opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, CAN - Molson Amphitheatre

imbackagain2 - I've got some ideas, did u get the last one?

sianspheric - Q 4 U ... Even if you have to sleep w/ an oily samoan? LOL!
For our sake I hope u do (get tix that is)

bino - I find it hard 2 believe u'v never been chinese at the Molson AMP

blood_wh0re - U haven't been taking your medication lately have U?, or maybe u'v been drinking?

Internet Onsale Info - Onsale to General Public: Sat, 07/22/06 10:00 AM EDT

........ cute - WTF - I was aiming for somethin' a lil' more than ...... c u t e

........ Hold on now, did she say ...... cute

........ I'll need a definition 4 cute - WTF?

........ C U T E .......... \m/

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 07-18-2006 at 11:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 04:38 AM   #82

Bincount™: 7676

I've been in contact with the Molson Amphitheatre and checked into getting a private box for the show. I've decided not to take advantage of the box because, well... most of my friends are students/unemployed and I'll likely end up covering the cost for a few of them, and since most of them are career students, I'm finding myself less generous with each year that passes.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to go this route, you can contact Amanda Quinn at [email protected]

Here is the message I received from her:

"I have boxes available for Tool, they are $1,300 for 8 seats, dinner for all eight guests in the VIP lounge and two drinks per person. If you prefer the box without hospitality, the cost is $1,000.

Please let me know if you are interested since this show is going to sell out almost immediately.

Thank you,

Amanda"

So if anyone gets the box, I will gladly buy 2 tickets from them, and I will pay cash immediately. PM me if this happens and I'll drive to where you are and pay you cash same day.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 05:23 AM   #83
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

I would go for the private box....without hospitalities...

like fuck....lets do that! $130 per person?....so worth it
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
I would go for the private box....without hospitalities...

like fuck....lets do that! $130 per person?....so worth it
I agree... it's totally worth it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #85
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag1364

Anyhow, if anyone wants to go this route, you can contact Amanda Quinn at [email protected]

"I have boxes available for Tool, they are $1,300 for 8 seats, dinner for all eight guests in the VIP lounge and two drinks per person. If you prefer the box without hospitality, the cost is $1,000.

Please let me know if you are interested since this show is going to sell out almost immediately.

Thank you,

Amanda"

So if anyone gets the box, I will gladly buy 2 tickets from them, and I will pay cash immediately. PM me if this happens and I'll drive to where you are and pay you cash same day.
Currently we are 5 people that are making this weekend road trip for the show.
We are currently considering this option.

There may be some spots left once it's all confirmed; even for you potentialy dangerous strangers. But definately the all-in deal. I will gladly keep you all posted.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 AM   #86
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_wh0re
so....if you buy tickets through the net via the "house of blues" site you can buy tickets Sat. at 7 am
and if you try to buy them through ticketmaster in store, online or via the phone you can buy them Sat. at 10 am

is this right????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have been possessed by an all consuming need
MUST GET FLOOR TICKETS
HOB Has it in Pacific Time :) (Thus 10 am our time)

For buying tix over the phone, does anyone know if you'd contact molson or go through ticketmaster?

I'm leaving to go up north on Thursday so currently panicing. 2 have offered to try to grab me floor (I'm not too keen on floor, but then I'll be ANYWHERE if it involves seeing Tool), but I don't know if I should try to go with that or try to grab a pair of seats myself some magical unknown way. Any advice?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #87

Quote:
I've been in contact with the Molson Amphitheatre and checked into getting a private box for the show. I've decided not to take advantage of the box because, well... most of my friends are students/unemployed and I'll likely end up covering the cost for a few of them, and since most of them are career students, I'm finding myself less generous with each year that passes.

Thank you,

Amanda"

UPDATE from Amanda:

"Hi Jeff,

The price quoted does not include the GST. As for contacting me, please email me to confirm along with your credit card number and mailing address to send tickets to.

Thank you,
Amanda

416-646-8878 Direct"
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM   #88
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
UPDATE from Amanda:

"Hi Jeff,

The price quoted does not include the GST. As for contacting me, please email me to confirm along with your credit card number and mailing address to send tickets to.

Thank you,
Amanda

416-646-8878 Direct"
I COULD KISS YOU!!!

I just called Amanda and spoke with her (VERY nice lady). She said the boxes in the back of the 200 section are corporate boxes and are owned (poo), but that there were boxes in the front of the 300 section available (on the right and left side). The boxes in the 300 section of the center are corporate as well. Meh well.

I just bought a box in the FRONT FUCKING ROW of Section 302!!!!! Amanda said it SEEMS far away but it's not AT ALL. And again, my box is in the very FRONT ROW!!! It was the last box available in the front row. NICE!!! =)

And even though I bought the box without hospitality, the people in my box have access to the VIP LOUNGE. HEY, MAYBE I'LL RUN INTO TOOL??? Haha =)

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!! =)

Last edited by fetisha; 07-19-2006 at 08:40 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #89

I'll be sure to swing by your box to collect my kiss.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #90
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I'll be sure to swing by your box to collect my kiss.
Haha =) Let me know if you need tickets!

I'm still going to try to buy tickets on Saturday though. I'm too paranoid since I don't have the box tickets physically in my hands, it's a back-up plan. I can always sell them afterwards.

Last edited by fetisha; 07-19-2006 at 09:46 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #91
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetisha
I COULD KISS YOU!!!

I just called Amanda and spoke with her (VERY nice lady). She said the boxes in the back of the 200 section are corporate boxes and are owned (poo), but that there were boxes in the front of the 300 section available (on the right and left side). The boxes in the 300 section of the center are corporate as well. Meh well.

I just bought a box in the FRONT FUCKING ROW of Section 302!!!!! Amanda said it SEEMS far away but it's not AT ALL. And again, my box is in the very FRONT ROW!!! It was the last box available in the front row. NICE!!! =)

And even though I bought the box without hospitality, the people in my box have access to the VIP LOUNGE. HEY, MAYBE I'LL RUN INTO TOOL??? Haha =)

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!! =)
So cool!

The people I'm going with were slow to answer for the box seats; and I feel that box seats arent worth it unless it's front row.

Since you got the last one, we'll just hope to score some awesome seats. =D
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #92
Level 3 - Talker

I hope this isn't going to sell out in seconds like the hummingbird center.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #93
Level 2 - Poster

Anybody know if it will be better to buy tix through HOB.com or ticketmaster.ca? Is there really any difference at all? Thanx.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #94

No difference. In fact, I'm quite certain that the HOB site will just link you to ticketmaster.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #95
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 51

I thought it was cute that your seating chart was lamenated since you have a tendency to get so drunk and not remember things. Teehee.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #96
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Hah...finally. This'll be my first time seeing them. I think I'm going to go for Section 200 seats.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #97
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

100's are GA - think about this:

Even if you are standing at the very back of the GA pit, you're still closer than the front row of 200's, and you won't be smushed. You get a seat to sit in, but who's gonna use that?? Plus you can haul ass and make your way to the front! It's all about the pit!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #98
Level 3 - Talker

Agreed, I'm definitely going for the pit.

Since my dad is away until Sunday with his credit card, and my friend's parents won't let him use theirs, we can't order off ticketmaster.ca, so we're going to go up to our local Sunrise Records (Ticketmaster outlet) at like 7am (even though tickets don't go onsale until 10am) to make sure we can get pit tickets (or at least I hope we can get them!)

What do all of you think the chances are of us getting pit tickets from a TM outlet?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #99
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

As far as I can tell it's just the luck of the draw. Most TM locations seem to use the random draw policy at 9am to determine line spaces, so it really doesn't matter how early you show up. I haven't lined up for anything at a TM outlet for a while so I don't know if this is necessarily the case, but you should check out how they're going to run it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #100
Level 3 - Talker

Alright, thanks Troutmask. Love the name and pic by the way (I'm a big Beefheart fan). I think I'm going to go down to Sunrise on Friday and see if they can "reserve me" two floor tickets, since I kind of know some of the people who work there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #101
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Haha, awesome, best of luck.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #102
Level 7 - Loquacious

blood_whOre - If u 'ave One frOm the HBrd shOw (and didn't nOtice) dO nOt, I repeat dO nOt use it as a table placemat - It is nOt laminated LoL! (nOt a bad idea thOugh) your entrepreneurial skillz r shOwing thrOugh ... BTW - Iz that Lily in yOur avatar

Q - Iz cute & lamination a good combination .... Hmmmmm

skip tracer - IMO, Aside from scoring good TIX from a fiend on the inside of course (As random as sales go) u would b better served making u'r puchase a different way - by the time u get to the counter (after all of the line placement BULLS**T + plain & simple slow progression of time that it takes) I'm afraid the pit (GA) TIX will b long gone

If that is your only option though I wish u luck & good fortune on what prevails

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 05:34 AM   #103
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm going to try buying over the phone for first time ever. It will be interesting when I get back and see all the post sale panic where everyone exclaims how they fared.
Good luck in advance all!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 06:56 AM   #104
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

the show i saw on the minitour was in a very small place, only about 2000-3000 seats and they sold out within a minute. how big is this place? shitty thing is my friend isnt sure if he will be able to go even though its on a saturday. he might have band work to do. im probably going to get tickets anyway, but he thinks his roomates might want to go too so i have no idea of how many tickets to get. it would be a great roadtrip to take, especially three days before my birthday. i also want to go to the Camden, NJ show since that is local, but the tickets go on sale at the same time i think. it would suck if i ended up with nothing at all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

Dammit, I'll be disappointed if I can't get pit tickets... think it's possible if I get, say, Level 200 tickets, to be able to sneak into the pit? If I'm caught, I could innocently say "I didn't know where I was going" Hehe.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #106
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Some douchebag is selling GA/Pit tickets on Ebay, claiming the GA tickets are sold out. Dickhead.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:42 AM   #107
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress
I'm going to try buying over the phone for first time ever. It will be interesting when I get back and see all the post sale panic where everyone exclaims how they fared.
Good luck in advance all!
Here's a thought. Why don't you try online and the phone? I would park myself in front of the computer and also have the phone in my hand. If you end up getting tickets faster online (and they're decent) and there's still a busy signal on the phone for Ticketmaster, then there you go.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #108
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetisha
Here's a thought. Why don't you try online and the phone? I would park myself in front of the computer and also have the phone in my hand. If you end up getting tickets faster online (and they're decent) and there's still a busy signal on the phone for Ticketmaster, then there you go.
Thanks for the advice! The problem is that I'm going to be up North (well actually down in Southern ON, but doing what people do up North) in a cabin with no computers nearby. Which totally sucks. So I'm afraid phone is my only option! I'm really hoping it works out. I do have a backup plan set up, so hopefully it works out for one of us. *crosses fingers*
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #109
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Dude just get a parent/relative/friend to buy them for you...
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 07:58 AM   #110
Level 9 - Obstreperous

"These tickets do not go on sale to the public until Saturday, how is it that you have these tickets and that the pit is sold out?"

I sent that to the ebay dude
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 08:05 AM   #111
Level 7 - Loquacious

skip tracer - Warning, there are red-shirted MOLSON AMP security at basically every level & section change to prevent ppl from wandering wherever they please

fetisha - Check out most of the TIX broker (Ahem ... bastard) sites, advance prep I guess, same shit as w/ any concerts (they know GA is going 2 b gone and they r guaranteed as having some back-door deal TIX to scalp)

OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #112
Level 3 - Talker

Hmmm... if I were to be caught, I'd innocently say "Sir, I didn't know where I was going!" Would they really kick a 14 year old completely out if he just claimed he "misread" his ticket or went in the wrong direction? Hahahaha
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #113
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress
Thanks for the advice! The problem is that I'm going to be up North (well actually down in Southern ON, but doing what people do up North) in a cabin with no computers nearby. Which totally sucks. So I'm afraid phone is my only option! I'm really hoping it works out. I do have a backup plan set up, so hopefully it works out for one of us. *crosses fingers*
Well, if worst comes to worst, I'm going to have some extra tickets to sell. Let me know how it goes. I won't have GA tickets though. I'm HOPING to get 200 Level tickets. I already bought a private box that is right behind the 200 section, but if I get tickets on Saturday for the 200 level, then I'm going to sell the private box tickets I have.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #114
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
skip tracer - Warning, there are red-shirted MOLSON AMP security at basically every level & section change to prevent ppl from wandering wherever they please

fetisha - Check out most of the TIX broker (Ahem ... bastard) sites, advance prep I guess, same shit as w/ any concerts (they know GA is going 2 b gone and they r guaranteed as having some back-door deal TIX to scalp)
Oh, I know, it's a bunch of bullshit. I work for a company that has a relationship with a few ticket brokers. They're reputable companies (as in no scams or fake tickets) but the prices are a shitload (of course).

If all else fails and I want primo seats, I'm going to contact our brokers. If it's for personal use, they will sell us tickets for the price they paid for them, instead of the mark up price. It will still be more than face value, but a lot less than what they would end up selling them for.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #115
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip tracer
Hmmm... if I were to be caught, I'd innocently say "Sir, I didn't know where I was going!" Would they really kick a 14 year old completely out if he just claimed he "misread" his ticket or went in the wrong direction? Hahahaha
I wouldn't take the risk my friend. I've seen some rough security at concerts and most of the time you don't get a second chance.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #116
Level 3 - Talker

Damn... then I hope I can get GA...
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #117
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

i just got a job in oshawa which will set me up nicely for this show.
funny how things work out sometimes.
good thing i got kicked outta school :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #118
Level 3 - Talker

That sucks Sobot. I'm going for 3 floors, I hope I can get them...
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #119
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Come to think of it, I've never purchased tickets online to a show right when they were going on sale.

So I'm thinking this: I just plop my ass in front of my computer at 9:55 AM, log into my account at Ticketmaster, find the page where the tickets for Toronto are going on sale and press the refresh button until 10:00 AM, when the tickets go on sale.

Is that pretty much the best way to do it? I will also have the phone in my hand at the same time to be on the safe side.

Paranoid? Hell yes =)
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #120
Level 3 - Talker

NO! Only refresh a few times!!!!! If you refresh too much (not sure if there is an exact number or not) Ticketmaster (those bastards!) block your IP!! (for how long, I'm not sure)

Be careful!
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: