opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #1281

Bincount™: 9
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

i got my tool ticketfast tickets..i was on hold for like 30 minutes while she did it though
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #1282
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Negative. Getting kinda pissed too. I could be at the HBC in 20 minutes. Think they'd issue me real tickets if I brought my Ticketslow confirmation and acted irate?

Yes they will give you your ticketfast tickets at the HBC. I have picked up two tickets today for a buddy of mine in the same situation.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #1283
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp
I really dig "right in two"... anyone else?
For some reason Right in Two brings out these weird thoughts in my head.
I tend not to read any lyrics for songs (I like to figure them out through thought, and let my brain try and work our the details without bias)
And from what I can gather, this song is about the deviation of man from what IS POSSIBLE and what IS REALITY.
I love to put songs into mental videos. And the Calabi-Yau mental video of Right in Two is a mix between a National Geographic documentary on Hominids, a lecture by Erwin Schrodenger, a sermon by PJPII, the opening sequence to the movie "Contact", with a sprinkling of various pictures of the industrial revolution, the "Enlightenment", various cultural revolutions, and 20th century historical events. Of course, capped off with a few atom bomb shots.

I can't get enough of this song!

Well....
I bought 3 copies of 10000 days today, there was about 10 guys at the Furture Shop at opening this morning for the same thing. Thats awsome to see.

And I went to the Humingbird Center to pick up tickets for a buddy (ticketfast tickets). Man, I'm thinking i'll wear my tux to this show, the place is pretty swank.
I also scoped out a few Irish pubs nearby, but I'm leaning toward the Irish Embassy after the show.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #1284
Level 3 - Talker

"Originally Posted by collapsed shell in the Detroit thread
last mini tour included much of lateralus including an intermission with schism video. "

Anyone think they will do something like that again?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #1285
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

FUCK!

I just called TM, again, about my Ticketfast tickets, and it went down like so:

[paraphrasing]

Me - Where are my tickets?

Her - Oh my.

Me - I'm sorry?

...silence...

Her - Someone really made a mess here.

Me - What?

Her - Someone screwed up this order.

Me - This is the third, maybe foruth time I've called, and you're the first person to notice this? What's wrong with my order? I've got the confirmation right here...

Her - It's technical - hard to explain, but I can fix it - but not until tomorrow.

Me - Are the tickets mine?

Her - Yes, oh yes, but my shift is done in 10 minutes and it'll take longer than that to get this fixed. Can I email you them tomorrow?

Me - Sure. Can you confirm my seats?

Her - Yes. Seats are yours. I'll fix this tomorrow and email you. Don't worry. The tickets are yours.

Me - Thanks.

FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! I'm glad, I guess, that she caught this, but what a clusterfuck! Fuck!

Last edited by Bino; 05-02-2006 at 04:32 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #1286
Level 7 - Loquacious

My sister stopped at Yonge and Bloor on the way home from work and the first two stores she went to were sold out of the new album. Sweet.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #1287
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! I'm glad, I guess, that she caught this, but what a clusterfuck! Fuck!
Thanks for the update, Bino. I just called, again, and got the same response. Is everyone at Ticketmaster complete morons, or what? The guy I spoke to said I would "receive them sometime tonight." Riiiiiight. We'll see. Goddamn useless pieces of motherfucking shit for brains. ( I feel better getting that off my chest )
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #1288
Level 1 - Lurker

Still bidding for the tickets on ebay...its gonna come to about 300 canadian and I'm looking for someone to come with me....whatever you can do to help me out please reply.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #1289
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Bino and seeyou I still can't believe this shit about your tickets. And you BOTH bought in the presale!!!!! I hope a whole lot of people learned something from this experience and that they get you your tickets YESTERDAY.

Calabi-Yau, the place is pretty sweet. I remember being very impressed when I went to see Big Bird when I was 6. :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #1290
Level 7 - Loquacious

YourOwnEulogy - U have been added, Thx!

Need Seating info from: Opunaela10, shade, sleaz1, toller, staticfactory, In-Oblivian,

I'm sure to hundreds of thousands of people Radiohead is better than butter, me .... I just never caught that train, I can listen to them but it's just, simply there

EE - I do believe that artists (in this case TOOL) are capable (or in the future may (if piracy becomes worst) exercise the option of) of putting out unused/scrapped Etc. material as a decoy. In my thinking, I wasn't in any way disrespecting the leaked work (or more importantly the band themselves) but rather was open-minded to the idea that it was & is (in the future) a possible option for the guys. In this day & age it's all about the marketing - 'Be the first to own', the hype and the surprise of the moment, when this is spoiled it can really be dissapointing for the artis(s)

Danny Carey - "We're .... we're control freaks. We like to do things on out terms, release our records in our way. We like to set everything up where it's all coinciding and we have an impact that we manipulate and control and it's important to us to have everything hit at the right moment together where it has strength and we create a wave. That's the point, we want our art to be heard in our means and in our way, not in someone else's terms so ... it's the agenda we go by."

Now the '10,000 days' songs were leaked (who knows for sure how or by whom?) but it did get out, online somehow (I'm sure their not happy about this) - For their next release, they may wish to look upon all of their options

EssnayRepXTamEt - what seats did ya score (can place you in approx. local), check out the seating pic below (for now your in the middle of your row)

Calabi-Yau - you maniac, 3 copies, that's hardcore

I guess everyone that used the TicketFast option should keep trying until they can reach someone at TM = (TicketBastard) that can check/confirm or correct (if there is a problem) w/ your order

OH-Oh she's talkin' about B-Brd again Bino!!! (Here we go again) LOL!

The artwork/packaging and interactivity is stunning (considering it's a mere CD), Wish I could work in some of that 3-D technology w/ the seating pic

*see*you*auntie* - As we speak Lucasfilm/ILM is working on adding a newer developed 3-D tech to the OT for release in the next few years, Imagine! :o

Seating pic -
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/411...ating113yo.jpg

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK

Last edited by Capt. Sith Park; 05-02-2006 at 10:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #1291
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress

Calabi-Yau, the place is pretty sweet. I remember being very impressed when I went to see Big Bird when I was 6. :D
Maybe we all can use our COF's to get some sweet ass Dora the Explorer tickets for her upcoming tour!

P.S. I may wear my 10000 Days glasses to the show....
do you think it will help with the visuals?
will they go well with my tux?
Maybe Bubbles will drop Rush and become a Toolfan cause of these glasses!

Capt. Sith - not really a maniac (but hardcore), just a copy for the car, and a copy for the work van, and I always buy a copy for my sister-in-law (I had bought her a copy of every Tool album since Opiate days, its kinda a ritual, good luck, keep it in the familia thing)

Last edited by Calabi-Yau; 05-03-2006 at 04:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:35 AM   #1292
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park

EE - I do believe that artists (in this case TOOL) are capable (or in the future may (if piracy becomes worst) exercise the option of) of putting out unused/scrapped Etc. material as a decoy. In my thinking, I wasn't in any way disrespecting the leaked work (or more importantly the band themselves) but rather was open-minded to the idea that it was & is (in the future) a possible option for the guys. In this day & age it's all about the marketing - 'Be the first to own', the hype and the surprise of the moment, when this is spoiled it can really be dissapointing for the artis(s)
I wasn't talking about you. I knew where you were coming from, it is the endless threads on this site and all the assholes on songmeanings.net that wouldn't shut up about it!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:42 AM   #1293

I have finally received my blessed tickets. What a major cockup that was. I have learned my lesson; never, ever use TicketFast again.

Capt. Sith, I really wish Georgie would just leave the damn OT alone already. It's done. Move on. I got that he wanted to change some things that had always bothered him because of poor technology and all, but this is getting ridiculous. Don't get me started on what he did to poor Han. Greedo shooting first? Bah!
*end rant*
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Last edited by *see*you*auntie*; 05-03-2006 at 05:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #1294
Level 7 - Loquacious

Calabi-Yau - Can u imagine what a crack-up that would be for the band, lookin out from their vantage point and seein' 3000 people sittin' there w/ the bubble glasses on - I'd die, what a laugh that would be LOL!

EE - Just wanted 2 make sure we're on the same page

*see*you*auntie* - I couldn't agree w/ u more, I've got a 'In my SW han shoots first' t-shirt that I'm quite proud of. *Begin short rant* - IMO He totally killed Boba Fett's coolness by changing his original voice (Jason Wingreen) to T.Morrison's & How many times does he have to tweak Jabba the Hutt *End short rant* - Even though most of u r wonderin' WTF he's talkin' about, Thx for that anyway people, I feel much better now

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #1295
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabi-Yau
Maybe we all can use our COF's to get some sweet ass Dora the Explorer tickets for her upcoming tour!
Could you imagine front row seats for Dora??!?! What a show! :P

Capt., always fear the B-Bird talk? Werd.

Congrats on finally getting your tickets seeyouauntie!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #1296
jdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
I asked them to mail my tickets but they haven't arrived yet...FOCK anyone else?

As Well, we can use are COF's for radiohead tickets right? All I have is a confirmation #
I havent gotten my mailed tickets either...

and all you need is the confirmation #.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 AM   #1297
Level 4 - Thinker

My ticket just arrived in the mail today! It's so nice to finally have it in my hands, especially after all of the talk of screw-ups I've seen in this thread.

To the guy I met at the HMV midnight release: I'm not sure if you post here or read these boards, but I'll probably see you at the show. Row T, ORCH 17. And you were right: the new album rocks. It hasn't taken too many listens to figure that out.

I hope everyone else's ticket issues get resolved soon. It really does suck that ticketmaster is dragging its feet here. They really shouldn't be messing around with a concert like this.

One unrelated question: does anyone know of a Canadian alternative to Hot Topic? Or does anyone know of any other store that's selling the new Tool shirts? If I buy from Hot Topic, the only shipping option will take 10-14 business days to arrive, which is obviously too long. If there is no alternative, I'll just end up buying it at the show, but I'd rather wear it to the show. Thanks in advance.

Rock on! Tool!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #1298
Level 4 - Thinker

I picked up my ticket at a sunrise records last night - the clerk offered me $500 for my tickets hahahahaha. I of course said no.

Capt. - thanks for adding me to the seating chart buuuuuuut i think i told you the wrong place lol. im left centre row Y seat 30 (on the aisle next to the centre section)
Thanks...im gettin so pumped for this show.

For all you radiohead fans - COF members have to call the hummingbird centre to get presale tix, then you will have to go to the box office to pick them up. You can go get them a week after you order them anytime up till the show. It is not being done through ticketmaster.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #1299
Level 2 - Poster

I'll be in row KK, right near the front. Sometimes it pays to need handicapped seating.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #1300
jdp

I'm in row KK too... what seat?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #1301
Level 7 - Loquacious

FUCK PART 2!

I just got a call from TM - they can't email me my fucking tickets! She said I needed to poick them up at the HBC. I said fine - I'll go get them tomorrow. She said I can only do so the day of the show - an hour before. WTF is that shit?

I'm calling the HBC right now. This is a fucking joke.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #1302
Level 7 - Loquacious

OK - this is almost resolved.

I'm leaving work at 2:30 today to head down to the HBC where I'm told my tix will be waiting. If I take time off work and go down there and the tix aren't available I'm a get a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on somebody's ass.

Wish me luck.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #1303
jdp

Just make sure you leave the HBC in one piece so Tool can still play.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #1304
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp
Just make sure you leave the HBC in one piece so Tool can still play.
I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best.

For those who have never been there - it's a very nice place. As a kid, I used to go see the Nutcracker there (I hated that crap - getting dressed up and watching dancing - I was 8 years old thinking "kill me, please") and over the years have seen a few shows there. It's a really nice place and it'll be interesting to see how the crowd mixes with the space. This ain't no ACC or Copps. It's a wee little upscale venue.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #1305
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
OK - this is almost resolved.

I'm leaving work at 2:30 today to head down to the HBC where I'm told my tix will be waiting. If I take time off work and go down there and the tix aren't available I'm a get a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medieval on somebody's ass.

Wish me luck.
LOL!
I'm loving the Marsellus Wallace reference!

The HBC is a great venue, it should be perfect and very intimate!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #1306
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp
I'm in row KK too... what seat?
72-74
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #1307
jdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallima
72-74
cool, I'm 61-62 I think...
Old 05-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #1308
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
When does the radiohead sale start?
10am tomorrow (thursday) till 5pm
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #1309
Level 1 - Lurker

Just recieved mine by snail mail. And, by the looks of it, at the same time as those who used TicketFast.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #1310
jdp

My tickets arrived too via snail mail. Sweet..
Old 05-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #1311
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm happy to report the tix are in hand.

Amazing. After all that shit, all that confusion, being told my order was fuct, being told I'd have to wait until the 16th to pick 'em up, I just strolled in to the HBC and literally 45 seconds later I'm walking out with two tickets in hand and butterflies in belly.

In closing, I'm glad I don't own shares of Ticketmaster because they are so mismanaged they make the White house look like it has it's shit together. Total clusterfuck. I called my sister to get her to follow-up with TM as well, since she went the "ticketfast" route. Ticketfast. What a fucking joke.

Anyhow, hooo-fucking-ray!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #1312
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

For the fellow who was looking for Tool shirts at a Canadian equivalent of Hot Topic, I would imagine that you'd be able to find them somewhere along Queen Street West. If that fails I'm sure that they'd have some here in Hamilton at Rock 'N Tees on King Street East.

On another note I still haven't received my Toronto or Detroit tickets through snail mail. I'm beginning to get a little worried, especially having already found a buyer for my Detroit tickets (selling face value to a fellow hardcore fan of course) after my ride fell through. Ticketmaster has emailed me to say that the Detroit tickets have been mailed, but I've heard nothing about the Toronto tickets. All of this after my NIN tickets arrived burnt and torn up. Hooray for Canada Post and Ticketmaster.

And sorry to those tired of hearing about Radiohead, but the mailing I got today from HBC gave me the impression that CoF members were limited to 2 tickets total for Radiohead, not 2 tickets per show. It's worth giving them a call before the sale tomorrow morning if you're looking to go to both. In any event I'm sure that this wouldn't apply to the public onsale on Saturday.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #1313

Got the new album. I really want to hear the pot live
Old 05-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #1314
Level 4 - Thinker

Your NIN tickets seriously arrived burnt and torn up? Wow...
:o
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #1315
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm glad most of the ticket issues are being resolved! I guess we all know from either our own experience or someone else's to just pick up at ticketmaster location. Man, who woulda thought this would get so complicated!
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #1316
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
I'm happy to report the tix are in hand.

Amazing. After all that shit, all that confusion, being told my order was fuct, being told I'd have to wait until the 16th to pick 'em up, I just strolled in to the HBC and literally 45 seconds later I'm walking out with two tickets in hand and butterflies in belly.

In closing, I'm glad I don't own shares of Ticketmaster because they are so mismanaged they make the White house look like it has it's shit together. Total clusterfuck. I called my sister to get her to follow-up with TM as well, since she went the "ticketfast" route. Ticketfast. What a fucking joke.

Anyhow, hooo-fucking-ray!
Bino,

So If i was to mosey on down to HBC with my Ticketfast conformation i could pick up my tickets and end this shimozzle once and for all?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #1317
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleaz1
So If i was to mosey on down to HBC with my Ticketfast conformation i could pick up my tickets and end this shimozzle once and for all?
Dunno. Depends on how far the G-spot is from the HBC. I looked on a map but...I can't seem to find the G-spot - it eludes me.

Jokes.

If it's within reasonable driving distance, then I'd suggest you call TM, tell them you wanna pick them up from the HBC ASAP - like, tomorrow. They told me I could pick 'em up from an outlet in 2 days but I was like "Fuck that - I'll be at the HBC in an hour".

Bring ID, the CC you used to purchase the tix and the order #.

The disinterested dude at the box office printed my tix in literally 25 seconds. 10 to walk in, 25 to print the tix, 10 to walk out.

45 seconds.

Done and done.

Have I mentioned lately how fucking psyched I am to see fucking *TOOL* at the HBC in 13 sleeps? Way fucking excited. Think 14 year old girl with braces who just met JT - I'm talking that level geeked.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #1318
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hahaha Bino, you're the second male to compare going to a Tool concert with that of a preteen girl getting excited over a boy band. Good times.

I'm just popping in the CD now! Excitement! I felt like such a nerd though with the artwork, took me forever to figure it out. I was always horrible at those 3D things when I was younger and it seemed like Tool was just rubbing it in my face. But it's good now :D I felt a little dizzy afterwards though so I've yet to look at the black and grey/white images.
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #1319
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
Your NIN tickets seriously arrived burnt and torn up? Wow...
:o
Yeah, I'm guessing they got stuck in the gears of some mail-processing machine. Apparently the tickets themselves are rather sensitive to heat because of their weird printing process. I now have to trek out to the Skydome box office to pick up replacements, which doesn't mesh terribly well with my daily routine. Apparently they can only be replaced there, and not at the Ticketmaster outlet at Copps which I pass twice a day.

Last edited by troutmask; 05-03-2006 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: typos
OFFLINE |  
Old 05-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #1320
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

Anyone know if ticketfast tickets can be printed at any TM location for any event?
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: