Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
The Green Mule
08-03-2016, 05:00 AM

"When you pissed all over my black kettle." This is a difficult song to interpret because it could mean many and different things. I think the imagery used in the chorus however, especially the quoted line, is perfect to describe an indiscriminate targeting and an affliction that's been suffered. Carelessly pissing all over and hitting whoever might be in the way, the black kettle (i know.) Think of Trump and his critique of the Muslim couple who spoke at the DNC. He quizzed why the fallen soldier's mother didn't speak in what seemed more a criticism of the Muslim world, and the oppressive conditions over women. In doing so, he's created a whole whirlwind of controversy and the kettle is currently being drenched
Old 08-03-2016, 05:00 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Pissed all over

"When you pissed all over my black kettle." This is a difficult song to interpret because it could mean many and different things. I think the imagery used in the chorus however, especially the quoted line, is perfect to describe an indiscriminate targeting and an affliction that's been suffered. Carelessly pissing all over and hitting whoever might be in the way, the black kettle (i know.) Think of Trump and his critique of the Muslim couple who spoke at the DNC. He quizzed why the fallen soldier's mother didn't speak in what seemed more a criticism of the Muslim world, and the oppressive conditions over women. In doing so, he's created a whole whirlwind of controversy and the kettle is currently being drenched
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
The Green Mule
08-03-2016, 05:16 AM

It could bring down Trump's campaign! Is CCN the pot though for behaving in a manner such as Fox? Are the Muslim couple the pot because they were actually observing what's custom in the Islamic tradition? Or Is Trump truly the pot because he didn't address the issue properly and more specifically? I rest my case though
Old 08-03-2016, 05:16 AM   #2
On Probation

Re: Pissed all over

It could bring down Trump's campaign! Is CCN the pot though for behaving in a manner such as Fox? Are the Muslim couple the pot because they were actually observing what's custom in the Islamic tradition? Or Is Trump truly the pot because he didn't address the issue properly and more specifically? I rest my case though
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-03-2016, 06:00 PM

when's the last time tool sang about pissing on something?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

when's the last time tool sang about pissing on something?
08-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Can only think oh H., but that seems more a focus on the liquid substance, whereas The pot paints the image of a messy splash
Old 08-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
On Probation

Can only think oh H., but that seems more a focus on the liquid substance, whereas The pot paints the image of a messy splash
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-10-2016, 01:30 AM

"piss to wine"? no. not H.
"Its okay until he pisses on your lighter"
- the gaping lotus experience
Old 08-10-2016, 01:30 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

"piss to wine"? no. not H.
"Its okay until he pisses on your lighter"