Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
Travis
05-25-2006, 09:39 AM

I think, if i'm using the right lingo, the photos of the band are taken using time lapsed exposure. The eagle perched on the Szukalski was my first clue. The way the candlelight trails shows how the camera was moved. Its probably the trick they used to make Danny's spark, Adam's translucent skeleton, and Maynard's mirror woman.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 30
Time-lapsed Exposures

I think, if i'm using the right lingo, the photos of the band are taken using time lapsed exposure. The eagle perched on the Szukalski was my first clue. The way the candlelight trails shows how the camera was moved. Its probably the trick they used to make Danny's spark, Adam's translucent skeleton, and Maynard's mirror woman.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
zol's Avatar zol
05-26-2006, 01:26 AM

Yeah it looks like long-exposure that's used in Danny's (or photoshop :). I'm inclined to think it would be post-photo adjustments (once again photoshop) in the others.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
zol

Bincount™: 2
Re: Time-lapsed Exposures

Yeah it looks like long-exposure that's used in Danny's (or photoshop :). I'm inclined to think it would be post-photo adjustments (once again photoshop) in the others.
05-27-2006, 07:56 AM

The skeleton in Adam's picture has some slight trails to the right of it, indicating it was brought in, or taken out, during the exposure and left those marks on the film. Danny's spark could have just been a lightsource that was moved along a path overexposing the film. Maynard's pose would have been a bitch to hold. I doubt they could get Justin's bird to stay still. Also I wonder if the smoke in the background would hinder the process. Though I guess with photoshop they could have done all that in five seconds.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #3

Bincount™: 30

The skeleton in Adam's picture has some slight trails to the right of it, indicating it was brought in, or taken out, during the exposure and left those marks on the film. Danny's spark could have just been a lightsource that was moved along a path overexposing the film. Maynard's pose would have been a bitch to hold. I doubt they could get Justin's bird to stay still. Also I wonder if the smoke in the background would hinder the process. Though I guess with photoshop they could have done all that in five seconds.
christoph's Avatar christoph
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM

The one of the crow is definately a slightly long exposure. I don't understand the usage of that one, it's not even a good image. It's too over-exposed and doesn't really work.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

The one of the crow is definately a slightly long exposure. I don't understand the usage of that one, it's not even a good image. It's too over-exposed and doesn't really work.
theprosperone
05-28-2006, 10:34 AM

You can do double exposures of film.....

Good example, so know those city skyline pictures with all the pretty lights taken at dusk with the amazing skies? They'll do two exposures, one to capture the light on the skies and then another later in the evening to get the light from the buildings.

You can also do long/short double exposures.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #5

Bincount™: 4

Good example, so know those city skyline pictures with all the pretty lights taken at dusk with the amazing skies? They'll do two exposures, one to capture the light on the skies and then another later in the evening to get the light from the buildings.

srryimwhte
05-29-2006, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone

hes got a point anyone who has taking a tech or photo class in high school knows that, or maybe the pics were exposed in such a manner and touched up in photo shop
Old 05-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprosperone

hes got a point anyone who has taking a tech or photo class in high school knows that, or maybe the pics were exposed in such a manner and touched up in photo shop

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply