Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Impatient215's Avatar Impatient215
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM

I know my credibility is slim to none, considering this is my first post. However, I stumbled upon some information that I thought would be helpful in defining what is implied by "weep in shades of indigo". It's not much info, but it's a start.

1."The SIXTH CHAKRA serves the pituitary, lower brain, sense of sight, ears, nose and nervous system. INDIGO - the healing effects of this color help to clear the head and open the third eye, and one's spiritual perceptions. "

2. "The Brow Chakra is associated with the color indigo. It is also often referred to as the "third eye" or the "mind center." It is our avenue to wisdom - learning from our experiences and putting them in perspective. Our ability to separate reality from fantasy or delusions is in connection with the healthfulness of this chakra. Achieving the art of detachment beyond "small mindedness" is accomplished through developing impersonal intuitive reasoning. It is through an open brow chakra that visual images are received.

Chakra Six - Associations

Color - indigo
Physical Location - center of the forehead
Purposes - action of ideas, insight, mind development
Spiritual Lesson - understanding, reality check point, detachment, open mind
Physical Dysfunctions- brain tumors, strokes, blindness, deafness, seizures, learning disabilities, spinal dysfunctions, panic, depression
Mental and Emotional Issues - fear of truth, discipline, judgement, evaluation, emotional intelligence, concept of reality, confusion
Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - seeing clear picture (symbolic or literal), wisdom, intuition, mental facilities, intellect
Area of Body Governed - brain, neurological system, eyes, ears, nose, pituitary, pineal glands"

If you look up chakras on wikipedia, there is a chart with each chakra, their corresdonding color (The ājñā or the Third Eye's color is indigo), their primary functions and their element.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the third eye and indigo have both been referenced by Tool, although the context in which they are used is greatly different.

Also, since the sixth chakra serves sight, it could explain the "lemon juice up in your eye". It is also associated with fear of truth (see the Mental and Emotional Issues section of #2).

Unforunately I found this info at work (which is where I am now), so I don't have much time to delve any further. Hopefully it's a start....
Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Cat got my tongue

Bincount™: 3250
Indigo/Chakra

I know my credibility is slim to none, considering this is my first post. However, I stumbled upon some information that I thought would be helpful in defining what is implied by "weep in shades of indigo". It's not much info, but it's a start.

1."The SIXTH CHAKRA serves the pituitary, lower brain, sense of sight, ears, nose and nervous system. INDIGO - the healing effects of this color help to clear the head and open the third eye, and one's spiritual perceptions. "

2. "The Brow Chakra is associated with the color indigo. It is also often referred to as the "third eye" or the "mind center." It is our avenue to wisdom - learning from our experiences and putting them in perspective. Our ability to separate reality from fantasy or delusions is in connection with the healthfulness of this chakra. Achieving the art of detachment beyond "small mindedness" is accomplished through developing impersonal intuitive reasoning. It is through an open brow chakra that visual images are received.

Chakra Six - Associations

Color - indigo
Physical Location - center of the forehead
Purposes - action of ideas, insight, mind development
Spiritual Lesson - understanding, reality check point, detachment, open mind
Physical Dysfunctions- brain tumors, strokes, blindness, deafness, seizures, learning disabilities, spinal dysfunctions, panic, depression
Mental and Emotional Issues - fear of truth, discipline, judgement, evaluation, emotional intelligence, concept of reality, confusion
Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - seeing clear picture (symbolic or literal), wisdom, intuition, mental facilities, intellect
Area of Body Governed - brain, neurological system, eyes, ears, nose, pituitary, pineal glands"

If you look up chakras on wikipedia, there is a chart with each chakra, their corresdonding color (The ājñā or the Third Eye's color is indigo), their primary functions and their element.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the third eye and indigo have both been referenced by Tool, although the context in which they are used is greatly different.

Also, since the sixth chakra serves sight, it could explain the "lemon juice up in your eye". It is also associated with fear of truth (see the Mental and Emotional Issues section of #2).

Unforunately I found this info at work (which is where I am now), so I don't have much time to delve any further. Hopefully it's a start....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
07-10-2006, 09:03 AM

awesome 1stpost/threadstart. I would've needed major balls to make my 1st post a threadstarter, so I salute you: major balls Impatient215...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: Indigo/Chakra

awesome 1stpost/threadstart. I would've needed major balls to make my 1st post a threadstarter, so I salute you: major balls Impatient215...
07-10-2006, 09:07 AM

Thank you very much. I didn't even take into consideration that my first post would be a thread starter. I guess I'm ignorant of my big balls. :)

Don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel
Old 07-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Cat got my tongue

Thank you very much. I didn't even take into consideration that my first post would be a thread starter. I guess I'm ignorant of my big balls. :)

07-10-2006, 09:14 AM

^ How could you? lolz

BIG BALLS

hard to ignore...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
Banned.

Ignorant of big balls

^ How could you? lolz

BIG BALLS

hard to ignore...
07-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Now I feel like an idiot. This issue was already addressed in another thread in WAY more depth than my thread. Oh well.... At least now I'm not at 1 post. Lol.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Cat got my tongue

Now I feel like an idiot. This issue was already addressed in another thread in WAY more depth than my thread. Oh well.... At least now I'm not at 1 post. Lol.

mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
07-10-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatient215
well, you've made a good start here on toolnavy. you should be proud.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

Quote:
well, you've made a good start here on toolnavy. you should be proud.
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
This issue was already addressed in another thread.
Not surprising...we're all One Mind.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
07-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToYourHalo
Quote:
This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while. No, seriously... fuckin' awesome.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #8
Banned.

Quote:
Quote:
This is one of the best posts I've seen in a while. No, seriously... fuckin' awesome.
07-11-2006, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Very, very true. It's nice to be reminded of that.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 AM   #9
Cat got my tongue

Quote:
Very, very true. It's nice to be reminded of that.

RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
07-11-2006, 08:05 AM

Anytime, impatient215. And thanks, iota.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Anytime, impatient215. And thanks, iota.
fnshmetal's Avatar fnshmetal
07-12-2006, 07:33 AM

here are all the chakra colors
http://www.wishingonastarforpeace.or...kra_Colors.jpg

And yes tool does use these colors very frequently in their videos and album art. It subconciously triggers emotion and feeling when you combine both their art and music. This why tool is the greatest band to ever manifest itself.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:33 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

here are all the chakra colors
http://www.wishingonastarforpeace.or...kra_Colors.jpg

And yes tool does use these colors very frequently in their videos and album art. It subconciously triggers emotion and feeling when you combine both their art and music. This why tool is the greatest band to ever manifest itself.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply