ones who like to think strange get flamed and whacked with the reality club. ( well, sometimes it's very legitimate :D )
(no offense to anyone in particular, just the mandatory observation...)
05-11-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post

Wouldn't it be better to have questions about a 2006 album than Lateralus or Aenima? I don't see your logic.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #24
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to have questions about a 2006 album than Lateralus or Aenima? I don't see your logic.
Kody27
05-11-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post

Your stance is illogical.
Rivek = Spoc.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

Rivek = Spoc.
05-11-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Haha, this being internet forum lingo I'm just not familiar with. I'm just not quite as internet lingo savvy I guess.

I'll bet some of the people on here can speak the entire Klingon language and brag about being the best D&D Dungeon Master that ever lived as well.

I'm just one of them...lol
Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #26
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Haha, this being internet forum lingo I'm just not familiar with. I'm just not quite as internet lingo savvy I guess.

I'll bet some of the people on here can speak the entire Klingon language and brag about being the best D&D Dungeon Master that ever lived as well.

I'm just one of them...lol
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
As long as posters like Master_of_Nothing, theamazingtool and Inner_Eulogy run rampant, there is no hope of these boards returning to their former glory of long, long ago.

But hey, good post, you might be on to something here.
I'd beg to differ, but what do you know.

Sorry to disappoint you dear
Old 05-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
As long as posters like Master_of_Nothing, theamazingtool and Inner_Eulogy run rampant, there is no hope of these boards returning to their former glory of long, long ago.

But hey, good post, you might be on to something here.
I'd beg to differ, but what do you know.

Sorry to disappoint you dear
05-11-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
This board needs to rediscover communication, eh? EH? EH? One day, maybe, I don't know.
Rivek, right here....grab a notepad and a pen, write notes...take a picture...and if by chance your feeble mind can process this information and actually effectively utillize it, you just might have a chance of not being such a hypocritical jackass.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #28
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
This board needs to rediscover communication, eh? EH? EH? One day, maybe, I don't know.
Rivek, right here....grab a notepad and a pen, write notes...take a picture...and if by chance your feeble mind can process this information and actually effectively utillize it, you just might have a chance of not being such a hypocritical jackass.
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason I still get disappointed when you're wrong. I don't know why... you'd think I'd have learned by now
Haha, wow, and that's the best you can come up with? That's ridiculously lame. You really are falling off Riv. Perhaps you can call me a loser and insult my son some more, maybe that will work better. Or at least maybe you'll feel better by filling that void from your own childhood.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #29
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason I still get disappointed when you're wrong. I don't know why... you'd think I'd have learned by now
Haha, wow, and that's the best you can come up with? That's ridiculously lame. You really are falling off Riv. Perhaps you can call me a loser and insult my son some more, maybe that will work better. Or at least maybe you'll feel better by filling that void from your own childhood.
05-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Alright.
How fuckin' weak....you fail miserably. Perhaps you'd be better driving an ice cream truck during the summer, at least the kids might like you. Hell, they might even think you're funny....looking that is.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #30
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Alright.
How fuckin' weak....you fail miserably. Perhaps you'd be better driving an ice cream truck during the summer, at least the kids might like you. Hell, they might even think you're funny....looking that is.
05-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Inner fucks up a lot of threads. He's pretty uppity.
I'd fuck you up too, but you wouldn't dare say shit to my face if you were in person.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Yeah, Inner fucks up a lot of threads. He's pretty uppity.
I'd fuck you up too, but you wouldn't dare say shit to my face if you were in person.
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM

you seem to be the debbie downer around here, rivek.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Inner fucks up a lot of threads.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yeah, Inner fucks up a lot of threads.
Kody27
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM

i like little debbies, and debbies little sister, she's only twelve, so she's way too old for me.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #34
On Probation

i like little debbies, and debbies little sister, she's only twelve, so she's way too old for me.
Kody27
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Kody = Kirk?

Therrrres, something......on the wing......some...thing.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #35
On Probation

Quote:
Kody = Kirk?

Therrrres, something......on the wing......some...thing.
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
05-12-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Okay, sure. What are the lyrics to the chorus of Right in Two?

It's mandatory to call people ignorant for asking questions about the latest album... but the ones before it would have been totally fine?

"fight for..., fight..., fight,...TIMMEY!" sumthin like that? :D

mkay, i just want to explain myself on this:

first, i didnt want to insult anyone... sorry if i did...

second, i think its not _that_ important to get every word the dear singer whispers. everyone knows its more the "feel" to it what makes us understand, although we dont get all the lyrics. in the end, thats what tool is aiming for: to get the message through emotion. ( imho ;) ) (of course the lyrics are important as well, as food for the left side :)

the point of my little rant was the "understanding of the purpose of the album as a whole". intellectually, emotionally and of course spiritually...
i, for myself, emerged into the album to get the message, hm lets say, after half a year i got it. thats when i posted all that stuff about merging the pictures, songs, meanings, polarities and what not. ( ya know? you gave me an a for effort, but an f for the find. ;) )
so, ok, not everyone got the album right at the release or started lookin for stuff in it, i was a bit harsh, but hey, after all it's been 3 year since... you GOT to get something out of it in such a long period, dontcha? :)

cheers!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #36
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Okay, sure. What are the lyrics to the chorus of Right in Two?

It's mandatory to call people ignorant for asking questions about the latest album... but the ones before it would have been totally fine?

second, i think its not _that_ important to get every word the dear singer whispers. everyone knows its more the "feel" to it what makes us understand, although we dont get all the lyrics. in the end, thats what tool is aiming for: to get the message through emotion. ( imho ;) ) (of course the lyrics are important as well, as food for the left side :)

the point of my little rant was the "understanding of the purpose of the album as a whole". intellectually, emotionally and of course spiritually...
i, for myself, emerged into the album to get the message, hm lets say, after half a year i got it. thats when i posted all that stuff about merging the pictures, songs, meanings, polarities and what not. ( ya know? you gave me an a for effort, but an f for the find. ;) )
so, ok, not everyone got the album right at the release or started lookin for stuff in it, i was a bit harsh, but hey, after all it's been 3 year since... you GOT to get something out of it in such a long period, dontcha? :)

cheers!
05-12-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:

cheers!
Interpretation makes things dynamic. Read something, live in the middle and read again - you might see the thing in a new light. And the thing about right and wrong - well thats just a matter of perspective.

"The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.” OW
Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #37

Quote:

cheers!
Interpretation makes things dynamic. Read something, live in the middle and read again - you might see the thing in a new light. And the thing about right and wrong - well thats just a matter of perspective.

"The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.” OW
Kody27
05-12-2009, 06:42 AM

Fuck tool in their tool asses
Old 05-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #38
On Probation

Fuck tool in their tool asses
05-12-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Lol. Yes I would. It would be hilarious.
Yeah, it sure would. I'd be giggling like a little school girl and waving as you pulled away in the ambulance.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #39
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Lol. Yes I would. It would be hilarious.
Yeah, it sure would. I'd be giggling like a little school girl and waving as you pulled away in the ambulance.
05-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:

cheers!
There never was anything ever officially released explaining what the so-called secret behind the pictures was huh? Oh well
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #40
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

cheers!
There never was anything ever officially released explaining what the so-called secret behind the pictures was huh? Oh well

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply