Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-22-2010 at 10:03 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus
Aenema

Last edited by McRoggles; 06-22-2010 at 10:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
mrpresident
06-22-2010, 08:54 PM

Wow. Im floored. I totally didnt exPect what I just witnessed. This show was awesome. Opening with third eye....who do these guys think they are?!?! It was too epic. Maynard was so into the show and Dnny Carey, he was solid. Im tired, drunk, wont be home for another 3 hours and I have to be at work in 6. It was so worth it.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

Wow. Im floored. I totally didnt exPect what I just witnessed. This show was awesome. Opening with third eye....who do these guys think they are?!?! It was too epic. Maynard was so into the show and Dnny Carey, he was solid. Im tired, drunk, wont be home for another 3 hours and I have to be at work in 6. It was so worth it.
OFFLINE |  
pebkacJRF
06-22-2010, 09:09 PM

When I bought my floor ticket...I didnt think it would be seating. The entire floor was seating...wtf Cedar Park..this is a rock concert. The venue sound was piss poor aswell, but Maynard tried his best to sing clearly.

The new visuals were great, and the moving screens too. I was hoping to hear some new songs...still nothing. Maynard was quiet this show, and the band seemed tired or worn out.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

When I bought my floor ticket...I didnt think it would be seating. The entire floor was seating...wtf Cedar Park..this is a rock concert. The venue sound was piss poor aswell, but Maynard tried his best to sing clearly.

The new visuals were great, and the moving screens too. I was hoping to hear some new songs...still nothing. Maynard was quiet this show, and the band seemed tired or worn out.
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
06-22-2010, 09:11 PM

I feel bad for the previous poster. This was a very, very good Tool show. The acoustics were quite good, and the band certainly did not seem even remotely tired. They had fantastic energy. Maynard did sing quite well.

As for "the entire floor was seating"....it's been that way at 4 out of the 7 Tool concerts I've been to. Tool fans aren't the kind to mosh around like idiots. Why does it matter?

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 06-22-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

I feel bad for the previous poster. This was a very, very good Tool show. The acoustics were quite good, and the band certainly did not seem even remotely tired. They had fantastic energy. Maynard did sing quite well.

As for "the entire floor was seating"....it's been that way at 4 out of the 7 Tool concerts I've been to. Tool fans aren't the kind to mosh around like idiots. Why does it matter?

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 06-22-2010 at 09:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Eulogy33's Avatar Eulogy33
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM

OK..my fourth Tool show and i was NOT dissapointed at all. Had floor tickets like always and absolutely enjoyed everything.(my only complaint is not being able to see and being told to get down from my seat) The setlist was AMAZING..hearing such an incredible variety took my breath away. The visuals were stunning and the boys were on their A-game. Everyone around me was very into the show and made it even better. This was totally worth the 4 hour drive. Can't wait tilll the next time they come back to TX.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

OK..my fourth Tool show and i was NOT dissapointed at all. Had floor tickets like always and absolutely enjoyed everything.(my only complaint is not being able to see and being told to get down from my seat) The setlist was AMAZING..hearing such an incredible variety took my breath away. The visuals were stunning and the boys were on their A-game. Everyone around me was very into the show and made it even better. This was totally worth the 4 hour drive. Can't wait tilll the next time they come back to TX.
06-22-2010, 09:24 PM

You got it Prodigy. Tool is NOT about the mosh. It's about the musical genius. Sorry you didn't enjoy it peb... Perhaps you should learn a little more about the band as they REQUESTED floor seating. You want to mosh? Try Avengend Sevenfold or something. Tool is like Pink Floyd....sit down, shut up and listen to brilliance.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

You got it Prodigy. Tool is NOT about the mosh. It's about the musical genius. Sorry you didn't enjoy it peb... Perhaps you should learn a little more about the band as they REQUESTED floor seating. You want to mosh? Try Avengend Sevenfold or something. Tool is like Pink Floyd....sit down, shut up and listen to brilliance.
OFFLINE |  
06-22-2010, 09:31 PM

That's exactly right. One of the most amazing things about a Tool show is that they are a fairly heavy band, and yet when you look around the crowd a night like tonight, the most movement you see is some pretty subdued dancing. Why? Because everyone is LISTENING. I find that incredible, and it really is an indication of the band's greatness.

Also, to echo Eulogy, the setlist really was great. At the previous three shows I had been to ('07 and '09 tours), they played the exact same setlist all three times, and I was glad to see they changed it up a bit for this tour. Getting to hear older classics like Third Eye and Intolerance was really a treat. Third Eye is a really terrific concert opener, too.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

That's exactly right. One of the most amazing things about a Tool show is that they are a fairly heavy band, and yet when you look around the crowd a night like tonight, the most movement you see is some pretty subdued dancing. Why? Because everyone is LISTENING. I find that incredible, and it really is an indication of the band's greatness.

Also, to echo Eulogy, the setlist really was great. At the previous three shows I had been to ('07 and '09 tours), they played the exact same setlist all three times, and I was glad to see they changed it up a bit for this tour. Getting to hear older classics like Third Eye and Intolerance was really a treat. Third Eye is a really terrific concert opener, too.
OFFLINE |  
pebkacJRF
06-22-2010, 09:32 PM

I never said I wanted to mosh..I simply like being close to the stage. I've never been to a concert where there is seating on the floor directly in front of a stage....I found it quite odd.

Wow, you guys are really harsh and rude here. I'm giving my honest opinion about a band I love. I've seen them live for a long time, and tonight wasnt so great in my book

Last edited by pebkacJRF; 06-22-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I never said I wanted to mosh..I simply like being close to the stage. I've never been to a concert where there is seating on the floor directly in front of a stage....I found it quite odd.

Wow, you guys are really harsh and rude here. I'm giving my honest opinion about a band I love. I've seen them live for a long time, and tonight wasnt so great in my book

Last edited by pebkacJRF; 06-22-2010 at 09:34 PM..
OFFLINE |  
The_Maestro
06-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Before I went to this show... I told my girlfriend that I was going to check the setlists from the past 2 nights, and if they hadn't changed since last tour (or 2 tours) that we were going to sell our tickets.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I kept the faith that they would deliver... even after I bitched and moaned after last year's show.

When I heard Tim Leary's speech, I couldn't believe it. I was finally getting to experience Third Eye live. My faith in Tool was redeemed.

Intolerance and The Patient were nice surprises as well... plus the old standbys.

Overall 8/10. Very good show. Probably ranks 2nd or 3rd out of the 5 I've seen. Good energy from the band. An addition of either Opiate, Prison Sex, H., Hooker With A Penis, Parabola or Right in Two would have put it over the top... setlist is still a little too predictable. Waiting to see what they thrown in at Red Rocks.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Before I went to this show... I told my girlfriend that I was going to check the setlists from the past 2 nights, and if they hadn't changed since last tour (or 2 tours) that we were going to sell our tickets.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I kept the faith that they would deliver... even after I bitched and moaned after last year's show.

When I heard Tim Leary's speech, I couldn't believe it. I was finally getting to experience Third Eye live. My faith in Tool was redeemed.

Intolerance and The Patient were nice surprises as well... plus the old standbys.

Overall 8/10. Very good show. Probably ranks 2nd or 3rd out of the 5 I've seen. Good energy from the band. An addition of either Opiate, Prison Sex, H., Hooker With A Penis, Parabola or Right in Two would have put it over the top... setlist is still a little too predictable. Waiting to see what they thrown in at Red Rocks.
OFFLINE |  
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM

If you've seen them live "for a long time," I find it very surprising that you've "never been to a concert where there is seating on the floor in front of the stage." As mentioned above, the band generally requests that, and has done so for many years. It's only when the venue can't/won't do it (often because they want to charge more for true "pit" seats) that you don't have seats there.

And I really don't think anybody was rude to you at all. Nobody attacked you personally.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

If you've seen them live "for a long time," I find it very surprising that you've "never been to a concert where there is seating on the floor in front of the stage." As mentioned above, the band generally requests that, and has done so for many years. It's only when the venue can't/won't do it (often because they want to charge more for true "pit" seats) that you don't have seats there.

And I really don't think anybody was rude to you at all. Nobody attacked you personally.
OFFLINE |  
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus
Aenema
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Setlist:

Third Eye
Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Forty-Six & 2

Lateralus
Aenema
OFFLINE |  
nembutals
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM

If you purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster the page should have mentioned you were purchasing reserved seating tickets and not general admission. Sorry the show wasnt up to your expectations and you didnt get to move about on the floor but thats the way the band is doing things now with their arena shows apparently.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

If you purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster the page should have mentioned you were purchasing reserved seating tickets and not general admission. Sorry the show wasnt up to your expectations and you didnt get to move about on the floor but thats the way the band is doing things now with their arena shows apparently.
OFFLINE |  
cdk1974
06-22-2010, 09:40 PM

This is the best show I've seen since I saw tool and the flaming lips in Austin in 1993. And that one was only better because it was general admission. I was worried that this wouldn't be able to live up to the hype that I built up since it's been 9 year since I've seen them. Would go again tomorrow if I could. This band has evolved over the last 20 years as has it's more mature fans. Don't you realize how much of the show you would've missed if you were in a mosh pit. Youth is wasted on the young.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

This is the best show I've seen since I saw tool and the flaming lips in Austin in 1993. And that one was only better because it was general admission. I was worried that this wouldn't be able to live up to the hype that I built up since it's been 9 year since I've seen them. Would go again tomorrow if I could. This band has evolved over the last 20 years as has it's more mature fans. Don't you realize how much of the show you would've missed if you were in a mosh pit. Youth is wasted on the young.
OFFLINE |  
Eulogy33's Avatar Eulogy33
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub View Post

yea, it was pretty much the same setlist at the last 3 shows i attended as well, which made this show really lively and refreshing. Also, it seemed like security were playing nice because they werent really enforcing anything which is great.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub View Post

yea, it was pretty much the same setlist at the last 3 shows i attended as well, which made this show really lively and refreshing. Also, it seemed like security were playing nice because they werent really enforcing anything which is great.
06-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEnimaTOOLer View Post
Anyone care to post how much one of the Tour posters cost? Thanks!
it was $25 for the poster and $100 if you wanted the signed one, i got the $25 one.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
it was $25 for the poster and $100 if you wanted the signed one, i got the $25 one.
06-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Where I was sitting, the sound wasn't very good, or the vocals, to be more specific. Maynard can still SING, even scream, but I couldn't hear or understand it half the time. It wasn't as bad for me because I know all the songs by heart but my girlfriend was with me, and there were times where he was singing but you couldn't hear a thing. I noticed a few hiccups, seemed to be Adam a few times (messed up the end of Third Eye a bit, started Jambi kind of slow though that could be intentional, and a couple other parts just sounded wonky), but overall it was definitely a solid performance, especially from Danny and Maynard. I think Justin had some technical difficulties, I think I heard some strange noises during The Patient, he might have even stopped playing for a little while, and they seemed to take an extended break before Intolerance while some White Coats fixed whatever the problem was (though I'm just guessing what happened here, if anyone else knows more and would like to clarify that'd be cool). If anyone knows what Maynard was saying during that break (before he mentioned Time Travel especially) I'd like to know, I couldn't understand one thing he was saying because of the echo and the muddy vocals sound. I was a little disappointed to not get the long scream in Stinkfist that he had been doing the past few tours, but I'll live. Also, some guy in front of us spilled beer all over my girlfriends purse, that had both of our cell phones in it, so thanks for that.

But, after all that negativity, it really was a GREAT show, I'm just nitpicking (and the place being echo-y where I was and Justin possibly having tech troubles obviously aren't the band's fault. Just some ethings that took me out of the experience a little bit). This was my third time to see them, and probably the best, mainly because of the setlist, and when they were all ON tonight, they were great. I had tears in my eyes during Jambi because I was overwhelmed. I was originally going to sell my tickets tonight because I needed the money and the guy backed out last minute so I got to go. I was thinking I may never get to see them again, then bam, a couple days later there I was.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Where I was sitting, the sound wasn't very good, or the vocals, to be more specific. Maynard can still SING, even scream, but I couldn't hear or understand it half the time. It wasn't as bad for me because I know all the songs by heart but my girlfriend was with me, and there were times where he was singing but you couldn't hear a thing. I noticed a few hiccups, seemed to be Adam a few times (messed up the end of Third Eye a bit, started Jambi kind of slow though that could be intentional, and a couple other parts just sounded wonky), but overall it was definitely a solid performance, especially from Danny and Maynard. I think Justin had some technical difficulties, I think I heard some strange noises during The Patient, he might have even stopped playing for a little while, and they seemed to take an extended break before Intolerance while some White Coats fixed whatever the problem was (though I'm just guessing what happened here, if anyone else knows more and would like to clarify that'd be cool). If anyone knows what Maynard was saying during that break (before he mentioned Time Travel especially) I'd like to know, I couldn't understand one thing he was saying because of the echo and the muddy vocals sound. I was a little disappointed to not get the long scream in Stinkfist that he had been doing the past few tours, but I'll live. Also, some guy in front of us spilled beer all over my girlfriends purse, that had both of our cell phones in it, so thanks for that.

But, after all that negativity, it really was a GREAT show, I'm just nitpicking (and the place being echo-y where I was and Justin possibly having tech troubles obviously aren't the band's fault. Just some ethings that took me out of the experience a little bit). This was my third time to see them, and probably the best, mainly because of the setlist, and when they were all ON tonight, they were great. I had tears in my eyes during Jambi because I was overwhelmed. I was originally going to sell my tickets tonight because I needed the money and the guy backed out last minute so I got to go. I was thinking I may never get to see them again, then bam, a couple days later there I was.
OFFLINE |  
jinbug
06-22-2010, 10:55 PM

What an amazing show! So much energy... better than San Antonio in '09. I bought obstructed view seats that Ticketmaster released a couple days ago... and was afraid we'd be stuck behind a wall of speakers. But they ended up being right next to the stage, on Justin's side. I kept rechecking my ticket, thinking that there must've been a mistake... had to have been karma from some other lifetime...

I took some pics before the security goons shined their kleig-pen lights up at us and threatened to kick us out. I tried to get Maynard's killer rabbit slippers, but they're pretty grainy shots, from my phone. http://www.flickr.com/photos/51383948@N02/

Did anyone get the Tool/Cedar Park shirt? They were out by the time we made it to the front of the merch line, & out of the non-signed posters, too.

It was just a gorgeous night. The crowd was into it, the band seemed relaxed, and it really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Adam even laughed when he turned around early on (it looked like when he saw the slippers, but who knows?). I haven't been young since the Reagan Administration, but for a while tonight, I didn't feel old. It was just cathartic, I guess.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

What an amazing show! So much energy... better than San Antonio in '09. I bought obstructed view seats that Ticketmaster released a couple days ago... and was afraid we'd be stuck behind a wall of speakers. But they ended up being right next to the stage, on Justin's side. I kept rechecking my ticket, thinking that there must've been a mistake... had to have been karma from some other lifetime...

I took some pics before the security goons shined their kleig-pen lights up at us and threatened to kick us out. I tried to get Maynard's killer rabbit slippers, but they're pretty grainy shots, from my phone. http://www.flickr.com/photos/51383948@N02/

Did anyone get the Tool/Cedar Park shirt? They were out by the time we made it to the front of the merch line, & out of the non-signed posters, too.

It was just a gorgeous night. The crowd was into it, the band seemed relaxed, and it really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Adam even laughed when he turned around early on (it looked like when he saw the slippers, but who knows?). I haven't been young since the Reagan Administration, but for a while tonight, I didn't feel old. It was just cathartic, I guess.
OFFLINE |  
81/350
06-22-2010, 11:04 PM

first of all i've gotta say about wovenhand that they did not completely suck. stupid usher put us on second row at first when our seats were in back of section. i knew that shit was too good to last. but i got to watch wovenhand really closely. strange sound but not as bad as some i've seen. then again it's not fair what i think because i'm there to see tool and whoever is opening is not tool so go away. but this was not the worst tool opener i've seen. they german? (haven't looked them up) what was that lute/lyre stringed instrument he was playing on that one song? it was cool

dude i've seen tool 9 times now and this was a fucking awesome show, but not my new number 1. more like 3 or 4.
but i was on the floor for the first time at a tool show and it was amazing. (so that's what it's like) but i think the place to be would have been in the stands here. it was so small the power of the music would've just smashed u against the wall. on the floor the power or energy of the music maybe over my head so to speak and i want i to hit me square on in the chest for lack of a better description. but i am NOT complaining tho what a fucking great experience.

i will just say real quick fuck the naysayers from last years tour, but i understand their beef. it was the same setlist for a while but i could've watched that same show every night and been completely satisfied. and dallas in specific last year was the second best tool show i've personally ever been to and i was five rows from the roof. that shit rocked tho. and as for what they said about maynard not being into the shows, maybe they were right but the shows still rocked and that's what counts. tonite tho mjk seemed pretty into it. nice to see him mobile. coming to front of stage taking pix with phone. tight.

but to quote kanaduh from the other day: THEY FUCKING OPENED WITH THIRD EYE! extended and live- legit! One highlight fo sho.
seems like all of the energy of that amazing opener tapped the band out for a little cuz jambi stinkfist and vicarious seemed slightly less energetic as shows past, but that's just an observation not a complaint cuz they still rocked my shit. i love jambi live and the extended part of stinkfist- well i almost can't listen to the album version anymore cuz of that extension- amazing. vicarious, one of my less favorite tool songs, but EXCELLENT live, even without as much energy. seemed like the vocals were a bit low but it always seems that way to me on this song. part of y it's not so high up there for me.

it was so nice to see eon blue and the patient back in the mix after 8 years. and even tho it's not as fast paced or intense as say, jambi, it seems to me that this is where the band caught their second wind and they rocked that version tonite.

intolerance live and extended was the highlight of the night for me. WOW! First time to see that song. great stuff.

schism- great. love that sped up part in the middle
46&2 one of my favorites anyway so watching danny shred is always a treat.

lateralus was perfect tonite. weird seeing that short of a version tho. but i think i liked it better without somebody else taking away from danny's drumming. DC is a monster. go dude.

Really amazing rendition of aenema tonite. again not my fav tool song, but tonite's version blew me away.

the lights and screen show were new and improved. awesome job junior and crew

i love this band. thank u guys for an amazing show and twenty plus years of awesome music.

Last edited by 81/350; 06-23-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

first of all i've gotta say about wovenhand that they did not completely suck. stupid usher put us on second row at first when our seats were in back of section. i knew that shit was too good to last. but i got to watch wovenhand really closely. strange sound but not as bad as some i've seen. then again it's not fair what i think because i'm there to see tool and whoever is opening is not tool so go away. but this was not the worst tool opener i've seen. they german? (haven't looked them up) what was that lute/lyre stringed instrument he was playing on that one song? it was cool

dude i've seen tool 9 times now and this was a fucking awesome show, but not my new number 1. more like 3 or 4.
but i was on the floor for the first time at a tool show and it was amazing. (so that's what it's like) but i think the place to be would have been in the stands here. it was so small the power of the music would've just smashed u against the wall. on the floor the power or energy of the music maybe over my head so to speak and i want i to hit me square on in the chest for lack of a better description. but i am NOT complaining tho what a fucking great experience.

i will just say real quick fuck the naysayers from last years tour, but i understand their beef. it was the same setlist for a while but i could've watched that same show every night and been completely satisfied. and dallas in specific last year was the second best tool show i've personally ever been to and i was five rows from the roof. that shit rocked tho. and as for what they said about maynard not being into the shows, maybe they were right but the shows still rocked and that's what counts. tonite tho mjk seemed pretty into it. nice to see him mobile. coming to front of stage taking pix with phone. tight.

but to quote kanaduh from the other day: THEY FUCKING OPENED WITH THIRD EYE! extended and live- legit! One highlight fo sho.
seems like all of the energy of that amazing opener tapped the band out for a little cuz jambi stinkfist and vicarious seemed slightly less energetic as shows past, but that's just an observation not a complaint cuz they still rocked my shit. i love jambi live and the extended part of stinkfist- well i almost can't listen to the album version anymore cuz of that extension- amazing. vicarious, one of my less favorite tool songs, but EXCELLENT live, even without as much energy. seemed like the vocals were a bit low but it always seems that way to me on this song. part of y it's not so high up there for me.

it was so nice to see eon blue and the patient back in the mix after 8 years. and even tho it's not as fast paced or intense as say, jambi, it seems to me that this is where the band caught their second wind and they rocked that version tonite.

intolerance live and extended was the highlight of the night for me. WOW! First time to see that song. great stuff.

schism- great. love that sped up part in the middle
46&2 one of my favorites anyway so watching danny shred is always a treat.

lateralus was perfect tonite. weird seeing that short of a version tho. but i think i liked it better without somebody else taking away from danny's drumming. DC is a monster. go dude.

Really amazing rendition of aenema tonite. again not my fav tool song, but tonite's version blew me away.

the lights and screen show were new and improved. awesome job junior and crew

i love this band. thank u guys for an amazing show and twenty plus years of awesome music.

Last edited by 81/350; 06-23-2010 at 07:16 AM..
OFFLINE |  
mattdiggsit
06-22-2010, 11:12 PM

I didn't think it was quite as good as the houston show a few days ago. There were times
When it didn't sound right. Muffled lyrics and whatnot.

The crowd looked like a bunch of normal lookin college kids. Didn't seem like many people were singin along. Pretty evident during stinkfist.

Could be just me but I thought maynard may have been a little tipsy. He kinda stumbled his way thru the time travelling routine.oh yeah, he had on mickey mouse sized shoes.

Security was crazy, like policemen, and they kept dragging off people who were puffin. All in all it was a great show. Just made it back to dallas.

Oh yeah, one more thing. For houston and austin, I noticed large recording mics on both sides above the soundboards. I'm thinkin they record a lot of their shows. That's why they don't want anyone else recording them. They know if they can keep em special, they can make more money off of em later on when they're too old to tour or tired of it.

Last edited by mattdiggsit; 06-22-2010 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: forgot somethin
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

I didn't think it was quite as good as the houston show a few days ago. There were times
When it didn't sound right. Muffled lyrics and whatnot.

The crowd looked like a bunch of normal lookin college kids. Didn't seem like many people were singin along. Pretty evident during stinkfist.

Could be just me but I thought maynard may have been a little tipsy. He kinda stumbled his way thru the time travelling routine.oh yeah, he had on mickey mouse sized shoes.

Security was crazy, like policemen, and they kept dragging off people who were puffin. All in all it was a great show. Just made it back to dallas.

Oh yeah, one more thing. For houston and austin, I noticed large recording mics on both sides above the soundboards. I'm thinkin they record a lot of their shows. That's why they don't want anyone else recording them. They know if they can keep em special, they can make more money off of em later on when they're too old to tour or tired of it.

Last edited by mattdiggsit; 06-22-2010 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: forgot somethin
OFFLINE |  
mr_fang
06-22-2010, 11:27 PM

If anyone recorded audio or video of the show, please send me a PM!

I agree that the sound at the venue was subpar, but the show was still pretty solid. Third Eye with the old Timothy Leary intro was wonderful.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

If anyone recorded audio or video of the show, please send me a PM!

I agree that the sound at the venue was subpar, but the show was still pretty solid. Third Eye with the old Timothy Leary intro was wonderful.
OFFLINE |  
EmbraceTdOxOmL's Avatar EmbraceTdOxOmL
06-22-2010, 11:53 PM

i bought a ticket to this show this morning and for some reason thought it was tomorrow. i found out when a few dudes came into the bar i was hangin out at and started talking about the show. I FUCKING MISSED IT!!! im such an idiot!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 136

i bought a ticket to this show this morning and for some reason thought it was tomorrow. i found out when a few dudes came into the bar i was hangin out at and started talking about the show. I FUCKING MISSED IT!!! im such an idiot!
06-23-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTdOxOmL View Post
What a horrible deal. =\
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
What a horrible deal. =\
06-23-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphrared View Post
What a horrible deal. =\
i just wanna curl up in a dark closet and cry for a few days.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enphrared View Post
What a horrible deal. =\
i just wanna curl up in a dark closet and cry for a few days.
06-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Dude- I would have bought this ticket. I drove up from Houston with my buddy riding at the last minute. Was PLANNING on buying some tix from a guy on Craigslist...then he totally went rogue right before we got there. Ended up seeing 1 scalper outside after the show had started (by the way left Houston at 7:15 in traffic on the west loop, ended up in Austin turning on 183 at 9:15. Got to the venue around 9:35. Hauled f'n A!)....back to the scalper: he had ONE ticket for sale in section 118, Row D, seat 14. It was a great seat. Pretty much the same seats that I had for Houston. Well my buddy couldn't find one ticket for sale at that time, so I had him meet up with me outside the smoking deck. Gave him my ticket, he went with someone to blaze up for a minute, then made it in with the ticket I bought and handed him ("yeah they didn't scan it on the way out")!!! Also, this was his first Tool show- my 5th.

Out of 2002 (Lateralus tour in Dallas), 2006 (Woodlands), 2009 (San Antonio), & the Houston show prior days before, this was probably the tops. Sound was EXCELLENT...FAR SUPERIOR to that of the Toyota Center in Houston. The sound pressure levels in Houston were SO DOWN, I ended up passing out during some of the set (then again that could have been the combination of muscle relaxers & alcohol). So tonight's show was a sober show and it was very, VERY pleasant. I went from thinking- hell yeah I'm just gonna go see Tool tonight to driving up there to finding out that 2 of us wouldn't be able to get in to rocking the PHUCK OUT with some GREAT fans. Even though it was the same set, I definitely feel that Danny was more powerful and the songs trumped Houston's versions. I dunno- maybe it was just my mind at the time. Maynard had a little less to say this evening, but when it was all over: the Austin crowd definitely gave a better ovation and praise in the end than Houston did. I guess the fact that it was on Sunday might've had something to do with that. (NO MORE SUNDAY SHOWS. EVER! GOT THAT GUYS/Management!?)

As far as this guy goes: damn, that sucks- wish I could've gotten that extra ticket. I feel really horrible that you didn't get to go...but didn't you look on the ticket to see that it was for today???!

Quote:
edit: damn that drive back will suck the everlasting life out of you. going to Austin and back and watching Tool do the powerful shit they do- all within a matter of a few hours will put your head in a weird place. good stuff though, very pleased with myself that I acted upon thinking.

Last edited by RainchilDrummer; 06-23-2010 at 12:41 AM..
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Dude- I would have bought this ticket. I drove up from Houston with my buddy riding at the last minute. Was PLANNING on buying some tix from a guy on Craigslist...then he totally went rogue right before we got there. Ended up seeing 1 scalper outside after the show had started (by the way left Houston at 7:15 in traffic on the west loop, ended up in Austin turning on 183 at 9:15. Got to the venue around 9:35. Hauled f'n A!)....back to the scalper: he had ONE ticket for sale in section 118, Row D, seat 14. It was a great seat. Pretty much the same seats that I had for Houston. Well my buddy couldn't find one ticket for sale at that time, so I had him meet up with me outside the smoking deck. Gave him my ticket, he went with someone to blaze up for a minute, then made it in with the ticket I bought and handed him ("yeah they didn't scan it on the way out")!!! Also, this was his first Tool show- my 5th.

Out of 2002 (Lateralus tour in Dallas), 2006 (Woodlands), 2009 (San Antonio), & the Houston show prior days before, this was probably the tops. Sound was EXCELLENT...FAR SUPERIOR to that of the Toyota Center in Houston. The sound pressure levels in Houston were SO DOWN, I ended up passing out during some of the set (then again that could have been the combination of muscle relaxers & alcohol). So tonight's show was a sober show and it was very, VERY pleasant. I went from thinking- hell yeah I'm just gonna go see Tool tonight to driving up there to finding out that 2 of us wouldn't be able to get in to rocking the PHUCK OUT with some GREAT fans. Even though it was the same set, I definitely feel that Danny was more powerful and the songs trumped Houston's versions. I dunno- maybe it was just my mind at the time. Maynard had a little less to say this evening, but when it was all over: the Austin crowd definitely gave a better ovation and praise in the end than Houston did. I guess the fact that it was on Sunday might've had something to do with that. (NO MORE SUNDAY SHOWS. EVER! GOT THAT GUYS/Management!?)

As far as this guy goes: damn, that sucks- wish I could've gotten that extra ticket. I feel really horrible that you didn't get to go...but didn't you look on the ticket to see that it was for today???!

Quote:
edit: damn that drive back will suck the everlasting life out of you. going to Austin and back and watching Tool do the powerful shit they do- all within a matter of a few hours will put your head in a weird place. good stuff though, very pleased with myself that I acted upon thinking.

Last edited by RainchilDrummer; 06-23-2010 at 12:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Bushkin
06-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Oh. My. God. That was absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. Fifth time to see Tool. Best show of them all. hands down. First of all, I dosed my vessel heavily with lsd. SO i was completely prepared. Great energy. Wovenhand was brilliant. did not see that coming. Opened with third eye. glory. The patient. are you kidding me? brilliant. absolutely the most beautiful experience of my life. Tool did hiccup. but it was beautiful. When Maynard walked around and gave his band mates that smug high five at the end? holy shit. that was classic. While Wovenhand was playing (did i mention how awesome they were?!?!) In my absolutely-beside-myself-high-on-acid state i decided to give my friend a hundred dollar bill to go and get me the signed event poster.. my hand was shaking i wanted that signed poster so bad. and i got THE LAST ONE. True story. My entire life i have wanted to trip balls on acid at a tool concert. Tonight my life's dream came true. Tool did not let me down. not even a little bit. That was absolutely the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. The visuals were sensational. and i got the last signed event poster to remember always how beautiful it was. To finish such a lovely evening i opened a bottle of Caduceus' Primer Paso 2006 that i've had sitting on my desk since i bought it at Maynard's cellars in Arizona on my way to see Puscifer's first performance at the pearl in las vegas. True story. Life is good. Thank you Tool. I love you.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Oh. My. God. That was absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. Fifth time to see Tool. Best show of them all. hands down. First of all, I dosed my vessel heavily with lsd. SO i was completely prepared. Great energy. Wovenhand was brilliant. did not see that coming. Opened with third eye. glory. The patient. are you kidding me? brilliant. absolutely the most beautiful experience of my life. Tool did hiccup. but it was beautiful. When Maynard walked around and gave his band mates that smug high five at the end? holy shit. that was classic. While Wovenhand was playing (did i mention how awesome they were?!?!) In my absolutely-beside-myself-high-on-acid state i decided to give my friend a hundred dollar bill to go and get me the signed event poster.. my hand was shaking i wanted that signed poster so bad. and i got THE LAST ONE. True story. My entire life i have wanted to trip balls on acid at a tool concert. Tonight my life's dream came true. Tool did not let me down. not even a little bit. That was absolutely the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. The visuals were sensational. and i got the last signed event poster to remember always how beautiful it was. To finish such a lovely evening i opened a bottle of Caduceus' Primer Paso 2006 that i've had sitting on my desk since i bought it at Maynard's cellars in Arizona on my way to see Puscifer's first performance at the pearl in las vegas. True story. Life is good. Thank you Tool. I love you.
OFFLINE |  
plexus's Avatar plexus
06-23-2010, 02:44 AM

8th show.
fucking awesome
third eye=die happy
intolerance.... fuck... i new it was coming, but i didnt think it would affect me so much.
Floor 1 Row O Seat 6.
loved the seat.
loved the venue
loved the new LED screens.
loved the songs.
the patient.
Awesome.

...lasers.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

8th show.
fucking awesome
third eye=die happy
intolerance.... fuck... i new it was coming, but i didnt think it would affect me so much.
Floor 1 Row O Seat 6.
loved the seat.
loved the venue
loved the new LED screens.
loved the songs.
the patient.
Awesome.

...lasers.
OFFLINE |  
plexus's Avatar plexus
06-23-2010, 02:45 AM

oh, and maynard's... um was it fuzzy crocodile slippers?
and my friend that i ran into after the show got the fucking setlist!?! goddamn
im gonna get a photocopy of it.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

oh, and maynard's... um was it fuzzy crocodile slippers?
and my friend that i ran into after the show got the fucking setlist!?! goddamn
im gonna get a photocopy of it.
OFFLINE |  
dave-tx
06-23-2010, 05:42 AM

9th or 10th show, haven't counted lately. This ranks toward the top, maybe third best.

I was one of those critical of the 2009 tour, particularly of Maynard (and I still stand by my criticisms), but they put all of that into distant memory with last night's show. Amazing setlist, and I'm glad I didn't peek at the previous setlists - what a fucking delightful surprise to have a Third Eye opener. It looked like the entire band was having a really good time and the performance echoed that.

I really appreciated the three additions to the setlist - the anticipation of "what's coming next?" was one thing that I sorely missed from last year's shows.

The sound was quite good from where I was sitting. The lighting was absolutely amazing. Junior and his crew did a great job. Not to be a kiss-ass, but they're really doing top-shelf work, and what I saw last night might be the best I've seen from them.

Wovenhand was pretty good. Reading reviews, I'm not sure I'd enjoy their CDs based on lyrical content (to each his own, just not the subject matter I'm interested in), but they put on a solid performance that folks sitting near me seemed to enjoy.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

9th or 10th show, haven't counted lately. This ranks toward the top, maybe third best.

I was one of those critical of the 2009 tour, particularly of Maynard (and I still stand by my criticisms), but they put all of that into distant memory with last night's show. Amazing setlist, and I'm glad I didn't peek at the previous setlists - what a fucking delightful surprise to have a Third Eye opener. It looked like the entire band was having a really good time and the performance echoed that.

I really appreciated the three additions to the setlist - the anticipation of "what's coming next?" was one thing that I sorely missed from last year's shows.

The sound was quite good from where I was sitting. The lighting was absolutely amazing. Junior and his crew did a great job. Not to be a kiss-ass, but they're really doing top-shelf work, and what I saw last night might be the best I've seen from them.

Wovenhand was pretty good. Reading reviews, I'm not sure I'd enjoy their CDs based on lyrical content (to each his own, just not the subject matter I'm interested in), but they put on a solid performance that folks sitting near me seemed to enjoy.
OFFLINE |  
Merkabarixxx's Avatar Merkabarixxx
06-23-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobigot View Post
i am giving up my red rocks tickets because you can't mosh at red rocks. who wants free tickets for next week?
Shoot me a e-mail @........ [email protected] you're serious.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobigot View Post
i am giving up my red rocks tickets because you can't mosh at red rocks. who wants free tickets for next week?
OFFLINE |  
Laddermalice
06-23-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabarixxx View Post

Really?... I mean, REALLY?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkabarixxx View Post

Really?... I mean, REALLY?
OFFLINE |  
deetonisblack's Avatar deetonisblack
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM

Every time they have played Minnesota in the past, with the exception of a show they did at a theatre of ours, it has been general admission floor. So much fun. I'm a little bummed that it will not be a general admission floor on this run around, but I don't care. I LOVE TOOL!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Every time they have played Minnesota in the past, with the exception of a show they did at a theatre of ours, it has been general admission floor. So much fun. I'm a little bummed that it will not be a general admission floor on this run around, but I don't care. I LOVE TOOL!!!!
06-23-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
$25 unsigned
$100 signed
goodluck getting either
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #32
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
$25 unsigned
$100 signed
goodluck getting either
OFFLINE |  
nedak's Avatar nedak
06-23-2010, 07:54 AM

How much for the special addition shirts?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

How much for the special addition shirts?
OFFLINE |  
skillet
06-23-2010, 08:02 AM

First, I'm a fan of Woven Hand and I've been trying to catch one of their shows for almost 2 years now and have never managed to do so. When I saw who the opener was in the NOLA and Houston reviews, I immediately stuck to the ceiling. Woven Hand isn't for everyone, but I can assure you, they're highly respected in the music scene and have been around a long time -- if you enjoyed them, also look into 16 Horsepower (David Eugene Edwards' previous band -- he's the singer/songwriter of WH).

Second... Tool kicked ass. Wow. I was Section 1 on the floor, Row K, directly in front of Adam (one of my favorite guitarists, so that was an added treat). This was my... um, well, I'm somewhere up in the mid-teens for shows attended going back to the tail-end of their Undertow tour, I've officially lost count. This would've easily been a Top 3 show for me if the sound had been better (Maynard was muffled and Adam was way too trebly with too little low-end crunch). Woven Hand sounded great, so I don't think it was the acoustics, I just think Tool's sound guy needed to make some adjustments after the show started and failed to do so. It happens, thankfully it wasn't to an extent it ruined the show.

I loved the set list. To hear 'Intolerance' again live after so long was great, and they nailed it. I really enjoyed the extended editions of certain songs as well as the minor tweaks to old stand-bys.

I thought the energy overall was great; everyone around me was very much into the show, and the band seemed to be as well. It was nice to see them bring back the Lateralus-era side screens with great visuals. Those moving screens they had above the stage were very cool, I especially liked it when they would come down behind Adam and Justin (talk about having to worry about missing your cues, heh -- "So... Justin... listen man you might want to ease off on the beer, mmkay? Cuz if you step back at the wrong time, well... ouch" -- loved Justin's beer bottle salute during 'Lateralus' to the people in the 'obstructed view' area -right next to him-, you guys scored with those seats; I'd love to be able to see Danny play an entire show from that angle).

BTW, concerning Maynard's slippers, they were the Monty Python Killer Bunny slippers -- you can find them at ThinkGeek, I've owned a pair for a few years (they run small, so if you order a pair, get a size bigger than you normally would). It would've killed if they had busted out 'Disgustipated' live while he was wearing those. "Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers! Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah?"

Going to see them again tonight in OKC, really looking forward to it, though not to another night of driving, heh. Need food, need sleep, then more Tool.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

First, I'm a fan of Woven Hand and I've been trying to catch one of their shows for almost 2 years now and have never managed to do so. When I saw who the opener was in the NOLA and Houston reviews, I immediately stuck to the ceiling. Woven Hand isn't for everyone, but I can assure you, they're highly respected in the music scene and have been around a long time -- if you enjoyed them, also look into 16 Horsepower (David Eugene Edwards' previous band -- he's the singer/songwriter of WH).

Second... Tool kicked ass. Wow. I was Section 1 on the floor, Row K, directly in front of Adam (one of my favorite guitarists, so that was an added treat). This was my... um, well, I'm somewhere up in the mid-teens for shows attended going back to the tail-end of their Undertow tour, I've officially lost count. This would've easily been a Top 3 show for me if the sound had been better (Maynard was muffled and Adam was way too trebly with too little low-end crunch). Woven Hand sounded great, so I don't think it was the acoustics, I just think Tool's sound guy needed to make some adjustments after the show started and failed to do so. It happens, thankfully it wasn't to an extent it ruined the show.

I loved the set list. To hear 'Intolerance' again live after so long was great, and they nailed it. I really enjoyed the extended editions of certain songs as well as the minor tweaks to old stand-bys.

I thought the energy overall was great; everyone around me was very much into the show, and the band seemed to be as well. It was nice to see them bring back the Lateralus-era side screens with great visuals. Those moving screens they had above the stage were very cool, I especially liked it when they would come down behind Adam and Justin (talk about having to worry about missing your cues, heh -- "So... Justin... listen man you might want to ease off on the beer, mmkay? Cuz if you step back at the wrong time, well... ouch" -- loved Justin's beer bottle salute during 'Lateralus' to the people in the 'obstructed view' area -right next to him-, you guys scored with those seats; I'd love to be able to see Danny play an entire show from that angle).

BTW, concerning Maynard's slippers, they were the Monty Python Killer Bunny slippers -- you can find them at ThinkGeek, I've owned a pair for a few years (they run small, so if you order a pair, get a size bigger than you normally would). It would've killed if they had busted out 'Disgustipated' live while he was wearing those. "Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers! Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah?"

Going to see them again tonight in OKC, really looking forward to it, though not to another night of driving, heh. Need food, need sleep, then more Tool.
OFFLINE |  
PhilfromAustin
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM

This was my favorite Tool show.

The sound was extremely forceful. Great acoustics. I let somebody take a few drags off my joint, so he invited me to his suite upstairs. Great view, free drinks, fun times.

Third Eye was very sick. Very intense. If theres one thing this band is impeccable at, it's creating a sense of urgency with each song. Danny Carey went absolutely crazy during this song.

This was my 6th or 7th Tool show, and I have never heard Carey go so crazy. Last tour, I was familiar with 90% of the fills he was using, and they were easily identifiable. This time...wow, he was pulling amazing new stuff left and right. Cedar Park got a drum solo in the middle of Lateralus, too. Some say that the drum solos create a disconnect with the song. I disagree. Danny was able to masterfully paint a beginning an end with his solo to where everything just flowed right into his high hat tapping that starts the interlude.

There were a few flubs here and there. Maynard missed his "PRYING OPEN.." queue after the extended ending (which was amazing). He pulled it together, however, and I'm sure no one minded. I honestly think he was zoned out and totally enthralled like everyone else that was listening. Also, in The Patient, Justin's sound was turned off pretty much, so I guess you could say we got an extended intro...lol. You could feel the panic rising with Justin, as he got frustrated and didn't understand what was wrong. Then a tech guy ran and plugged something back in. The intro lasted maybe 30-45 more seconds than normal. Sure enough, Danny and co. were able to hold it together. The end of The Patient is pure bliss with Adams screeching guitar harmonics!

Intolerance was amazing. The extension was much appreciated. One thing i'd like to again note, is how crazy Danny went on all of these little extension parts. There was a time where I felt the big guy was starting to get old, his speed and stamina dropping somewhat. Let me just say that this guy is back to Demigod status. No joke.

The intermission was great, as always. If anyone has any idea where that Sacred Geometry art can be obtained, let me know. Its beautiful.

I think Maynard said something like, "It'll be fine...unless you're stupid." lol He also gave a very warm, "Thank you Texas." I have no idea what he said right before Aenima but he said it with a rowdy "Lets Party!" tone of voice then jumped into the song. He sounded like he was having fun.

I can't express enough how awesome Third Eye was. It was unbelievably intense... Adam's solos with Danny's fills were just like them talking in a conversation, letting us listen in.

Go to this show.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

This was my favorite Tool show.

The sound was extremely forceful. Great acoustics. I let somebody take a few drags off my joint, so he invited me to his suite upstairs. Great view, free drinks, fun times.

Third Eye was very sick. Very intense. If theres one thing this band is impeccable at, it's creating a sense of urgency with each song. Danny Carey went absolutely crazy during this song.

This was my 6th or 7th Tool show, and I have never heard Carey go so crazy. Last tour, I was familiar with 90% of the fills he was using, and they were easily identifiable. This time...wow, he was pulling amazing new stuff left and right. Cedar Park got a drum solo in the middle of Lateralus, too. Some say that the drum solos create a disconnect with the song. I disagree. Danny was able to masterfully paint a beginning an end with his solo to where everything just flowed right into his high hat tapping that starts the interlude.

There were a few flubs here and there. Maynard missed his "PRYING OPEN.." queue after the extended ending (which was amazing). He pulled it together, however, and I'm sure no one minded. I honestly think he was zoned out and totally enthralled like everyone else that was listening. Also, in The Patient, Justin's sound was turned off pretty much, so I guess you could say we got an extended intro...lol. You could feel the panic rising with Justin, as he got frustrated and didn't understand what was wrong. Then a tech guy ran and plugged something back in. The intro lasted maybe 30-45 more seconds than normal. Sure enough, Danny and co. were able to hold it together. The end of The Patient is pure bliss with Adams screeching guitar harmonics!

Intolerance was amazing. The extension was much appreciated. One thing i'd like to again note, is how crazy Danny went on all of these little extension parts. There was a time where I felt the big guy was starting to get old, his speed and stamina dropping somewhat. Let me just say that this guy is back to Demigod status. No joke.

The intermission was great, as always. If anyone has any idea where that Sacred Geometry art can be obtained, let me know. Its beautiful.

I think Maynard said something like, "It'll be fine...unless you're stupid." lol He also gave a very warm, "Thank you Texas." I have no idea what he said right before Aenima but he said it with a rowdy "Lets Party!" tone of voice then jumped into the song. He sounded like he was having fun.

I can't express enough how awesome Third Eye was. It was unbelievably intense... Adam's solos with Danny's fills were just like them talking in a conversation, letting us listen in.

Go to this show.
OFFLINE |  
PhilfromAustin
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6261/toolshirt.jpg

There is a better picture of the Black limited edition shirt.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6261/toolshirt.jpg

There is a better picture of the Black limited edition shirt.
OFFLINE |  
MJudge's Avatar MJudge
06-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinbug View Post

Awesome pics! thanks for sharing them
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinbug View Post

Awesome pics! thanks for sharing them
* 8/18/1998-Thomas & Mack Center | UNLV , Las Vegas,NV.
* 8/3/2001-Red Rocks Amphitheater | Morrison, CO.
* 10/11/2002-Coors Events Center | University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
* 5/5/2006-The(original)Joint | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 9/1/2006-Theater Under the Stars | The Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/27/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 4/28/2007-The Pearl at The Palms | Las Vegas, NV.
* 7/16/2010-Planet Hollywood Theater | Las Vegas, NV.
* 1/15/2012-Mandalay Bay | Las Vegas, NV.
OFFLINE |  
withSpirit
06-23-2010, 10:38 AM

For those who have not seen them yet on this tour, or for those who are on the fence about buying a ticket, let me tell you the only thing you really need to know: Maynard still has it.

For the past year on these forums, I have talked a lot of shit about Maynard's voice, because quite frankly it did not sound good at all in '09. I said he was old. I said he couldn't sing their older songs anymore. I said he wasn't into Tool anymore.

I was wrong.

His voice was mixed loud, it was CRYSTAL clear (the acoustics/mix were phenomenal), and he was SPOT on key for the entire show. He nailed the climax during The Patient without a hitch. My friend I was seeing the show with is actually a trained vocalist of 15 years. More than once while they were playing, I saw his jaw drop, and he turned to me toward the end of the show and said "Holy shit, he's still got it, dude." That pretty much sums up Tool at this point in time...they still have it, without a doubt.

Maynard has obviously used his time off with Puscifer to rest and rehabilitate his voice after tearing it up during the two years of touring for the 10,000 Days album. It has paid off exponentially. Everyone who has seen any of the first three shows now knows this too, and I hope for you guys' sake that his voice holds up for the rest of the tour, because I want you to hear it for yourselves. Even if he can't sound consistently this good for an entire tour like he used to, I FULLY expect AT LEAST one more Tool album because Maynard definitely has it in him, and you can rest easy that he is NOT worn out or burned out with the band. He gave it his all, he seemed respectful and appreciative of the fans, and his performance as a whole was more than I ever expected from him.

Now aside from my discussion about Maynard (because I consider the state of his voice and attitude about the band to be the biggest variable in Tool these days), calling the rest of the band godly would be an understatement. Despite a couple of hiccups and technical difficulties with Adam and Justin's equipment, they both tore it up. As a long, long time drummer, I haven't seen Danny mix it up the way he did last night in years. By the time I walked out, my mind was blown, blown, and blown again.

My #1 Tool show ever is the Corpus Christi show from '07, when they played for 2 1/2 hours, played Right in Two, and were musically the tightest I've ever seen them. This Cedar Park show TIES that show for #1...that's right, it even beats the shows I saw on the Lateralus tour. Excellent, excellent performance. Incredible.

The nay-sayers, of which I was one, have been given a big "fuck you" by Maynard and the rest of the band with their performance in Cedar Park, as well as those in Houston and New Orleans...and I have never been so happy so have my own criticisms thrown in my face like they were last night. You will never hear me doubt Tool again.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #38
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

For those who have not seen them yet on this tour, or for those who are on the fence about buying a ticket, let me tell you the only thing you really need to know: Maynard still has it.

For the past year on these forums, I have talked a lot of shit about Maynard's voice, because quite frankly it did not sound good at all in '09. I said he was old. I said he couldn't sing their older songs anymore. I said he wasn't into Tool anymore.

I was wrong.

His voice was mixed loud, it was CRYSTAL clear (the acoustics/mix were phenomenal), and he was SPOT on key for the entire show. He nailed the climax during The Patient without a hitch. My friend I was seeing the show with is actually a trained vocalist of 15 years. More than once while they were playing, I saw his jaw drop, and he turned to me toward the end of the show and said "Holy shit, he's still got it, dude." That pretty much sums up Tool at this point in time...they still have it, without a doubt.

Maynard has obviously used his time off with Puscifer to rest and rehabilitate his voice after tearing it up during the two years of touring for the 10,000 Days album. It has paid off exponentially. Everyone who has seen any of the first three shows now knows this too, and I hope for you guys' sake that his voice holds up for the rest of the tour, because I want you to hear it for yourselves. Even if he can't sound consistently this good for an entire tour like he used to, I FULLY expect AT LEAST one more Tool album because Maynard definitely has it in him, and you can rest easy that he is NOT worn out or burned out with the band. He gave it his all, he seemed respectful and appreciative of the fans, and his performance as a whole was more than I ever expected from him.

Now aside from my discussion about Maynard (because I consider the state of his voice and attitude about the band to be the biggest variable in Tool these days), calling the rest of the band godly would be an understatement. Despite a couple of hiccups and technical difficulties with Adam and Justin's equipment, they both tore it up. As a long, long time drummer, I haven't seen Danny mix it up the way he did last night in years. By the time I walked out, my mind was blown, blown, and blown again.

My #1 Tool show ever is the Corpus Christi show from '07, when they played for 2 1/2 hours, played Right in Two, and were musically the tightest I've ever seen them. This Cedar Park show TIES that show for #1...that's right, it even beats the shows I saw on the Lateralus tour. Excellent, excellent performance. Incredible.

The nay-sayers, of which I was one, have been given a big "fuck you" by Maynard and the rest of the band with their performance in Cedar Park, as well as those in Houston and New Orleans...and I have never been so happy so have my own criticisms thrown in my face like they were last night. You will never hear me doubt Tool again.
OFFLINE |  
uhkayd
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Second tool show attended, my mind has officially been blown.
I made the mistake of reading the previous setlists back in 09 but went yesterday expecting the random.
Holy shit, I have never felt like that in my entire life, for those 1-2 hours, i felt so connected to their music.
Tool is a very impressive artistic band, the sound was incredible from my seat, I was able to clearly hear each instrument all at once.
The visuals are also mindblowing, although the screen on the right side had a couple of messups, it wasn't even a problem. Definetely a better show than last years.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Second tool show attended, my mind has officially been blown.
I made the mistake of reading the previous setlists back in 09 but went yesterday expecting the random.
Holy shit, I have never felt like that in my entire life, for those 1-2 hours, i felt so connected to their music.
Tool is a very impressive artistic band, the sound was incredible from my seat, I was able to clearly hear each instrument all at once.
The visuals are also mindblowing, although the screen on the right side had a couple of messups, it wasn't even a problem. Definetely a better show than last years.
OFFLINE |  
tool-n-die
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM

Holy Fuck!
I had to log on just to say that....that show was fucking amazing...Danny was on fire and I haven't heard Maynard sound this good in atleast 5 years. Whoever was saying Puscifer stretched out his vocal cords a bit was right.
I was just blown away.
I flew in for business, luckily they still had tickets 4 hours before the show, I assume they were the last minute releases everyone talks about?
I can't wait till they play Seattle....and after that show last night, I'm seriously thinking about picking up tickets for Vancouver, since it's so close.
fuck, they really played like they meant it....
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Holy Fuck!
I had to log on just to say that....that show was fucking amazing...Danny was on fire and I haven't heard Maynard sound this good in atleast 5 years. Whoever was saying Puscifer stretched out his vocal cords a bit was right.
I was just blown away.
I flew in for business, luckily they still had tickets 4 hours before the show, I assume they were the last minute releases everyone talks about?
I can't wait till they play Seattle....and after that show last night, I'm seriously thinking about picking up tickets for Vancouver, since it's so close.
fuck, they really played like they meant it....
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply