opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 10. Die Eier Von Satan
User Name
Password
Old 01-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10
Meaning?

I hesitate ever posting interpretations of Tool songs on here because of the hostility I've recieved in the past and probably will receive in the future, but I still do it for the off-chance that someone will at least try to understand where I got the notion.

Well, here goes:

I'm not a baker, but I'm pretty sure that the egg is what makes the cookie stay together. Without the egg, there is no cookie. With that in mind...think of us as the cookies and think of the egg as the connection we all share. "We are all one mind." I saw a post on here somewhere by wwwanggg that I agreed with about how we need to get rid of our inhibitions and know that just because he sounds like an angry German/Hitler, it doesn't mean he is (or something along those lines). Let's face it. Human nature is to take things at face value. When I first heard the song, I associated the angry german voice with Hitler. When he repeatedly says, "and no egg," I think he's saying the connection we all share is lost and we need to re-establish it and rediscover communication with one another. Everyone is so hostile towards eachother because of difference of opinion, which stems from difference of interpretation of language, which stems from language, which stems from meaning.

If you disagree, that's cool. Just try not to do what humans do. Thank you for reading anyways.

Last edited by people_do_like_me; 01-11-2007 at 09:38 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277
Re: Meaning?

i hear some nazi undertones in this song.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

...and no eggs
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

has anyone followed the recipe and tried to make these?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Sure, everybody's got some turkish hashish at home to make them.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

yeah i made em. not with 12 pounds of turkish hash, with a q of pollen. they were nice.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by people_do_like_me View Post
I hesitate ever posting interpretations of Tool songs on here because of the hostility I've recieved in the past and probably will receive in the future, but I still do it for the off-chance that someone will at least try to understand where I got the notion.

Well, here goes:

I'm not a baker, but I'm pretty sure that the egg is what makes the cookie stay together. Without the egg, there is no cookie. With that in mind...think of us as the cookies and think of the egg as the connection we all share. "We are all one mind." I saw a post on here somewhere by wwwanggg that I agreed with about how we need to get rid of our inhibitions and know that just because he sounds like an angry German/Hitler, it doesn't mean he is (or something along those lines). Let's face it. Human nature is to take things at face value. When I first heard the song, I associated the angry german voice with Hitler. When he repeatedly says, "and no egg," I think he's saying the connection we all share is lost and we need to re-establish it and rediscover communication with one another. Everyone is so hostile towards eachother because of difference of opinion, which stems from difference of interpretation of language, which stems from language, which stems from meaning.

If you disagree, that's cool. Just try not to do what humans do. Thank you for reading anyways.
I agree and if Hitler made me hash balls I would eat them.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

This song to me is about drawing on peoples insecurities. People who don't know what the lyrics are would mistake it as some crazy evil nazi shit and shun away or find it offensive when in fact its a bit of a pisstake, recipe.

bit like "don't judge a book by its cover' to put a lame ass quote to it.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

The eggs would create a fluffier mixture were the recipe a little different, and bond the ingredients, but the butter does that.
Despite that, what your thought seems to make a lot of sense, i was always happy just thinking about how dumb i was that i thought it was a trick that made me think of Hitler; also about what you said about the face value fear, incidental negligence/ignorance seemed a second purpose.
But i never thought about the egg, except when i learned the words. Laughs, laughs, laughs.
Egg=foetus/future?
Egg=fragile/defenceless?
Egg=the ultimately positive result of a ''negative'' counterpart in sexual reproduction.
Egg=exactly what you said, a phrase that could be reiterated to the desired effect: scare the infantile, crack up the avid listener.
Hmm. Infant? crack...?
And don't get discouraged about the negative assholes. Most of the decent ideas i have found get a lot of flak, but there are usually some valid contributions. Lots of people do a lot of firestarting, fuk'ém, some are just here to fart around, but who knows? Our persistence might enlighten.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #10
Banned.

Bincount™: 272

...and no eggs
ja!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

well, its a pun in german

eggs are reffered to as balls

so in a song called the eggs(balls) of satan, it repeatedly says and no eggs(balls)

basically its saying satan has no balls with a cool hash brownie twist

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

the recipie was recited as if it was hitler speaking to a crowd... hitler has no balls either
Old 03-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 43

but why is the damn crowd cheering??
hitler's showing off his dick?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

What did you feel the first time you heard this?

Hitler.
The crowd cheers accentuate the point.

Markko Fox's mom used to make these brownies.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I feel badass driving down the road listening to this song at full blast. everyone just stares at me like i am crazy for playin a "some sort of german song" its funny as hell. Gotta love this song.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:12 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbreed View Post
This song to me is about drawing on peoples insecurities. People who don't know what the lyrics are would mistake it as some crazy evil nazi shit and shun away or find it offensive when in fact its a bit of a pisstake, recipe.

bit like "don't judge a book by its cover' to put a lame ass quote to it.
YEP!! and it is funny because the background roaring almost sounds like something from a baseball game or something! What I mean is it's totally drawing on people and their insecurities from living in a fascist country like the united states. The people roar because they can, the germans are no different. Afterall, they to are people. And for christs sake all the background people sound like they are cheering, clapping, whistling, and it sounds nothing like a Nuremberg rallie! It is so out of place but yet it fits so perfect.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

I love it...my goal in life is to speak the words just as good as (markko?) did but i dont know german? guess i gotta practice. I just love the way it sounds...i never knew that a german recipe for dough balls could sound so bad ass. GO HITLER!! haha Cheers.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch_The_Cornerstone View Post
I love it...my goal in life is to speak the words just as good as (markko?) did but i dont know german? guess i gotta practice. I just love the way it sounds...i never knew that a german recipe for dough balls could sound so bad ass. GO HITLER!! haha Cheers.
I know exactly. Shit, im like a 8th or quarter german (great grandmother is full blood, so im tihnkin 8th) anyways, I can do a german accent better than any other. But I try repeating parts from the song to friends and still end up sounding like a dumbass!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post
I know exactly. Shit, im like a 8th or quarter german (great grandmother is full blood, so im tihnkin 8th) anyways, I can do a german accent better than any other. But I try repeating parts from the song to friends and still end up sounding like a dumbass!
Well at least you can make an attempt..i cant even say one word. but I absolutely love the last two lines...first time its loud and the second time its spoken softly..its soo bad ass i swear everytime i hear i get hyped up. Awesome. like i said everyone looks at me as i drive down the road blasting this song..its great. Cheers.

P.S. I guess markkos is a better german speaker than you. Keep tryin man..youll get it alot sooner than I will.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch_The_Cornerstone View Post
P.S. I guess markkos is a better german speaker than you. Keep tryin man..youll get it alot sooner than I will.
perhaps?
Hey! You keep trying! practice makes perfect or what the fuck was that saying.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:30 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Side note. People seem to like to talk shit and say fuck the germans because of world war II. Which is funny because A) English people originated from the Germans B) Some English people went to America C) The English language is Germanic.
Conclusion: White people in America who talk trash about Germans are really talking shit about themselves, subconsciously that is.

Ignorant fucks!

I would love to see people looking at you, me or anyone for blasting Die Eier Von Satan down the road because they are ignorant, stupid and American (they don't have ancestry (NOT) so they are stupid!)

Don't take me wrong, I say things like fuck the bible, fuck America, fuc kthe president, fuck the flag, fuck religion, fuck censorship, fuck my citizenship, fuck the constitution only because I am more American than all those idiots! I say fuck the constitution because it is more American; why of course the constitution is just a joke to the government and religous freaks and their dogma so I say fuck the constitution because the constitution does'nt mean much anymore. Sure we have the right to freedom of speech but lets be realistic here, if one person does'nt like your free speech, all these other sheepish religous fucks ban together and censor your free speech. It really would be more American for me to carry a gun and shoot a person who robs me. Or to be a insurgent; overthrow the evil and corrupt government as we once got rid of an invading army two hundred years ago; as the core purpose the constitution gave us the right to bear arms in the first place! People don't fucking get it, there is a reason we have the right to bear arms....wait, we don't have that right anymore! To bear arms is to walk around carrying a gun (bearing a arm! I don't know about you but I don't walk around my house carrying a gun!) You gotta have a bullshit license (to carry a gun on the street) which is to generate money so you don't buy to much ammunition to overthrow the government anyways. Fucking bastards are figuring out every which way possible to prevent us from being "true" Americans!

Last edited by justify_denials; 04-13-2007 at 01:52 AM..
Old 08-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #21
caveman

Bincount™: 193

A big cheers to all the Germans, me included, with a big hash cookie!!!

Wherever you go........there you are.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

People do like me:

I think you're looking too deep.
I figured out what this song meant pretty quickly. at least I hope im right. Point of the song is:

Its not what you say, its how you say it.

Plus they've got humor in their music, which is cool. hope it helped

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: