Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 12:54 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Dec 13 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Damani311
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM

Firsties b/c I'm a loser and I have nowhere else to go after the show.

Vanilla setlist.......well....same as every other show.

Extended stinkfist, extended schism.

No guest during Lateralus, just Danny soloing. Nice rythms, not too much punch though. Everything else was great, they managed to fit the whole production into the Pearl, and it was nice because everthing was really small.

Suprisingly, even though there was a floor, there was no moshing throughout the whole show. I never moved from where I stood....odd. There were several hot girls there that were all about some Tool, and had traveled to the show, but too bad I bet they had boyfriends...yeah I know it's Vegas, but.......lol

Anyway, they definately teased pieces of Eon Blue Apocalypse after R.S, before Flood. That was probably the most excited I was during the whole show.

No Maynardisms.....none. He didn't talk until right before Vicarious, and he said "I'm sure we'll be seeing some of you again tomorrow, Thanks for coming out, Peace out"

I'm excited about tomorrow.......even if they just closed with Aenima it would be great. I talked with tons of people that saw them during the Lateralus tour, and I really feel like I missed out not seeing that one....i mean the WHOLE lateralus CD.........sigh

Anyway, tomorrow's another day........I will spend the rest of the night drinking, sad that I can't smoke pot, because it smelled mighty good at the show.......damn drug tests.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 13 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl

Firsties b/c I'm a loser and I have nowhere else to go after the show.

Vanilla setlist.......well....same as every other show.

Extended stinkfist, extended schism.

No guest during Lateralus, just Danny soloing. Nice rythms, not too much punch though. Everything else was great, they managed to fit the whole production into the Pearl, and it was nice because everthing was really small.

Suprisingly, even though there was a floor, there was no moshing throughout the whole show. I never moved from where I stood....odd. There were several hot girls there that were all about some Tool, and had traveled to the show, but too bad I bet they had boyfriends...yeah I know it's Vegas, but.......lol

Anyway, they definately teased pieces of Eon Blue Apocalypse after R.S, before Flood. That was probably the most excited I was during the whole show.

No Maynardisms.....none. He didn't talk until right before Vicarious, and he said "I'm sure we'll be seeing some of you again tomorrow, Thanks for coming out, Peace out"

I'm excited about tomorrow.......even if they just closed with Aenima it would be great. I talked with tons of people that saw them during the Lateralus tour, and I really feel like I missed out not seeing that one....i mean the WHOLE lateralus CD.........sigh

Anyway, tomorrow's another day........I will spend the rest of the night drinking, sad that I can't smoke pot, because it smelled mighty good at the show.......damn drug tests.
OFFLINE |  
Eyenovation
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Amazing show, as always. Can't wait for tonight. Won't add much to what's already been said except for the lithograph situation. As many of you know, there are a limited amount of signed lithographs available for sale - hand signed by the band. They're a nice collector piece and a handsome keepsake from a show.

Needless to say, they're a hot item and sell out almost instantly. I was at the show in Los Angeles and missed out on getting one because someone douche bag bought them all in one gusto. The merch counter should regulate it to one per person (maybe 2 at the most) - but sadly greedy capitalist bastards buy them up with the clear intent to flip for profit. Perhaps I'm an asshole for not understanding capitalism, but jesus - it's sad when you think about it, especially given the nature of the music. *Maybe that's a stretch, but whatever.

So anyway, I was lucky to be first in "line" at the only merch booth at the venue. There was no official line, but one assembled which must have been 30 people deep, all of us anxiously awaiting the signed lithos. There was an informal code that each of us would buy ONE litho to accommodate fans in the back... which was actually cool to see. People were considerate of their neighbor. Imagine that.

Anyway, the lithos arrived shortly before TOOL took the stage. Amazingly the scene was very orderly considering there was no OFFICIAL line. Sadly though (again) the guy 4th from the back bought almost all of them (for $100 a pop) and left anxious fans in the back with nothing.

Why am I complaining, one might ask? After all - I got mine, right? Well sure, but - I can't help but feel for the poor souls who waited 2+ hours in line just to purchase a keepsake only to be usurped by some asshole.

So, my sincere condolences. It's not right - especially during the holiday season. I don't blame the merch guys either. They're just hired guns there to sell T-Shirts. To them, some guy buying 10 lithos is no different than someone buying 10 $38 tee shirts. To the guy who purchased all of those lithos, you can already guess my thoughts on that. I'm all for making an honest dollar. Hell, I paid $250 per ticket and could have opted to recoup my expenses too being first in line, but that's just wrong.

So to those who waited and didn't get a litho - if I can get my hands on an extra one tonight, I will be thinking of a way to perhaps create a contest w. Kabir or something where people can get one. No markup. No Bullshit. No greed.

We'll see how I fare tonight.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing show, as always. Can't wait for tonight. Won't add much to what's already been said except for the lithograph situation. As many of you know, there are a limited amount of signed lithographs available for sale - hand signed by the band. They're a nice collector piece and a handsome keepsake from a show.

Needless to say, they're a hot item and sell out almost instantly. I was at the show in Los Angeles and missed out on getting one because someone douche bag bought them all in one gusto. The merch counter should regulate it to one per person (maybe 2 at the most) - but sadly greedy capitalist bastards buy them up with the clear intent to flip for profit. Perhaps I'm an asshole for not understanding capitalism, but jesus - it's sad when you think about it, especially given the nature of the music. *Maybe that's a stretch, but whatever.

So anyway, I was lucky to be first in "line" at the only merch booth at the venue. There was no official line, but one assembled which must have been 30 people deep, all of us anxiously awaiting the signed lithos. There was an informal code that each of us would buy ONE litho to accommodate fans in the back... which was actually cool to see. People were considerate of their neighbor. Imagine that.

Anyway, the lithos arrived shortly before TOOL took the stage. Amazingly the scene was very orderly considering there was no OFFICIAL line. Sadly though (again) the guy 4th from the back bought almost all of them (for $100 a pop) and left anxious fans in the back with nothing.

Why am I complaining, one might ask? After all - I got mine, right? Well sure, but - I can't help but feel for the poor souls who waited 2+ hours in line just to purchase a keepsake only to be usurped by some asshole.

So, my sincere condolences. It's not right - especially during the holiday season. I don't blame the merch guys either. They're just hired guns there to sell T-Shirts. To them, some guy buying 10 lithos is no different than someone buying 10 $38 tee shirts. To the guy who purchased all of those lithos, you can already guess my thoughts on that. I'm all for making an honest dollar. Hell, I paid $250 per ticket and could have opted to recoup my expenses too being first in line, but that's just wrong.

So to those who waited and didn't get a litho - if I can get my hands on an extra one tonight, I will be thinking of a way to perhaps create a contest w. Kabir or something where people can get one. No markup. No Bullshit. No greed.

We'll see how I fare tonight.
OFFLINE |  
Damani311
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Yeah they went on at 9:10

In retrospect I'm amazed at MJK....was it just me or did he not even dance? It was a small stage, so he couldn't hide, but for the most part he just stood there like a statue. You also couldn't hear a damn word during the entirety of Wings. No scream during the 9:ish part in stoned, which is the best part of the song. Mic toward the crowd during Vicarious. I really hoping he was just storing it for tonight, I don't really expect much change but if it really is the last show of the tour and they don't blow it out at least slightly, I will be suprised. Now is the time to see if they really enjoy being a rock band, or if they're just fulfilling a contract and trying to move records.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

In retrospect I'm amazed at MJK....was it just me or did he not even dance? It was a small stage, so he couldn't hide, but for the most part he just stood there like a statue. You also couldn't hear a damn word during the entirety of Wings. No scream during the 9:ish part in stoned, which is the best part of the song. Mic toward the crowd during Vicarious. I really hoping he was just storing it for tonight, I don't really expect much change but if it really is the last show of the tour and they don't blow it out at least slightly, I will be suprised. Now is the time to see if they really enjoy being a rock band, or if they're just fulfilling a contract and trying to move records.
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
12-14-2007, 12:37 PM

when you lign up to buy the posters just have the first guy in line take everyones money for one and have them buy them all for everyone, and fuck people who buy these to sell them. its lame they dont have a limit.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

when you lign up to buy the posters just have the first guy in line take everyones money for one and have them buy them all for everyone, and fuck people who buy these to sell them. its lame they dont have a limit.
OFFLINE |  
Lestat
12-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post

i said the same thing about not having a limit. in LA one guy bought them all at one of the merch stands.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post

i said the same thing about not having a limit. in LA one guy bought them all at one of the merch stands.
OFFLINE |  
Briznitch's Avatar Briznitch
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311 View Post

I will agree here. The guy didn't move at all. Just stood back and watched his band ROCK SHIT for 2 hours. No scream in Stinkfist, which usually tells me how great the show is going to be since it's always in the beginning. I was like, damn. Could not hear 1 WORD in Wings for sure, glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I didn't even think he was singing at first. Then could barely hear hints of his voice. If I was his soundguy (and I am a soundguy) I would have cranked his shit up even if he didn't want it that way). Laziness in Vicarious and RS too for sure. But what can ya do, the guy is a strange unit. No talking at all during the show either, nothing. Didn't need to but he usually does at least a little. Must have lost his ass at Blackjack or something.
Otherwise, damn good show I thought as usual. Band was tight, sound was great, lights were awesome this time thanks to a new light guy? Was hoping for a drum-off but Danny tearing it up solo is always fun to see as well. Justin and Danny are so damn tight it's not even funny.
Thanks to KilKenny and Corinthian for hooking up the tickets. Sat with my girl in 2 open seats in section 203 row M, around 15-16 I think. Perfect center seats. THanks to whoever wasn't able to scalp those tickets at a ridiculous price so I could enjoy them instead. Some guy next to us peed in two cups, that was fun. The smell of the tasty chronic filled the air, wish I had some. Flood was tight, haven't seen it live before I don't think.

All in all good show, but Maynard needs to liven up a bit and give people a little more energy when they pay so much to see them. At least the rest of the band tears shit up for him.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311 View Post

I will agree here. The guy didn't move at all. Just stood back and watched his band ROCK SHIT for 2 hours. No scream in Stinkfist, which usually tells me how great the show is going to be since it's always in the beginning. I was like, damn. Could not hear 1 WORD in Wings for sure, glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I didn't even think he was singing at first. Then could barely hear hints of his voice. If I was his soundguy (and I am a soundguy) I would have cranked his shit up even if he didn't want it that way). Laziness in Vicarious and RS too for sure. But what can ya do, the guy is a strange unit. No talking at all during the show either, nothing. Didn't need to but he usually does at least a little. Must have lost his ass at Blackjack or something.
Otherwise, damn good show I thought as usual. Band was tight, sound was great, lights were awesome this time thanks to a new light guy? Was hoping for a drum-off but Danny tearing it up solo is always fun to see as well. Justin and Danny are so damn tight it's not even funny.
Thanks to KilKenny and Corinthian for hooking up the tickets. Sat with my girl in 2 open seats in section 203 row M, around 15-16 I think. Perfect center seats. THanks to whoever wasn't able to scalp those tickets at a ridiculous price so I could enjoy them instead. Some guy next to us peed in two cups, that was fun. The smell of the tasty chronic filled the air, wish I had some. Flood was tight, haven't seen it live before I don't think.

All in all good show, but Maynard needs to liven up a bit and give people a little more energy when they pay so much to see them. At least the rest of the band tears shit up for him.
OFFLINE |  
jdkaylor
12-14-2007, 05:11 PM

17th or so show. Thought it was going to be one of the best and easily was one of the worst. The duschebaggery in section 303 1-8 rows was on another level. Especially the 2 faux chollos who thought telling everyone that the other loved to suck cock?? would be the appropriate behavior at a Tool concert. It baffles me to see someone buy tix just to act like a silly fuck. Furthermore I was in Row E and everyone in front of me was sitting down by the end of stinkfist.

Anyhow, im usually the one who reads about people bitching about the show and I get pissed off, well my turn. Setlist is fine although I thought they might add in Aenema at the end, but no big deal it is the 10k day tour and im fine with it. The problem I have is that from my section 303 Maynard was so inaudible that I was wondering often if he was even singing. Rosetta Stoned which is usually amazing live was terrible and you could not begin to understand a single word. This is my 6th time seeing this tour and it was absolutely horrible trying to hear Maynard. I didnt fly from Colorado to see an instrumental concert. I certainly hope its not Nard's fault that the vocals are so low, and if it is shame on him.

Anyhow, still had a great time and the lasers were phenomenal as I was dead center 3rd level. Thats about it, pretty lame crowd in my section but I still made the most out of it.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

17th or so show. Thought it was going to be one of the best and easily was one of the worst. The duschebaggery in section 303 1-8 rows was on another level. Especially the 2 faux chollos who thought telling everyone that the other loved to suck cock?? would be the appropriate behavior at a Tool concert. It baffles me to see someone buy tix just to act like a silly fuck. Furthermore I was in Row E and everyone in front of me was sitting down by the end of stinkfist.

Anyhow, im usually the one who reads about people bitching about the show and I get pissed off, well my turn. Setlist is fine although I thought they might add in Aenema at the end, but no big deal it is the 10k day tour and im fine with it. The problem I have is that from my section 303 Maynard was so inaudible that I was wondering often if he was even singing. Rosetta Stoned which is usually amazing live was terrible and you could not begin to understand a single word. This is my 6th time seeing this tour and it was absolutely horrible trying to hear Maynard. I didnt fly from Colorado to see an instrumental concert. I certainly hope its not Nard's fault that the vocals are so low, and if it is shame on him.

Anyhow, still had a great time and the lasers were phenomenal as I was dead center 3rd level. Thats about it, pretty lame crowd in my section but I still made the most out of it.
OFFLINE |  
AngryCPA
12-14-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkaylor View Post

His vocals were definitely turned down I think. I wasnt even sure if he was singing on that part of wings as you described, I thought he may have pulled a Vicarious on us! On Rosetta Stoned I think his problem is that hes using the mic for the megaphone, and the megaphone speaker is behind his back nowhere near the main mic so you cant really hear any vocals...I liked it a lot better when he spoke directly into the megaphone in front of the mic as he did in the earlier shows on this tour.

Good show overall but definitely not the best one of the tour (this was my 5th). It was very nice being in the pit (although it was the most subdued pit crowd I ever saw)! The Pearl is a great venue!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkaylor View Post

His vocals were definitely turned down I think. I wasnt even sure if he was singing on that part of wings as you described, I thought he may have pulled a Vicarious on us! On Rosetta Stoned I think his problem is that hes using the mic for the megaphone, and the megaphone speaker is behind his back nowhere near the main mic so you cant really hear any vocals...I liked it a lot better when he spoke directly into the megaphone in front of the mic as he did in the earlier shows on this tour.

Good show overall but definitely not the best one of the tour (this was my 5th). It was very nice being in the pit (although it was the most subdued pit crowd I ever saw)! The Pearl is a great venue!
OFFLINE |  
Damani311
12-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah I'm not sure if they drag you out for moshing or not, it was so tame...alot of normal people there though, classy folks and dames that don't go to shows that often but just happened to be in Vegas, or out of towners and people on vacation. No one wants to get slammed around by a big guy with piercings just trying to hurt people for kicks.

Anyway, I'm off for round two, I should have my review up by 11:30. I'm excited!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Yeah I'm not sure if they drag you out for moshing or not, it was so tame...alot of normal people there though, classy folks and dames that don't go to shows that often but just happened to be in Vegas, or out of towners and people on vacation. No one wants to get slammed around by a big guy with piercings just trying to hurt people for kicks.

Anyway, I'm off for round two, I should have my review up by 11:30. I'm excited!
OFFLINE |  
DavidB.
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM

I flew in from Minneapolis to check out this show at the Pearl after reading the post's from earlier in the tour. This was My 4th show since I saw them at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis, June of 2006. I have to agree with a majority of the other fans. MJK's sound was turned down so low that it was next to impossible to hear Him. I thought it was only when He was using the mike on His keyboard. He sounded much better with the stand up mike than the other. The band rocked as usual. Had Great seats in section 202 row A, seats 6 and 7. I was looking Danny in the eye the entire show. Of course I would do it again in a heartbeat! I wanted to stay for the show on the 14th but wasn't able to do so. The Pearl was a Great Venue to see the band. Hope to again some day!
Old 12-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

I flew in from Minneapolis to check out this show at the Pearl after reading the post's from earlier in the tour. This was My 4th show since I saw them at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis, June of 2006. I have to agree with a majority of the other fans. MJK's sound was turned down so low that it was next to impossible to hear Him. I thought it was only when He was using the mike on His keyboard. He sounded much better with the stand up mike than the other. The band rocked as usual. Had Great seats in section 202 row A, seats 6 and 7. I was looking Danny in the eye the entire show. Of course I would do it again in a heartbeat! I wanted to stay for the show on the 14th but wasn't able to do so. The Pearl was a Great Venue to see the band. Hope to again some day!
OFFLINE |  
Kody27
12-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Firstly, fuck Maynard and Adam too for that matter...I didn't come all the way from memphis to vegas to see HALF of tool, because Justin and Danny carry the world on their shoulders and adam just floats on top of that, and maynard just floats on top of that. They charge $90 for this show, but only 50 for the one in desoto and it was 1,000 times better than the vegas show! I read somewhere that danny and justin travel in one bus together while maynard and adam are in another, this makes sense to me because there seemed to be sort of a rift between the four of them that night. Couldn't hear a god damned word from maynard, but i was on the floor front and center, I talked to some people sitting up higher and to the side and they said they heard everything he said, so it probably just went over our heads, literally. I could tell maynard was just mocking the shit out of us during the last part of vicarious, opening his hand like a puppet to us all. It's like they forced these last two shows out of them for money, they probably hate vegas, i do too it's a sin filled shit hole that exploits every human experience and everything cost a trillion dollars. Tool is my favorite band, but if you're gonna go onstage, I don't care who you are, put your heart and sould into it, what if it's the last time you ever get to play, they could die tomorrow and leave the world with a half assed show, I expect some spirit out of tool especially live. I don't even care that we got a short and repetitive set list, i just want quality not quantity. I did get danny's drumstick, and it the top is wrapped in a rubberlike tape like you put on the walls when you paint, probably for the soft cymbal hits and such. Peace.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Firstly, fuck Maynard and Adam too for that matter...I didn't come all the way from memphis to vegas to see HALF of tool, because Justin and Danny carry the world on their shoulders and adam just floats on top of that, and maynard just floats on top of that. They charge $90 for this show, but only 50 for the one in desoto and it was 1,000 times better than the vegas show! I read somewhere that danny and justin travel in one bus together while maynard and adam are in another, this makes sense to me because there seemed to be sort of a rift between the four of them that night. Couldn't hear a god damned word from maynard, but i was on the floor front and center, I talked to some people sitting up higher and to the side and they said they heard everything he said, so it probably just went over our heads, literally. I could tell maynard was just mocking the shit out of us during the last part of vicarious, opening his hand like a puppet to us all. It's like they forced these last two shows out of them for money, they probably hate vegas, i do too it's a sin filled shit hole that exploits every human experience and everything cost a trillion dollars. Tool is my favorite band, but if you're gonna go onstage, I don't care who you are, put your heart and sould into it, what if it's the last time you ever get to play, they could die tomorrow and leave the world with a half assed show, I expect some spirit out of tool especially live. I don't even care that we got a short and repetitive set list, i just want quality not quantity. I did get danny's drumstick, and it the top is wrapped in a rubberlike tape like you put on the walls when you paint, probably for the soft cymbal hits and such. Peace.
OFFLINE |  
SetecX
12-16-2007, 05:39 AM

Well it was my 8th Tool show. Flew in from Detroit. The acoustics in the Pearl I thought were pretty awesome. I was in a box in the upper left part of the stage. Everything was crystal clear except for the vocals or lack thereof during Wings/10000 days.

It was very apparent Maynard had the vocals turned down because right after those 2 songs everything went back to being crystal clear.

Now for the bad.Maynard is an asshole. Period. The guy is paid well to perform and on this night, he clearly did not want to. I love how its a crapshoot (Vegas pun) on what his mood will be on any given night like he is some emo little girl. No movement hardly at all, no crazy backwards bending dancing during Jambi, and outside of lyrics he barely said 3 words to the crowd. He was also as lazy as possible on the lyrics by not screaming when he should have and doing the lame fuck ass let the crowd finish Vicarious. Dick. If you dont want to perform then why the fuck did you take on another tour?

Danny and Justin were unbelievable as usual. I loved Lateralus when Danny got to be free to do his drum thing and not have it tainted/interrupted by some other drummer.

As much as I love to see Tool live I have to say I am glad this tour is over for this album. It clearly needs to be over. Maynard can go back to his precious vineyard and drink wine in the middle of the desert for the next 3 or 4 years while he can get back into it. And I really hope that wings/10000 days dies along with this tour. Yeah its cool but in my opinion it fucks with Maynard too much and sometimes it can make or break a show. Besides from like 80% of the shows it gives the fans a chance to act like fucktards and piss Maynard off or shatter his delicate emo state.

Picked up a venue poster, unsigned. I have a signed ticket from Justin and Danny when I met them outside a show and that means more to me than some contrived signed poster where 2 of the signatures probably dont want to even be on there (you know who you are).

Anyways, heres to hoping there will be a refreshed and refocused Tool in 3 or 4 years....
Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Well it was my 8th Tool show. Flew in from Detroit. The acoustics in the Pearl I thought were pretty awesome. I was in a box in the upper left part of the stage. Everything was crystal clear except for the vocals or lack thereof during Wings/10000 days.

It was very apparent Maynard had the vocals turned down because right after those 2 songs everything went back to being crystal clear.

Now for the bad.Maynard is an asshole. Period. The guy is paid well to perform and on this night, he clearly did not want to. I love how its a crapshoot (Vegas pun) on what his mood will be on any given night like he is some emo little girl. No movement hardly at all, no crazy backwards bending dancing during Jambi, and outside of lyrics he barely said 3 words to the crowd. He was also as lazy as possible on the lyrics by not screaming when he should have and doing the lame fuck ass let the crowd finish Vicarious. Dick. If you dont want to perform then why the fuck did you take on another tour?

Danny and Justin were unbelievable as usual. I loved Lateralus when Danny got to be free to do his drum thing and not have it tainted/interrupted by some other drummer.

As much as I love to see Tool live I have to say I am glad this tour is over for this album. It clearly needs to be over. Maynard can go back to his precious vineyard and drink wine in the middle of the desert for the next 3 or 4 years while he can get back into it. And I really hope that wings/10000 days dies along with this tour. Yeah its cool but in my opinion it fucks with Maynard too much and sometimes it can make or break a show. Besides from like 80% of the shows it gives the fans a chance to act like fucktards and piss Maynard off or shatter his delicate emo state.

Picked up a venue poster, unsigned. I have a signed ticket from Justin and Danny when I met them outside a show and that means more to me than some contrived signed poster where 2 of the signatures probably dont want to even be on there (you know who you are).

Anyways, heres to hoping there will be a refreshed and refocused Tool in 3 or 4 years....
OFFLINE |  
TheGoldenLemur
12-17-2007, 02:08 AM

The mic on maynard's swivel keyboard thing was definitely underpowered for wings 1, but he called a labcoat over during the song and it was more or less fixed in time for the best parts of wings 2. some of the problem with the seeming shortcomings on his keyboard device may be due to the fact that, at the beginning of the show, it looked like--and felt like--adam cranked up the volumea bit; this probably affected everything but maynard's litlte mic, attatched to the keyboard, which is only used on wings. i don't think this is necessaryily any evidence that the band is indifferent to the audience. adam cranked the juice and everyone cheered; the whole show was louder and better because of it, with the exception of the less intense, first half of one song. boo hoo.
this was my 8th show on the massive TWO YEAR tour. what exactly are we criticizing here? adam stands motionless and plays guitar, justin flings his hair around and looks at his feet, nothing's changed there from the last tour. it must be maynard. he doesn't play the part of the blue polka-dotted transvestite anymore. is that it?
the guy's just MOTHER DIED, the song to honor the fact is misunderstood by millions, james iha left him for billy corgan, and he lost out to god damn wolfmother.
did anyone ever think that maybe this isn't the year he felt like stripping down to his skivvies and gyrating on a rotational ministage? i can understand; how about you?
his mom dies, and "fans" are telling him he needs more pieces of flair.
and the morrisin/cobain thing: by the end, the albums said, "Jim Morrison and the Doors" do you think a man that sings in the shadows and leavs the stage first is the kind of man that would ever want "Maynard with Tool" on one of his albums?
are you the kind of person that wants their next video to feature them lip synching in an abandoned warehouse? hopefully they don't listen to their fans. shut up.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

The mic on maynard's swivel keyboard thing was definitely underpowered for wings 1, but he called a labcoat over during the song and it was more or less fixed in time for the best parts of wings 2. some of the problem with the seeming shortcomings on his keyboard device may be due to the fact that, at the beginning of the show, it looked like--and felt like--adam cranked up the volumea bit; this probably affected everything but maynard's litlte mic, attatched to the keyboard, which is only used on wings. i don't think this is necessaryily any evidence that the band is indifferent to the audience. adam cranked the juice and everyone cheered; the whole show was louder and better because of it, with the exception of the less intense, first half of one song. boo hoo.
this was my 8th show on the massive TWO YEAR tour. what exactly are we criticizing here? adam stands motionless and plays guitar, justin flings his hair around and looks at his feet, nothing's changed there from the last tour. it must be maynard. he doesn't play the part of the blue polka-dotted transvestite anymore. is that it?
the guy's just MOTHER DIED, the song to honor the fact is misunderstood by millions, james iha left him for billy corgan, and he lost out to god damn wolfmother.
did anyone ever think that maybe this isn't the year he felt like stripping down to his skivvies and gyrating on a rotational ministage? i can understand; how about you?
his mom dies, and "fans" are telling him he needs more pieces of flair.
and the morrisin/cobain thing: by the end, the albums said, "Jim Morrison and the Doors" do you think a man that sings in the shadows and leavs the stage first is the kind of man that would ever want "Maynard with Tool" on one of his albums?
are you the kind of person that wants their next video to feature them lip synching in an abandoned warehouse? hopefully they don't listen to their fans. shut up.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply