Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
08-04-2006, 08:08 PM

they've

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #1001
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

they've

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
OFFLINE |  
A Spirit of Radio's Avatar A Spirit of Radio
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM

i think the banana stopped on a dime makes much more sense to the idea of the song then the line about the diamond sundae or whatever the latest idea was.

and yelling abanadana instead the banana landed? come on man! it makes sense. you can't figure all these lyrics out just phoentically. you have to insert a little logic.

i wish you would all listen one more time for those words. i heard those 2 phrases when i wasn't even trying to listen for the lyrics. the banana stopped on a dime and something landed on my birkenstocks and then later the banana landed.

the idea of the song is this dude hallucinates about a flaming banana-spacecraft that comes out of the sky, stops quicly like a good spaceship would and then lands so the jackie chan alien can get out and spoon with out hero.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #1002
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

i think the banana stopped on a dime makes much more sense to the idea of the song then the line about the diamond sundae or whatever the latest idea was.

and yelling abanadana instead the banana landed? come on man! it makes sense. you can't figure all these lyrics out just phoentically. you have to insert a little logic.

i wish you would all listen one more time for those words. i heard those 2 phrases when i wasn't even trying to listen for the lyrics. the banana stopped on a dime and something landed on my birkenstocks and then later the banana landed.

the idea of the song is this dude hallucinates about a flaming banana-spacecraft that comes out of the sky, stops quicly like a good spaceship would and then lands so the jackie chan alien can get out and spoon with out hero.
08-05-2006, 09:17 PM

The "stopped on a dime" idea is certainly a possibility.
"banana-landed" is not. He definitely says "a-banana-da-banana".
I think it's a mistake to expect too much logic from these lyrics. They're deliberately crazy, funny, and a little bit illogical.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #1003
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

The "stopped on a dime" idea is certainly a possibility.
"banana-landed" is not. He definitely says "a-banana-da-banana".
I think it's a mistake to expect too much logic from these lyrics. They're deliberately crazy, funny, and a little bit illogical.
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM

If you've been reading the thread, the current idea has nothing to do with a diamond sundae. The lyric is quite clearly "I did radical donuts on a dime".

As far as the song being about Dave and the line being the time Dave floated away, this is clearly a strange one we haven't figured out obviously.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #1004

Bincount™: 0

If you've been reading the thread, the current idea has nothing to do with a diamond sundae. The lyric is quite clearly "I did radical donuts on a dime".

As far as the song being about Dave and the line being the time Dave floated away, this is clearly a strange one we haven't figured out obviously.
OFFLINE |  
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdeye11

I don't think it's clearly 'I did radical donuts on a dime'

The word could be reticle, as in an aiming/calibration grid; it could be radical. I don't think it's 'donuts', though. Remember whatever he is saying bears relavence to the rest of the verse. He's watching the bananna come out of the sky... then he says something... then in the next verse he's face to face with the alien.

The last line of the first verse is explaining the transition from on the ground looking at the ship to somehow in the alien's presense.

I suggest "Had me yelping/You were yelping/whatever else yelping" is actually "Into the opening - holy fucking shit!"

So I think what he's saying is something to the effect of the bananna stopped on a dime above him, something beamed down onto his birkenstocks, and the next thing he knew he was getting drawn into the opening of the ship. Holy fucking shit!

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 08-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #1005
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdeye11

I don't think it's clearly 'I did radical donuts on a dime'

The word could be reticle, as in an aiming/calibration grid; it could be radical. I don't think it's 'donuts', though. Remember whatever he is saying bears relavence to the rest of the verse. He's watching the bananna come out of the sky... then he says something... then in the next verse he's face to face with the alien.

The last line of the first verse is explaining the transition from on the ground looking at the ship to somehow in the alien's presense.

I suggest "Had me yelping/You were yelping/whatever else yelping" is actually "Into the opening - holy fucking shit!"

So I think what he's saying is something to the effect of the bananna stopped on a dime above him, something beamed down onto his birkenstocks, and the next thing he knew he was getting drawn into the opening of the ship. Holy fucking shit!

OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-06-2006, 02:06 PM

yep i agree... but its either opening or elevated

BTW ... i just saw tool last night in SanDiego... awesome show, but no Rosetta Stoned, or Right in two... oh well... still great show
Old 08-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #1006

Bincount™: 1

yep i agree... but its either opening or elevated

BTW ... i just saw tool last night in SanDiego... awesome show, but no Rosetta Stoned, or Right in two... oh well... still great show
OFFLINE |  
Lucia's Avatar Lucia
08-06-2006, 08:33 PM

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ce/sunkist.jpg

http://rxcarecanada.com/drugimages/S...20Strength.jpg

I know it's probably 'sunkissed', but I don't get it either way. Sunkissed, Sudafed
(I knew what Sunkist and Sudafed were before I looked up these pictures. I also know what 'sunkissed' means).

I like all the different analysations (or however the hell you spell that) I read here, but It wouldn't surprise me if the lyrics would turn out to be alot easier and perhaps even not as deep as we think.

(Never mind me, English is my second language and I'm a noob anyways).

Last edited by Lucia; 08-06-2006 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #1007
Level 1 - Lurker

I know it's probably 'sunkissed', but I don't get it either way. Sunkissed, Sudafed
(I knew what Sunkist and Sudafed were before I looked up these pictures. I also know what 'sunkissed' means).

I like all the different analysations (or however the hell you spell that) I read here, but It wouldn't surprise me if the lyrics would turn out to be alot easier and perhaps even not as deep as we think.

Last edited by Lucia; 08-06-2006 at 08:36 PM..
OFFLINE |  
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
08-06-2006, 09:28 PM

Alright, I managed to slow it down on AUDACITY, and then change the pitch to, what I would assume to be, Maynard's tone of voice at that time, and what I hear is:

" dabbed in blood, impalm, almost like a diamond, sitting right on my Birckenstocks, heard me yelping, HOLY FUCKING SHIT..."

The object he may be referring to could be a dvice of some kind with a microphone, or a tracker. Dabbed in blood, meaning, it looked like a blood stain (in my opinion). This is as close as I go because of the crossed voice effects Maynard has going tends to distort some of the sound, but, I'm pretty certain, 1/3 of what I suggested is true enough. Take care.

-Andrew

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 08-07-2006 at 10:34 AM..
Old 08-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #1008
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

Alright, I managed to slow it down on AUDACITY, and then change the pitch to, what I would assume to be, Maynard's tone of voice at that time, and what I hear is:

" dabbed in blood, impalm, almost like a diamond, sitting right on my Birckenstocks, heard me yelping, HOLY FUCKING SHIT..."

The object he may be referring to could be a dvice of some kind with a microphone, or a tracker. Dabbed in blood, meaning, it looked like a blood stain (in my opinion). This is as close as I go because of the crossed voice effects Maynard has going tends to distort some of the sound, but, I'm pretty certain, 1/3 of what I suggested is true enough. Take care.

-Andrew

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 08-07-2006 at 10:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
08-07-2006, 04:47 AM

impalmed is not a word but embalmed is. i think the sitting on my birkenstocks part is right. maybe the bananna was very small and landed on his shoe. :)
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 AM   #1009

impalmed is not a word but embalmed is. i think the sitting on my birkenstocks part is right. maybe the bananna was very small and landed on his shoe. :)
08-07-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spirit of Radio
Sorry, I had accidentally typed "ed" after impalm, forgive my mistake.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #1010
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Sorry, I had accidentally typed "ed" after impalm, forgive my mistake.
08-07-2006, 11:05 AM

no need to forgive a typo dude. is impalm a word? or was it in palm? as in a little blotter laying on your palm.
i still like stopped on a dime-it fits the song so well.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #1011

no need to forgive a typo dude. is impalm a word? or was it in palm? as in a little blotter laying on your palm.
08-08-2006, 04:31 AM

Instead of "God help me!! Cant remember what they said", or "Bob help me" or "Mom help me"

How about "Budd help me!! "

Budd as in Budd Hopkins. Budd Hopkins is a world-renowned artist, author, and pioneer of UFO abduction research. He also employs hypnosis on UFO abductees to recall lost memorys, or as its commonly called "missing time".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/042...lance&n=283155

and read this story

http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/newse/bud.html

I listened to numerous live recordings and clearly hear "Budd help me"

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-08-2006 at 04:41 AM..
Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 AM   #1012

Instead of "God help me!! Cant remember what they said", or "Bob help me" or "Mom help me"

How about "Budd help me!! "

Budd as in Budd Hopkins. Budd Hopkins is a world-renowned artist, author, and pioneer of UFO abduction research. He also employs hypnosis on UFO abductees to recall lost memorys, or as its commonly called "missing time".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/042...lance&n=283155

and read this story

http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/newse/bud.html

I listened to numerous live recordings and clearly hear "Budd help me"

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-08-2006 at 04:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
08-08-2006, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Impalm means: to grasp on or with, or to hold in/ on.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #1013
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Impalm means: to grasp on or with, or to hold in/ on.
08-08-2006, 12:01 PM

really.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #1014

really.
08-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia

My understanding was that Vitamin C and Sudafed help bring someone down who's tripping, I might be wrong.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #1015
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia

My understanding was that Vitamin C and Sudafed help bring someone down who's tripping, I might be wrong.
OFFLINE |  
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM

Moment of clarity!

Was listening to the song on one earpiece of my headphones with the mid EQs boosted for vocals and I heard clear as can be (and after this I consisitently hear it crystal clear without any room for speculation on my part)

"I did radical donuts on a dime and something ran up my birkenstock"

Not sure exactly what follows but it sounds like "and into the opening" or just "into the opening" - Holy fucking shit.

Not sure what 'did radical donuts on a dime' means other than maybe spinning in a circle. "Something ran up my birkenstock" is also gonna be really hard to dispute. I'm for real, right channel, headphones, mid EQ boosted. You like... can't not hear it.

(by the way, until now I thought the 'radical donuts' threory was retarded, so it's not like I was trying to convince myself that's what I hear)

Old 08-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #1016
Level 8 - Vociferous

Moment of clarity!

Was listening to the song on one earpiece of my headphones with the mid EQs boosted for vocals and I heard clear as can be (and after this I consisitently hear it crystal clear without any room for speculation on my part)

Not sure exactly what follows but it sounds like "and into the opening" or just "into the opening" - Holy fucking shit.

Not sure what 'did radical donuts on a dime' means other than maybe spinning in a circle. "Something ran up my birkenstock" is also gonna be really hard to dispute. I'm for real, right channel, headphones, mid EQ boosted. You like... can't not hear it.

(by the way, until now I thought the 'radical donuts' threory was retarded, so it's not like I was trying to convince myself that's what I hear)

OFFLINE |  
Thirdeye11
08-09-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketEffect
Moment of clarity!

Radical donuts was the theory I agreed with when I heard it.

I concur with "something ran up my birkenstocks."

The part right after that seems to have audio cut from that portion. Perhaps "sucked into the opening" is what WAS there but was inadvertently cut when they pieced the audio together.

I have no clear answer for that part. Nice catch Blanket.

EDIT: After listening to 2 additional live versions of this song the lyric seems to be:

"I did radical donuts on a dime and something ran up my birkenstocks and yelping...."

It doesn't make the most sense grammatically but it seems to be what he says. I can also somewhat hear this on the studio version.

Last edited by Thirdeye11; 08-09-2006 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #1017

Quote:
Moment of clarity!

Radical donuts was the theory I agreed with when I heard it.

I concur with "something ran up my birkenstocks."

The part right after that seems to have audio cut from that portion. Perhaps "sucked into the opening" is what WAS there but was inadvertently cut when they pieced the audio together.

I have no clear answer for that part. Nice catch Blanket.

EDIT: After listening to 2 additional live versions of this song the lyric seems to be:

"I did radical donuts on a dime and something ran up my birkenstocks and yelping...."

It doesn't make the most sense grammatically but it seems to be what he says. I can also somewhat hear this on the studio version.

Last edited by Thirdeye11; 08-09-2006 at 09:21 PM..
OFFLINE |  
OGT from back in the day's Avatar OGT from back in the day
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM

i have always thought it was "and then he yelled at me" but i can also hear "sucked into the opening"
Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #1018

Bincount™: 2

i have always thought it was "and then he yelled at me" but i can also hear "sucked into the opening"
08-09-2006, 09:36 PM

So okay, maybe if we figure out what would have run up his birkenstock we would have an insight as to what comes immediately after.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #1019
Level 8 - Vociferous

So okay, maybe if we figure out what would have run up his birkenstock we would have an insight as to what comes immediately after.

OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-10-2006, 08:40 AM

i tried to hear runnin up my birkenstocks... sorry i cant hear it... and what would be running up his birkenstocks?? Its impossible to tell what he is saying there cause they probably cut out some of it to make it fit, or it actually makes sense but its strung together so fast that it doesnt
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #1020

i tried to hear runnin up my birkenstocks... sorry i cant hear it... and what would be running up his birkenstocks?? Its impossible to tell what he is saying there cause they probably cut out some of it to make it fit, or it actually makes sense but its strung together so fast that it doesnt
OFFLINE |  
Metalgod666's Avatar Metalgod666
08-10-2006, 10:46 AM

I still can't understand a good 3/4 of this song...
Old 08-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #1021
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

I still can't understand a good 3/4 of this song...
OFFLINE |  
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger10000
Not running.

'Something *ran* up my birkenstock(s)'

I normally don't like when people say something is 'obvious' because it's never obvious. But for real, if you could hear it on the setup I have you'd not think twice about it. I can't believe the clarity that that line comes through with on the right channel. He may as well be talking at a seminar as clear as it is.

To me, it's no longer even questionable. And that's saying a lot.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #1022
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Not running.

'Something *ran* up my birkenstock(s)'

I normally don't like when people say something is 'obvious' because it's never obvious. But for real, if you could hear it on the setup I have you'd not think twice about it. I can't believe the clarity that that line comes through with on the right channel. He may as well be talking at a seminar as clear as it is.

To me, it's no longer even questionable. And that's saying a lot.

OFFLINE |  
<shane>'s Avatar <shane>
08-10-2006, 09:57 PM

Rosetta Stoned by Tool
Alrighty then...
Picture this if you will...

10 to 2 AM
And actually eating up an old box of Krispy Kremes
And my "need-to-know potion"
Just outside Area 51
Contemplating the whole chosen people thing
When a flaming stealth banana split the sky like, wide open.
I never expected to see it in a place like this.
I do believe I spilled a diamond sundae
Or something wet on my Birkenstocks
And [you're yelping]
Holy fucking shit

Then the x-file beings who were like
some kind of blue-grey [Jackie Chan]
With Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked
[They're wicked-shot terrorists all while making the sound]
abananadabanana so when I opened up my bug eyes, my gaping jaw and my sweaty lower and upper lip
And all I could think was
I hope that my partner here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fucking pants

So alive in this way
Like an apparition
You have me crying out
Fuck me
It's got to be
Dead head
Chemistry
The blotter got
On top of me
Got me seeing
E to-the-mother-fucking T

And after calming me down with some orange slices
And some fetal spooning
The ET revealed to me his singular purpose
He said you are the chosen one
The one who'll deliver the message
A message of hope for those who chose to hear it
And a warning for those who do not
Me, the chosen one, they chose me
And I didn't graduate from fucking high school

You had better...
You had better...
You had better...
You had better listen

When he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is surreal
Like the time they floated away
See, my heart is pounding
Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now

It was so real
Like I woke up in Wonderland
All sort of terrifying
I don't want to be all alone
When I tell the story
And can anyone tell me why
It was a repeat experience
will I ever be coming down
This is so real
Finally it's my lucky day
See my heart is racing

You believe me don't you
Please believe what I just said
See they're telling the truth
And this wasn't all in my head
See they took me by the hand
And invited me right in
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out my head
Am I alive? am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn shit the bed

hey hey

Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen shit the bed again
Typical

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive am I dead
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
won't help the brain dead

God damn shit the bed

I Can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be A HERO
I can't remember what they said

Don't know, Wont Know (repeated 11 times)

God damn shit the bed

by the way, ''need to know potion'' refers to LSD.everyone reading should take acid if you can get it...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #1023
Level 3 - Talker

Rosetta Stoned by Tool
Alrighty then...
Picture this if you will...

10 to 2 AM
And actually eating up an old box of Krispy Kremes
And my "need-to-know potion"
Just outside Area 51
Contemplating the whole chosen people thing
When a flaming stealth banana split the sky like, wide open.
I never expected to see it in a place like this.
I do believe I spilled a diamond sundae
Or something wet on my Birkenstocks
And [you're yelping]
Holy fucking shit

Then the x-file beings who were like
some kind of blue-grey [Jackie Chan]
With Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked
[They're wicked-shot terrorists all while making the sound]
abananadabanana so when I opened up my bug eyes, my gaping jaw and my sweaty lower and upper lip
And all I could think was
I hope that my partner here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fucking pants

So alive in this way
Like an apparition
You have me crying out
Fuck me
It's got to be
Dead head
Chemistry
The blotter got
On top of me
Got me seeing
E to-the-mother-fucking T

And after calming me down with some orange slices
And some fetal spooning
The ET revealed to me his singular purpose
He said you are the chosen one
The one who'll deliver the message
A message of hope for those who chose to hear it
And a warning for those who do not
Me, the chosen one, they chose me
And I didn't graduate from fucking high school

You had better...
You had better...
You had better...
You had better listen

When he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is surreal
Like the time they floated away
See, my heart is pounding

It was so real
Like I woke up in Wonderland
All sort of terrifying
I don't want to be all alone
When I tell the story
And can anyone tell me why
It was a repeat experience
will I ever be coming down
This is so real
Finally it's my lucky day
See my heart is racing

You believe me don't you
Please believe what I just said
See they're telling the truth
And this wasn't all in my head
See they took me by the hand
And invited me right in
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out my head
Am I alive? am I dead?
God damn shit the bed

hey hey

Overwhelmed as one would be placed in my position
Such a heavy burden now to be the one
Born to bear and read to all the details of our ending
To write it down for all the world to see
But I forgot my pen shit the bed again
Typical

Strapped down to my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive am I dead
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
won't help the brain dead

God damn shit the bed

I Can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be A HERO
I can't remember what they said

Don't know, Wont Know (repeated 11 times)

God damn shit the bed

by the way, ''need to know potion'' refers to LSD.everyone reading should take acid if you can get it...
OFFLINE |  
08-11-2006, 05:38 AM

Yeah... like I said above.... People that post the same four-month old (WRONG) lyrics should be banned. It wastes the time of people that actually work to figure them out to read a mile long list only to find it is the same crock of horseshit as posted not long ago... which was the same crock of shit posted prior...

Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #1024
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah... like I said above.... People that post the same four-month old (WRONG) lyrics should be banned. It wastes the time of people that actually work to figure them out to read a mile long list only to find it is the same crock of horseshit as posted not long ago... which was the same crock of shit posted prior...

OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-11-2006, 07:29 AM

Well we can all concur Shane is obviously an idiot
Old 08-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #1025

Well we can all concur Shane is obviously an idiot
OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-11-2006, 07:35 AM

getting back to the mystery....

Actually eating a ___ box of crispy cremes... I hear Peanut on the studio and live versions but they dont make sense, so what would make sense?
1. painted
2. peed-on
3. bent up

find this show for this song... its the clearest... Pinkpop Festival, Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-11-2006 at 07:41 AM..
Old 08-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #1026

Actually eating a ___ box of crispy cremes... I hear Peanut on the studio and live versions but they dont make sense, so what would make sense?
1. painted
2. peed-on
3. bent up

find this show for this song... its the clearest... Pinkpop Festival, Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-11-2006 at 07:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Thirdeye11
08-11-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:

1. painted
2. peed-on
3. bent up

Actually eating empty a box of Krispy Kremes sounds very reasonable on the studio version. On live versions I hear the same.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #1027

Quote:

1. painted
2. peed-on
3. bent up

Actually eating empty a box of Krispy Kremes sounds very reasonable on the studio version. On live versions I hear the same.
OFFLINE |  
08-11-2006, 10:01 AM

'...and actually eating a cleaned out box of Krispy Kremes'

- that's the *only* thing I hear.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 AM   #1028
Level 8 - Vociferous

OFFLINE |  
08-11-2006, 11:12 AM

•" ...Actually eating a little box of Krispy Kreme's... "
•" ...Actually eating a cleaned out box of Krispy Kreme's... "
•" ...Actually eating a thinned out box of Krispy Kreme's... "
*•" ...Actually eating a paid up box of Krispy Kreme's..."

-Andrew

*Paid up: meaning - Settlement, or state of being settled or finished.

If you listen carefully, you'll here the "p" sound in the lyric, this is what got my attention.

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 08-11-2006 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #1029
Level 7 - Loquacious

•" ...Actually eating a little box of Krispy Kreme's... "
•" ...Actually eating a cleaned out box of Krispy Kreme's... "
•" ...Actually eating a thinned out box of Krispy Kreme's... "
*•" ...Actually eating a paid up box of Krispy Kreme's..."

-Andrew

*Paid up: meaning - Settlement, or state of being settled or finished.

If you listen carefully, you'll here the "p" sound in the lyric, this is what got my attention.

Last edited by æmoeba•°·.; 08-11-2006 at 11:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
L0ST
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:

...actually eating a STALE box...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #1030
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

...actually eating a STALE box...
OFFLINE |  
L0ST
08-11-2006, 11:53 AM

anybody agree with "anyway, i thought i was gonna die when something went in my Birkenstocks"?

Last edited by L0ST; 08-11-2006 at 12:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #1031
Level 4 - Thinker

anybody agree with "anyway, i thought i was gonna die when something went in my Birkenstocks"?

Last edited by L0ST; 08-11-2006 at 12:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
L0ST
08-11-2006, 11:57 AM

and please PLEASE whoever runs this page...change the lyrics to "a flaming stealth banana split the sky LIKE ONE WOULD HOPE BUT NEVER REALLY EXPECT TO SEE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS"
Old 08-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #1032
Level 4 - Thinker

and please PLEASE whoever runs this page...change the lyrics to "a flaming stealth banana split the sky LIKE ONE WOULD HOPE BUT NEVER REALLY EXPECT TO SEE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS"
OFFLINE |  
L0ST
08-11-2006, 12:07 PM

has anybody noticed that he says "holy fucking shit" in the right channel and just "holy shit" in the left???
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #1033
Level 4 - Thinker

has anybody noticed that he says "holy fucking shit" in the right channel and just "holy shit" in the left???
OFFLINE |  
Parabowl's Avatar Parabowl
08-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erg0
My hearing of the little section around 8:38

Overwhelmed is what you would be
If placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending.
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen.
Shit, my bad again. Typical.
sounds 'overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position' to me
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #1034
On Probation

Bincount™: 297
Re: Lyrics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erg0
My hearing of the little section around 8:38

Overwhelmed is what you would be
If placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending.
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen.
Shit, my bad again. Typical.
OFFLINE |  
08-11-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabowl
Echo

Old 08-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #1035
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabowl
Echo

OFFLINE |  
Parabowl's Avatar Parabowl
08-11-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Echo
ya i only read the first page
Old 08-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #1036
On Probation

Bincount™: 297

Quote:
Echo
ya i only read the first page
OFFLINE |  
08-12-2006, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ST
It rotates, and echos. The "Holy fucking shit!" is cut off almost instantly by the next, this may be why you hear it that way.

-Andrew
Old 08-12-2006, 06:36 AM   #1037
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ST
It rotates, and echos. The "Holy fucking shit!" is cut off almost instantly by the next, this may be why you hear it that way.

-Andrew
Ranger10000
08-12-2006, 04:06 PM

I hear this one on a live recording

"I did radical donuts on a dime when something grabbed my birkenstocks and pulled me in... holy fuckin shit"
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #1038

I hear this one on a live recording

"I did radical donuts on a dime when something grabbed my birkenstocks and pulled me in... holy fuckin shit"
OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-12-2006, 04:08 PM

well Maynard should do what Audioslave are doing with their new song "orginal fire" ... that is make a video with the lyrics running all crazy in the background... original fire is an awesome video bTW.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #1039

well Maynard should do what Audioslave are doing with their new song "orginal fire" ... that is make a video with the lyrics running all crazy in the background... original fire is an awesome video bTW.
OFFLINE |  
Ranger10000
08-12-2006, 04:14 PM

has anyone seen this.... awesome live footage of Rosetta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhjYgTVLrY

and if you liked that.... this is unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-osTq...0Stoned%20Tool

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-12-2006 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #1040

has anyone seen this.... awesome live footage of Rosetta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhjYgTVLrY

and if you liked that.... this is unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-osTq...0Stoned%20Tool

Last edited by Ranger10000; 08-12-2006 at 04:31 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply