Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
TheI3rokenSpiral
05-01-2006, 02:53 PM

Who are you to wave your finger
You musta been out your head
I hold deep in muddy waters
You practically raised the dead

Rob the grave to snow the cradle
And burn the evidence down
Soapbox house of cards and glass
So don’t be tossin’ your stones around

You musta been, high
You musta been, high
You musta been

Foot in mouth and head of facile
So whatcha talking bout
Difficult to dance ‘round this one
Till you pull it out boy

You musta been so high
You musta been so high

Steal borrow rape your savior shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent
Now your weakness is the chosen interval
????

When you pissed all over my black kettle
You musta been high, high

Who are you to wave your finger so full of it
I boast deep in muddy waters fuckin hypocrite
Liar, lawyer mirror shows me what’s the difference
Kangaroo done hung the guilty with the innocent
Now, your weakness is the chosen interval
?????
High, high

You musta been…
So who are you to wave your finger
Who are you to wave your bat (3:37)

That's as far as I can understand. I'm not too happy with the Kangaroo thing but I'm sure it's a metaphor for something, unless i'm totally wrong about the sound of Kangaroo.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #201
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Lyrics

I hold deep in muddy waters

And burn the evidence down
Soapbox house of cards and glass
So don’t be tossin’ your stones around

You musta been, high
You musta been, high
You musta been

Foot in mouth and head of facile
So whatcha talking bout
Difficult to dance ‘round this one
Till you pull it out boy

You musta been so high
You musta been so high

Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent
Now your weakness is the chosen interval
????

Who are you to wave your finger so full of it
I boast deep in muddy waters fuckin hypocrite
Liar, lawyer mirror shows me what’s the difference
Now, your weakness is the chosen interval
?????
High, high

You musta been…
So who are you to wave your finger
Who are you to wave your bat (3:37)

That's as far as I can understand. I'm not too happy with the Kangaroo thing but I'm sure it's a metaphor for something, unless i'm totally wrong about the sound of Kangaroo.
OFFLINE |  
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
05-01-2006, 03:24 PM

"Kangaroo court" in terms of our legal system, means mock justice. It makes perfect sense. It's almost the same as the pot calling the kettle black. It's about mockery.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #202
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: Lyrics

"Kangaroo court" in terms of our legal system, means mock justice. It makes perfect sense. It's almost the same as the pot calling the kettle black. It's about mockery.
05-01-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheI3rokenSpiral
You're totally wrong about "rape your saviour." Nard clearly says, reefer, savior. There is no "p" sound.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #203
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheI3rokenSpiral
You're totally wrong about "rape your saviour." Nard clearly says, reefer, savior. There is no "p" sound.
05-01-2006, 03:39 PM

I agree with the mock court because I can clearly see the other mockeries used. Such as "Foot in mouth" and " fuckin' hypocrite". But I'm not sure if he's saying reefer in any part of the song. And for future reference, telling someone you're wrong when you can't be sure of being right isn't the best way to sway someone's opinion.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #204
Level 2 - Poster

I agree with the mock court because I can clearly see the other mockeries used. Such as "Foot in mouth" and " fuckin' hypocrite". But I'm not sure if he's saying reefer in any part of the song. And for future reference, telling someone you're wrong when you can't be sure of being right isn't the best way to sway someone's opinion.
OFFLINE |  
elburritobandito
05-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef

I am not convinced that he says "reefer" at all.

The line sounds to me like:

"Now you WEEP in shades of chosen indigo"

Which makes "got lemon juice up in your eye" make a lot more sense.

Besides the fact that "reefer" is a pretty hokey reference, does anyone here buy blue pot?

Cheers.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #205
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

I am not convinced that he says "reefer" at all.

The line sounds to me like:

"Now you WEEP in shades of chosen indigo"

Which makes "got lemon juice up in your eye" make a lot more sense.

Besides the fact that "reefer" is a pretty hokey reference, does anyone here buy blue pot?

Cheers.
OFFLINE |  
05-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburritobandito

Cheers.
No, I buy pot with indigo hairs. (I think indigo is closer to purple than blue. Ever hear of Purple Haze?)
Old 05-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #206
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburritobandito

Cheers.
No, I buy pot with indigo hairs. (I think indigo is closer to purple than blue. Ever hear of Purple Haze?)
05-01-2006, 04:46 PM

It sounded like reefer when i listened earlier but i'm not sure and it don't make too much sense.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #207
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

It sounded like reefer when i listened earlier but i'm not sure and it don't make too much sense.
05-01-2006, 04:50 PM

First part sounds like this too me

Eyeball deep in muddy waters

and i know this is wrong but i hear this next part like this and it makes me laugh.

Kangaroo dung hung the juror with the innocent....
Old 05-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #208
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

First part sounds like this too me

Eyeball deep in muddy waters

and i know this is wrong but i hear this next part like this and it makes me laugh.

Kangaroo dung hung the juror with the innocent....
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM

There are no saviors being raped in this song.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #209
Level 8 - Vociferous

There are no saviors being raped in this song.
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I've listened to the first part loud as hell, many times, on speakers and on headphones...it's definetely "hair". There's no D, and there is clearly an R...

I suggest anyone who believes otherwise does the same, definetely "hair". I know that contextually though it makes no sense and its driving me frigging insane.

Speaking of context, I think the end is "Ganja Puh-leeze!" Just cuz it flows with the next line.

Last edited by 14thDosage; 05-01-2006 at 06:39 PM..
Old 05-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #210
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I've listened to the first part loud as hell, many times, on speakers and on headphones...it's definetely "hair". There's no D, and there is clearly an R...

I suggest anyone who believes otherwise does the same, definetely "hair". I know that contextually though it makes no sense and its driving me frigging insane.

Speaking of context, I think the end is "Ganja Puh-leeze!" Just cuz it flows with the next line.

Last edited by 14thDosage; 05-01-2006 at 06:39 PM..
OFFLINE |  
05-01-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal
"it don't make too much sense" doesn't make sense.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #211
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal
"it don't make too much sense" doesn't make sense.
05-01-2006, 07:34 PM

Head ryhmes with dead. I think Maynard rhymes these verses... "hair" is incorrect. accept it.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #212
Level 8 - Vociferous

Head ryhmes with dead. I think Maynard rhymes these verses... "hair" is incorrect. accept it.
05-01-2006, 08:40 PM

after listening to the coachella bootleg, mjk deffinatley says head not hair
Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #213
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

after listening to the coachella bootleg, mjk deffinatley says head not hair
OFFLINE |  
NoVestal
05-01-2006, 09:42 PM

It doesn't matter if it ryhmes. What matters is what the actual lyric on the album is.

I understand that it makes sense as "head" and he may say it in concert but I've listened closely to the album and cannot hear a "d" sound, but CAN hear an "r" sound. I don't care if he meant "head", the word that is communicated through the pronunciation on the album is "Hair."

He clearly could have said "head" if he wanted to because in the next line he says "dead" as you guys have pointed out. He's not having difficulty with pronunciation, he is simply saying "hair." This is so obvious that I cannot believe you guys do not see.

This has become a kangaroo court. You've decided what to believe without evidence to support it.

moneyisevil has the best argument (if he's right about the bootleg) but it still does not apply to what was said on the album. I've heard Maynard say many times that some of the songs change from performance to performance.

Foot in mouth and head up asshole, whatcha talkin bout?
You won't hear the truth in my words till you pull it out. </corny paraphrase>
Old 05-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #214
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

It doesn't matter if it ryhmes. What matters is what the actual lyric on the album is.

I understand that it makes sense as "head" and he may say it in concert but I've listened closely to the album and cannot hear a "d" sound, but CAN hear an "r" sound. I don't care if he meant "head", the word that is communicated through the pronunciation on the album is "Hair."

He clearly could have said "head" if he wanted to because in the next line he says "dead" as you guys have pointed out. He's not having difficulty with pronunciation, he is simply saying "hair." This is so obvious that I cannot believe you guys do not see.

This has become a kangaroo court. You've decided what to believe without evidence to support it.

moneyisevil has the best argument (if he's right about the bootleg) but it still does not apply to what was said on the album. I've heard Maynard say many times that some of the songs change from performance to performance.

Foot in mouth and head up asshole, whatcha talkin bout?
You won't hear the truth in my words till you pull it out. </corny paraphrase>
moneyisevil's Avatar moneyisevil
05-01-2006, 10:03 PM

by the way pm me if u want the mp3 to the pot live
Old 05-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #215
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

by the way pm me if u want the mp3 to the pot live
OFFLINE |  
Øpiate
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM

Yeah..I know...not many posts...because I generally don't even like offering an opinion in forums...Mostly due to the fact that I get slammed by childish zen-wannabes who believe *in their existence* anyways that I am below them and needs be taught in their ways.
First off...wanna comment on the Coachella bootleg..which..by the way..I haven't even heard. But I saw someone up there say something like "after this bootleg" it's definately head. I dunno how long you've been a tool fan....but Maynard sings similar yet different lyrics during performances. On the CD though..it's Hair..at the beginning anyways.
As for the main reason I decided to post. The last kangaroo reference.. I got beat to it earlier. But what I'm hearing...and what is most likely the line there...is "Kangaroo Bestow THESE Guilty AS The Government". As in the Kangaroo court is Bestowing a verdict of Guilty on the Defendant AS though it were the government...though in reality it is not...it is a mere mockery of a Government..EH?!?!?! EH?!?!?! As in OUR CURRENT government...being a mockery of what a gov. should be. Just my two cents...go 'head (or hair) rip me a new asshole...I really don't care...I probably won't be back to see the replies...because it's just gonna be someone telling me how I'm wrong about "bestow" and "as". But listen. No...again. Nope..one more time...Now...spiral out....

P.S.-I find it Fucking HILARIOUS that Maynard still manages to provoke so much trivial debate over his lyrics...just by singing in a way that can be interpreted many many different ways...just like their songs. We all draw our own personal attachment to them. And NONE of them are right...not even mine. Therein lies the point all along....
Now..run along and seperate your bodies from your minds...
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #216
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah..I know...not many posts...because I generally don't even like offering an opinion in forums...Mostly due to the fact that I get slammed by childish zen-wannabes who believe *in their existence* anyways that I am below them and needs be taught in their ways.
First off...wanna comment on the Coachella bootleg..which..by the way..I haven't even heard. But I saw someone up there say something like "after this bootleg" it's definately head. I dunno how long you've been a tool fan....but Maynard sings similar yet different lyrics during performances. On the CD though..it's Hair..at the beginning anyways.
As for the main reason I decided to post. The last kangaroo reference.. I got beat to it earlier. But what I'm hearing...and what is most likely the line there...is "Kangaroo Bestow THESE Guilty AS The Government". As in the Kangaroo court is Bestowing a verdict of Guilty on the Defendant AS though it were the government...though in reality it is not...it is a mere mockery of a Government..EH?!?!?! EH?!?!?! As in OUR CURRENT government...being a mockery of what a gov. should be. Just my two cents...go 'head (or hair) rip me a new asshole...I really don't care...I probably won't be back to see the replies...because it's just gonna be someone telling me how I'm wrong about "bestow" and "as". But listen. No...again. Nope..one more time...Now...spiral out....

P.S.-I find it Fucking HILARIOUS that Maynard still manages to provoke so much trivial debate over his lyrics...just by singing in a way that can be interpreted many many different ways...just like their songs. We all draw our own personal attachment to them. And NONE of them are right...not even mine. Therein lies the point all along....
OFFLINE |  
NoVestal
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Trivial or not, this is the "Lyrics" thread, so bloody flaming arguments about "hair" or "head" are exactly what should be in this thread.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 PM   #217
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Trivial or not, this is the "Lyrics" thread, so bloody flaming arguments about "hair" or "head" are exactly what should be in this thread.
Øpiate
05-01-2006, 11:43 PM

Like I said....

"I generally don't even like offering an opinion in forums...Mostly due to the fact that I get slammed by childish zen-wannabes who believe *in their existence* anyways that I am below them and needs be taught in their ways"
Old 05-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #218
Level 2 - Poster

Like I said....

"I generally don't even like offering an opinion in forums...Mostly due to the fact that I get slammed by childish zen-wannabes who believe *in their existence* anyways that I am below them and needs be taught in their ways"
OFFLINE |  
since150's Avatar since150
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM

IMHO...

It's a heavily aspirated 'head'.

1st one is eyeHOLE deep in muddy water = head so far up your ass it's in shit (can we swear in here?)

'Now you're weepin' chosen shades of iindigo' sounds good, and if it's right, I think there'll be more than one meaning to the sentence (cf. the whole '11' thing in jimmy: 11's the age of a small boy (James of MJK = jimmy), 1+1=1, 11:11 and lightwaters/workers and storing as much light as you can, etc)

But, I ask you ladies and gentlemen, what is the meaning of that sentence?

'Weepin' chosen shades' might mean choosing the tears shown (you cry when you're blue/indigo), but because they're chosen they're fake tears (like crocodile tears)?

Working on the premise that there's often more than one level of meaning to lyrics, I googled 'gold and indigo' and stumbled on an article called "When music turns from rapt gold and indigo to blood red", and it talks about music having colours. the last line of the article is:

"Crucially, Jansons maintained concentration across all four movements' the third of which was shaded in rapt gold and indigo, the fourth blood red."

Unlikely that we have our missing metaphor, however, does this ring bells with anyone?

Like I said, grist for the mill, and I'm sure eventually either someone will stumble upon a decent set of lyrics or meaning, or the lyrics will be released to TDN and our HEADaches will all be over.

Sorry.
RIGHT IN ME HART!!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #219
Level 2 - Poster

Grist for the mill

IMHO...

It's a heavily aspirated 'head'.

1st one is eyeHOLE deep in muddy water = head so far up your ass it's in shit (can we swear in here?)

'Now you're weepin' chosen shades of iindigo' sounds good, and if it's right, I think there'll be more than one meaning to the sentence (cf. the whole '11' thing in jimmy: 11's the age of a small boy (James of MJK = jimmy), 1+1=1, 11:11 and lightwaters/workers and storing as much light as you can, etc)

But, I ask you ladies and gentlemen, what is the meaning of that sentence?

'Weepin' chosen shades' might mean choosing the tears shown (you cry when you're blue/indigo), but because they're chosen they're fake tears (like crocodile tears)?

Working on the premise that there's often more than one level of meaning to lyrics, I googled 'gold and indigo' and stumbled on an article called "When music turns from rapt gold and indigo to blood red", and it talks about music having colours. the last line of the article is:

"Crucially, Jansons maintained concentration across all four movements' the third of which was shaded in rapt gold and indigo, the fourth blood red."

Unlikely that we have our missing metaphor, however, does this ring bells with anyone?

Like I said, grist for the mill, and I'm sure eventually either someone will stumble upon a decent set of lyrics or meaning, or the lyrics will be released to TDN and our HEADaches will all be over.

Sorry.
RIGHT IN ME HART!!
OFFLINE |  
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-02-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage

MATE - think about it, "you musta been out your hair" just makes no sense in context - or in fact EVER!

if it really is that, what do you think being "out ya HAIR" actually means cuz i'm DYING to know!
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #220
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage

MATE - think about it, "you musta been out your hair" just makes no sense in context - or in fact EVER!

if it really is that, what do you think being "out ya HAIR" actually means cuz i'm DYING to know!
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-02-2006, 02:33 AM

It's head, for the reasons I gave above.

He doesn't pronounce the last d on dead either but nobody seems to be screaming about him singing "You practically raised the dare!"
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 AM   #221
Level 7 - Loquacious

He doesn't pronounce the last d on dead either but nobody seems to be screaming about him singing "You practically raised the dare!"
05-02-2006, 03:04 AM

the chosen indigo bit is driving me NUTS!

something tells me the pronuncuation is wrong

surely, an american accent such as Maynards would pronounce it

In-di-go or In-DuH-go

rather than

in-deee-gyoh

just a thought!

that then got me onto thinking, what on earth ELSE sounds like that pronuncation!!!??

............ i have no idea other than i swear its not Weeping Chosen Shades of Indigo! (the Ch sound on Chosen sounds too much like a Kicking K, Kuh sound or even an Tuh sound)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - someone give me maynard's number, i'll just call him and ask!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #222

the chosen indigo bit is driving me NUTS!

something tells me the pronuncuation is wrong

surely, an american accent such as Maynards would pronounce it

In-di-go or In-DuH-go

rather than

in-deee-gyoh

just a thought!

that then got me onto thinking, what on earth ELSE sounds like that pronuncation!!!??

............ i have no idea other than i swear its not Weeping Chosen Shades of Indigo! (the Ch sound on Chosen sounds too much like a Kicking K, Kuh sound or even an Tuh sound)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - someone give me maynard's number, i'll just call him and ask!
OFFLINE |  
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-02-2006, 03:22 AM

{side note} there's a lot of talk of 'head' on this forum!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:22 AM   #223

{side note} there's a lot of talk of 'head' on this forum!
OFFLINE |  
Mark-Star's Avatar Mark-Star
05-02-2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara

Why do you think maynard HAS TO rhyme here?!

heres a verse off track 4

Listen to the tales and romanticize
How we follow the path of the hero
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun
How we rise to the height of our halo

yea hero and halo rhyme---but romanticize and overrun dont really rhyme too much...
Old 05-02-2006, 06:28 AM   #224
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara

yea hero and halo rhyme---but romanticize and overrun dont really rhyme too much...
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-02-2006, 06:42 AM

I didn't say he had to, but he does, it's head and dead.

He doesn't pronounce the last d on dead, go listen, does that mean he's saying dare?

I can't fucking wait for the lyrics to come out so this is settled.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:42 AM   #225
Level 7 - Loquacious

I didn't say he had to, but he does, it's head and dead.

He doesn't pronounce the last d on dead, go listen, does that mean he's saying dare?

I can't fucking wait for the lyrics to come out so this is settled.
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM

It sounds like "Steal, borrow reefer for your shady friends," to me, I'm probably wrong though, this is one I can't get.

Oh and, I'm sure it's "chosen interval."
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #226
Level 7 - Loquacious

It sounds like "Steal, borrow reefer for your shady friends," to me, I'm probably wrong though, this is one I can't get.

Oh and, I'm sure it's "chosen interval."
05-02-2006, 08:50 AM

"Steal, borrow, reap, or save your shady inference."
Old 05-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #227
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

OFFLINE |  
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-02-2006, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by januscomplex
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that fits (altho it sounds likes and F not a P when he sings, hence the reeffer thingbut still, i like)

WOW

dont suppose you know what the whole indigo lemon in yor eye bit really is do you! - i thought i had it earlier

Last edited by tiryth; 05-02-2006 at 09:30 AM..
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by januscomplex
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that fits (altho it sounds likes and F not a P when he sings, hence the reeffer thingbut still, i like)

WOW

dont suppose you know what the whole indigo lemon in yor eye bit really is do you! - i thought i had it earlier

Last edited by tiryth; 05-02-2006 at 09:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM

Ive noticed with the weird

now your weeping shades of indigo
got lemon juice up in your eye

bits actually change each time he sings it - i think he sings it 3 times within the song, each time it sounds different, especially the last time round, near the end of the song

it sounds like he says

now you wait and change your chosen interval!
(blahdy blahdy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)hehe

MADNESS I TELL YOU

MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #229

bits actually change each time he sings it - i think he sings it 3 times within the song, each time it sounds different, especially the last time round, near the end of the song

it sounds like he says

MADNESS I TELL YOU

OFFLINE |  
ratmtool1269
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM

I am positive it is "Foot in mouth head up asshole/ what you talkin' bout?"
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #230
Level 3 - Talker

I am positive it is "Foot in mouth head up asshole/ what you talkin' bout?"
OFFLINE |  
bhast2
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM

maybe its just me but on this part i hear Who are you to wave your violent fingers at me?
instead of fatty or many or mighty

just my thought
Old 05-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #231
Level 1 - Lurker

maybe its just me but on this part i hear Who are you to wave your violent fingers at me?
instead of fatty or many or mighty

just my thought
OFFLINE |  
elburritobandito
05-02-2006, 12:39 PM

Quote:

Fair enough, but I still don't think it says "reefer" anywhere in this song.

I totally agree with "Steal, borrow, reap, or save your shady inference" and "weep in shades of ______ indigo"
Old 05-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #232
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Fair enough, but I still don't think it says "reefer" anywhere in this song.

I totally agree with "Steal, borrow, reap, or save your shady inference" and "weep in shades of ______ indigo"
OFFLINE |  
bhast2
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Ok i didn't do this, i found this on another site and they say these are the lyrics for the song i don't know if i believe it or not

Who are you to wave your finger?
You must have been out your head
Eye hole deep in muddy waters

Then burn the evidence down
Soapbox house of cards and glass so
Don't go tossin' your stones around

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Foot in mouth and head up asshole
What you talkin' 'bout?
Difficult to dance 'round this one
'til you pull it out, boy

You must have been so high

Steel, borrow, reefer save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung no juror with the innocent

Now you weep and chase the chosen indigo
get lemon juice up in your eye

You must have been high, high

So full of it
Eyeballs deep in muddy waters
Fuckin' hypocrite

Liar, lawyer -- mirror show me
What's the difference?

NOW
you weep and chase the chosen indigo
EYE
You musta been

So who are you to wave your finger?
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind

Weakend shades of indigo
trapped without a reason
weakend shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror
For you what's the difference
Kangaroo be stoned
He's guilty as the government

NOW
EYE

Now when you pissed all over my black kettle
You musta been high, high, high, high
Eyeballs deep in bloody waters

Ganja please!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #233
Level 1 - Lurker

Ok i didn't do this, i found this on another site and they say these are the lyrics for the song i don't know if i believe it or not

You must have been out your head
Eye hole deep in muddy waters

Then burn the evidence down
Soapbox house of cards and glass so
Don't go tossin' your stones around

You must have been high
You must have been high
You must have been

Foot in mouth and head up asshole
What you talkin' 'bout?
Difficult to dance 'round this one
'til you pull it out, boy

Steel, borrow, reefer save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung no juror with the innocent

Now you weep and chase the chosen indigo

So full of it
Fuckin' hypocrite

Liar, lawyer -- mirror show me
What's the difference?

NOW
EYE
You musta been

So who are you to wave your finger?
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?

Weakend shades of indigo
trapped without a reason
weakend shades of indigo

Liar, lawyer, mirror
For you what's the difference
Kangaroo be stoned
He's guilty as the government

NOW
EYE

Now when you pissed all over my black kettle
You musta been high, high, high, high
Eyeballs deep in bloody waters

Ganja please!!!

OFFLINE |  
sub_atomic's Avatar sub_atomic
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM

I agree with everythign in the post above except:

[1:50 & 2:59]
Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo

[4:12]
Weeping shades of indigo
Were shed within a reason
Oh, weeping shades of indigo

Last edited by sub_atomic; 05-02-2006 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #234
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree with everythign in the post above except:

[1:50 & 2:59]
Now you're weeping shades of chosen indigo

[4:12]
Weeping shades of indigo
Were shed within a reason
Oh, weeping shades of indigo

Last edited by sub_atomic; 05-02-2006 at 03:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM

first:
steal/borrow, reaper/savior, shady inference

i swear to you, these are the lyrics.

second:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Star

that verse fits the ABCB rhyme scheme, as does this verse, if you use the word head.

A: Who are you to wave your finger?
B: you musta been out yo' head
C: eyehole-deep in muddy water
B: you practically raised the dead.

and the ABCB rhyme scheme is used throughout the whole song.

so the word is "head."

Old 05-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #235
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

first:
steal/borrow, reaper/savior, shady inference

i swear to you, these are the lyrics.

second:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Star

that verse fits the ABCB rhyme scheme, as does this verse, if you use the word head.

A: Who are you to wave your finger?
B: you musta been out yo' head
C: eyehole-deep in muddy water
B: you practically raised the dead.

and the ABCB rhyme scheme is used throughout the whole song.

so the word is "head."

05-02-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiryth

it sounds like he says

MADNESS I TELL YOU

"You been weeping since your chosen interval, got the lemon juice up in your eye."

??
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #236
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiryth

it sounds like he says

MADNESS I TELL YOU

"You been weeping since your chosen interval, got the lemon juice up in your eye."

??
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM

edit: damn, maybe it is:

now you weep in shades of chosen indigo

but maybe still

now you weep and chase the chosen indigo

oh and ....

"you practically raised the dead" sounds like ...dare =p

i think it's just the way he pronounces his d's at the end

Last edited by nickknocker; 05-02-2006 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: correcting information
Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #237

edit: damn, maybe it is:

now you weep in shades of chosen indigo

but maybe still

now you weep and chase the chosen indigo

oh and ....

"you practically raised the dead" sounds like ...dare =p

i think it's just the way he pronounces his d's at the end

Last edited by nickknocker; 05-02-2006 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: correcting information
OFFLINE |  
guy_wild's Avatar guy_wild
05-03-2006, 04:01 AM

Now your withered seeds are chosen
And the golden images up in your eye, eye.

Goes with High, high later on.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #238
Level 1 - Lurker

Now your withered seeds are chosen
And the golden images up in your eye, eye.

Goes with High, high later on.
05-03-2006, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
I don't know about anyone else, but he DEFINITELY says "You musta been out your hair".
hear that as well, clearly.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 AM   #239

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
I don't know about anyone else, but he DEFINITELY says "You musta been out your hair".
hear that as well, clearly.
OFFLINE |  
tmm133
05-03-2006, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck
awesome. even better. anyone (aussies in particular? lol) know why he uses the word kangaroo?

A kangaroo COURT or kangaroo trial, also known as drumhead court-martial (or a Drumhead trial), is a sham legal proceeding or COURT. The term is often applied to COURTs subjectively judged as such, while others consider the court to be legitimate and legal. A kangaroo COURT may be a COURT that has had its integrity compromised; for example, if the judge is not impartial and refuses to be recused. It may also be an elaborately scripted event intended to appear fair while having the outcome predetermined from the start.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 AM   #240
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck
awesome. even better. anyone (aussies in particular? lol) know why he uses the word kangaroo?

A kangaroo COURT or kangaroo trial, also known as drumhead court-martial (or a Drumhead trial), is a sham legal proceeding or COURT. The term is often applied to COURTs subjectively judged as such, while others consider the court to be legitimate and legal. A kangaroo COURT may be a COURT that has had its integrity compromised; for example, if the judge is not impartial and refuses to be recused. It may also be an elaborately scripted event intended to appear fair while having the outcome predetermined from the start.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply