opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #6721
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: Cincy venue PIT area info

Quote:
Originally Posted by egatimra View Post
I'm very happy that guests can bring "Small cameras that are able to fit in a men's shirt pocket."
I wouldn't count on that.
Even if it's normally that venues policy, it would likely be changed for show day.

Also from the rules section:
"Please call 513-232-6220 on the day of the show to inquire about specific policies. This information is subject to change at any time without notice."
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #6722
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

When you get your ticket it will probably say no camera or audio devices like mine says
Old 06-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #6723
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
My two Atlanta tickets indicate "GA Floor" for the section, and "row G2 seats 1 and 2".

I'm assuming the "row G2 seats 1 and 2" is probably related to numbering the GA tickets rather than an indication that the show will have seated floors...

Anyone from ATL have any insight?

thanks.
Your assumption is correct.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #6724
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
Maynard was just in Boston on the wine tour. Completely forgot about it. He was interviewed on WBCN. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, so not sure if there was any Tool info. Here is the link:

http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3609299

EDIT:

Listened to the interview. Here is a run down of the Tool related stuff:

Maynard doesn't know why they're touring.
Maynard has no idea if there will be another show closer to Boston.
Maynard said Tool are 4 completely different personalities that barely get along.

I got the impression that Maynard hasn't been in the loop much outside of being "tricked" into touring. Of course, most of it could be tongue and cheek.

They will be at Whole Foods in Cambridge tonight and tomorrow.

I kinda feel hes bullshitting but another part of me actually kinda believes him
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #6725
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantkeepmeaway View Post
I kinda feel hes bullshitting but another part of me actually kinda believes him
Yeah, I don't get the feeling that Tool is a top priority for him anymore, but who can say for sure? We'll all see for ourselves next month when the shows start.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #6726
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

I got my Toronto ticket in the mail.

Going to probably sell it if the setlist is the same from the last tour, this tour is a total quick cash cow for the band, unless they are bringing something new to the table for the fans, I'm out.

every single one of my (huge Tool fans) could not get anything better than lawns for Toronto. Of course there are millions of tickets available on ticketsnow, which means.....the band CHOSE to sell large blocks of tickets to ticketsnow, so they could profit even further.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #6727
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluduk15 View Post
If anyone has any line on GA tickets for San Antonio or in the first few sections 10, 20, 22, 8, please send me a PM. Rather spend the money through here or TA than Snubhub or ebay.

thanks
How great is that? try snubhub.com and it redirects you to stubhub! Ha! Next I will try ticketbastard.com.......D'oh!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #6728
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post

Going to probably sell it if the setlist is the same from the last tour, this tour is a total quick cash cow for the band, unless they are bringing something new to the table for the fans, I'm out.

every single one of my (huge Tool fans) could not get anything better than lawns for Toronto. Of course there are millions of tickets available on ticketsnow, which means.....the band CHOSE to sell large blocks of tickets to ticketsnow, so they could profit even further.
Brilliant assumption, douchebag.

I had no problem getting 10 tickets in the 200 section. All of which are being USED by tool fans, not scalped.

Maybe you and your "huge tool fans" should get a little smarter when it comes to buying tickets for a HIGH DEMAND show before you throw ridiculous accusations out at the band like that.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #6729
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I think it's just Maynard being Maynard. Look at how emotional the lyrics are. I think Tool is his release of his inner emotions. And he has found three band mates that let him do his own thing when he wants.

If this was a cash cow, they would be extending it. Look at the small venues and the short duration.

Every indication from the other band members has been that they are beginning to work on the music for the next album.

I still see this as a way to get to a few festivals and not burn time in between. I mean PNC pavillion at 4100 seats? Thats not a money grab. Given the tour schedule they could easily play Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Detroit and fill a venue three times as big.

Having said that, I am going to try to catch two shows just in case...
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #6730
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Not necessarily...

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2007/10/26/business/biz49.txt

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/hannah-montana-vs-the-ticket-scalping-bots/?hp

As you can see, it is not an issue with the band.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #6731
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
Yeah, I don't get the feeling that Tool is a top priority for him anymore, but who can say for sure? We'll all see for ourselves next month when the shows start.
The sense I got from the interview:

He had nothing to do with the original idea of doing a quick tour, and when the guys came to him he was indifferent to it. He more or less said if he wanted to throw a hissyfit and avoid a tour he could have, but at least a couple of the other guys liked the idea and he was fine with that. His reputation certainly suggests if he really didn't want to do it, it wouldn't be happening.

I kind of get the opposite sense overall about his feeling for TOOL as well. He certainly has other interests, but I think when he slams a mic down when he's sick or turns his back to the crowd it's because he takes TOOL and everything else he commits to VERY seriously. It pisses him off to no end when laser pointers and flash photography are distracting him, because he's trying to get in that zone to put on a great performance every night. It seems like every show where something happens you hear stories about asshole fans or him being sick. That's never happened at any of the 7 shows I've attended and they've all gone off in breathtaking fashion. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Basically what I'm saying is I think any of the problems from shows during the last two tours have been an issue from him taking the performance almost too seriously rather than not caring about the show or crowd.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #6732
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
The sense I got from the interview:

He had nothing to do with the original idea of doing a quick tour, and when the guys came to him he was indifferent to it. He more or less said if he wanted to throw a hissyfit and avoid a tour he could have, but at least a couple of the other guys liked the idea and he was fine with that. His reputation certainly suggests if he really didn't want to do it, it wouldn't be happening.

I kind of get the opposite sense overall about his feeling for TOOL as well. He certainly has other interests, but I think when he slams a mic down when he's sick or turns his back to the crowd it's because he takes TOOL and everything else he commits to VERY seriously. It pisses him off to no end when laser pointers and flash photography are distracting him, because he's trying to get in that zone to put on a great performance every night. It seems like every show where something happens you hear stories about asshole fans or him being sick. That's never happened at any of the 7 shows I've attended and they've all gone off in breathtaking fashion. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Basically what I'm saying is I think any of the problems from shows during the last two tours have been an issue from him taking the performance almost too seriously rather than not caring about the show or crowd.
Kind of makes me miss the days when he would tell funny stories like the time he had anal sex with Morrissey.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #6733

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Kind of makes me miss the days when he would tell funny stories like the time he had anal sex with Morrissey.
Yeah I wish I could have gone to some of those shows where he was front and center in drag or dressed as Reverend Maynard. I can handle a minute of silence between songs w/ Maynard in the back when the performance is as great as it is though. It's all I really know live anyway, hah.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #6734
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
bought 8 bottles of autographed chupacarbra on the first day-drove all the way from the cape to cambrigde- not a quick ride in the afternoon-wholes food sucked, i called to see how insane it was and they its wild-come back tomorrow-said fuck that -went and mjk still had cases of veno left. MJK should fucking cuss those poser out for slinging shit to real fans. half the people had no clue why they were there or who tool or MLK was for the matter-fucking posers. ask MLK how sore his hand was and he kind of shrugged and looked at me like the fool i was-but i got nervous just seeing him so close-asked about coming to or near b-town and he just shrugged with no reply except a thank you. whole food employees suck for giving out bogus info cuz they are lazy hippie posers. wonder how people called like i did and were giving bogus info-cunts... just a fyi-the garden is NOT booked for that day, so.... hope and pray for a boston show
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #6735
Level 2 - Poster

all this cash cow talk bothers me-we all know he slings it with the best of them-just doing it for the cash and not the fans. of course it a two way street, we win they win.if it wasn't for us there would be no wine tours.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #6736

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada66 View Post
bought 8 bottles of autographed chupacarbra on the first day-drove all the way from the cape to cambrigde- not a quick ride in the afternoon-wholes food sucked, i called to see how insane it was and they its wild-come back tomorrow-said fuck that -went and mjk still had cases of veno left. MJK should fucking cuss those poser out for slinging shit to real fans. half the people had no clue why they were there or who tool or MLK was for the matter-fucking posers. ask MLK how sore his hand was and he kind of shrugged and looked at me like the fool i was-but i got nervous just seeing him so close-asked about coming to or near b-town and he just shrugged with no reply except a thank you. whole food employees suck for giving out bogus info cuz they are lazy hippie posers. wonder how people called like i did and were giving bogus info-cunts... just a fyi-the garden is NOT booked for that day, so.... hope and pray for a boston show

Who is this MLK you reference atleast twice in your post? Is Martin Luther King, Jr. alive and well and signing bottles of wine from his vineyard?

The rest of your post does nothing to change my opinion of people from the New England/Bah-ston area.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #6737

With that said, anyone got 2 extra tickets for the Patriot Center/VA. show? Found out I'll be in the area, from Cali, and would love to hit up the show with a buddy of mine.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #6738
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuspoop View Post
With that said, anyone got 2 extra tickets for the Patriot Center/VA. show? Found out I'll be in the area, from Cali, and would love to hit up the show with a buddy of mine.

I do. I'm originally from VA so I'm staying with my folks. Unfortunately for you, I now live in "New England / Bah-ston" area so you can go fuck yourself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #6739
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada66 View Post
all this cash cow talk bothers me-we all know he slings it with the best of them-just doing it for the cash and not the fans. of course it a two way street, we win they win.if it wasn't for us there would be no wine tours.
I believe Maynard addressed this subject a long time ago in "Hooker with a Penis".

GA Tickets to SLC were only, yes only, $54.50. That is the cheapest ticket I've paid for a major band in many years. As others have already stated, touring is one of the main ways for bands to make money these days. You don't really think they are making money off album sales do you? I was working for Sony BMG Music when the last Tool album was released, they took a big hit to their profit from the packaging alone (the label passes that cost onto the band). Plus you have to factor in the amount of people that don't even pay for music.

Point is Tool could be making a lot more money off these tickets, easily starting at $100 or more, but they are keeping prices fairly low compared to other major acts. So I wouldn't exactly use the term "cash cow".
S.F. 6/12/92 | Mt. View 6/22/93 | S.F. 12/12/93 | S.F. 11/11/94 | S.F. 10.21.96 | Concord 8/15/97 | S.J. 8/30/98 | Indio 10/10/99 | Red Rocks 8/3/01 | Berkeley 8/10/01 | Berkeley 8/11/01 | Sac. 11/2/01 | Mt. View 11/3/01 | Oakland 7/12/02 | Sac. 7/13/02 | Trenton 8/12/02 | NYC 8/13/02 | Orem 10/12/02 | Col. Springs 10/13/02 | Fresno 11/22/02 | Reno 11/23/02 | Long Beach 11/24/02 | Oakland 5/4/06 | Marysville 9/2/06 | Oakland 9/3/06 | Reno 4/30/07 | S.F. 12/11/07 | SLC 7/19/09 | S.F. 7/12/10 | Sac. 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 AM   #6740
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

You are always bitching...

You were bitching about the small theatre warm-up tour, you were bitching about the last arena tour and now you are bitching about this one already.

You should sell your ticket to someone who isn't a b!tch.

Have a nice day!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #6741
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
You are always bitching...

You were bitching about the small theatre warm-up tour, you were bitching about the last arena tour and now you are bitching about this one already.

You should sell your ticket to someone who isn't a b!tch.

Have a nice day!
;-p

nice!

you could give the worst seat in the house, worst venue and they could play my least favotite 10 songs and it's still gonna probably be one of the better nights of the year for me.

it's still gonna be my favorite band ever, playing a show that will be better than almost anything else i could be doing that night.

Last edited by taxicabgod; 06-18-2009 at 07:57 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #6742
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Wasn't planning on going to the ATL show, but for the hell of I checked to see what seats would come up, and...

Section 114
Row k
Seats 8

From the looks of the seating chart you are almost behind the stage on Adam's side. Might be a cool perspective.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #6743
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
My two Atlanta tickets indicate "GA Floor" for the section, and "row G2 seats 1 and 2".

I'm assuming the "row G2 seats 1 and 2" is probably related to numbering the GA tickets rather than an indication that the show will have seated floors...

Anyone from ATL have any insight?

thanks.
any thoughts?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #6744
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

ur assumption is most likely correct
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #6745
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

I thought you were probed Hodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
I do. I'm originally from VA so I'm staying with my folks. Unfortunately for you, I now live in "New England / Bah-ston" area so you can go fuck yourself.
Best post I've seen in awhile.

Last edited by eulogys; 06-18-2009 at 10:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #6746
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 143

Quote:

Ha!!! Karma's a bitch....

And about PNC... It is set up like Riverbend for any who've been there, but it's covered. Hence why it's a pavillion and not an ampitheater. It doesn't have a lawn but there isn't a bad seat to be had.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #6747

Quote:
go eat some chow-dah and root for Big Papi, The Big Ticket, NESPN, and tea-bagging, I mean tea-partying.

And it's not like you're the only one with extra tickets to the show. My buddy and I will be at the show, no worries here.

Last edited by markuspoop; 06-18-2009 at 10:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #6748
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
any thoughts?
Well according to the seating chart, if you look closely you'll see that it indicates that there is NOT a GA section. Just because it says FLOOR doesn't mean it's general admission, it just means those seats and rows are on the floor and they're more expensive.

Although Ticketmaster has General Admission listed under the types of tickets to buy, my bet is that it's not GA. Go figure.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #6749

ATL, Charlotte, and Fairfax are all general admission floors. Haven't paid attention to the other shows so I don't know. I think Phoenix is the only one I remember hearing would have full reserved seating.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #6750
Level 4 - Thinker

looking for 2 tickets to the Show in San Antonio show on the 24th of July. Would like Floor/GA or lower level. Thanks a ton. please email me at [email protected]

thanks!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #6751
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Who is this MLK you reference atleast twice in your post? Is Martin Luther King, Jr. alive and well and signing bottles of wine from his vineyard?

Wait- Zombie MLK was signing bottles of Maynard's vino?? Damn, I miss all the good stuff...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #6752
Level 4 - Thinker

I've heard conflicting information from Ticketmaster and US Airways Arena on the seating arrangement for the show in Phoenix. Does anyone know with any certainty whether the seats are reserved or if it's open floor? I have my floor seat so I'm curious...
Thanks in advance for any information.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #6753
On Probation

Quote:
ATL, Charlotte, and Fairfax are all general admission floors. Haven't paid attention to the other shows so I don't know. I think Phoenix is the only one I remember hearing would have full reserved seating.
Is that why the seating chart for the ATL show is the "End Stage" setup and not the "End Stage w/General Admission"? Is that also why all of the tickets on the floor have row and seat numbers on them, as to where a normal GA ticket will say GA?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0042C9A3AB81E5?majorcatid=10001&artistid=720703& minorcatid=60

see for yourself, just click on the little arrow above the seating chart and scrool one down to see the general admission style seating, compared to what the Tool show is going to be like. HInt:rows and seats.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #6754
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Is that why the seating chart for the ATL show is the "End Stage" setup and not the "End Stage w/General Admission"? Is that also why all of the tickets on the floor have row and seat numbers on them, as to where a normal GA ticket will say GA?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E...&minorcatid=60

see for yourself, just click on the little arrow above the seating chart and scrool one down to see the general admission style seating, compared to what the Tool show is going to be like. HInt:rows and seats.
My Atlanta tickets do indicate "GA Floor" for the section. The tickets also indicate specific row and seat numbers, which is the cause of my confusion.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #6755

Quote:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E...&minorcatid=60

"Seating charts reflect the general layout for the venue at this time. For some events, the layout and specific seat locations may vary without notice."

Ticketmaster has never cared about making the seating chart exactly match the show's situation unless it's something unique like Metallica's setup. Charlotte's picture shows seats and rows as well, but I know for a fact it's open floor. Everything but that picture points to it being a general admission floor....including that website in two different places saying "general admission floor". The tickets may have numbers on it but the section still says GA. Quit looking for zebras when you're dealing with horses.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #6756
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
go eat some chow-dah and root for Big Papi, The Big Ticket, NESPN, and tea-bagging, I mean tea-partying.
Good one. What are you, 12?

You won't be anywhere near Faifax on 7/30....Dude.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #6757
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Good one. What are you, 12?

You won't be anywhere near Faifax on 7/30....Dude.
12 is probably a good guess, might be a little high though. poop is included in his username, also he hails from poop-town.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #6758
On Probation

Quote:
"Seating charts reflect the general layout for the venue at this time. For some events, the layout and specific seat locations may vary without notice."

Ticketmaster has never cared about making the seating chart exactly match the show's situation unless it's something unique like Metallica's setup. Charlotte's picture shows seats and rows as well, but I know for a fact it's open floor. Everything but that picture points to it being a general admission floor....including that website in two different places saying "general admission floor". The tickets may have numbers on it but the section still says GA. Quit looking for zebras when you're dealing with horses.
ooh did you make that one up all by yourself fuck tard mcghee?

so you don't know any more than I do if it's GA or not, all you have to go by is Ticketmaster's sloppy bull shit of a website. Congrats, you've failed miserably. prove to me it's GA and I'll quit painting stripes on your precious steeds.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #6759

Quote:
ooh did you make that one up all by yourself fuck tard mcghee?

so you don't know any more than I do if it's GA or not, all you have to go by is Ticketmaster's sloppy bull shit of a website. Congrats, you've failed miserably. prove to me it's GA and I'll quit painting stripes on your precious steeds.
You can mock me all you want but don't you dare minimize the importance of my steeds!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #6760

Lots of negative energy in this thread lately.... Troubling
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: