Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Shamantonin
06-12-2007, 05:39 AM

HOLY SHITAKE FUNGI MAN -WHAT A DELIVERANCE OF PERFECTION! THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE WHEN THEY BUSTED OUT W/ FLOOD I KNEW IT WAS A RARITY AND AS USUAL THEY ROCKED OUT WITH THEIR COCKS OUT. MY 2ND SHOW EVER(1ST WAS LOLLAPOLOZA W/ RATM BACK IN '93) AND I MUST SAY I THINK THE TICKETS WERE WORTH THE STEEP PRICE. THE TOUR SHIRTS FOR $43 IS A LITTLE RIDICULOUS THOUGH. LETS SEE: TOOL SHIRT OR TANK OF GAS? WE WERE IN SEC 112 W/ AWESOME VIEW OF ADAM AND MAYNARD WHO SPORTED A POSSIBLE NEON ORANGE PUSCIFER HOODIE. I'M SORRY BUT MAYNARD'S A TOTAL SEXPOT AND I'M NOT EVEN GAY!( MORE OF A LESBIAN TRAPPED IN A MAN'S BODY) ANYWAY MARIE/10,OOO WITH THE LASERS ANF BACKDROP IMAGES MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS SWINGING FROM THE CRANIAL SINEWS OF BLOTTY(THE gOD OF LSD). AND LOST KEYS/ROSSETTA AND LATERALUS MADE ME FEEL LIKE I'D FALLEN INTO THE PSILOCYBIN LINED HOLE IN MY SPIRIT.( WHICH WAS CREATED FROM MANY YEARS OF TOOL'S MUSIC AND COW EXCREMENT. ALSO I THOUGHT MELT BANANA ROCKED. THEIR BASSIST IS REALLY KICK ASS. ALL YOU PEOPLE DOGGIN THEM SHUTCHER FUCKIN PIEHOLES. LOVED HOW AT THE END THE BAND SPENT TIME ON STAGE LETTING THE FANS KNOW THAT THEY REALLY ENJOY THEM. ANYWAY JUST WANTED TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE TOOL'S HARD WORK THAT MAKES THEIR MUSIC SO SOLID AND PROGRESSIVE AND THEIR IMAGERY A PORTRAYAL OF A HIGHER CONCIOUSNESS. THEY'RE TRULY A BAND BEYOND DESCRIPTION. "LET THE WATERS KISS AND TRANSMUTATE THESE LEADEN GRUDGES INTO GOLD"
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/05 - Greenville, SC - Bi-Lo Center

HOLY SHITAKE FUNGI MAN -WHAT A DELIVERANCE OF PERFECTION! THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE WHEN THEY BUSTED OUT W/ FLOOD I KNEW IT WAS A RARITY AND AS USUAL THEY ROCKED OUT WITH THEIR COCKS OUT. MY 2ND SHOW EVER(1ST WAS LOLLAPOLOZA W/ RATM BACK IN '93) AND I MUST SAY I THINK THE TICKETS WERE WORTH THE STEEP PRICE. THE TOUR SHIRTS FOR $43 IS A LITTLE RIDICULOUS THOUGH. LETS SEE: TOOL SHIRT OR TANK OF GAS? WE WERE IN SEC 112 W/ AWESOME VIEW OF ADAM AND MAYNARD WHO SPORTED A POSSIBLE NEON ORANGE PUSCIFER HOODIE. I'M SORRY BUT MAYNARD'S A TOTAL SEXPOT AND I'M NOT EVEN GAY!( MORE OF A LESBIAN TRAPPED IN A MAN'S BODY) ANYWAY MARIE/10,OOO WITH THE LASERS ANF BACKDROP IMAGES MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS SWINGING FROM THE CRANIAL SINEWS OF BLOTTY(THE gOD OF LSD). AND LOST KEYS/ROSSETTA AND LATERALUS MADE ME FEEL LIKE I'D FALLEN INTO THE PSILOCYBIN LINED HOLE IN MY SPIRIT.( WHICH WAS CREATED FROM MANY YEARS OF TOOL'S MUSIC AND COW EXCREMENT. ALSO I THOUGHT MELT BANANA ROCKED. THEIR BASSIST IS REALLY KICK ASS. ALL YOU PEOPLE DOGGIN THEM SHUTCHER FUCKIN PIEHOLES. LOVED HOW AT THE END THE BAND SPENT TIME ON STAGE LETTING THE FANS KNOW THAT THEY REALLY ENJOY THEM. ANYWAY JUST WANTED TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE TOOL'S HARD WORK THAT MAKES THEIR MUSIC SO SOLID AND PROGRESSIVE AND THEIR IMAGERY A PORTRAYAL OF A HIGHER CONCIOUSNESS. THEY'RE TRULY A BAND BEYOND DESCRIPTION. "LET THE WATERS KISS AND TRANSMUTATE THESE LEADEN GRUDGES INTO GOLD"
OFFLINE |  
rydthespiral
06-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydthespiral View Post
2nd Tool show.....first post on this site....

I was scared going into the show. It wasn't totally because of the gestapo event staff at the doors, but because I didn't want to be let down. I now realize that not only was I not disappointed, but that this show also surpassed the show I saw them play in september in DC.

Total mind-fuck.

Greatest concert of my life.

The visuals were far improved from the first leg of the tour and were just mesmermizing. Seeing Maynard dance around Saturn and ride the bull on a lava pool was, well.....stupifying.

Lateralus was then and always will be the highlight for me and the jam in the bridge only made it more so. Still the greatest song ever played.

Danny could be the greatest actor known to man. If he honestly had an injury that hampering and can still manage to be one of the most prodigeous drummers of the era night after night, then he's either fond of practical jokes or a metaphysical entity.

It's just a weird thing, to go to a Tool show. Even in the heaviest moments of the night ( like the intro to Stinkfist), I could look around and see couples in mid-embrace and people sitting quietly, almost in a trance. It's stuff like that which makes me certain that there's no one else in the world like Tool. No matter what their future is, I can at least say I've seen the Pink Floyd of our era twice.

Greenville got rocked. In a big way.
Looking back on that night, when they started into Flood, I feel embarrassed in admitting that I didn't know what song they were playing at first. I think it's due to the fact that I'm not a true OGT and a couple songs off of Undertow are still a little fuzzy at times and because I just flat out wasn't expecting them to play Flood of all songs. I'm still a little (emphasis on a little) disappointed in not hearing Pushit, because that song has grown A LOT on me in the past couple years. Still, how can I complain? I got to witness Lateralus live.....nothing can supersede that. It's beyond epic. Still feeding off the energy, a little positivity can go a long way.

"I embrace my desire to...swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human"

- MJK

Last edited by rydthespiral; 06-26-2007 at 08:00 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydthespiral View Post
2nd Tool show.....first post on this site....

I was scared going into the show. It wasn't totally because of the gestapo event staff at the doors, but because I didn't want to be let down. I now realize that not only was I not disappointed, but that this show also surpassed the show I saw them play in september in DC.

Total mind-fuck.

Greatest concert of my life.

The visuals were far improved from the first leg of the tour and were just mesmermizing. Seeing Maynard dance around Saturn and ride the bull on a lava pool was, well.....stupifying.

Lateralus was then and always will be the highlight for me and the jam in the bridge only made it more so. Still the greatest song ever played.

Danny could be the greatest actor known to man. If he honestly had an injury that hampering and can still manage to be one of the most prodigeous drummers of the era night after night, then he's either fond of practical jokes or a metaphysical entity.

It's just a weird thing, to go to a Tool show. Even in the heaviest moments of the night ( like the intro to Stinkfist), I could look around and see couples in mid-embrace and people sitting quietly, almost in a trance. It's stuff like that which makes me certain that there's no one else in the world like Tool. No matter what their future is, I can at least say I've seen the Pink Floyd of our era twice.

Greenville got rocked. In a big way.
Looking back on that night, when they started into Flood, I feel embarrassed in admitting that I didn't know what song they were playing at first. I think it's due to the fact that I'm not a true OGT and a couple songs off of Undertow are still a little fuzzy at times and because I just flat out wasn't expecting them to play Flood of all songs. I'm still a little (emphasis on a little) disappointed in not hearing Pushit, because that song has grown A LOT on me in the past couple years. Still, how can I complain? I got to witness Lateralus live.....nothing can supersede that. It's beyond epic. Still feeding off the energy, a little positivity can go a long way.

"I embrace my desire to...swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human"

- MJK

Last edited by rydthespiral; 06-26-2007 at 08:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Aezarien's Avatar Aezarien
06-26-2007, 09:36 AM

Now that I am in the right place... I think...

This was my first TOOL show as well and I was quite impressed with the performance. I've been to a ton of concerts and some bands just really suck in concert. These guys were really tight however and put on a show that I would have expected from them. Everything from the visuals to the actual music just fell in place to create an unforgettable ambiance. And no, they were not very active but I just don't think the big hair band persona would fit them very well.

Melt Banana.. Well they were different and I kinda got into that. I've been meaning to see if I could find something they have done in-studio to see what their recorded stuff sounds like. They seemed like a pretty cheerful bunch to say the least and they played their asses off which makes them OK in my book. I would like to see where they are at in a few years when they are wrapped up a little tighter.

Anyway... I'm hooked. I'll be seeing you guys in WV!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #43
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Now that I am in the right place... I think...

This was my first TOOL show as well and I was quite impressed with the performance. I've been to a ton of concerts and some bands just really suck in concert. These guys were really tight however and put on a show that I would have expected from them. Everything from the visuals to the actual music just fell in place to create an unforgettable ambiance. And no, they were not very active but I just don't think the big hair band persona would fit them very well.

Melt Banana.. Well they were different and I kinda got into that. I've been meaning to see if I could find something they have done in-studio to see what their recorded stuff sounds like. They seemed like a pretty cheerful bunch to say the least and they played their asses off which makes them OK in my book. I would like to see where they are at in a few years when they are wrapped up a little tighter.

Anyway... I'm hooked. I'll be seeing you guys in WV!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply