Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
06-13-2006, 05:30 AM

Yes, I registered just to read this thread.
A few things I think could use some work:

1. So I lay this way
Like an apparition
Can't you hear me crying out "Fuck me!" etc etc

2. Peanuts to paris? When I hear it, I hear a "g" where everyone seems to hear the "p" in Paris. It has always sounded to me like the last word is "guest".

3. Fetal spooning is so much of a better visual than anything else offered (although you have to wonder at its redundancy -- is there any other way to spoon someone than in the fetal position?).

4. I hear "stripped down" instead of "strapped down" during the first chorus.

5. "...woke up in Wonderland, AWESOME BUT TERRIFYING" is what I hear (I notice that changes from post to post).

6. I'm voting for "The bottom fell out on top of me" just because it's a great line, although I'll admit that part is so muddled with distortion he could be saying anything.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:30 AM   #721
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

Yes, I registered just to read this thread.
A few things I think could use some work:

1. So I lay this way
Like an apparition
Can't you hear me crying out "Fuck me!" etc etc

2. Peanuts to paris? When I hear it, I hear a "g" where everyone seems to hear the "p" in Paris. It has always sounded to me like the last word is "guest".

3. Fetal spooning is so much of a better visual than anything else offered (although you have to wonder at its redundancy -- is there any other way to spoon someone than in the fetal position?).

4. I hear "stripped down" instead of "strapped down" during the first chorus.

5. "...woke up in Wonderland, AWESOME BUT TERRIFYING" is what I hear (I notice that changes from post to post).

6. I'm voting for "The bottom fell out on top of me" just because it's a great line, although I'll admit that part is so muddled with distortion he could be saying anything.
06-13-2006, 06:01 AM

"I would never expect to see it in a place like this.
Anyway, I thought I was gonna die but something ran over my Birkenstocks an had me yelping... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

"My partner doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin' pants." - (How anyone hears anything different is amazing...)
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 AM   #722
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

"I would never expect to see it in a place like this.
Anyway, I thought I was gonna die but something ran over my Birkenstocks an had me yelping... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

"My partner doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin' pants." - (How anyone hears anything different is amazing...)
06-13-2006, 07:21 AM

Yall are spending way too much time analyzing this shit...Just sit back and rock out, man. It'll all come with time, it always does. One day, youll be sitting in your car, all stoned and shit, and then itll click. So, youll restart the song and rock out like you never rocked out before!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 AM   #723
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Yall are spending way too much time analyzing this shit...Just sit back and rock out, man. It'll all come with time, it always does. One day, youll be sitting in your car, all stoned and shit, and then itll click. So, youll restart the song and rock out like you never rocked out before!
OFFLINE |  
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
06-13-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwalaBare
If you don't want to "waste [so] much time" with analyisis, then why did you register on this forum?
But I'll pull through
Old 06-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #724
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
If you don't want to "waste [so] much time" with analyisis, then why did you register on this forum?
But I'll pull through
OFFLINE |  
QwalaBare's Avatar QwalaBare
06-13-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
You got me there. I guess im just as full of shit as the rest of yall
Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #725
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
You got me there. I guess im just as full of shit as the rest of yall
OFFLINE |  
tbrent21's Avatar tbrent21
06-13-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen, Harry Manback has left the building.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #726
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen, Harry Manback has left the building.
06-13-2006, 07:46 AM

lol, whats all this? I was only saying sit back and enjoy the song, wasn't trying to down anyone, relax fellas
Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #727
Level 3 - Talker

lol, whats all this? I was only saying sit back and enjoy the song, wasn't trying to down anyone, relax fellas
OFFLINE |  
optimistic-pessimist's Avatar optimistic-pessimist
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM

I kind of agree with Qwalabare... No one has really offered anything new or constructive in a long time. It's all a bunch of rehashed, repeated, tired comments.

Yes there are some lines that may still be wrong. Yes there are some parts that are probably right but not everyone agrees on them. Oh well. Posting for the 15th time that, "There's just no way that [insert line] can be right. I don't see how anyone hears this" is not going to accomplish anything other than wasting space and people's time. But hey, the album's only been out for 6 weeks now... If you're STILL entertained by fretting over those last few syllables... then more power to ya. But honestly, they aren't going to change the overall meaning of the song. We all get the point of what's trying to be said. I'm content to enjoy the album and wait for Maynard to post his version. But maybe that's just me...
Live TOOL: 08.03.97, 07.25.98, 08.06.98, 08.07.98, 07.01.01, 08.06.01, 08.07.01, 10.07.01, 10.13.01, 10.25.01, 10.27.01, 10.28.01, 07.26.02, 07.27.02, 07.29.02, 07.31.02, 08.01.02, 11.07.02, 11.08.02, 11.09.02, 11.15.02, 11.16.02, 04.30.06, 05.08.06, 05.19.06, 05.20.06, 08.27.06, 09.11.06, 09.14.06, 05.15.07, 05.17.07, 05.21.07, 05.22.07, 05.24.07, 05.25.07, 05.26.07...

Last edited by optimistic-pessimist; 06-13-2006 at 08:21 AM..
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #728
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

I kind of agree with Qwalabare... No one has really offered anything new or constructive in a long time. It's all a bunch of rehashed, repeated, tired comments.

Yes there are some lines that may still be wrong. Yes there are some parts that are probably right but not everyone agrees on them. Oh well. Posting for the 15th time that, "There's just no way that [insert line] can be right. I don't see how anyone hears this" is not going to accomplish anything other than wasting space and people's time. But hey, the album's only been out for 6 weeks now... If you're STILL entertained by fretting over those last few syllables... then more power to ya. But honestly, they aren't going to change the overall meaning of the song. We all get the point of what's trying to be said. I'm content to enjoy the album and wait for Maynard to post his version. But maybe that's just me...
Live TOOL: 08.03.97, 07.25.98, 08.06.98, 08.07.98, 07.01.01, 08.06.01, 08.07.01, 10.07.01, 10.13.01, 10.25.01, 10.27.01, 10.28.01, 07.26.02, 07.27.02, 07.29.02, 07.31.02, 08.01.02, 11.07.02, 11.08.02, 11.09.02, 11.15.02, 11.16.02, 04.30.06, 05.08.06, 05.19.06, 05.20.06, 08.27.06, 09.11.06, 09.14.06, 05.15.07, 05.17.07, 05.21.07, 05.22.07, 05.24.07, 05.25.07, 05.26.07...

Last edited by optimistic-pessimist; 06-13-2006 at 08:21 AM..
OFFLINE |  
sudnshok
06-13-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
I used to think this too, but "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my fucking pants." is pretty clear in the 5/2/06 Seattle recording.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:45 PM   #729
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
I used to think this too, but "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my fucking pants." is pretty clear in the 5/2/06 Seattle recording.
OFFLINE |  
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
06-14-2006, 01:19 AM

"I hope my partner doesn't realize I pissed my fucking pants" The live lyrics being mentioned might be exactly that: a live reference Maynard did, as many a singer is prone to do from time to time. As for what's on the CD however, I'm fairly certain it's "my partner" not "Uncle" whatever.

"With some infrared-sonic eyes / don't even know what that means" (nor would I, hence the second line perhaps)

"and can anyone tell me why also my penis hurts" Struggled with this one a bit because the grammer is fairly bad, but it fits within the context of the frenzied character telling the story.

Last edited by Happyfunball; 06-14-2006 at 01:24 AM..
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #730
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

"I hope my partner doesn't realize I pissed my fucking pants" The live lyrics being mentioned might be exactly that: a live reference Maynard did, as many a singer is prone to do from time to time. As for what's on the CD however, I'm fairly certain it's "my partner" not "Uncle" whatever.

"With some infrared-sonic eyes / don't even know what that means" (nor would I, hence the second line perhaps)

"and can anyone tell me why also my penis hurts" Struggled with this one a bit because the grammer is fairly bad, but it fits within the context of the frenzied character telling the story.

Last edited by Happyfunball; 06-14-2006 at 01:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
06-14-2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball

It's definitely somniferous on this, somniferous meaning "sleep inducing".
Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 AM   #731
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

It's definitely somniferous on this, somniferous meaning "sleep inducing".
06-14-2006, 08:21 AM

somniferous almond eyes
Old 06-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #732

somniferous almond eyes
OFFLINE |  
reordian
06-14-2006, 09:01 AM

Maybe this was already said or mentioned, can't remember, anyway, just minor corrections:

- born to BARE and read to all the details of our...
- like the TIDE they floated away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist

Couldn't agree more. Goes for the other songs as well.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #733
Level 4 - Thinker

Maybe this was already said or mentioned, can't remember, anyway, just minor corrections:

- born to BARE and read to all the details of our...
- like the TIDE they floated away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimistic-pessimist

Couldn't agree more. Goes for the other songs as well.
OFFLINE |  
06-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Borne to bear (as in bear witness)
Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #734

06-14-2006, 09:55 AM

Like the time Dave floated away.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #735
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Like the time Dave floated away.
OFFLINE |  
texan's Avatar texan
06-14-2006, 10:36 AM

Is it "E-motherf_cking_T" or "E to the motherf_cking T"? Just wondering.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #736
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OFFLINE |  
parables in the world's Avatar parables in the world
06-14-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Yes it is that. because i also hear it. also, we are trying to decipher the ALBUM lyrics not Live.

"and can anyone tell me why also my penis hurts" Struggled with this one a bit because the grammer is fairly bad, but it fits within the context of the frenzied character telling the story.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good one, i never thought about that but it could be this "and can anyone tell me why all of sudden my penis hurts." saying the "penis hurts" with an accent.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #737
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Yes it is that. because i also hear it. also, we are trying to decipher the ALBUM lyrics not Live.

"and can anyone tell me why also my penis hurts" Struggled with this one a bit because the grammer is fairly bad, but it fits within the context of the frenzied character telling the story.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good one, i never thought about that but it could be this "and can anyone tell me why all of sudden my penis hurts." saying the "penis hurts" with an accent.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
OFFLINE |  
reordian
06-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrent21
Uhm...
I thought it was "bear" as in "carry" or "be the medium for" (as in bear a burden"

And then I suggested "bare" as in expose, unearth, bring to attention.

I meant to suggest "bare" as another option, because both work well in the context. As a matter of personal taste, I pick bare, tho.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #738
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrent21
Uhm...
I thought it was "bear" as in "carry" or "be the medium for" (as in bear a burden"

And then I suggested "bare" as in expose, unearth, bring to attention.

I meant to suggest "bare" as another option, because both work well in the context. As a matter of personal taste, I pick bare, tho.
OFFLINE |  
reordian
06-14-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan
The former.

The delay/distortion/whatever effect on the vocals makes it sound like E-motha-motha-fuckin´-T.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #739
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan
The former.

The delay/distortion/whatever effect on the vocals makes it sound like E-motha-motha-fuckin´-T.
OFFLINE |  
][ncognito
06-14-2006, 01:27 PM

I've been playin around in a sound editor trying to figure this stuff out.

I always thought he was saying "my partner" but it's definitely Uncle something. Sounds like Quark or Clark.

Also it's definitely "Can anyone tell me why they all sound like Peanuts Parents"

The "Th" in they is spoken very quickly is is almost left out. it's also pretty much combined with all. Or maybe he's saying "Y'all"

Definitely the last part is "sound like Peanuts Parents" though.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #740
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I've been playin around in a sound editor trying to figure this stuff out.

I always thought he was saying "my partner" but it's definitely Uncle something. Sounds like Quark or Clark.

Also it's definitely "Can anyone tell me why they all sound like Peanuts Parents"

The "Th" in they is spoken very quickly is is almost left out. it's also pretty much combined with all. Or maybe he's saying "Y'all"

Definitely the last part is "sound like Peanuts Parents" though.
OFFLINE |  
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
06-14-2006, 03:18 PM

"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #741
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

"peanuts parents" Would fit within the song, especially given the way it's mentioned as a non-sequitor to the story. 'By the way, why do you all sound like this?' Not much more I can say about that, but I thought "my penis hurts" was also a great non-sequitor as well :)

"somniferous" sounds possible/plausible, but I do not hear "almond" no matter how many times I listen to it. And still, "somniferous almond eyes" seems like an awefully descriptive phrase for the character to use only to immediately say he doesn't know what it means. The word following "somniferous" has to be the key because "somniferous almond eyes" is actually just a good poetic description, but not really all that incomprehensible. I gather instead that the character is attempting to describe an object and/or it's function and is struggling to relay both what it is and what it does.
OFFLINE |  
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
06-14-2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
somniferious almond eyes makes no sense whatsoever. It fits perfectly.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #742
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
somniferious almond eyes makes no sense whatsoever. It fits perfectly.
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM

Maybe not Quark but Mork... from Ork? Remember when Robin Williams was funny? Me either.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #743
Level 1 - Lurker

Maybe not Quark but Mork... from Ork? Remember when Robin Williams was funny? Me either.
OFFLINE |  
WitlessLiar
06-15-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar
Is it just me or does the stanza sound more like this...

""Fuck me, It's gotta be dead-head chemistry
The bottom's gotten on top of me
Got me [seeing/thinking], eat my breath[??????????] so I can see"

Now I doubt it's eat my breath so I can see... But I'm much more sure that it isn't E-Motherfuckin-T... if you listen, you can hear "so I can"... I honestly have just listened to that line over 20 times and I can't hear "E-Motherfuckin-T" as much as I want to. That line has too many syllables to be e motherfuckin t.
For clarification I started hearing it the way he meant it to be heard. His lisp was playing tricks on my ears :) instead of "T" I hear "tse" (which is pretty much say due to said lisp). And with the "fu" of "fucking" I heard "fo-i." Dunno where that came from.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #744

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar
Is it just me or does the stanza sound more like this...

""Fuck me, It's gotta be dead-head chemistry
The bottom's gotten on top of me
Got me [seeing/thinking], eat my breath[??????????] so I can see"

Now I doubt it's eat my breath so I can see... But I'm much more sure that it isn't E-Motherfuckin-T... if you listen, you can hear "so I can"... I honestly have just listened to that line over 20 times and I can't hear "E-Motherfuckin-T" as much as I want to. That line has too many syllables to be e motherfuckin t.
For clarification I started hearing it the way he meant it to be heard. His lisp was playing tricks on my ears :) instead of "T" I hear "tse" (which is pretty much say due to said lisp). And with the "fu" of "fucking" I heard "fo-i." Dunno where that came from.
OFFLINE |  
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
06-15-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:

IMO i think he's not saying he doesn't know what "somniferous almond eyes" means, i think relaying/reliving a moment when the alien looked at him with his almond eyes that made him feel sleepy and then told him something telepathically. he didn't know what that telepathic message meant so he says "don't even know what that means...(the way he sings it sounds to me like he's drowsy from looking into the aliens somniferous almond eyes)...must remember to write it down (still sounds drowsy to me)."

it's like if you hear something that's just a little over your head, you can think "i get it" but if you don't write it down right at that moment when you get it or rehearse it in your head over you won't really understand it later when you try to explain it to someone else.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #745
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

Quote:

IMO i think he's not saying he doesn't know what "somniferous almond eyes" means, i think relaying/reliving a moment when the alien looked at him with his almond eyes that made him feel sleepy and then told him something telepathically. he didn't know what that telepathic message meant so he says "don't even know what that means...(the way he sings it sounds to me like he's drowsy from looking into the aliens somniferous almond eyes)...must remember to write it down (still sounds drowsy to me)."

it's like if you hear something that's just a little over your head, you can think "i get it" but if you don't write it down right at that moment when you get it or rehearse it in your head over you won't really understand it later when you try to explain it to someone else.
OFFLINE |  
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM

Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

Began at 2 AM, and
actually eating up an entire
box of Krispy Kremes,
at my need-to-know post
just outside Area 51 contemplating
the whole "chosen people" thing
when a flaming, stealth banana split the sky, like, wide open.
I never expected to see it in a place like this.
I do believe I spilled a diamond sundae
right on my Birkenstocks.

Then he had me yelping...........Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files beings,
who were in some kind of blue-green jet ship
with Isabella Rossellini lips with breath that reeked,
did a wicked jump there
also while making the sound a-banana-da-banana
that's when I opened up my bug-eyes,
my gaping jaw,
and my sweaty lower and upper lip,
and all I could think was
"I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice
that I pissed my fuckin' pants."

So alive in this way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
The Deadhead
Chemistry
The bottom got on top of me
Got me seein' E-motherfuckin'-T!"

And after calming me down
with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.
He said, "You are the Chosen One,
the One who will deliver the message.
A message of hope to those who choose to hear it
and a warning to those who do not."
Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me, and I didn't graduate from fuckin' high school.

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
This is surreal
Like the time dave floated away
See, my heart is pounding
'Cause this shit never happens to me

I can't breathe right now!

It was so real,
Like I woke up in Wonderland.
Also a bit terrifying
I don't wanna be all alone
When I tell this story.
And can anyone tell me why
It was a neat experience
Will I ever be coming down?
This is so real
Finally, it's my lucky day
See, my heart is racing

You believe me, don't you?
Please believe what I just said!
See they're telling children
And this wasn't all in my head.
See, they took me by the hand
And invited me right in.
Then they showed me something
I don't even know where to begin.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

hey.....hey....hey....hey....hey

Overwhelmed as one would be, if placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One
Born to bear and read you all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
God damn, shit the bed

I can't remember what they said to me
Can't remember what they said to make me out to be a hero
God help me!

Don't know, won't know (x12)

God damn, shit the bed!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #746
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Began at 2 AM, and
actually eating up an entire
box of Krispy Kremes,
at my need-to-know post
the whole "chosen people" thing
when a flaming, stealth banana split the sky, like, wide open.
I do believe I spilled a diamond sundae

Then he had me yelping...........Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files beings,
who were in some kind of blue-green jet ship
did a wicked jump there
my gaping jaw,
and all I could think was

So alive in this way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
The Deadhead
Chemistry

with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
Me. The Chosen One?

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

This is surreal
Like the time dave floated away

It was so real,
Also a bit terrifying
When I tell this story.
It was a neat experience
This is so real
See, my heart is racing

And invited me right in.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
God damn, shit the bed

Overwhelmed as one would be, if placed in my position.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
God damn, shit the bed

God help me!

God damn, shit the bed!
OFFLINE |  
mikey6719
06-16-2006, 12:17 PM

Please TOOL NATION HELP me settle a bet.....unless there are two versions of the CD out there, I believe I am right in the following; and would like your comments... I believe at the beginning of the song that he says "Alrighty then, picture this if you will..." while my tone deaf buddy say he is saying "Alright then..." (NO "ty" on the Alright).....The second verse in question in "Got me seein "E Mother Fucking T"...he believes it is "E Fuckin T"??? I know it is trivial, but he says Im just a sheep in the Lyrics heard, and I say he is a tone-deaf dumfuck....Please post your thoughts.....
Old 06-16-2006, 12:17 PM   #747
Level 4 - Thinker

Alrighty Then?

Please TOOL NATION HELP me settle a bet.....unless there are two versions of the CD out there, I believe I am right in the following; and would like your comments... I believe at the beginning of the song that he says "Alrighty then, picture this if you will..." while my tone deaf buddy say he is saying "Alright then..." (NO "ty" on the Alright).....The second verse in question in "Got me seein "E Mother Fucking T"...he believes it is "E Fuckin T"??? I know it is trivial, but he says Im just a sheep in the Lyrics heard, and I say he is a tone-deaf dumfuck....Please post your thoughts.....
OFFLINE |  
Ardent's Avatar Ardent
06-16-2006, 12:30 PM

[x] alrighty then
[ ] alright then

[x] E mother fucking T
[ ] E fucking T

(inho)
Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #748
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Alrighty Then?

[x] alrighty then
[ ] alright then

[x] E mother fucking T
[ ] E fucking T

(inho)
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM

i dont think it says dont know wont know... maybe woh now calm down??
Old 06-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #749
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i dont think it says dont know wont know... maybe woh now calm down??
OFFLINE |  
thumphrey05's Avatar thumphrey05
06-16-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6719
http://media.putfile.com/alrighty-then

bootleg from dallas^
Old 06-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #750
lo taca te puete

Bincount™: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey6719
http://media.putfile.com/alrighty-then

bootleg from dallas^
OFFLINE |  
theDEXorphan's Avatar theDEXorphan
06-16-2006, 03:04 PM

wasn't this already figured out. why are you people still babeling?
Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #751
lacks satan

Bincount™: 5222

wasn't this already figured out. why are you people still babeling?
zaxattack
06-16-2006, 03:27 PM

Just want to know...what the hell is a diamond sundae? For some reason, that line bothers me, perhaps it's because I have no idea what's being said :)
Old 06-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #752
Level 2 - Poster

Just want to know...what the hell is a diamond sundae? For some reason, that line bothers me, perhaps it's because I have no idea what's being said :)
OFFLINE |  
optimistic-pessimist's Avatar optimistic-pessimist
06-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxattack
Neither does anyone else... They only *think* they do. I'd recommend you just enjoy the album and wait for MJK to post his lyrics...
Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #753
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Neither does anyone else... They only *think* they do. I'd recommend you just enjoy the album and wait for MJK to post his lyrics...
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-16-2006, 04:55 PM

I love Rosetta Stoned, the song.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM   #754
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

OFFLINE |  
theDEXorphan's Avatar theDEXorphan
06-17-2006, 10:28 AM

i pissed my pants. not quite as cool as shitting the bed. i'm trying though.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #755
lacks satan

Bincount™: 5222

i pissed my pants. not quite as cool as shitting the bed. i'm trying though.
Get_Ya_Wicked_On
06-17-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
it's funny. "google" diamond sundae and all you get is lyrics to this song.

... although i have heard of sundaes with gold and diamond shavings on them.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #756
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
it's funny. "google" diamond sundae and all you get is lyrics to this song.

OFFLINE |  
06-17-2006, 07:41 PM

He's eating out a box of Krispy Kremes, its somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 a.m., and just outside Area 51 would put him in the desert.

What the fuck would he be doing with a sundae of any kind, let alone a diamond sundae, which is apparently an item that has never existed in anyone's vocabulary prior to May 2, 2006.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #757

He's eating out a box of Krispy Kremes, its somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 a.m., and just outside Area 51 would put him in the desert.

What the fuck would he be doing with a sundae of any kind, let alone a diamond sundae, which is apparently an item that has never existed in anyone's vocabulary prior to May 2, 2006.
06-18-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent
[x] alrighty then
[ ] alright then

[x] E mother fucking T
[ ] E fucking T

(inho)

It is E Mother fucking T

and it is "Alright then"

No one can convicne me otherwise.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #758
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent
[x] alrighty then
[ ] alright then

[x] E mother fucking T
[ ] E fucking T

(inho)

It is E Mother fucking T

and it is "Alright then"

No one can convicne me otherwise.
OFFLINE |  
Snakedragon
06-18-2006, 03:44 AM

I've gone through rosetta stoned, slowed it down, and this is what i've got:

10 to 2 AM,
after eating up my
box of Krispy Kremes,
at my need-to-know post
the whole "chosen people" thing,
because the most flaming, stealth banana split the sky, like, wide open.
I do believe I poured myself a
diamond sundae
Then he yelled at me

Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files beings,
who was like some kind of blue-green jackie chan
did a wicked jump there
my gaping jaw,
and all I could think was,

So alive in this way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
Deadhead
Chemistry

with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
Me. The Chosen One?

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

This is so real
Like the time they floated away

It was so real,
Also a bit terrifying
When I tell this story.
Those are the peanut’s parents
This is so real
See, my heart is racing

And invited me right in.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
God damn, shit the bed

hey ...

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
God damn, shit the bed

Can't remember what he said
God help me!

God damn, shit the bed!
Old 06-18-2006, 03:44 AM   #759

I've gone through rosetta stoned, slowed it down, and this is what i've got:

10 to 2 AM,
after eating up my
box of Krispy Kremes,
at my need-to-know post
the whole "chosen people" thing,
because the most flaming, stealth banana split the sky, like, wide open.
I do believe I poured myself a
diamond sundae
Then he yelled at me

Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files beings,
who was like some kind of blue-green jackie chan
did a wicked jump there
my gaping jaw,
and all I could think was,

So alive in this way
Like an apparition,
He had me crying out,
"Fuck me
It's gotta be
Deadhead
Chemistry

with some orange slices
and some fetal spooning,
Me. The Chosen One?

You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better...
You'd better listen.

This is so real
Like the time they floated away

It was so real,
Also a bit terrifying
When I tell this story.
Those are the peanut’s parents
This is so real
See, my heart is racing

And invited me right in.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold, eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
God damn, shit the bed

hey ...

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.

But I forgot my pen
Shit the bed again ...
Typical.

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
God damn, shit the bed

God help me!

God damn, shit the bed!
OFFLINE |  
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
06-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_Ya_Wicked_On
Interesting. That almost sounds like something that would be served in a city that celebrates excess- like Vegas. Though I don't think that such an item would survive the trip across the desert to Area 51 . . . Still and all, sometimes when one is recalling the chronology of an acid trip, much of the actual timeline is jumbled. Maybe he had such a sundae earlier in the day and just misplaced the timing of the memory- though this seems a bit of a stretch . . .
But I'll pull through
Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #760
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_Ya_Wicked_On
Interesting. That almost sounds like something that would be served in a city that celebrates excess- like Vegas. Though I don't think that such an item would survive the trip across the desert to Area 51 . . . Still and all, sometimes when one is recalling the chronology of an acid trip, much of the actual timeline is jumbled. Maybe he had such a sundae earlier in the day and just misplaced the timing of the memory- though this seems a bit of a stretch . . .
But I'll pull through
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply