opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 03-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
X

Bincount™: 746
H ~ Religiously connected?

First of all I am not religious so I might make a few mistakes here. I think that the song H. is related to the garden of eden. Time to show everyone why.

What's coming through is alive.
What's holding up is a mirror.
But what's singing songs is a snake
Looking to turn this piss to wine.

*Creation. Everything is looking good until the snake (I think that it is called a serpent in the bible) comes over to shake things up.

They're both totally void of hate,
But killing me just the same.

*Not sure. Any ideas?

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

*The snake says to do something bad and tells what could happen. Good consceince tries to steer to the right path.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
Considerately.

*Dread and guilt comes into mind. What is right and what is wrong?

Venomous voice, tempts me,
Drains me, bleeds me,
Leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity.

*The evil deep inside tries to persuade and drag the soul down into hell, but it is not all bad. It might even seem good...

Open up my heart again.

*Same as before. More persuasion.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

*The feeling of guilt again.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me.

*The subject of this song is too connected to god and he begins to fade away and get further away. All ties are not severed though no matter how many bad decisions are made. Guilt is killing.

Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

*After being evicted from the garden of eden, it is impossible to feel as safe as it used to be. Sadness and a sense of loss can be felt.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.
I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

*The snake (devil) gets what he wants and the subject of the song sees how he was decieved. He misses his home.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind.

*Everything will be alright.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,

And considerately killing me.

*Same as before.

*Remember that I am not involved in any religion. This is just what I think of when I listen to H. I think the theme of this song is about how each decision has a consequence. Dont just look at this thread. Post some damn replies people! Whatever.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #2
X

Bincount™: 746
Re: H ~ Religiously connected?

*Bump*
Old 07-19-2004, 06:12 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

I'd reply but your avatar makes me nervous.

I have also said similar things about the Garden of Eden and how that story ties into some of their songs. Good job. But you seem to be still looking at the story of Eden with the ideas of "good" and "evil." Remember, before the fruit was eaten, there was no good conscience, or evil one. "Being innocent" meant in this case that Adam and Eve were unaware of the concepts of good or evil. To appreciate higher unities, one must embrace duality as a balance, not choose sides and be in competition with the other. If you do, you are just taking part in the balance without realizing it. I think the story of Eden is simply a metaphor for the dawn of man's sentience.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D
Open up my heart again.

*The snake says to do something bad and tells what could happen. Good consceince tries to steer to the right path.
i am unreligious myself, but i am spiritual.. theres a thread about that somewhere around here.

anyways, i stopped there. the first two lines don't seem to fit your explanation. those lines are referring to something in the past (the helping verbs set the tense), and the second half refers to the present/future. and i don't see how "what my damage could have been" could mean doing damage, it doesn't sound like the right wording. explain it to me please :) :)
Old 08-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I actually think that this is one of the only tool songs that can not easily be fully interpereted as religious.

"I would have much rathered Jesus being hanged, that way, all Christians would wear nooses around their necks."~Kapoo

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: