Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
ssspy rail
03-13-2010, 01:42 AM

"the Pot" is the "belt of orion" and there are two "the pot's" one that GOD created which is clearly visible and one that lucifer put in the sky that is a piss poor copy of God's "the pot" I would have to show you the one lucifer made (its so bad you cant see the resemblance) So maynard's song is about the influence THE POT has on our pathetically narrow self centered inward looking existences......Its the fact that the POT is in the universe that a man can grow a plant at all oh and please dont wipe my opinion out with another kangaroo court coz I'd rather consult a real western red big boy (thats a big kanga) have fun pontiffs xx
Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
orion

"the Pot" is the "belt of orion" and there are two "the pot's" one that GOD created which is clearly visible and one that lucifer put in the sky that is a piss poor copy of God's "the pot" I would have to show you the one lucifer made (its so bad you cant see the resemblance) So maynard's song is about the influence THE POT has on our pathetically narrow self centered inward looking existences......Its the fact that the POT is in the universe that a man can grow a plant at all oh and please dont wipe my opinion out with another kangaroo court coz I'd rather consult a real western red big boy (thats a big kanga) have fun pontiffs xx
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
fearandloathing's Avatar fearandloathing
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM

i'd be alot more motivated to contemplate these thoughts if it made a little more sense/ had a link to a page supporting your claims/ came with color coded directions.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14
Re: orion

i'd be alot more motivated to contemplate these thoughts if it made a little more sense/ had a link to a page supporting your claims/ came with color coded directions.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
03-13-2010, 07:05 PM

which god?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

which god?
03-14-2010, 06:16 AM

if you looked to the sky and the belt of orion was gone night after night then i believe that the earth would cease to be the place we had come to expect and we possibly might not remember how to care for and tend a plant.....and we may need some kind of technological assistance to continue our "human" journey ushering in the age of android/human ambiguity.....why are there giant snails in the film clip adorned as they are with their bespiralled shells.....gods favourite artistic building pattern is the spiral....there is so much more and.......look at the song lateralus then watch and listen to the pot again and don't get bogged down here on earth with bullshit drug legislation politics where the "authorities" want you bogged down. MJK is offering so much more than easily digestible explicable interpretation fodder......With TOOL you can are are almost expected to transcend the mundane "issues of the day" I think if you can truly launch yourself with the song "lateralus" and its amazing video then you are on a higher turn of the spiral
Old 03-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

if you looked to the sky and the belt of orion was gone night after night then i believe that the earth would cease to be the place we had come to expect and we possibly might not remember how to care for and tend a plant.....and we may need some kind of technological assistance to continue our "human" journey ushering in the age of android/human ambiguity.....why are there giant snails in the film clip adorned as they are with their bespiralled shells.....gods favourite artistic building pattern is the spiral....there is so much more and.......look at the song lateralus then watch and listen to the pot again and don't get bogged down here on earth with bullshit drug legislation politics where the "authorities" want you bogged down. MJK is offering so much more than easily digestible explicable interpretation fodder......With TOOL you can are are almost expected to transcend the mundane "issues of the day" I think if you can truly launch yourself with the song "lateralus" and its amazing video then you are on a higher turn of the spiral
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
03-14-2010, 06:42 AM

lateralus and the pot don't have videos. gtfo
Old 03-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

03-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
hahahaha gtfo !! gtfooh!! "official" videos......pedantics man!!! gtfooh ok lets all bow to the yolk and submit......go fight the decoy ...lie in the gutter and look down the drain....some of us are lying in the gutter and looking at the pot......wtf do i know my words aren't gospel HALLELU JAH WOBBLE parallax xxx
Old 03-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
hahahaha gtfo !! gtfooh!! "official" videos......pedantics man!!! gtfooh ok lets all bow to the yolk and submit......go fight the decoy ...lie in the gutter and look down the drain....some of us are lying in the gutter and looking at the pot......wtf do i know my words aren't gospel HALLELU JAH WOBBLE parallax xxx
TOD
03-14-2010, 08:31 PM

This is madness! For those who are still sane. Yolk=Ego God=Self Lucifer=Shadow Kundalini Staircase will have to explain the rest. ssspy rail please enlighten us further.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310

This is madness! For those who are still sane. Yolk=Ego God=Self Lucifer=Shadow Kundalini Staircase will have to explain the rest. ssspy rail please enlighten us further.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-14-2010, 08:40 PM

What is this? Potty training?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

03-14-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
hmm....I remain agnostic on this "is".
Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
hmm....I remain agnostic on this "is".
ssspy rail
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM

hahaha this is potty training!! I feel like the think tank treating this potty sewerage is gearing up for some serious public service when they finally hang up their tibetan funny hats and retire the chillums to the mantlepiece museum....then to cut the hair donn the requisite attire (suit i think) and hustle and bustle into the pedestrian conveyor belts (not the astral belts) so as to fill the halls of power and prestige with the nicely converted "fall in line soldier!" types that have finally given up the ghost of difference for the human obsession with "comfort" after all bureaucracy is a means to an ends is it not....oh no hang on its actually a means in itself ...a self fullfilling self perpetuating homogenous entity....its not a spiral its a merry go round.......so the debate rages "DRUGS!!!! i hear them cry ITs all about drugs and freedom of speech!!! so lets debate this in a civilised fashion so we can all join in.......and meanwhile the belt of orion and the pot drift across the sky for another night as we trundle off home to our capsules feeling rebellious in an anti-institutional institutional kind of way hahaha ....does any one know how far away the three stars are from each other or did some aborigine man just draw them on the canvas with a stick?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

hahaha this is potty training!! I feel like the think tank treating this potty sewerage is gearing up for some serious public service when they finally hang up their tibetan funny hats and retire the chillums to the mantlepiece museum....then to cut the hair donn the requisite attire (suit i think) and hustle and bustle into the pedestrian conveyor belts (not the astral belts) so as to fill the halls of power and prestige with the nicely converted "fall in line soldier!" types that have finally given up the ghost of difference for the human obsession with "comfort" after all bureaucracy is a means to an ends is it not....oh no hang on its actually a means in itself ...a self fullfilling self perpetuating homogenous entity....its not a spiral its a merry go round.......so the debate rages "DRUGS!!!! i hear them cry ITs all about drugs and freedom of speech!!! so lets debate this in a civilised fashion so we can all join in.......and meanwhile the belt of orion and the pot drift across the sky for another night as we trundle off home to our capsules feeling rebellious in an anti-institutional institutional kind of way hahaha ....does any one know how far away the three stars are from each other or did some aborigine man just draw them on the canvas with a stick?
TOD
03-16-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssspy rail View Post
Now, relate this to the song. Your training will be complete.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssspy rail View Post
ssspy rail
03-19-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
If I were to attempt to relate my understanding to the song and construct a "well considered empirically thought out argument peppered with relevant examples (of lyrics) then I too would be ready to enter the halls of bureaucracy and playing into "their" hands.....my argument as it stands, is based on a visceral experiential immersion into the listening experience and crucially it doesn't seperate and extract the music from the lyrics .....they are a symbiotic union....so my "experience " of this song "THE POT" like most TOOL work takes me off the planet and beyond our normal preoccupations which have normally been manufactured packaged and framed by the glitterati illuminati and their lackeys.....If you want to understand Tool by reading the lyrics as a seperate entity then I'm lost for words......The song is obviously not "about" orion but it involves thinking beyond....and thinking beyond conjures up the mysteries of our puniverse and beyond the beyondial .....the song doesn't ask us to make pathetic petitions about drug legislation and banal ineffectual lame protests....the song asks us to transcend political bureaucratic ....and in our case....oppositional prison (dont exist as a reaction to an evil....create anew from a superior vantage....which only can happen after you have trancendentally evolved ) In other words if your creative protest waits for a fucked up law then all you are is an enslaved reactionary whos protest most likely is already inscribed into the event horizon of the legislation.....they almost depend upon the necessary "unrest" It is written in a sense. This is why literal and even metaphorical readings and analysis of ...especially TOOL lyrics are inadequate and visceral experiential interpretation and more importantly inexplicable heart and gut felt and spiritual immersion will come up with a better and more believable raison d'etre for THE POT and all their songs...All Im really saying is dont take the listening experience and thus the "MUSIC" out of these discussions !!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
If I were to attempt to relate my understanding to the song and construct a "well considered empirically thought out argument peppered with relevant examples (of lyrics) then I too would be ready to enter the halls of bureaucracy and playing into "their" hands.....my argument as it stands, is based on a visceral experiential immersion into the listening experience and crucially it doesn't seperate and extract the music from the lyrics .....they are a symbiotic union....so my "experience " of this song "THE POT" like most TOOL work takes me off the planet and beyond our normal preoccupations which have normally been manufactured packaged and framed by the glitterati illuminati and their lackeys.....If you want to understand Tool by reading the lyrics as a seperate entity then I'm lost for words......The song is obviously not "about" orion but it involves thinking beyond....and thinking beyond conjures up the mysteries of our puniverse and beyond the beyondial .....the song doesn't ask us to make pathetic petitions about drug legislation and banal ineffectual lame protests....the song asks us to transcend political bureaucratic ....and in our case....oppositional prison (dont exist as a reaction to an evil....create anew from a superior vantage....which only can happen after you have trancendentally evolved ) In other words if your creative protest waits for a fucked up law then all you are is an enslaved reactionary whos protest most likely is already inscribed into the event horizon of the legislation.....they almost depend upon the necessary "unrest" It is written in a sense. This is why literal and even metaphorical readings and analysis of ...especially TOOL lyrics are inadequate and visceral experiential interpretation and more importantly inexplicable heart and gut felt and spiritual immersion will come up with a better and more believable raison d'etre for THE POT and all their songs...All Im really saying is dont take the listening experience and thus the "MUSIC" out of these discussions !!!!!!!!!
TOD
03-21-2010, 12:19 AM

I wish you would try and not think in terms of oppositions. Remember the oneness.

I am not taking the music out of anything because all these discussions are based on the lyrics, yours included. Empiricism isn't bureaucratic and you are just throwing around words you recently learned but don't understand. Just face the fact that your thoughts are too chaotic to harness into a coherent statement about how your interpretation relates to anything other than your interpretation. I'm beginning to think might be an egoist, like all the other, self-proclaimed enlightened posters.

If all you have are fragments of thoughts and confused feelings about government to post, that's great, but at least realize that's what it is and that you don't know anymore than any other slave just because you watched some David Icke (or some other pseudo-guru's) videos on youtube. You are not above analytical thought, but below it. You must unite the experience and the reflection if you ever hope to understand. Otherwise, you are always just going to rant in the streets to deaf ears never realizing that you are only expanding your ego by spouting these "buzz-word" laden rants. Take your mind to the silence and see if you still know truth.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
TOD
Banned.

I wish you would try and not think in terms of oppositions. Remember the oneness.

I am not taking the music out of anything because all these discussions are based on the lyrics, yours included. Empiricism isn't bureaucratic and you are just throwing around words you recently learned but don't understand. Just face the fact that your thoughts are too chaotic to harness into a coherent statement about how your interpretation relates to anything other than your interpretation. I'm beginning to think might be an egoist, like all the other, self-proclaimed enlightened posters.

If all you have are fragments of thoughts and confused feelings about government to post, that's great, but at least realize that's what it is and that you don't know anymore than any other slave just because you watched some David Icke (or some other pseudo-guru's) videos on youtube. You are not above analytical thought, but below it. You must unite the experience and the reflection if you ever hope to understand. Otherwise, you are always just going to rant in the streets to deaf ears never realizing that you are only expanding your ego by spouting these "buzz-word" laden rants. Take your mind to the silence and see if you still know truth.
ssspy rail
03-21-2010, 11:39 PM

Why don't novels come with sound tracks? Because they are novels. Why do songs and tunes come with music? Because they are songs with music. I know what "empirical" means.....and I have been using these words for quite a while now....but I can see how my so called "argument" can appear chaotic (thanks for the compliment) Im glad you refer to the oneness and have pulled me up for being oppositional here....I wasn't assuming that you only refer to the lyrics when discussing song "meanings" song "raison d'etre"..... hopefully we are all on the same page here and this forum can be stimulating, enlightening, surprising, entertaining and a pleasure to be a part of.....I agree that my "ego" is overriding my acknowledgement of "the bleedingly obvious" but I am allowing it to be so because ...there should be two clint eastwood sayings....."opinions is like assholes everybody's got one" ....and...."opinions is like egos everybodies got one"......when I listen to the pot (and not read the lyrics) its about the constellation of orion...and now Im gonna add some more chaotic ingredients ...its also about the nephilum.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Why don't novels come with sound tracks? Because they are novels. Why do songs and tunes come with music? Because they are songs with music. I know what "empirical" means.....and I have been using these words for quite a while now....but I can see how my so called "argument" can appear chaotic (thanks for the compliment) Im glad you refer to the oneness and have pulled me up for being oppositional here....I wasn't assuming that you only refer to the lyrics when discussing song "meanings" song "raison d'etre"..... hopefully we are all on the same page here and this forum can be stimulating, enlightening, surprising, entertaining and a pleasure to be a part of.....I agree that my "ego" is overriding my acknowledgement of "the bleedingly obvious" but I am allowing it to be so because ...there should be two clint eastwood sayings....."opinions is like assholes everybody's got one" ....and...."opinions is like egos everybodies got one"......when I listen to the pot (and not read the lyrics) its about the constellation of orion...and now Im gonna add some more chaotic ingredients ...its also about the nephilum.
TOD
03-22-2010, 06:41 PM

I'm sorry if I have made this forum for you less than a pleasure to be a part of. Please tell me more about the Nephilum...

Last edited by TOD; 03-22-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
TOD
Banned.

I'm sorry if I have made this forum for you less than a pleasure to be a part of. Please tell me more about the Nephilum...

Last edited by TOD; 03-22-2010 at 11:33 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply