Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
infinitee's Avatar infinitee
11-18-2009, 04:55 PM

let this fucking thread die.

damn you Othellot, damn you! it was dead til you came...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385
Re: Rob the grave to snow the cradle...

let this fucking thread die.

damn you Othellot, damn you! it was dead til you came...
ssspy rail
03-15-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
You're missing one key word with your 'indigo' theory. 'Cozened'. The line being:
"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo"
A much simpler term would be 'crocodile tears'.

Put into context with a 'kangaroo court' as well as "Liar, Lawyer, mirror show me what's the difference" - I would interpret the whole as being not simply just hypocrisy, but the hypocrisy inherent in the idea that someone who is, for all intents and purposes, as guilty as any other prosecuting another individual and how often the pursuit of this phony form of justice leads to as many innocent individuals being persecuted, prosecuted, and jailed as there are guilty people.

Guilt and innocence make no difference in a court and if an attorney gets in a little too deep obfuscating the facts ("eyeball deep in muddy waters"), they can perform a little song and dance to divert attention just like a magician with sleight of hand ("practically raised the dead") to ensure that they sway the jurors' opinions to one they find more favorable.

Anyone willing to go through that amount of work, not in search of truth, but instead of 'winning' to make themselves look better, has 'got to be high'.
this is all really good....now we have established this.....FINALLY.......now we can embark on the true enlightening illumination that this song elucidates........God created this "context" (within which this song exists) and we can "pontificate" about "wordly" concerns while we exist here.....but the song is about GOD'S majesty!!!!!! YES MAJESTY !!!! like all TOOL songs!!!! THE POT IS THE GROUPING OF STARS IN THE ITTY BITTY SKY THAT INCLUDES THE BELT OF ORION!!!!!!!! rutger hauer said "time to die" he'd attacked ships off the shoulder of orion....he was our future.......time to die xx
Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
You're missing one key word with your 'indigo' theory. 'Cozened'. The line being:
"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo"
A much simpler term would be 'crocodile tears'.

Put into context with a 'kangaroo court' as well as "Liar, Lawyer, mirror show me what's the difference" - I would interpret the whole as being not simply just hypocrisy, but the hypocrisy inherent in the idea that someone who is, for all intents and purposes, as guilty as any other prosecuting another individual and how often the pursuit of this phony form of justice leads to as many innocent individuals being persecuted, prosecuted, and jailed as there are guilty people.

Guilt and innocence make no difference in a court and if an attorney gets in a little too deep obfuscating the facts ("eyeball deep in muddy waters"), they can perform a little song and dance to divert attention just like a magician with sleight of hand ("practically raised the dead") to ensure that they sway the jurors' opinions to one they find more favorable.

Anyone willing to go through that amount of work, not in search of truth, but instead of 'winning' to make themselves look better, has 'got to be high'.
this is all really good....now we have established this.....FINALLY.......now we can embark on the true enlightening illumination that this song elucidates........God created this "context" (within which this song exists) and we can "pontificate" about "wordly" concerns while we exist here.....but the song is about GOD'S majesty!!!!!! YES MAJESTY !!!! like all TOOL songs!!!! THE POT IS THE GROUPING OF STARS IN THE ITTY BITTY SKY THAT INCLUDES THE BELT OF ORION!!!!!!!! rutger hauer said "time to die" he'd attacked ships off the shoulder of orion....he was our future.......time to die xx
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Snowtiger
11-30-2011, 07:34 AM

"Rob the grave" from what you put there to "Snow the cradle" cover your own crimes by replacing the truth with fake leads and then you "Burn the evidence". Society robs the graves of the innocent to cover its own guilt and hide the truth from the generations to come. Like digging up a mass grave in order to burn the remains in order to hide the crime. This may also reflect that you can never entirely or forever hide the truth. Someone at some point will expose you as the hypocrite you are. And thus you must have been high to even try it.

"Rob the grave to snow the cradle" could be interpreted as a child (innocence applied) being missing from the cradle (truth is missing) so instead you "rob the grave" to put something imaginative in there instead of the missing child (the truth) a.k.a. you "snow the cradle" to cover up that the emperor indeed wears no clothes.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

"Rob the grave" from what you put there to "Snow the cradle" cover your own crimes by replacing the truth with fake leads and then you "Burn the evidence". Society robs the graves of the innocent to cover its own guilt and hide the truth from the generations to come. Like digging up a mass grave in order to burn the remains in order to hide the crime. This may also reflect that you can never entirely or forever hide the truth. Someone at some point will expose you as the hypocrite you are. And thus you must have been high to even try it.

"Rob the grave to snow the cradle" could be interpreted as a child (innocence applied) being missing from the cradle (truth is missing) so instead you "rob the grave" to put something imaginative in there instead of the missing child (the truth) a.k.a. you "snow the cradle" to cover up that the emperor indeed wears no clothes.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
11-30-2011, 08:08 AM

i like this explanation. saw this quote on dailygrail yesterday, it might apply: "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea." - R. A. Wilson
Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

i like this explanation. saw this quote on dailygrail yesterday, it might apply: "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea." - R. A. Wilson
11-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
That isn't as wide a span as you may think... In the US both republicans and democrats are conservative parties. In Denmark though we have an example of a politician over her career going from communist through the political landscape to wind up in a 'liberal'/right-wing party having held positions as minister in several governments to a widely destructive effect. You may add that 'liberal' is a term they inherited from the birth of 'democracy' in Denmark and no longer has any real affiliation with said party. So basically yes! R. A. Wilson is right.

What can you say? Power follows the hungry.

Last edited by Snowtiger; 11-30-2011 at 10:25 AM..
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
That isn't as wide a span as you may think... In the US both republicans and democrats are conservative parties. In Denmark though we have an example of a politician over her career going from communist through the political landscape to wind up in a 'liberal'/right-wing party having held positions as minister in several governments to a widely destructive effect. You may add that 'liberal' is a term they inherited from the birth of 'democracy' in Denmark and no longer has any real affiliation with said party. So basically yes! R. A. Wilson is right.

What can you say? Power follows the hungry.

Last edited by Snowtiger; 11-30-2011 at 10:25 AM..
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
11-30-2011, 11:30 AM

i was thinking more all-inclusive, of the unconditional one, zero (the fool), without -isms/judgment ("who are you to wave your finger?"). so surface level, societal, & gov't politics aside; just you and your thoughts ...i think your interpretation of "the pot" brings us back into the whole "question authority" motif. perhaps as another variation upon the alchemical practice of "squaring the circle". such that:

(right, intuitive, blue queen, warrior, a perfect circle)
& (left, analytic, king crimson, vampire, a perfect tool)
Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
Level 10 - Vehement

i was thinking more all-inclusive, of the unconditional one, zero (the fool), without -isms/judgment ("who are you to wave your finger?"). so surface level, societal, & gov't politics aside; just you and your thoughts ...i think your interpretation of "the pot" brings us back into the whole "question authority" motif. perhaps as another variation upon the alchemical practice of "squaring the circle". such that:

11-30-2011, 11:33 AM

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #47
Level 10 - Vehement

11-30-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Mhm, It is also a self-reflection text. Who are you (me and you) to wave our fingers at the government, authorities, society, or each other, etc. We are not innocent or truthful either. We are also hypocrites. I was only referring to one verse but that is very ambiguous too. That is what I love about Maynard's texts.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

Mhm, It is also a self-reflection text. Who are you (me and you) to wave our fingers at the government, authorities, society, or each other, etc. We are not innocent or truthful either. We are also hypocrites. I was only referring to one verse but that is very ambiguous too. That is what I love about Maynard's texts.
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
11-30-2011, 07:00 PM

the graves name was robert
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Snowtiger
12-01-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
CONSPIRACY THEORY!! ;)

Maynard is cleverly dealing with what you may call 'projective identification'.

Last edited by Snowtiger; 12-01-2011 at 04:03 AM..
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
CONSPIRACY THEORY!! ;)

Maynard is cleverly dealing with what you may call 'projective identification'.

Last edited by Snowtiger; 12-01-2011 at 04:03 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply